CAG Battlefield 1943 Night (7/21 10 EST)

[quote name='metaly']This way no one can claim the console version isn't the whole PC BF experience. :cool:

Remember this thing?

playnow.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I remember the awful load times, most servers not implementing the vote/kick feature and cheats out the ass. On the other hand I played the crap out of bf1942. I have been playing this one alot but not as much.

Anyone here remember the original coral sea??? I do and hated that map with a passion. My favorite was omaha beach. It was brutal to be attacker but was so satisfing to take flags.

[quote name='enufs8d']i read various bad reviews on the game. in hindsight, i think they were referring to the 360 version. items incited included not being able to connect and really bad lag. so from those of you that have it, can i get the pros and cons? thanks.

my group will probably get it anways. lol.[/QUOTE]

Granted I've only played a few times for a total of four hours or so but I've had no problems whatsoever (besides the fact that I suck) with the PS3 version.

[quote name='enufs8d']i read various bad reviews on the game. in hindsight, i think they were referring to the 360 version. items incited included not being able to connect and really bad lag. so from those of you that have it, can i get the pros and cons? thanks.

my group will probably get it anways. lol.[/QUOTE]

it's mostly lag free. I don't have issues getting into gamesby myself. There are plenty of other issues besides the gameplay. Parties don't always stay together between rounds or even going into the first round. VoIP well don't even try. Other than that I've logged 12h+ into it and am digging it. Though I do miss me my gold rush.

[quote name='finsfan0210']i still can't figure out how to use the parachute i always kill myself by jumping out of the plane[/QUOTE]

x

[quote name='metaly']This way no one can claim the console version isn't the whole PC BF experience. :cool:

Remember this thing?

playnow.jpg
[/QUOTE]

.... dear god the hours spent at that damn serverlist refreshing and finding 200+ 0ping servers or all full servers despite the filter.

anyway, tuesday sucks for me but I could play for maybe 2 or 3 weeks on tuesday before my night job kicks up again.

Oh and screw skype, Ventrilo is far superior. someone here has to have a vent server.

My experience right now is almost like when I first picked up BF2142...totally need to get into the hang of things. The good news is I'm not insta-sploding the plane :D

The bad news (for my team and I, at least) is I can't kill things :lol:

And Tuesday nights are horrible for me...full day o' classes beginning top o' da Wednesday mornin'. I'd have loved to get in tune with the CAG community some more though.

I got BF1943 from my group but I haven't played it yet. It'd be nice to play with the CAG community and see what everybody's like :) I'll have to see about Skype though, never used it myself. And then I'll have to see if my awesome built-in mic will work at all, since I don't own a proper mic. I voted for Friday and Saturday. I don't think I could do weekdays since I -try- to go to bed at 10.

*IS* hosting done from a specific person's connection? I was under the impression the servers would be EA Hosted, and the "Host" is more like the lobby leader.

id bet you get most of the socom guys if you dont do this on a socom night.
i want to play but if im playing any game on sunday or tuesday its socom.

[quote name='bmachine']Have they fixed the VOIP on this yet? Or am I going to have to do the Skype thing?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure VOIP is still broken

In-game chat is still broken...the "someone's-mic-turns-off-and-freezes-your-game" bug is still very present (hung my PS3 the other day).

Listen guys Saturday and Friday got the same amount of votes at Tuesday. So yall need to figure something out b/c Socom night is TUESDAY AT 10PM and has been since the game was released. Im not trying to be a dick but find another time and day

[quote name='smiggity']find another time and day[/QUOTE]
There are more games than days in a week...is it even possible to cater to everyone (assuming there's only one timeslot for each day in the week)?

[quote name='addone']There are more games than days in a week...is it even possible to cater to everyone (assuming there's only one timeslot for each day in the week)?[/QUOTE]

no its not. but to put this on the same night we have socom is silly. socom night is consistently very active and we see 10-15 players both scheduled nights. id guess socom is the most successful cag gaming night, definatey on ps3. theres no need to have bf1943 on the same night. there are enough votes on other nights to go with those as well.

