CAG 360 Game Lending Circle - NOW OPEN TO ALL, READ RULES 1ST - 292 Games Available!

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Two Years on CAG: 10+ iTrader @ 100%

Are you really going to begrudge me 2 weeks?[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']Cheap Ass Gamer 360 Game Lending Circle
Reading over chronotrigga's post, I also agree with the notion of beta testing the circle. For the time being, we are opening the lending circle only to borrowers with 15+/100% iTrader or more and at least a year on CAG, and lenders with at least a year on CAG. Only 10 transactions will be active during this period.

If you qualify for the beta phase and are interested in participating, I'd say go ahead and make a single post of games you're willing to lend out. Strike up a deal with a borrower with a good enough rating, and PM me the contract you come up with.

Once we have 10 active transactions, I'm not taking any more requests. I'll update the OP with the new rules and a transaction list.

~HotShotX[/quote]

I'm not begrudging you two weeks. I'm sticking to the ground rules I've created for the beta phase.

[quote name='Cheadyp']So you have to have been here for over a year to take part in this?[/QUOTE]

Only during the beta phase. You have enough iTrader to qualify outright, but for the time being I want to keep this limited to CAGs who have been with the site for at least a year.

~HotShotX

[quote name='SoulReaver']Ah forgot to pm you hotshotx, Manatee and I are possibly cross shipping my Mercs 2 and his Condemned 2/Chomehounds[/quote]

So wait, according to what I've been told, the following is going on between you, Mantaee, and captmurphy:

captmurphy - Call of Duty 4 / SoulReaver
Manatee - Mercenaries 2 / SoulReaver
SoulReaver - Project Gotham Racing 4 / captmurphy
SoulReaver - Condemned 2 / Manatee
SoulReaver - Chromehounds / Manatee

*facepalm*

Not that I can really do anything to stop it, but here's the rules you're violating:

1. Manatee cannot borrow (his iTrader is below 15+/100%), he can only lend during this beta phase.
2. SoulReaver cannot borrow more than 1 game.

Since captmurphy & SoulReaver both submitted and confirmed the CoD4/PGR4 lending first, that will be the only lending recognized by the CAG GLC. If any issues arise in the other lendings, you are on your own. I have no jurisdiction over leaving Lending feedback for one another if it is implemented, but I imagine it would be considered as leaving fraudulent feedback for an unrecognized lending. (i.e., Whoopdie freaking doo.)

Either way, good luck. I know I'm trying to keep this reigned in to help prevent/limit abuse, but in the end it's your games, do as you please with them. Just try to be safe, I hate to see fellow gamers be ripped off.

~HotShotX

Do you still have any openings for the lending/borrowing beta? I'm pretty sure I meet the requirements for both, wouldn't mind helping out on this as well. Seems like a great idea.

[quote name='jp0213']Do you still have any openings for the lending/borrowing beta? I'm pretty sure I meet the requirements for both, wouldn't mind helping out on this as well. Seems like a great idea.[/quote]

There are still 5 available slots for recognized transactions in the CAG 360 DLC. All current transactions can be viewed in the OP.

~HotShotX

The games I'm willing to lend out.

Battlefield Bad Company: Gold Edition
Big Bumpin
Burnout: Revenge
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4
Crackdown
Dead or Alive 4
Destroy All Humans!: Path of the Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Limited Collector's Edition
Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isle
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. Files
Fable II: Limited Edition
Fallout 3: Limited Edition
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Gears of War: Limited Collector's Edition
Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition
Halo 3: Legendary Edition
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Madden NFL 08
Madden NFL 09: 20th Anniversary Edition
Mass Effect: Limited Collector's Edition
Mercenaries 2
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Collector's Edition
PocketBike Racer
Prey: Limited Collector's Edition
Quake 4
Scene It!
Sneak King
Soul Calibur IV: Limited Edition
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
Star Trek: Legacy
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

One thing to note however. If there is a game that has a special edition disc or special casing/slipcover, those will not be sent. I have a few spare cases to where I will send the game disc and instruction manual out only. I would like to keep the lending out time to 2 weeks. Just play it by ear though.

Things I would like to borrow:

Left 4 Dead
Prince of Persia
Monopoly
Scene It: Box Office Smash
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Quantam of Solace
Dead Space
FarCry 2
Need for Speed Underground
History Channel: Civil War
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
History Channel: Civil War Secret Mission

When do you suppose this'll go out of beta-phase?

Also, is it possible to get a sticky thread and an OP with everyone's TL and username?

[quote name='SoulReaver']When do you suppose this'll go out of beta-phase?

