CAG Community Award 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have issue with corporate employees being part of this category as I mention every year whether it be Kmart, Amazon, etc. as they usually do not contribute to any thread except the ones they created. And why I don't think they should be included (but oddly are each year).

I'll throw my hat into the ring for Frisky as I do every year. He busts his ass week in and out keeping the PSN deals thread up to date updating multiple times a week, and contributes to other threads with useful and helpful info. And gets very little vocal thanks for doing that, even though I know many people greatly appreciate the work he does, even if we don't say it all the time.

That is the definition of being part of a community, versus being a corporate shill.

Team Frisky for CAG Community Award 2012. ;)

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Friskytanuki? Everything he posts is straight ripped from ps blog. Want the PSN thread, bookmark the ps blog. Often he's the second man to even post info. No advance info, insider or anything. How about giving him a format award for $5.

[/QUOTE]
Everything from this site is "ripped" from other sites

So I guess ill bookmark every retail store sites
Amazon
Gamefly
etc

He also does game reviews iirc

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Everything from this site is "ripped" from other sites

So I guess ill bookmark every retail store sites
Amazon
Gamefly
etc

He also does game reviews iirc[/QUOTE]

If people always depended on someone else to report the info then you'd have no site. At some point you have to do your own research. That's how deals get posted to begin with by other people doing their own research and posting their finds.

You should be bookmarking retail sites to look for deals rather then waiting for other people to bring it to you all the time.

If enough people were like you who only look for the deals on here but never contribute to posting them then there would be no site.

My post was sarcastic, not sure if you noticed that but I dont even want to start an argument here. Im just saying what that person posted was dumb.

As a new PS3 owner in 2012, I experienced for the first time the awesomeness that can be found every week in Frisky's PlayStation deals thread. Dude knows his stuff and keeps it current. Top notch! :applause:

[quote name='Jack_Frost']My post was sarcastic, not sure if you noticed that but I dont even want to start an argument here. Im just saying what that person posted was dumb.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that part of it was dumb. All that other guy really meant was that he thinks he's overrated since he's only a secondary source, which is fine.

Some people have also pointed out that he's not always impartial or perhaps even rude in threads he didn't work on himself, but that's neither here nor there and shouldn't take away from the overall effort given back. So yes, he is a very good member of the community. Keeping things organized and directly answering questions of other users as often as he does is what deserves the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back