CAG Community Award 2008

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for the CAG Community Award.
Which CAG, through his or her actions and contributions, best served the CAG community and exemplified it's ideals in 2008.

Last year's winner:
CAG Community Award: speedy1961

This year, we decided to break up the CAG Hero into two separate awards, the CAG Community Award and the CAG Deal Buster. It didn't seem like it really mattered though as last year's CAG Hero winner, speedy1961, picked up both awards anyway. For those of you living under a rock, speedy1961 provides the CAG community with the heads up on each week's Sunday ads. Speedy had a pretty rough year as Circuit City subpoenaed both CAG and DVD Talk in a (failed) effort to learn his secret identity.

Congratulations (and thanks) to speedy1961, who had this to say in response to his double victory:
"These 2 awards mean the world to me this year especially in light of the fact that the villainous (or perhaps just misguided) CC tried to plant me in a hole in the ground and attempted to silence my voice forever. It really meant alot to me that CheapyD and all of CAG stood by my side during that painful & worrisome time. Thank you one and all for making me believe that my weekly scribblings have value and for showing me that what I do means a lot to my bretheren here at CheapAssGamer.com. Thanks!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta go with jp0213 for giving us the Eb coupons and keeping tabs on trade in values. He puts in a lot of work into the forums.

Speedy! Sundays are my days to scout this site. I especially appreciate the summary when it is featured on the CAG home page.

jp0213 for the GS trade-in value thread.

fidodio for his eternal Fry's update threads.

Speedy, for obvious reasons.

MasterShake for the Amazon DOTD updates and other random Amazon updates.

lwelyk for his work on the EB 10% coupon thread.

[quote name='smarkbran']I gotta go with jp0213 for giving us the Eb coupons and keeping tabs on trade in values. He puts in a lot of work into the forums.[/quote]
Seconded. I'm also a big Speedy fan.

Not to be an asskisser, but can I nominate CheapyD & Wombat? The CAGcast has really helped to relieve my boredom at work.

speedy. everytime i think about it his name pops up again because of his contributions to the site. Marten comes in a close 2nd though from what ive seen of him

Speedy1961
Thorbahn for putting up good questions each week to the CAGBag so I can eke out a few more minutes of joy from the CAGCast.

[quote name='shrike4242']jp0213 for the GS trade-in value thread.

fidodio for his eternal Fry's update threads.

Speedy, for obvious reasons.

MasterShake for the Amazon DOTD updates and other random Amazon updates.

lwelyk for his work on the EB 10% coupon thread.[/quote]

dito
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:hard between speedy and MasterShake:applause::applause::applause::applause:

jp0213 for keeping the GS thread updated. Yeah speedy does a lot too but I had to check the TIV everyday while flipping to GS.

I would say Speedy, but I don't have the vast majority of the stores listed on his weekly ads here, so it doesn't help me that much. I'll go with marten!

Props to speedy (weekly ads), Master Shake (dotds), phear3d and the sears clearance community, jp0213 and the gs coupon/tiv community, and any others that have helped provide/organize deals (even if it was a one time thing).

Looks like I won't vote in this one to take away from others.

*same post in hero forum

Though I rarely benefit from the Blockbuster thread, the flippers on here have to appreciate io's hard work in the blockbuster thread

bread's done
Back