CAG Buzz: Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP) Giveaway and GameQuest Direct Deals

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]538[/img-r]CAG and GameQuest Direct have teamed up to bring you CAG Buzz, which gives you a chance to win a game just by discussing it. Over the next few weeks, we will be giving away a copy a week of Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP).

GameQuest Direct have also provided us with the following specials. Use coupon code CAG1SHIP for free shipping.

:ps2:Godfather: The Game $9.99
:ps2:Def Jam: Fight for NY $12.99
:ps2:King of Fighters 2000-2001 $24.99
Please discuss these deals separately here.

Continue reading to learn how to take part in CAG Buzz![/preview]

The contest
is exclusively offered to the CAG community brought to you by CAG and GameQuest Direct.

How CAG Buzz works:

1. An upcoming new release title will be featured as a CAG BUZZ topic.
  2. CAGs can view screenshots, special features, and possibly industry rumors!
  3. Three to five questions will be posted.
  4. Post your answers in the discussion thread with your gaming insights and be entered to win the game!
  5. One CAG (per game) will be selected every week for the next 3!

Contest Rules: User must answer the questions to be entered for the contest. How the questions are answered does not reflect chances of winning. Follow up comments are encouraged to open additional discussions within the community, but will not increase chances of winning. Keep the BUZZ going so that more users can have the opportunity to participate and win!

Winner Notification: One user will be selected and contacted through private messaging from GameQuest. User will need to reply to GameQuest with full name, shipping address, and contact number within 2 business days or another winner will be drawn.

Support future CAGBUZZ by preordering your games from GameQuestDirect!

Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP)

[img-l=4751]2750[/img-l][img-l=4751]2751[/img-l][img-l=4751]2752[/img-l]

When the goddess descended from the heavens, mortal kind was crushed beneath her glass wings. Countless people lost their lives, and those lucky enough to survive could do nothing but tremble in desperate hopelessness at her great power. A lone enchanter fought the goddess and was able to wound her, but alone could not defeat her. The goddess dispersed her evil servants throughout the land in retaliation and hid herself within the world to recover. It has been nearly a thousand years since those events and mortal kind is still scouring the earth in hopes of finding and defeating the hidden goddess. The Kingdom of Weishelheim supports the best of these “Latroci”, or sanctioned adventurers, with an official status once they prove their valor. And thus, on the day of the examination to become an official adventurer, our hero/heroine’s adventure begins…Sequel to the hit PSP title released in April 2007, Valhalla Knights 2 returns with more features, content and freedom of customization, allowing players to create the ultimate battle party. Additional races, job classes, weapons and monsters enhance the real-time tactical team combat as players follow an original story created by the scenario writer of Final Fantasy XII, Miwa Shoda

Entry Questions:

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?
  2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?
  3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:
let me the first to say that i really enjoyed the first valhalla knights game.

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? im a collector of rpgs so it brings back memories of old rpgs like tactics and ff3(non released until ds) and many others.
  2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? i have always enjoyed when you can switch and pick many different job classes as long as it stays unique. for example how ff tactics you could be a warrior that could heal but you only had a certain amount of skills you could use and each player still had their own stats. not like ff12 where most chars. were just about the same.
  3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? well sadly i used to be a sony fan but not atm on ps3 no good rpgs really other then disgaea 3 and soon eternal sonata. i still play my ps2 hardcore though. so if anything id love to see it on my ever growing ps2 library. if it had to be on a new gen console id say id like it to be on the 360 but please at a reasonable price.
hope this helps out and also note to anyone reading this whether its renting or borrowing or buying....play the first game they are supposed to be linked sequels.
enjoy,
ed

Even tho first one did not get very good reviews, I really enjoyed Valhalla Knights. If you like RPGs, you wont be dissapointed
1)What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? Looks like the creator of this game was inspired by MMO, because this game reminds a little bit of WoW, Monster Hunter or even guild wars, but that is just me :p
2)
What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? Item customization and level building, game is hard :p
3)
Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? Please Xseed move on to the PS3, we desperately need some RPGs

1) The Valhalla Knights remind me of a fusion between Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story.
2) The best features seem to be the customizable characters and items.
3) I would like to see this game on a bigger system, like the PS3 or xbox 360. Action games are more fun when the view is bigger.