[quote name='paz9x']no its not. but to put this on the same night we have socom is silly. socom night is consistently very active and we see 10-15 players both scheduled nights. id guess socom is the most successful cag gaming night, definatey on ps3. theres no need to have bf1943 on the same night. there are enough votes on other nights to go with those as well.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. No one would schedule another game on Warhawk Night when they were the biggest CAG Night having ~20 people per session. Some people would also like to play both games, and scheduling them at the same time denies that

Hey guys. I'm contemplating about this game very hard...

I've played Battlefield 1942 through Vietnam, and haven't played one since. How is the online for this game since it's multiplayer only.

edit: nvm, I'll try the demo in the meantime. But is the game still fairly populated?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']Hey guys. I'm contemplating about this game very hard...

I've played Battlefield 1942 through Vietnam, and haven't played one since. How is the online for this game since it's multiplayer only.[/QUOTE]

i think its pretty good. the limited maps are the only real issue. its not perfect, but its a solid game and is very fun. i can see having a ton of fun playing with friends.

[quote name='option.iv']Hey guys. I'm contemplating about this game very hard...

I've played Battlefield 1942 through Vietnam, and haven't played one since. How is the online for this game since it's multiplayer only.

edit: nvm, I'll try the demo in the meantime. But is the game still fairly populated?[/QUOTE]

24 vs 24 12v12 on 4 maps, with one of them being planes only. The game has just been released for over a week...so sure enough its still populated.

Plenty of bugs, but nothing overly game crippling (unless you're on the PS3 and get hit by the random microphone-drop-resulting-to-hanging bug)...DICE will probably fix both console releases eventually.

I thought it was 12v12? Well, just got done playing my trial. Pretty fun, though only three classes? I also tried WaW demo and honestly had more fun with 1943.

But I'm still a little undecided.

[quote name='m_d_amore']24 v 24? what u smokin?[/QUOTE]
I be smoking the Multiplication. Thanks for pointing it out.

I guess we should also mention to option.iv that there are no class/level upgrades/unlocks like the previous BF's...but it was probably evident.

anyone wanna give this another shot tonight same time?

edit: i guess not :l

Is there any interest? Weekends are more likely for me. Although once school starts, I have the house to myself alllllllll afternoon until school's out. I know daytime hours aren't going to happen, but that's my main gaming time.

I still need more practice anyway. Funny thing is I kicked ass during the demo and end up getting my ass kicked post-demo.

[quote name='FinsUp99']Is there any interest? Weekends are more likely for me. Although once school starts, I have the house to myself alllllllll afternoon until school's out. I know daytime hours aren't going to happen, but that's my main gaming time.

I still need more practice anyway. Funny thing is I kicked ass during the demo and end up getting my ass kicked post-demo.[/QUOTE]I'm in for it, but usually after 10 or 11pm EST.

Hehe, I'd say the best bet right now is to add each other on PSN and just play whenever; squad invites and what not :)

When we finally choose upon a day, or if everyone who has everyone on their list sees everyone on, the epic private game will be had.

PS: STEVE MCQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

I still really suck at killing people with the planes (although I love getting to flags by jumping out of one) but I'm doing great on the ground and especially in tanks.

[quote name='Hostile']I still really suck at killing people with the planes (although I love getting to flags by jumping out of one) but I'm doing great on the ground and especially in tanks.[/QUOTE]

Im like the opposite I destroy in planes but can't do much as infantry, tanks are crazy for capping and getting kills

I haven't even attempted to play it yet because of the VOIP issues. I'd rather wait for that to get fixed than play it silent and frustrated.

[quote name='bmachine']I haven't even attempted to play it yet because of the VOIP issues. I'd rather wait for that to get fixed than play it silent and frustrated.[/QUOTE]
its EA, when do they ever fix anything?... :(

bread's done
Back