CAG E3 Meetup: Thursday, May 11th, 3:30 PM - Kentia Hall Sports Bar

[quote name='KingDox']I just got invited to e3 what is the best day to go ?[/QUOTE]

The first day. Most companies run out of swag by the 2nd & 3rd day.

I'm gonna pick up a 360 Memory Card just in case MS does give out some cool stuff. I'll also have my PSP.

Oh, and just to make sure we are all on the same page, I am not a 250+ black man who tackles people for stealing office supplies. I simply want to be one. :D

I'd say thursday. I'm sure most people would agree with me especially since they are doing a media only for the first 2 hours on wed. And on friday they end early @ 4 pm. So thursday would probaby be the best choice. As for schwag...... I can't really say. every year I want less and less of it because I always end up just throwing it away. I remember my first E3 I collected so much random crap. I've never had much luck with raffles or winning any of the real free stuff at E3s though.

[quote name='Zoglog']I know plenty of people who make fake websites, review a few games, get in to E3. It's awfuly easy to get Media. They are limited retail this year so hopefully it will be less crowded.[/QUOTE]yeah my clientele and I couldnt get in this year w/ fake applications.

it looks like fake websites is the way to go now.

jekki-is-your-number-1-dawg.com

look out for it!! 2006!

Updated 4/17. Looks like more PSPs that DS's will be there...

Alright guys, what PSP game should we have a tourney at? My vote would be a game in the Capcom Arcade Classics Remimed Collection. It's old school and I can shoot a game over to the other players.

1941, or Final Fight Cag'ers?

if anyone has jump superstars that'd be pretty fun to play against each other, or GTA LCS for PSP. I'm willin to link up with ppl on those :D

[quote name='rallen']Updated 4/17. Looks like more PSPs that DS's will be there...

Alright guys, what PSP game should we have a tourney at? My vote would be a game in the Capcom Arcade Classics Remimed Collection. It's old school and I can shoot a game over to the other players.

1941, or Final Fight Cag'ers?[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
DarkStalkers Chronicles
Worms: Open Warfare

Hmmmm... What else is there that is co-op.

[quote name='daphatty']Made this a sticky since the show is just over two weeks away. Have we chosen a meeting place and time yet?[/QUOTE]

2 weeks, wow so close o_O and I havent even submitted my PTO forms. I wonder if I can somehow make it a business trip ;)?

I've had this on my calendar since they confirmed the show dates. Not only is this a chance for me to geek out on games, but I get to see all of my good friends and past aquaintences from the good old game tester days. I love E3!

Anyone got an extra ticket? I got rejected last minute for some BS. I think they F'd up on their side. It said that the documentation I provided did not include the company name, but it did. I'm still going to try to go, I'll find a way but if anyone has an extra ticket, hook me up :)

Or if anyone's attending one day only. Can I borrow your badge for the next day(s)?

I'm still waiting on my ticket. My "inside guy" usually sends out my Pre-Approved friend pass two months before the show. I'm a little worried at the moment.l

[quote name='daphatty']Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
DarkStalkers Chronicles
Worms: Open Warfare

Hmmmm... What else is there that is co-op.[/QUOTE]

Did you mean competitive? I always think of co-op as two people working in 'coop'eration of each other. None of that hippie nonsense here. Strictly mano-a-mano, heads-up stuff here....

lol damn you lucky bastards! wish i could go to e3, lol nice pic, who is everyone in that pic? its obvious who cheapy is, but who is everyone else, someone with the right info should caption it

california is too far! move it to NY!!!

Something tells me if the Cheapmeister can't make it, it's being rescheduled. Regardless, I won't find out my E3 schedule until after the pre-production meeting next Thursday night. I'll do my best to attend, whenever it is. It may be a drive-by greeting, though.

Well I'm goin again. ^_^
all three days.

although...i'm without a room so far...I really need to get on that.
But in an odd-ball freak of nature series of events, there's a close shave on whether or not i'm going completely solo this year...
and THAT, my friends, is a scary lonely thought...

o_O

So, everyone of you is in the gaming industry? Isn't that required if you want to attend? I've always wanted to go but I'm not a member of the industry. Is there anyway I can get in?

I think they did this last year but, can we pick up our passes/badges on Sunday? I would go on Mon. but I have a class at 7:20am and I really don't want to wait in line to pick up on Tues. Especially since I didn't my stuff in the mail and need to bring my email why I don't have it.

I'll need a head count and general TShirt sizes. My company will be there for the show this year, we don't have a booth, but we do want to hand out some swag.

[quote name='BigDirty']I'll need a head count and general TShirt sizes. My company will be there for the show this year, we don't have a booth, but we do want to hand out some swag.[/QUOTE]

No Dildos >

[quote name='BigDirty']I'll need a head count and general TShirt sizes. My company will be there for the show this year, we don't have a booth, but we do want to hand out some swag.[/QUOTE]

XL sir!

