CAG Carcassonne Tournament

Syngamer (XBL: Syngamer) beat jello00 (XBL: Jello01) - 111 to 98. Good match, I needed one piece to finish off a castle and he got three of them before I finally got mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally missed this thread until it was too late to sign up, but I'd be happy to play online for the fun of it. Shoot me an invite anytime, if you want a "practice" match. And if someone wants to let me win by 50 points or whatever it is that I need for the final achievement, hey, even better!

[quote name='Shoagie']I cut myself off and lot out on the 24 farm points from a misplace. Does anyone know what happens if its a tie?[/QUOTE]

If you tie farm placement? You both get points.

[quote name='BackInBlack']If you tie farm placement? You both get points.[/QUOTE]

He means if both players end up with the same score at the end of the game.

(I suspect a rematch.)

~HotShotX

Had a great match with Azumangaman we were tied for most of the last 15 tiles but I end up winning with my farm tiles I had in final scoring.

cdeener (XBL: cuta) vs. Azumangaman (XBL: Azumangaman)

Just finished playing with SoulReaver. The score's not important (let's just say I was very lucky with the tiles I was getting ;) ), but I emerged victorious :) .

[quote name='dopa345']Just finished playing with SoulReaver. The score's not important (let's just say I was very lucky with the tiles I was getting ;) ), but I emerged victorious :) .[/QUOTE]

Let's just say the score wasn't even close ;)

Thanks for posting the game results everyone. Things are a bit hectic at work today, so I will be posting the Round 2 matchups tommorow morning.

[quote name='neonglow']Sorry, my opponent and I weren't able to play together this week.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting me know Neon.

The second round bracket has been posted and I wanted to get some feedback from the players on how to asign the Third Round Bye. I can either asign it at random or we can give it to the player with the highest score in the second round. Thoughts?

/sidenote: Also if anyone plays today please keep track of your game score as well as your city score. The city score will be used in the event of a tie score in regards to the bye, if we collectively agree to use the high score to asign the third round bye.

We could get super crazy and do a random wild card of those that actually played in Round 1 or 2 but did not advance to Round 3.

Otherwise, high score sounds fine! :)

So the player who doesn't advance but yet has the highest score out of the losing players advances to Round 3? Am I getting that right because that sounds like a great idea. Obviously we will be on the honor system but everyone please post your scores as they come in.

HotShotX (XBL: ColHotShotX) vs. maniac (XBL: ZMANIAK)

78 - 66

Good game to maniac, who was foiled away from victory by the very last piece, which I used to capture the largest unfinished city in the game 3 followers to his 2.

~HotShotX

Hey sorry I couldn't play, I just never was on when the guy I was matched up with was on. Then my 360 went out and well, that was that.

cdeener (XBL: cuta) vs. Syngamer (XBL: Syngamer)

I won 111 - 92. VERY good game, cdeener had A LOT of farms and control points early on and had the lead the entire game, by as much as 30+ points at one point in the game. After all the pieces were placed, the score was tied at 70, gotta love close games.

Yeah, you got me because I didn't get enough farm land in your part of the map. I should have saved a few pieces for the monastries that I missed out on.

[quote name='cdeener']Yeah, you got me because I didn't get enough farm land in your part of the map. I should have saved a few pieces for the monastries that I missed out on.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's what happened to me in my game, twice couldn't place claim a monastery. I hate it when that happens but you can't score unless you're aggressive.

Kevlar281 (XBL: CheeseSndwch) 124 vs. dopa345 (XBL: Hoboys) 113

I PMed CAMOTON and Lord_Kefka (no reply yet).

I haven't heard back from CAMOTON (XBL: Chp12) or Lord_Kefka (XBL: Stabby Pete). I hate to DNF someone in the second round but it looks like it's coming to that. The crappy part is we will have an even number of players in the 3rd round so it screws over advancing the player with the highest score out of the losers bracket. I'm open to suggestions.

The third round bracket will be posted on Saturday at 10:00 AM CST.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']
DROPPIN LOADZ 145 SynGamer 89[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Kevlar281']Wow impressive.[/QUOTE]

Damn that's a high score.:bouncy:

[quote name='Kevlar281']Kevlar281 (XBL: CheeseSndwch) 84 vs. HotShotX (XBL: ColHotShotX) 53[/QUOTE]

Good game to Kevlar, who defeated my "Put all your chips into building a 70+ Point Settlement that was ultimately fucked over by a single piece" strategy. :applause:

~HotShotX

Anyone else having this game freeze/crash alot? This has been happening to me more and more. I've even cleared my cache and deleted/downloaded again.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Anyone else having this game freeze/crash alot? This has been happening to me more and more. I've even cleared my cache and deleted/downloaded again.[/QUOTE]
The only time it happens to me is when I am hitting the back button and cycling through the farms rather quickly.

bread's done
Back