1) Valhalla Knights reminds me a bit of Final Fantasy Tactics (as do many games) but it has its own flavor and feel so that's definitely not a bad thing.
2) Definitely customization as well as nice graphics. As others have said, it may not be getting the best reviews but a lot of fun games these days don't, so as long as it's fun and has enough replay value that's fine.
3) I'd personally like to see Valhalla on the Wii as the traditional RPGs and Tactics games are pretty limited. The PS3 would be nice too but more for graphical reasons (and again a lack of RPGs which is surprising considering the PS2 had pretty much ALL the RPGs last gen).

Thanks Cheapy and GameQuest!

1) Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and for some reason Untold Legends. There's another one I'm thinking of but I can't quite put my finger on it.
2) The customization. I can spend hours tweaking characters, leveling up jobs, getting just one more skill, that sort of thing.
3) The Wii. Good lord that system needs some RPGs. But please, no waggling. I can't tell you how many games are ruined by shoe-horned motion controls. Just Say No to waggling.

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? Reminds me of Suikoden since it has up to 6 characters. It also reminds me games like FF Tactics because of different races and jobs.
  2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? Character customization. I hope the skills are unique for each class.
  3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? Maybe on a PS3 or DS.

What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?
--Seems to remind me of Daggerfall, or Magna Karta (which I barely played, though)

W
hat is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?
--Job system. I don't mind grinding that much

Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?
--Any system other than the psp, since the psp hurts my hands to use

Final fantasy tactics/advanced, was one of the first tactical rpg that I played and fell in love with many other tactical rpg series.

Any game with a job system is good in my book, I always love to customize my characters and have the ability to choose what skills they can learn depending on a chosen class.

3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?

I would love to see something like this on any of the 3rd gen consoles, a game on a big
high definition screen with surround sound is always a plesent gaming environment. I would love to see something like this on the Wii, maybe introducing the wiimote movements into a game like this could change the outlook on this genre.

1.What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?
It sort of reminds me of Vagrant Story

It has pretty good character customization.

I think it'd do best on the PS2 and Wii. Or maybe a DS version.

Thanks I was looking for a good deal on Tenchu Z, and free shipping to boot, Thanks! Just bought Tenchu Z, I'm glad I was able to get this thanks.

1.What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?
Honestly, I'm not sure since I'm not a big RPG nut

I may not answer this question the way you or GamerQuest Direct wants to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also.

I'm all for more PSP games as it's a bit of a barren wasteland at the moment.

1. [FONT=&quot]What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It reminds me of Final Fantasy 8 for the Playstation mixed with Final Fantasy III for the DS.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’d have to say the party based system with experience points.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Xbox 360 because I enjoy these types of games, and I enjoy console gaming more than handheld.[/FONT]

Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP)

Entry Answers:

• What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?
FF, LO, and other recent console RPGs with real time battle systems.

• What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?
Tie between the real-time battle system and character customization.

• Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?
Seems like this game might be better suited to 360 or PS3 to help cover some of the general flaws of the series (lack of presentation, weaker story).

1. [FONT=&quot]What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics in the way of the whole job class stuff.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Job system, hands down![/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Xbox 360 would be the better pick on the console :]
[/FONT]

It reminds me a lot of Tactics Ogre and a bit of FFT in the way the RPG aspects work. Tactics Ogre was a strategy, but they both have a very similar character advancement system with a lot of freedom.

2. W

I like the open ended character advancement and the ability to build your own party the way you want it. It's nice to have that option instead of how most RPGs thrust you 4 or 5 people you have to be using at all times.

3.Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?

Any of the big 3 right now would be cool. It would be nice to see it on the PS3 with some kind of interactivity between the PSP versions. I feel like they would need to develop more of a storyline though to move it to a full fledged console release.

It reminds me of a mix between a mmo with the character customization and the Tales of the World games with the mission system.[/font]
  1. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?
The character customization and the job system are by far the best features.
  1. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?
I believe there is already a Wii game in the works, but I'd like to see it on the Xbox 360 with some kind of online options.

Mix of real time rpgs with a lot of customization

Customization of jobs/characters

PS3

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? This reminds me of the older FF RPGs.
2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? I like job systems in general, so that would probably be the best incentive since most newer RPGs have abandoned them.

I would like to see this on the PS3 with updated graphics to help with the RPG library.

1. This game reminds me of those old school PC RPGs like the The Bard's Tale series and the Gold Box series where you created your whole party from scratch and leveled them up through the game.

