CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm just missing the setting/buttons somewhere but I can't seem to find the place to upload pictures to my galley or delete an old gallery.

I'm sure I'm just missing the setting/buttons somewhere but I can't seem to find the place to upload pictures to my galley or delete an old gallery.
Click on one of your galleries and there's a big upload button at the top of it. The delete button is to the right under your username and avatar.

Just checked via IE11, Chrome and Firefox and this is all I see when I enter a gallery.

acnFotnd.jpg

Probably a permissions issue somewhere. Not a huge deal, just was playing around with the gallery feature.

I'm glad that I can look at my collection now, but unfortunately I am unable to add anything.  I type things into the search box, but nothing comes up, nothing loads, nothing happens.  There is a stack of games sitting next to me that must be catalogued! :)

Here are some things that the old collections system did that I hope will be part of the new collection system:

-Able to view lists by date added, especially useful to view the most recently added games

-Easily move items from "Wishlist" to "Collection"

-Download a CSV (or other easily imported format) of collections

-Search your collection

Also, where did all of the artwork go?  I neurotically added artwork for every game in my collection that did not already have cover art available?  The Grid view looks like it will be rad eventually, but it is so lonely now.

Keep up the awesome work.  The CAG 3.0 looks better each week.

I'm glad that I can look at my collection now, but unfortunately I am unable to add anything. I type things into the search box, but nothing comes up, nothing loads, nothing happens. There is a stack of games sitting next to me that must be catalogued! :)

Here are some things that the old collections system did that I hope will be part of the new collection system:

-Able to view lists by date added, especially useful to view the most recently added games

-Easily move items from "Wishlist" to "Collection"

-Download a CSV (or other easily imported format) of collections

-Search your collection

Also, where did all of the artwork go? I neurotically added artwork for every game in my collection that did not already have cover art available? The Grid view looks like it will be rad eventually, but it is so lonely now.

Keep up the awesome work. The CAG 3.0 looks better each week.
Shit, we brought a new server online earlier today and I forgot to install everything we need for the game searching stuff. Should be fixed now.

Everything else you've mentioned should be back up over the weekend, except for CSV downloading - I haven't done that yet.

The only thing I used the game collection feature for was the ability to keep track of what I've beaten, and what I've rated games that I've played... it looks like that information's gone. Please tell me it's not staying gone. :|

If you ever downloaded your collection as a csv file, [beaten] is one of the fields in there (so is Now Playing). It didn't save ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to highlight, copy and paste my collection into Excel using the Paste Special function and selecting text.  The console went into the cell below each title like this:

3D Dot Game Heroes

PS3

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

PS3

I used the =A2 function in cell B1 for the first title, dragged the formula for each of the cells, copy and paste special column B as values so it looked like this:

3D Dot Game Heroes                      PS3

PS3                                                 3D Dot Game Heroes

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand            PS3

PS3                                                 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Then deleted the data in any row where there was a console in column A using the filters so I was left with this.

3D Dot Game Heroes                      PS3

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand            PS3

Didn't take that long with 2100 games and is a workaround until the csv download is added.

Not sure if this is where I should be asking about this, but I had a post I made disappear, and I'm wondering if it had anything to do with ongoing updates to the site. I guess it could have just been deleted by a mod, but there was nothing inflammatory or objectionable about the post, and it was on topic in the thread. I posted in the XBOX One Preorder thread last night, and today I saw in my notifications that someone had Liked the post, and two people had quoted it. When I clicked on the notification, it initially took me to the last page of the thread (page 19) where my post should have been, then abruptly switched to the OP of the thread. My post is gone, along with the two posts that had apparently quoted mine.

Sorry if this seems off-topic in this thread, but I have no idea why it would have been deleted, so maybe there's another explanation?

