Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011. Moreso Top Shot Elite! Anyone excited about this one?

PapaSmerf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
A friend and I took a lunch break to check out the traveling Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 trailer that was at a nearby Gamestop. We were very impressed. The Top Shot Elite controller was awesome. The game was not your normal hunting game. It had an arcade style 2 player hunting mode and a campaign mode that was more horror/survival than hunting. All the reviews I have seen have been from the same trailer demo I saw and all were impressed, yet most general gamer comments (most had never seen it) were negative. I am expecting delivery of the 360 version tomorrow. Is anyone else excited about this release? The only caveat I see for now is how many more games will support the controller (which impresses more than the game). I may pick up Cabela's North American Adventures just to have another title that supports the Top Shot Elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wondered about these shotgun shelled games. Do they work as competent light gun games? I might be surprised.

The game comes with it's own sensor bar (360 & PS3) that includes a camera and 1 or 2 other sensors. This is not your daddy's (or mine, I'm old) Duck Hunt. We had some issues in the demo that were supposedly addressed with calibration. This was also a statement made by other reviewers. I don't know why they could not calibrate the guns for the demo, but it was not the release version of the software. *shrug* It was still really cool though. I'll post again when I get a chance to play.

bread's done
Back