2. The best feature of the game is definitely the fact that you can have six characters which you can totally customize.

3. I'd like to see this series go onto the PS3 and have some interconnectivity between the PSP and PS3.

Entry Questions:

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?- reminds me of a cross between Monster Hunter, Phantasy Star Online, and Vagrant Story.
  2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?- gotta go with the customization and 6 character parties.
  3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?- I think it'd be particularly great on PS3 or 360.

It always reminded me of a middle ground blend of Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star games

2. W

The addictiveness of the series. I'll be honest saying that I'm in a small crowd of people who fell in love with the game and even enjoyed its shortcomings. I guess leveling up to make the best character never gets old for me. Plus the verity of job classes help.

Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?

I already know that it will be out on Wii which I'm extremely ecstatic for, but I think the series would be very much at home on the PS3 with hopefully an online element.

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of?: after seeing some game play it strongly reminds me of Namco's "Tales of" series of games; Tales of Radiant Mythology in particular since it's entry on the PSP is much like this dungeon that i saw in the video
  2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?: i like it's more mature look over the more cartoony/ anime look of the "Tales of" series
  3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future?: If they clean the look up i would love to see it on the Wii, not much competition and depending on how well other RPG's do on the system this Christmas would be largly welcome since no other system has emerged as the console to be on in this current generation of gaming for games of this nature.

1. Possible a bit like Star Ocean.
2. It's an RPG on the PSP. That's a good enough pitch for me.
3. I wouldn't mind a DS version. t couldn't be as good looking, but the touch screen always adds nice features.

Entry Questions:
What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? Valhalla Knights reminds me of both Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy III and V particularly. The game takes an MH approach to battle with the job system from select Final Fantasy titles.
What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? The ability to change jobs coupled with the real time battle system works very well for this game.
Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? I think that given the recent appearance of RPGs on the 360, the series could find a good home there, especially if they want to reach the online crowd.

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? battles remind me of the tales system
  2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?i enjoy the customization
  3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? coming out on either 360 or ps3 would be nice

1. Valhalla Knights reminds me a lot of Star Ocean or other Tri Ace games.
2. May favorite feature is the 6 party members at once real time combat.
3. I would like to see this series continue on the PSP

1. The visual style reminds me alot of Vagrant Story

2. The depth of customization is very cool and should work as a model for other rpgs

3. I think the PS3 deserves an rpg like this

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? Undoubtedly Vagrant Story, though that may be largely the character design.

2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? The character customization features.

3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? The 360/PS3. RPGs are finally coming into their own this gen, and it'd be great to see just how amazing the art design of this series could look a powerful console.

1) The Valhalla Knights remind me of a mutant love-child, spawned from Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story.
2) The best features seem to be all the customizeable stuff
3) The PS3 needs this, or a variant of it badly

1. The first game that comes to mind is Star Ocean. The encounters and the gameplay are near identical. It also reminds me of the Tales Series even though that game was a bit linear.

2. Although customization of the characters are high on my list, I really like the gameplay. I've always been a fan of action RPG's mixed with strong elements such as customization.

3. PS3. The graphics could really improved upon and the connections between the PSP and PS3 would be great. Adding online co-op or some kind of multi-player functionality would be top notch.

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of: God of War
  2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? - fun gameplay and character progression
  3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? - PSP!

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? None that I'm familiar with come to mind.
  2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? Lots of options with character customization.
  3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? PS3, preferably with online co-op.

I don't know why, but it reminded me of Jeanne D' Arc.

What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series?

Don't know, never played one.

DS maybe? As I've said, never played one.

[preview][img-l=4751]2750[/img-l]CAG and GameQuest Direct have teamed up to bring you CAG Buzz, which gives you a chance to win a game just by discussing it. Over the next few weeks, we will be giving away a copy a week of Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP).

Keep reading to learn how to take part in CAG Buzz![/preview]

The contest
is exclusively offered to the CAG community brought to you by CAG and GameQuest Direct.

How CAG Buzz works:

1. An upcoming new release title will be featured as a CAG BUZZ topic.
  2. CAGs can view screenshots, special features, and possibly industry rumors!
  3. Three to five questions will be posted.
  4. Post your answers in the discussion thread with your gaming insights and be entered to win the game!
  5. One CAG (per game) will be selected every week for the next 3!

Contest Rules: User must answer the questions to be entered for the contest. How the questions are answered does not reflect chances of winning. Follow up comments are encouraged to open additional discussions within the community, but will not increase chances of winning. Keep the BUZZ going so that more users can have the opportunity to participate and win!

