CAG Community Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=10.5pt]The Unlock all achievement’s challenges were the monthly challenges and gave 20 points each since they were harder to achieve. I wanted to do new challenges every week so someone couldn't come in on the last day and complete a monthly challenge and win but so few people submitted anything there wasn’t much point to add new weekly challenges. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I wonder why so few people participated. This thread got over 800 views yet so few posts. Maybe not too many people have Xbox ones? Who knows.[/SIZE]
I don't know why so few people participated when the thread got that many views, but as for myself, this is the first time I've seen the thread. I blame CAG 3.0. Whereas I used to practically live on this site, ever since the switch I tend to just pop in, check the blogs, look in on one or two threads and pop out.

Anyway, kudos on coming up with this idea. Even without the prizes, it's a cool idea. Super generous of you to give out those prizes. I'll be checking back in and hopefully participating, depending on the games and challenges that are going on.

Do you guys want to keep doing this? I was thinking of adding more platforms. Maybe that will get more people to participate.  

Do you guys want to keep doing this? I was thinking of adding more platforms. Maybe that will get more people to participate.
Yeah, that'd be great. If you decide to get more games like ACIV that are multiplatform, you could do one challenge for both the PS4 and X1 and since they both have built in recording, it'll be easy for PS4 users to also add in their clips.

Wish I would of posted my stuff up before traveling for the holidays. I've also already played or own just about every game on the X1 already though, so glad others got in.

Very generous to give out that much with such little participation. I'm sure it'll build steam once more people get consoles around here.

One thing that might help with the participation is having the thread moved to the Contests/Free Stuff area.  I kept intending to participate but since I had only rented DR3 and Froza 5 I wasn't going to be much of a factor with the exception of BF4 which wouldn't have really been much of a score at all.

I'll pm a mod and get this thread moved to the contest/free stuff area. Also I'll be adding challenges for PS4, PS vita, and PC games.  Let me know what games people are playing so I dont make challenges for games most people aren't playing/dont have. 

Interesting, I'll keep an eye out for this thread. Glad to see you're adding more platforms, No Xbox One here, but I'm all for the PS4 and PC challenges 

For the ACIV challenge to beat a fort without taking damage - does that refer to the naval portion (destroying all the defenses), the infiltration portion (killing the captains/commander), or both?  I can't remember exactly how long a clip the XB1 DVR can record off the top of my head, but have slight concern it won't be able to get both portions together in a single clip.

For the ACIV challenge to beat a fort without taking damage - does that refer to the naval portion (destroying all the defenses), the infiltration portion (killing the captains/commander), or both? I can't remember exactly how long a clip the XB1 DVR can record off the top of my head, but have slight concern it won't be able to get both portions together in a single clip.
Just the Naval portion.

This is a really cool idea, thanks for giving away so much stuff! Would you consider Wii U challenges as well? I can't imagine that I'm the only person on here without a next-gen console... or a PC that can run modern games, lol

This is a really cool idea, thanks for giving away so much stuff! Would you consider Wii U challenges as well? I can't imagine that I'm the only person on here without a next-gen console... or a PC that can run modern games, lol
Sure. I dont own a Wii U so someone else would need to submit some challenges for Wii U games.

Best I can get in KI right now seems to be 53%…nice job with that 67!

Just went after my first legendary ship in ACIV and sent it to Davey Jones' locker. Will see about working on some other challenges this weekend!
Use more heavy attacks instead of mediums. Heavy attacks are slow so they are easy to combo break but you can use that to your advantage to bait a combo breaker then use a counter breaker. Once you have your opponent locked out always use heavy attacks/specials when possible to maximize damage.

A week from today, January 18, will be the end date for all the current challenges. New challenges will be posted on the 20th.

Went after the ACIV fort takedown this weekend.  Unfortunately, I've already taken out all the easy forts in my current playthrough, so I went after the one medium fort left.  After many attempts I was pretty sure I had it, but before I could finish it off a tiny gunship ended up sailing over whilst my attention was directed elsewhere and pinged me for 1 HP of damage.  D'oh.  Now I've got nothing but hard forts left on my map, so I don't think this one's happening on my end.

I decided to cleanse my frustrated pallet with some DR3, and got 64 kills in my first shot at the barehanded challenge.  I'll have a better score to post later this week...

For next week's challenges I'm going to make all the games multiplatform games. Let me what multiplaform games you guys would like to see have a challenge. So far Im thinking about Sonic All Star Racing transforming, Need for Speed Rivals, Madden 25,  Pinball Arcade/Zen Pinball, Spelunky, Hotline Miami, and Shatter. 

Here's my last day DR3 Fists First update - 99 kills.

I am all about the Pinball Arcade/Zen Pinball (PFX2 on Xbox).  Although I should point out that due to contract issues there haven't been any new tables released for Pinball Arcade on Xbox in over a year (which is killing me; I really want Attack from Mars and Twilight Zone). Also, now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure anyone who doesn't already have it on xbox can currently purchase it, I think I remember hearing it got delisted and might not be back up yet?

To the best of my recollection Zen/FX2 has pretty comprehensive table parity across platforms aside from a few Xbox exclusive tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back