Also, is it possible to get a sticky thread and an OP with everyone's TL and username?[/quote]

1. Beta-Phase will end when Lending and Borrowing is added to the iTrader system, until then I'll just keep expanding the system and keeping track of successful lendings.

2. I would like the thread stickied, but it requires a mod to do this.

3. The OP would not be able to list everyone's TL. 10,000 character limit. Its debatable what would be the best way to organize lending listings, but I'm thinking it will follow a similar format to the "Trade your 360 games here" thread, in which each CAG gets one post in the thread to list what they have, and must delete their old post in order to repost.

Aside from that, perhaps an entire subforum dedicated to lending (similar to trading forum) would be best, but I think that's asking way too much at this time.

EDIT: SynGamer informs me that CAG does not have a 10,000 character limit, so I will attempt to take each CAG Lender's listing and add it to a section on the OP. It is the borrower's responsibility to check with a potential lender that a particular game is still available. I will not be constantly updating lists, just copying and pasting what you've already posted. If you would like yours added, please do not hesitate to post it.

~HotShotX

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HotShotX']Bumped for the cause, and to show off my new penis. :)

~HotShotX[/quote]

It looks just like you. You must be proud!

I guess I can try this. I've got lots of games that I'm not playing ATM and don't mind lending them out to responsible cags.

All-Pro Football 2K8
Beautiful Katamari
Blazing Angels 2
Blitz the League
Bigs (The)
Burger King Games (Big Bumpin , Pocketbike Racer , Sneak King)
Cars
Chromehounds
Crackdown
Culdcept Saga
Dance Dance Revolution Universe
Darkness (The)
Dark Sector
Dead or Alive 4
Deadrising
Def Jam Icon
Dragonball Z : Burst Limit
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
FIFA Soccer 07
Forza 2
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Hitman Blood Money
Just Cause
Kameo
Lara Croft : Tomb Radier : Legend
Lost Odyssey
Madden 08
Marvel Ultimate Alliace Gold Edition
NBA 2K6
NBA 2K7
NBA Street Homecourt
Ninety Nine Nights
Open Season
Peter Jackson't King Kong
Perfect Dark Zero
Phantasy Star Universe
Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4
Project Sylpheed
Ridge Racer 6
Rumble Roses
Shrek the Third
Sonic the Hedgehog
The Simpsons Game
Spider-man 3
Spiderwick Chronicles
Stanglehold
Stuntman Ignition
Superman Returns
Table Tennis presented by Rockstar Games
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Timeshift
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell : Double Agent
Tony Hawks' Project 8
Virtua Fighter 5 Online
Wartech
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Keep the lending up guys. If we can get a couple of successful lendings under our belt I don't see any reason not to expand and open up borrowing to more CAGs.

~HotShotX

Thread seems to be slowing down, yet we have several people willing to lend out good games to reputable CAGs.

So, what's the hold up, what's keeping this circle from having more than 5 transactions at this time?

~HotShotX

Games I have available to lend out:
:360: Bioshock
:360: Blue Dragon
:360: Call of Duty 3
:360: Call of Duty 4
:360: Civilization Revolution
:360: Culdcept Saga
:360: Devil May Cry 4
:360: Eternal Sonata
:360: Gears of War
:360: Gears of War 2
:360: Grand Theft Auto 4
:360: Kameo
:360: Lego Batman
:360: Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2
:360: Orange Box
:360: Overlord
:360: Spider-Man 3
:360: Tenchu Z
:360: Too Human
:360: Viva Pinata
:360: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise​

Hey Hotshot , just a thought but maybe people aren't making borrowing offers on the available games because they don't know what the lender might want in return?

Although there is 2 problems with this idea. 1)The lenders may not necessarily want or need anything (not likely but possible). 2)The borrower could still just make an offer and see if the lender is interested.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Hey Hotshot , just a thought but maybe people aren't making borrowing offers on the available games because they don't know what the lender might want in return?

Although there is 2 problems with this idea. 1)The lenders may not necessarily want or need anything (not likely but possible). 2)The borrower could still just make an offer and see if the lender is interested.[/quote]

A borrower does not have to offer up a game in return for borrowing from a lender. Of the 8 lenders we have so far, I don't think any more than 1 or 2 have provided any sort of restrictions to borrowers other than taking care of what they borrow.

As log as you have the required iTrader rating, you may engage in one-sided lending/borrowing.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']A borrower does not have to offer up a game in return for borrowing from a lender. Of the 8 lenders we have so far, I don't think any more than 1 or 2 have provided any sort of restrictions to borrowers other than taking care of what they borrow.

As log as you have the required iTrader rating, you may engage in one-sided lending/borrowing.

~HotShotX[/quote]

I understand that , but maybe there is a misinterpretation about that.

