Cable or Satellite?

deathscythehe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I'm about to end a promo deal I have for cable, at which point it's going to just about double in price. I'm looking into alternatives.
The only 2 satellite companies in my area are DirectTV and Dish Network. Does anyone have experience with them? What is the service like overall? Do you lose service as much as I've heard?

My in-laws have one of the satellite services (can't remember which) and the darn thing goes out whenever there is bad weather. Just something to keep in mind.

I've had both before.

DirectTV will go out in heavy winds, dark clouds sometimes and always 100% with normal to heavy rain.

Dish Network never went out for me. They are the one to go with.

Tell your cable company you're considering cancelling because it's too expensive, and they'll keep your promo going.

I have had DISH for over a year now, after 10 years of COX cable, and I have loved it. Way more HD, the whole bad weather thing is true to a point, but we have had over 99% up time. For example heavy heavy rain might make it cut out for a few minutes, or a strong thunderstorm might do the same, but it's not a big issue. My DISH VIP 622 is a damn nice DVR a thousand times better than my COX one was. The HD looks good, and I have a ton of it, all the national cable networks, fringe networks, and some PPV. It was tough for me to make the switch because I was with the cable co for so long, but I haven't looked back, and I am looking forward to the new DISH VIP922 with built in sling.

Dish Network here. Like it a lot. I haven't lost service during bad weather in three years. I have the Turbo HD Gold package and get all the stations I want for about $43 a month.

I am moving in a month and decided to skip both cable and satellite and just use Boxee to stream to my TV. I might pick a Tivo and just use my bunny ears as well. I don't feel like paying for tv anymore.

[quote name='JJSP']Tell your cable company you're considering cancelling because it's too expensive, and they'll keep your promo going.[/quote]

Indeed.

bread's done
Back