CAG 2008 Presidential Exit Poll

[quote name='thrustbucket']In this thread? Where? I missed it. And leave Jesus out of this. :)

I actually have the same logic you do: not to vote for anyone that voted for the bailout. Which must also include McCain and Obama (for me). It saddens me to see people vote by hatred (against candidates), and not stick with principles.[/QUOTE]

I don't HATE McCain, I hate his policies and stances. I didn't post my reasoning for an Obama vote despite the bailout in this thread, but I had a while back when the bailout was first passed, though there's a good chance you didn't see that, so I don't blame you.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I don't HATE McCain, I hate his policies and stances. I didn't post my reasoning for an Obama vote despite the bailout in this thread, but I had a while back when the bailout was first passed, though there's a good chance you didn't see that, so I don't blame you.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention if you hate the majority of a persons principles its kind of hard not to hate the person. I believed in McCain, I have for years. And he then proceeded to toss principles out the door and come just short of starting race riots all to win an election. I mean Jesus christ what more needs to be said when the guy states he wont even vote on his own bill anymore.

I voted for Nader in 2000 out of principle. In 2004 I voted AGAINST Bush and this time again now living in Ohio I am voting on principles.....not mine though against someone elses because they are so disgusting that it is more important to make 100% sure my vote goes towards whoever is most likely to keep him out of office. Nothing wrong with that.

Democrat voted for Obama and Chris Van Hollen (D) for senate in Maryland. Also voted yes for slots for education money.

Had no problems, line wasn't too bad. Took about 20 minutes to get in and out. Nice to have a polling place 2 blocks from my home as well.

Apathetic (just like Facebook says), Obama.

No line. Gots an "I voted" sticker, which I promptly placed on my shirt.

Edit: Oh yeah. Not touch screen. Had this little strange "wheel" thing that you spun to select your choices, and then hit another button to confirm choices. I had snuck a camera in with me in case I needed to video my voting, but it looks like that was a non-issue.

Still seems like it would be difficult for older citizens to vote effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just voted. I'm "Unaffiliated".

Wrote in Ron Paul.

Checked off mostly libertarian candidates running for local stuff.

Voted 'no' on anything that appeared to cost tax payer money.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, if we had 2000's McCain, he'd be giving Obama a run for his money (as far as for me deciding who to vote for)
But McCain's changed.[/QUOTE]

If we had 2000s McCain I would have sat down and had to do some serious research on who to vote for.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']For some reason, I knew thrustbucket was a Ron Paul supporter. Not that there's anything wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

hehe I would have voted for Ron Paul over either of the 2 we had run. And while nothign is wrong with being a Ron Paul supporter its completely moronic to vote against anything that sounds like it might have a Tax increase.

I am going to be pissed whenever COSI is kept closed because people refuse to pay a god damned quarter in taxes once every month or two. Stupid fuckers are costing the loss of such a great place for children to go over a fucking quarter!

Unaffiliated, Obama (D). Also voted for Mark Warner (D) and Gerry Connolly (D). I think this is the first time I voted for all Democrats, and I didnt feel very good about it. However, Mark Warner is *clearly* the best choice for Senate and Connolly has done a decent job here in Fairfax. Still, I wish Tom Davis (R) wasnt retiring this seat.

By the way, if you want midnight voting, you should move to Dixville Notch, NH ;)

Democrat, and voted for Obama... Also voted No on Prop 8., and mostly voted along my party line. :D
I did vote No on local measure VV to support AC Transit bus services, because they charge $1.75 for a bus ride, and they want to charge another $4 per year onto our yearly parcel tax. If San Francisco Muni and LA Metro bus services only charge 50 cents for a bus ride, why can't AC Transit? They need to better manage their money, and I refuse to give them more of mine. :nottalking:

D, Obama, Charlie Brown, no surprises. No no 8, 4. Yes on the animal cruelty measure, and yes on a high speed train. I doubt the train thing will pass, but I'd love not having to jump on a plane every other week when I work in LA.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm pretty liberal, but I actually voted for the Republican running for Senate and the Independent running for Congress in Rhode Island because the incumbent Democrats voted for the bailout. Just like I said I would on these very forums. :D Of course, they will win in a landslide anyway because it's RI.[/quote]

I like that DoK. Hold these guys responsible for their actions. Bush at the helm doesn't give these guys the right to make stupid decisions themselves.

Your thought process is similar to what happened in Pennsylvania after the hefty pay raise state lawmakers approved for themselves. Came to be know as "Bonus Gate" by the local papers.

[quote name='squid']D, Obama, Charlie Brown, no surprises. No no 8, 4. Yes on the animal cruelty measure, and yes on a high speed train. I doubt the train thing will pass, but I'd love not having to jump on a plane every other week when I work in LA.[/QUOTE]

charlie brown!? yes on 2?! IDIOT! :bomb:

Pres: Barack Obama (D)
Senate: Norm Coleman (R)
House: Keith Ellison (D)
House: Ole Hovde (R)
Voted for two judges - forgot their exact names and I'm not going to look up what they were. :X
No to Clean Water Act.
Yes to Increased Public School Student Funding.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I did not vote in this election due to missing the deadline to register to vote. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Jesus christ man. Is there anything in life that you don't fail at?

You talk repeatedly about how your excited to vote in Indiana for once and you miss the deadline?

So when do we start getting results? I knew the results for all but 1-or-2 ridings during the last Canadian election before I went to bed on election day. What's the normal time this shit starts popping up?

