CAG 3rd Strike Tourney!! jimfoley16 is the Champ!!!

depascal22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
We've got 16 fighters ready to go at it for the 3rd Strike crown! The tournament will commence tonight. The prizes are KOF '02/'03 (Xbox), $10 cold hard cash, and the two finalist will receive special DOA posters. Thanks to mrchainsaw and Darkside Hazuki for contributing prizes.

The match ups........

Chacrana vs Strider Turbulence Chacrana wins by forfeit

jimfoley16 vs LeRaldo jimfoley16 wins 2-0

Rodimus Donut vs Otherguy 676 Rodimus Donut wins 2-1

Relentless Rolento vs Never4ever Relentless Rolento wins by forfeit

MarkMan vs SmallWind SmallWind wins by forfeit

buttasuperb vs Arikado Arikado wins 2-0

gunm vs Mafia Mafia wins 2-1!

Apossum vs apokalipze2 Apokalipze2 wins 2-1

And the Second Round!!!!!!

Winner's Bracket:

Chacrana vs SmallWind Chacrana wins 2-1

jimfoley16 vs Arikado jimfoley wins 2-1

Rodimus Donut vs Mafia Rodimus Donut wins 2-0

Relentless Rolento vs apokalipze2 Relentless Rolento wins 2-1

Semifinals!:

Chacrana vs Relentless Rolento

jimfoley16 vs Rodimus Donut

Good luck to all the contestants!!! Please remember that BOTH fighters need to report their results to me for the match to count.

We've got a fearsome foursome of fighting thread regulars ready for action. Who will answer the bell? Some lurker? Another fighting thread regular?

Oh and much thanks to Rodimus and anyone else that supports the tourney in their sig.

*looks at above people*

Who allowed them to enter the... tournament? I mean, what's up with that? (CVS2 quote)

So yeah, I'll enter I gess.

Yeah, that's what I expected (SFIII quote)

Crack shoot!! (TERRYBOGA quote)

I neither have the game nor am competenat to play any of you guys in it, but do you all play with arcade sticks? I'm used to playing my 2D fighters with a Dpad, and after downloading the 360 demo of SF2 I swore off ever using the 360 Dpad for any fighter ever again.

Just curious what the tournament players use. :)

I know it already says that I'm in but I wanna pull a Markman.

Urien
SAIII

or

Ryu
SAIII

or

Ken
SAIII

Most likely Urien. Who knows though.

Calling your shots. Very impressive, gentlemen.

I want to stress that this tourney costs nothing to enter. I will take care of all the logistics and I've also thrown in a small prize for the winner.

If I enter, I'll use the DOA stick. Everyone knows the 360 dpad is atrocious (especially for fighting games). I use to swear by pads (especially the Saturn pad) but my execution and overall game has improved using sticks. If you have any more questions about arcade sticks or anything about fighting games in general; please, steer them to the current Fighting Game thread. You can't miss it. We like Roman numerals and OTT conversation.

[quote name='daroga']I neither have the game nor am competenat to play any of you guys in it, but do you all play with arcade sticks? I'm used to playing my 2D fighters with a Dpad, and after downloading the 360 demo of SF2 I swore off ever using the 360 Dpad for any fighter ever again.

Just curious what the tournament players use. :)[/quote]

As far as I know only 1 arcade stick was made and that's the HORI DOA4 one. Which is a pain to find. So unles I find a cheap one in 2 weeks I'll be using the crappy d-pad.

I'll be using either

Necro
SA1

or

Hugo
SA1

Even if you can't play, spread the word. I really want a good turn out for this so we can have a real CAG champion in 3rd Strike and not just a Fighting Thread Champ.

I'm Third Strikes bitch.

Does it run nice on the 360? The few BC games I've tried playing felt like ass.

I regret selling my Capcom and SNK fighter collection I had for the Dreamcast...

I had it all. :cry:

[quote name='buttasuperb']I'm in.

Not sure who I'll be using. Maybe Akuma SA3

Works for me. I'll be using this ;)[/QUOTE]

nice. wish I could afford the 360 converter.

Can I throw my name in? I have a feeling my timezone will automatically disqualify me, though. I don't usually get free time until like 12am PST (9pm Hawaii time), thanks to family responsibilities.

Not that I'd make it out of the first round anyways...the current entrants would be more than enough challenge for most folks, I imagine.

I'll go with Chun Li and try to practice some more tonight...

[quote name='Apossum']nice. wish I could afford the 360 converter.[/QUOTE]

i'll be playing on the regular xbox.

it actually plugs into a modified xbox pad that has a db15 connector in the back of it. i need to find someone willing to do the same mod on a 360 pad, so i can use it there too. especially with the super turbo update on the way. i might just get a custom stick made for 360 though, using sanwa parts instead of happ.

I'd totally be up for it, but my ping from this side of the earth would make my participation fairly pointless. :(

I'll play, although I don't have a stick for my Xbox. Anyone know where I could find a PS2 to Xbox converter for cheap?

Oh, and I'll be using Ken SAIII, Q SAI, or Makoto SAI/II.

[quote name='buttasuperb']i'll be playing on the regular xbox.

it actually plugs into a modified xbox pad that has a db15 connector in the back of it. i need to find someone willing to do the same mod on a 360 pad, so i can use it there too. especially with the super turbo update on the way. i might just get a custom stick made for 360 though, using sanwa parts instead of happ.[/QUOTE]

regular xbox banned for being huge.

I don't use Q, but after watching that video I might start.

BTW I just got a DOA 4 HORI stick. It was $50 but I really needed something else. I've seen these guys get up to $90 on eBay, so it wasn't too bad.

I updated the OP with everyone and their characters. Thanks for bumping the thread while I was gone this weekend guys. Anyone else want to join???

when is this starting? is there a deadline or anything? i wanna play but my 360 is coming by mail and i don't know if it'll be here on time.

The tournament will start around June 23rd. We'll probably do one round a week unless you guys can all get on that Saturday night and hash it all out.

sweet, there's quite a bit of time before we start.. i won't sign up just yet though just in case it doesn't work out for me in time.

[quote name='kristianator']sweet, there's quite a bit of time before we start.. i won't sign up just yet though just in case it doesn't work out for me in time.[/QUOTE]

Kris, do you still use Makoto?

I updated with everyone's choices. Anyone know how we can get this on the front page? It'll get a little more exposure that way. I'd like to get a 32 man tournament set up.

Forgot to say my SA--well, there's really only one decent SA for Chun Li: SAII.

Ooohh, I'm gonna get wiped. At least these matches will be quick, ping times willing.

As for getting on the front page? A quick PM to Cheapy or one of the mods will probably take care of that.

BTW, thanks a lot depascal for offerring up a prize. I think that will go some ways in getting this thread tagged.

I absolutely, positively suck, but I'll toss my hat into it. I'll be like a bi, only with the added nuance of beating my face in :)

XBL = Never4ever

Updated. We have 14 fighters......2 more and we can have a proper tournament. No word from Cheapy about getting this on the front page.

[quote name='depascal22']Updated. We have 14 fighters......2 more and we can have a proper tournament. No word from Cheapy about getting this on the front page.[/QUOTE]

I recommend matches be recorded as well as prizes... that would make it front page.

bread's done
Back