Not sure if this is where I should be asking about this, but I had a post I made disappear, and I'm wondering if it had anything to do with ongoing updates to the site. I guess it could have just been deleted by a mod, but there was nothing inflammatory or objectionable about the post, and it was on topic in the thread. I posted in the XBOX One Preorder thread last night, and today I saw in my notifications that someone had Liked the post, and two people had quoted it. When I clicked on the notification, it initially took me to the last page of the thread (page 19) where my post should have been, then abruptly switched to the OP of the thread. My post is gone, along with the two posts that had apparently quoted mine.

Sorry if this seems off-topic in this thread, but I have no idea why it would have been deleted, so maybe there's another explanation?
I checked and it was deleted. It was likely for being a bit off topic in a deals thread.

I've seen a lot of double posting and double quoting (two of the same quote in one post) in the past day or two, though I'm not sure if that's something that you guys can address or not.

Trakan said:
I checked and it was deleted. It was likely for being a bit off topic in a deals thread.
OK. Weird, though- I don't feel like my post was out of line with much of the conversation going on in that thread. Oh well, I guess one of the mods saw it differently. Thanks Trakan, I appreciate the answer.

mitch079 said:
It shows in your content history in red so I guess that shows it was deleted.
Thanks mitch. Believe it or not, I didn't know how to check my history, so I hadn't seen that. Well, if nothing else, at least I learned how to do something I didn't know before. :lol:

Emails for PMs are dreadfully slow. I got a PM and I didn't get a email until about 7-10 mins later. Really slows down trades when i'm on the road and not sitting on the site. Any way to optimize this?

Not a fan of the new layout, i cant order them by date/platform/genre anymore, also alot of images are missing, now its one long ass list without pages, im hoping its still in a beta form, because ill be moving on to another site if it isnt improved.

OMFG...I haven't bothered to look up where all the extra stuff went like price tracking and wishlists etc until just now.  Wondering if they just haven't been implemented in yet since the site changed.

It never occured to me to look at the very bottom of the site....who thought that was a good idea?

Really getting tired of changing to the dark theme everytime I visit the site. Don't most users prefer the dark theme? Can we at least put it to a vote on which theme will be the default?

Just wondering if my beaten games were supposed to transfer over to the new system.  I like to keep my list here with games beaten, but there is no where to mark the game beaten and the beaten games list is empty.

Really getting tired of changing to the dark theme everytime I visit the site. Don't most users prefer the dark theme? Can we at least put it to a vote on which theme will be the default?
I changed to the dark theme when it first became available and its never changed back to the white. Dark every time I visit the site now.

It's your own fault if you keep clearing your cookies every time you log out.
No, clearing my cookies is a security thing. Most cookies are set to expire 20-30 years from now, if you don't clear them they never go away and they track you forever.

Mine's tied to my login ID. If I'm logged out when I go to the site, it's white. If I'm logged in or when I login, it changes to the dark.

Is there a way to bookmark the site so that the dark theme will appear automatically?

I don't always log in and my cookies get cleared daily. At present my bookmarks bring me to the bright white pages which I don't think are as good.

I figured the ignore function out in case anyone else is wondering.

Click on your username in the top right corner.

Click on Edit my Profile.

Click on ignore preferences.

Scroll down to "Add a new user to my list".

Add them, manually.

Click on all of this "Ignore:  Posts    Signature    Messages".

Save changes.

Minor thing, the fuck filter isn't working on some other combinations that I believed worked on the other board like ****er and ****ed, I could be remembering wrong though.

Why is the Light theme default anyway? It's almost universally agreed upon that the Dark theme looks better, and some elements of the site (like the page header) are black and don't blend well with the Light theme.

Just updated my profile to view 100 posts per page(Yay!!!!) and while it worked in this thread....it still does the 10 per page in Hot Deals.....just to let you know :D

thanks for all the hard work......Brownies for Everyone!!!!!!

I know its been said that all the content is coming back before the switch, but any news on importing the old lists into the new format?  I spent a good amount of time on those before, hopefully they are still in the works.  No rush either way, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back