[quote name='The Crotch']So when do we start getting results? I knew the results for all but 1-or-2 ridings during the last Canadian election before I went to bed on election day. What's the normal time this shit starts popping up?[/QUOTE]

Earliest poll closings are at 7pm EST (assuming they don't get extended). After that time they'll start talking exit poll trends etc. in states as they close and results will start rolling in 9, 10, 11pm EST (can't remember when they called the first state in 2004).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Jesus christ man. Is there anything in life that you don't fail at?

You talk repeatedly about how your excited to vote in Indiana for once and you miss the deadline?[/QUOTE]The deadline was October 6th (and that was a day too I couldn't get to a place to register due to no transportation. Now I have it thankfully). Normally I don't bother to vote in Indiana because the election goes HEAVY republican (Bush won in 2004 by around 20 percentage points here). By the time it got closer, I missed the chance to register. If I could go back in time I would have.

If the election was popular vote, you better bet I'd be voting (Gore won the popular vote in 2000, yet he lost the election, which still makes me upset to this day, and has discouraged SOME democrats in my state from voting).

[quote name='Dead of Knight']For some reason, I knew thrustbucket was a Ron Paul supporter. Not that there's anything wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't really say I am a supporter. Certainly not a Ron Paul activist or nut like you see hanging banners around. I actually have been waffling between writing in Ron Paul or voting for Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr up until today.

I guess you could say the only thing I strongly support, is getting away from the corrupt pretend 2 party system.

President: Democrat: Obama.
U.S. Senator, TX: Richard Noriega (D)
U.S. Representative, TX (District 7): Michael Skelly (D)
TX State Board of Education, District 7: Laura Ewing (D)

I guess because I'm still technically a "newbie" I can't actually vote in the poll, though.

Main issues: Education, agricultural reform, NSF/medical/scientific funding, civil rights, and veteran affairs. In other words, with the exception of civil/gay rights, the issues most of you ignored :bomb:

And to make matters worse this is in Texas. I don't know why I even bothered voting blue :lol:

BTW, I know it says I'm in Norman but I'm Texas resident/OU student, so I voted two weeks ago via absentee ballot.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The deadline was October 6th (and that was a day too I couldn't get to a place to register due to no transportation. Now I have it thankfully). Normally I don't bother to vote in Indiana because the election goes HEAVY republican (Bush won in 2004 by around 20 percentage points here). By the time it got closer, I missed the chance to register. If I could go back in time I would have.

If the election was popular vote, you better bet I'd be voting (Gore won the popular vote in 2000, yet he lost the election, which still makes me upset to this day, and has discouraged SOME democrats in my state from voting).[/quote]

I think Indiana is one of the Swing States this year, player

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The deadline was October 6th (and that was a day too I couldn't get to a place to register due to no transportation. Now I have it thankfully). Normally I don't bother to vote in Indiana because the election goes HEAVY republican (Bush won in 2004 by around 20 percentage points here). By the time it got closer, I missed the chance to register. If I could go back in time I would have.

If the election was popular vote, you better bet I'd be voting (Gore won the popular vote in 2000, yet he lost the election, which still makes me upset to this day, and has discouraged SOME democrats in my state from voting).[/QUOTE]
You fail. You fail so very, very much. You do know you don't have to register to vote in person, and can mail in a registration form, don't you?

I'M BLAMING YOU IF OBAMA DOESN'T WIN THE PRESIDENCY, TMK. AND YOU'LL HAVE TO SEND BACK THAT CECIL HARVEY FIGURINE.

Son of a bitch.

[quote name='nintendokid']This is typical exit poll results. This reflects the 2004 election exit poll perfectly and we know how that ended.[/quote]

Major election shenanigans + close race = exit polls don't make sense.

It's quite different this year.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You fail. You fail so very, very much. You do know you don't have to register to vote in person, and can mail in a registration form, don't you?[/QUOTE]To be honest I did not. I barely knew much about the voting process over the years since candidates normally ignored my state. After getting several calls by the RNC (did again today), being a swing state, and other things, I'm BEYOND upset I did not think to register back in September. I dunno if I could have because the day I found out about the last day was on Saturday evening (when Monday was the last day to register). I was thinking I had to go to the BMV or a few other locations to register. I KNOW it's a mistake I made and I will make sure I do not ever make it again.

[quote name='billyrox']I think Indiana is one of the Swing States this year, player[/QUOTE]It is, and that's why I'm kicking myself now. Previously it was not a swing state.

[quote name='yukine']Why do you hate America, Mana?[/QUOTE]I definitely do not hate it (I love it). ;)

But I'll leave this thread at what I said. I understand this was a mistake, and only thing I can do is make sure to never make it again (I cannot erase the past).

[quote name='mykevermin']Princess Leia's being hologrammed on CNN RIGHT fuckING NOW!!!!

"Help me, Wolf Blitzer. You're my only hope!"[/QUOTE]

Seriously, what the fuck is that shit?

I remember when Daily Show was making fun of the hilarity of how overblown all the 24 hour news networks' magical touch panels were, but this shit is OFF THE BIG ASS CHAINS.

[quote name='mykevermin']Princess Leia's being hologrammed on CNN RIGHT fuckING NOW!!!!

"Help me, Wolf Blitzer. You're my only hope!"[/quote]

Hahaha! I saw that hours ago... I totally see this being spoofed on 'Best Week Ever' and 'The Soup'. :lol:

bread's done
Back