Just throwing thoughts out there.:shrugs:

I might not qualify for the beta whatever, but if I am, I have Fallout 3 (which I'm not playing at the moment) that I'd like to loan out for Fable 2. Looking to play Fable 2 over the Christmas Break, so yeah. Hit me up.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I might not qualify for the beta whatever, but if I am, I have Fallout 3 (which I'm not playing at the moment) that I'd like to loan out for Fable 2. Looking to play Fable 2 over the Christmas Break, so yeah. Hit me up.[/quote]

You would qualify for the beta.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Foo228']jp0213 is going to loan me his Fear[/quote]

Man, I definitely missed that, Foo228 needs to send me a PM next time.

Aside from that, how's everyone progressing along?

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Man, I definitely missed that, Foo228 needs to send me a PM next time.

Aside from that, how's everyone progressing along?

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Why do we need to send pms all the sudden?

Got the game today, btw

[quote name='Foo228']Why do we need to send pms all the sudden?

Got the game today, btw[/quote]

PMs ensure that all lending information gets to me directly, this information can be used by other lenders to determine whether a potential borrower is trying to abuse the system and borrow more than they are allowed.

Glad to hear things are going well so far.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Foo228']Alright, so it's just to check fraud. I'm down with that.[/quote]

Right, I think the last thing any lender would want to find out is that the douchebag they just shipped a game out to has requested games from 10 other people at the same time, and all were shipped out before word got around.

That's why I try to keep the communication open with the circle, although it does seem a bit "Big Brother" like.

~HotShotX

Any chance I can quality for this beta?

I have a bunch of games I can loan out and I only want to play one or two games which I do not have.

I've been putting some thought into this and am possibly willing to give it a try. Is it too late to add my name as a lender? If not, I'll post a list later as I have to do some running around in the snow and ice.

[quote name='Littlefields']Is this still going on? Now that Christmas is over, I wouldn't mind being a lender too.[/quote]

Yes, this is still going on. Sorry for the lack of activity, I've been moving from my apartment to a house over the holidays. If you have a list of games you're willing to lend out, feel free to post it.

I'll be sending Lost Odyssey back to Syn in a day or two (once he finishes moving as well), how's everyone else doing in the circle?

~HotShotX

Pretty simple list. Basically I will only lend out the recent titles for the more recent wanted title. Some of them will be shipped out in CD cases; instead of sending out the whole LE tin. I prefer someone with high feedback and spent at least a few years at CAG.

My List:

Forza Motorsport 2
Gears of War
Rockband (Lending disc)
Call of Duty 4
Bigger, more recent titles:
Gears of War 2

Wanted titles:
Madden NFL 09
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Assassin's Creed
Bigger, more recent titles:
Call of Duty: WAW

I think there should be a special Rock Band category for those that want Rock Band 1 just for the songs to be put on their Hard Drive.

Some games are no longer mine so here is my updated list.

Battlefield Bad Company: Gold Edition
Big Bumpin
Burnout: Revenge
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4
Crackdown
Dead or Alive 4
Destroy All Humans!: Path of the Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Limited Collector's Edition
Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isle
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. Files
Fable II: Limited Edition
Fallout 3: Limited Edition
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Gears of War: Limited Collector's Edition
Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition
Halo 3: Legendary Edition
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Madden NFL 08
Madden NFL 09: 20th Anniversary Edition
Mass Effect: Limited Collector's Edition
Mercenaries 2
Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Collector's Edition
PocketBike Racer
Prey: Limited Collector's Edition
Quake 4
Scene It!
Sneak King
Soul Calibur IV: Limited Edition
Star Trek: Legacy
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

Syn just got back his copy of Lost Odyssey from me, so I'll update the OP with everything in a bit.

Anyone else have any updates I need to know about? Things have been kind of slow, so perhaps it might be time to loosen the restrictions a bit.

~HotShotX

Update (1/2/09): The CAG 360 GLC has been around for a couple of weeks with no known issues, so I'm going to loosen the restrictions for everyone. Anyone with at least 10+/100% iTrader and at least a year on CAG may borrow, and anyone with at least a year on CAG may lend. Lenders, be sure to PM me any lending that is going on so that I can keep track of it, and we can get an idea of how successful this is. Thanks.

Borrowers, remember to slip in $2-3 when you ship the game back to cover the initial shipping cost of the lender. They shouldn't be paying anything when you're saving $50-60 to play a game.

I've also alphabetized the listing of each lender. You're welcome. :)

~HotShotX

Thats good to know.. though the holidays has left me with a personal little backlog i need to catch up on. Once I get through some of them I'll definitely look into borrowing.

So how is this going? Good, bad kinda in between?

What are some of the problems you guys are running into?

bread's done
Back