Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/ Gun $19.99 Gamestop

Darshminder

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if it has been posted earlier, but Gamestop has Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 bundled with the Top Shot Elite gun for $29.99. The price is good for the PS3, 360 & Wii versions of the game. Definitely the cheapest price that I've seen. Not sure how good the game/controller are, but sounds like it might be worth a try.

PS3:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/cabelas-dangerous-hunts-11-with-gun/78260

360:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/cabelas-dangerous-hunts-11-with-gun/78251

Wii:
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/cabelas-dangerous-hunts-11-with-gun/78259

*Update: Price has dropped to $19.99 for all bundles!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to visit 3 Gamestops before finding a X360 version, plenty of Wii and PS3 copies available. The girl behind the counter told me I was in for a surprise once she rang it up and saw that it was $19.99 instead of the stickered $29.99:applause: Little did she know about a site called CAG, so it was priced as expected;) Thanks OP!

just got back from gs after picking up the ps3 version i had on hold all day. i looked at the back of the 2012 game case and can confirm that it works with the top shot elite (same gun as included in 2011 package).

[quote name='JungleRot']Has anyone done the two player thing? Is it split screen or same screen? Are there any problems. I did read somebody was going to try it but didn't see any updates to this. Would like to hear a cag on this so I can make a good decision. Thanks[/QUOTE]

picked up just the game a few weeks ago when I got two sharpshooters for my move and nav controller 50% sale. The two player is the same screen and is a blast and very accurate with move/sharpshooter.

[quote name='shadowkast']I think the gun in 2011 doesn't work with 2012. I very well could be wrong so don't quote me, do your research.

[/QUOTE]

To answer that question:

YES! The Top Shot Elite gun will work with the Big Game Hunters 2012 and any other Cabela's titles that use the Top Shot Elite.

This applies to all consoles.

Also as an FYI for older games.

cabchart_s.jpg

Also, If you are having issues with the system, refer to this page. https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=28653 The quick tips are below.

Make sure that the sensor bar is set up and is working correctly:

The sensor bar should be placed above or below the center of the TV and should be unobstructed.
Try setting the sleep timer switch on the back of the sensor bar to 3 hours.
Make sure that you are standing 9 to 11.5 feet from the sensor bar.
Try changing the batteries in the sensor bar.

Make sure that the room you are playing is well lighted. Low lighted areas can cause issues.

Distance really Helps. Try that.

Someone asked before about split screen. The game has no split screen but you can play with two players (or two guns if that's what you fancy) on the same screen. You will need to shoot the same objects in order to get the high sccore. This is only in the galleries.

Also, if you need a video turorial, just go here. Activision actually has guides on how to set up the Top Shot.

http://youtu.be/4xQwKqxXxlA

[quote name='Sillentassasin']Someone asked before about split screen. The game has no split screen but you can play with two players (or two guns if that's what you fancy) on the same screen. You will need to shoot the same objects in order to get the high sccore. This is only in the galleries.

Also, if you need a video turorial, just go here. Activision actually has guides on how to set up the Top Shot.

http://youtu.be/4xQwKqxXxlA[/QUOTE]

That was me and thank you for the information. I needed to hear it from a CAG.

[quote name='frpilot']i would like to know too. i feel like i wasted my money if 2012 gun is better/different.[/QUOTE]

Im gonna ask this too.. its been answered that it works with it most likely, but is the gun the same? or did they fix this range issue with teh 2012 model?

Im gonna take my copy back and get the price difference this weekend. I think its still within 30 days. Maybe i'll pick up the wii one too

the top shot elite with this bundle is the exact same as the 2012 bundle, so there's no reason to get the 2012 version for the gun. should pick up this bundle for $20 and the game only for 2012

Got this last night, I have a 50" plasma and set the sensor underneath it and it worked good. I had to stand about 12' back from the TV though, fun game for $20.

Which platform is this better on? 360 or the wii? I'm considering picking up the wii version mainly so my youngest son can play.

Just skimmed through the thread and have a suggestion for larger screens. I have a 67" TV and I just could not get far enough away to calibrate. I ended up placing the sensor on a book to raise it a foot or so to a position so that it actually covered a bit of the bottom of the screen. This allowed me to calibrate and sit on the couch instead of standing behind it.

this lists co op on the back. I was curious though, is it same screen co op? or is it only live co op? for the 360 btw. I figure its worth getting a 2nd copy for the 360 to play with my niece and friends

also wondering about the PS3 version.. does it just use the move? or its own sensor?