Winner Notification: One user will be selected and contacted through private messaging from GameQuest. User will need to reply to GameQuest with full name, shipping address, and contact number within 2 business days or another winner will be drawn.

Support future CAGBUZZ by preordering your games from GameQuestDirect!

Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP)

[img-l=4751]2750[/img-l][img-l=4751]2751[/img-l][img-l=4751]2752[/img-l]

When the goddess descended from the heavens, mortal kind was crushed beneath her glass wings. Countless people lost their lives, and those lucky enough to survive could do nothing but tremble in desperate hopelessness at her great power. A lone enchanter fought the goddess and was able to wound her, but alone could not defeat her. The goddess dispersed her evil servants throughout the land in retaliation and hid herself within the world to recover. It has been nearly a thousand years since those events and mortal kind is still scouring the earth in hopes of finding and defeating the hidden goddess. The Kingdom of Weishelheim supports the best of these “Latroci”, or sanctioned adventurers, with an official status once they prove their valor. And thus, on the day of the examination to become an official adventurer, our hero/heroine’s adventure begins…Sequel to the hit PSP title released in April 2007, Valhalla Knights 2 returns with more features, content and freedom of customization, allowing players to create the ultimate battle party. Additional races, job classes, weapons and monsters enhance the real-time tactical team combat as players follow an original story created by the scenario writer of Final Fantasy XII, Miwa Shoda

Entry Questions:

Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy XII and Phantasy Star Portable. This game is basically like MMO without massive multi player. You got your item synthesis, character customization and quests.

Probably the customization.

Any home console to utilize more of system capabilities.

1. Monster Hunter in a blender with Dynasty Warriors
2. The strategy element.
3. Nintendo DS would be sweet, though you'd have to chop the graphics off at the knees.

Final Fantasy Tactics
Customization
PS3/360/Wii

It mostly reminds me of Monster Hunter.

The control you have over your characters.

Either the 360 or PS3.

1. Final Fantasy series. Leaning more towards Tatics
2. Customization
3. 360 fuck the PS3. Though I bet the game might make it over to the PS3

1. What game or games does the Valhalla Knights franchise remind you of? Mix of Monster Hunter and FF.

2. What is the best feature of the Valhalla Knights series? Customization.

3. Any other platforms that you would like to see Valhalla Knights on in the future? Graphics would be great on the PS3. Maybe even the PC so online teams can be made.

1.Reminds me a bit of final fantasy tactics with the job mixing and the screens remind me a bit of the newer wild arms

2. The mixing of the jobs and classes sounds awesome! Lets you create just what you want but without being overpowered. And just being the type of game it is, RPG, gives me a reason to pick it up for traveling. I personally hate games that are short or hard to pick up and travel with.

3. Anything that is portable, besides phones, phones just look like crap and are to hard to get into the game play with. Keep the games portable since there are hours of gameplay and easy to pick up and put down.

1) Reminds me of most role-playing games, which is a good thing, in my opinion.

2) I like choices and customization, so that would have to be what I say is the the best part.

3) PS3.

-This Game reminds me a lot of the Suikoden Series. Having a vast number of characters and classes to chose from makes it a way more utilizing and fun game. Also the fact you manage class abilities appropriately.

W
-The best future has to be the fact that It's an amazing game following up in the RPG categorization. The Fighting style, that not many other games use is what makes this game unique.

-Sony fan and I will always be a Sony fan. So on PS3 is where I would like to see it. But wouldn't mind any of the new Console, PS3, 360, or Wii.

1. it reminds me of Suikoden where you can play multiple characters (i believe more than 5-6 for Suikoden). A little bit of Vagrant Story and Monster Hunter as well.

2. i always like games with customization for its characters. its a great feature and if done right, you could spend hours trying to customize your character. Tales of the World had sort of the idea but with existing characters just upgrading their costumes. Which is sort of lame since some of them don't even match the character's features. On Valhalla it does it good.

3. As much as I would love to see Valhalla on powerfull current gen systems, i would actually prefer to see it on the Wii. It doesn't have alot of RPG's in its library so far and I think it would be a great addition. If done right, it would interest alot of core gamers and might bring in casual ones in the mix as well.

I think it's a kind of Vagrant Story/Final Fantasy Tactics hybrid.

Definitely the character customization.

I'd love to see a full fledged console release on the PS3 with additional PSP support, like they're doing with Resistance 2.

bread's done
Back