Picked up the last copy for the PS3 last night. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Kenshindono']
also wondering about the PS3 version.. does it just use the move? or its own sensor?[/QUOTE]

It has it own sensor bar for the gun and the option to use move Instead of the gun.

For anyone too cheap to buy this at $20, Toys R Us just clearanced out this game for $9.98 and I assume that it qualifies for the Buy 2 get 1 Free promo.

[quote name='cheapfrag']For anyone too cheap to buy this at $20, Toys R Us just clearanced out this game for $9.98 and I assume that it qualifies for the Buy 2 get 1 Free promo.[/QUOTE]

Is this for all systems and include the bundle? That sounds almost too good to be true, haha. It's showing regular price online but as we know that may or may not mean jack squat.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Is this for all systems and include the bundle? That sounds almost too good to be true, haha. It's showing regular price online but as we know that may or may not mean jack squat.[/QUOTE]

I definitely saw PS3 bundle with the gun. And another system bundle, which if my memory serves was for XBOX 360. Also some Rapala fishing game with reel.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I definitely saw PS3 bundle with the gun. And another system bundle, which if my memory serves was for XBOX 360. Also some Rapala fishing game with reel.[/QUOTE]

So is this in-store only? Would it be worth my while to swing by my local TRU on the way home from work?

[quote name='warreni']So is this in-store only? Would it be worth my while to swing by my local TRU on the way home from work?[/QUOTE]

Maybe call ahead and confirm at your store. The bundles were marked at my store but don't know how good other stores are with markdowns. (But if you do call, make sure they look up the price in the system versus just going off a shelf tag.)

[quote name='krashhole']Which platform is this better on? 360 or the wii? I'm considering picking up the wii version mainly so my youngest son can play.[/QUOTE]

can anyone answer this? i have same question

[quote name='henry00x']can anyone answer this? i have same question[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend the 360 version. The Wii version is basically a shell that you load a Remote and Nunchuk in to. The 360 and PS3 versions are guns that come with light sensors. Plus the 360 will be able to output better graphics than the Wii version.

all the bad reviews regarding the nightmare calibrating the gun scared me off, instead i ordered the PS3 standalone game from gohastings for $9.73 used to use with sharpshooter which sounds like safest bet

I can confirm that all 3 console bundles of this game are $9.98 at TRU....picked up 1 Wii; 1 360 & 1 PS3 bundle for a cool $21.21 after tax....in store only....

[quote name='the8055']Does anybody have gameplay of this with a sharpshooter?[/QUOTE]

i couldnt find any but from doing some research on the net, i found positive reviews for the sharpshooter working with this game. Most said it was better than using the top shot/IR receiver

I went to 3 stores before I finally found one, and was excited to bring it home and try it. I'm always a sucker for something "new", and I love game boxes and different peripherals for my game room.

I have played and platinumed a different Cabela's game (the name eludes me at the moment) and it has been a while since I played a hunting game.

The gun is nice enough, feels a tad small for me, so anyone taller than 5'7 is really going to think it is small.

I tried to play with the gun but can not get the hang of it. It's terrible. Shooting is fairly accurate, but moving is so unnatural it ruins any flow in the game. You move forward/back and strafe with the analog stick located on the gun handle, behind the trigger. Looking side to side requires you to point the gun at the sides of the screen. I feel like I can only do one at a time, and it just doesnt move naturally... when it does move. More times than not, the game wont do anything. I dont know if the sensor bar isnt reading the gun some of the times, or if the game is freezing, but far too often the game will not move or look in the direction I am trying to. Combine that with the already weird movement method, and it makes even standing still to look for something on the the ground a tedious and frustrating experience.

I got attacked by a pack of wolves and only survived because I managed to back myself against a wall and spam the trigger/reload buttons.

Using the regular controller was a lot easier and that may be the way to play this game.

My move controllers are charging now, I have the sharpshooter, I will try using that as well. However, if I have the same experience here that I did with Socom and Killzone 3 (difficulty moving) I probably will just play with the regular controller.

I'm coming to learn that these Move/motion control shooting games are perfect for on rails games like The Shoot and House of the Dead, but adding full range of motion just doesnt work.

I'll post when I try it out with the Sharpshooter.

is this dead? I picked up 3 copies of xbox and 1 of ps3 at toysrus for 9.98 a pop, but they were out of Wii. Iw asg onna return my gamestop copy for a wii one but when i checked at one they said they were back to full price... is the sale over or is that store stupid? it wasn't the one i usually shop at

It would be awesome if this worked with ps3 and ps2 (for backward compatible)light gun games .

bread's done
Back