And it is confirmed, I will be there. UPS attempted to deliver my E3 tickets (and a really cool white PSP hat) earlier today. I will be picking up my package in the next couple of hours.

I usually get into the Sony party but I rarely know for sure until the night of. I've been to every Sony party every year I've attended E3. (Granted, I worked for Sony for the first two I attended.)

Looks like 3:30pm on Thursday is the new meetup time...
I am not going to any sweet parties, if by definition that means Sony or Nintendo.
Oh, and BD I am an XL (something I can't get in Japan).
I am hoping to pick up alot of t-shirts this year (for necessity!)

Sounds good cheapy. Oh yeah, one of my friends might be with me during that time. He's a CAG member but doesn't post often or at all. Is it cool if he comes along and joins in the meetup?

[quote name='rallen']http://www.e3expo.com/_assets/pdfs/kentia_floor.pdf

Ok, the tentative time and location are as follows:

Thursday, May 11th, 1:00 PM at the Kentia Hall Sports Bar (same as last year).

See you there!

caggroupa.jpg

Last year, a few of us met up with CheapyD, and talked Cheap-Ass E3 swag... Are we doing it again this year?

Add your name and day(s) attending E3 to the thread if you're going to E3 and available to meet your fellow CAG'ers. Include what portable system you own; either PSP or DS. We'll have a small tourney; prizes on me.

CAg'ers Attending E3:

rallen aka DeserteagleXIX (all days) PSP
Markman (all Days)
Zoglog (TH)
rocksolidaudio (all days?) DS, PSP
daphatty (all days) PSP
Kixalot (all days) PSP
AmusedToe (all days)
j.m.ratkos (all days) DS,PSP
nnthomas (all days)
CheapyD (all days) DS, PSP
ViolentLee(unconfirmed)
Psykodelik (All days) PSP[/quote]

i don't think i'm cool enough 2 come.

dammit, you guys booked it right in the middle of my red octane appointment, and right before my bioware appointment. i like you guys, but c'mon, Guitar Hero 2 and Mass Effect...

oh, and is the sony party worth going to daphatty? i have an invite but i know i'll be exhausted.

[quote name='sfriedlander']i don't think i'm cool enough 2 come.[/QUOTE]

rofl...

[quote name='tauruskatt']Well I'm goin again. ^_^
all three days.

although...i'm without a room so far...I really need to get on that.
But in an odd-ball freak of nature series of events, there's a close shave on whether or not i'm going completely solo this year...
and THAT, my friends, is a scary lonely thought...

o_O[/quote]

lol why worry youve got CAG to keep you company

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']dammit, you guys booked it right in the middle of my red octane appointment, and right before my bioware appointment. i like you guys, but c'mon, Guitar Hero 2 and Mass Effect...

oh, and is the sony party worth going to daphatty? i have an invite but i know i'll be exhausted.[/QUOTE]
The Sony party is ALWAYS worth going to (unless you have something absolutely pressing at 8:00AM Friday morning). Unfortunately, it's not on my list of places to be Thursday night. The other outrageous parties tend to be the video card chip manufacturer's parties (ATI and NVidia), but since they fall on Wednesday, I'm SOL since my company is co-hosting one that night.

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks like 3:30pm on Thursday is the new meetup time...
I am not going to any sweet parties, if by definition that means Sony or Nintendo.
Oh, and BD I am an XL (something I can't get in Japan).
I am hoping to pick up alot of t-shirts this year (for necessity!)[/QUOTE]

Nintendo's party has traditionally been kind of lame. Very low-key, not too many people and most are suits -- although one year Reel Big Fish played, which rocked.

I really have to get my shedule together and see what extracurricular activities I have going on. This is the first time in a few years I'll have my evenings free. However, it's also the first time every that I don't have a hotel room near the convention center, making travel difficult (I live about 10 miles away and will be commuting). I can only imagine I'll be going to both Microsoft's and Sony's parties.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']oh, and is the sony party worth going to daphatty? i have an invite but i know i'll be exhausted.[/QUOTE]

Let's see, free food, booze, and entertainment... Is it worth it? I certainly think so. I called first dibs on your ticket if you don't go! :D

No seriously, DIBS!

What's the best method of getting afterparty invites? Anyone?

I'll be there all 3 days as well & I should be free to meet up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So I take it no one has an extra ticket to hook me up? :D[/QUOTE]

For what, copying and pasting from teamxbox?

It's not like a sporting event AFAIK, members of the public can't get in. I'm not even sure if they have a "guest" option.

[quote name='Scorch']For what, copying and pasting from teamxbox?

It's not like a sporting event AFAIK, members of the public can't get in. I'm not even sure if they have a "guest" option.[/quote]

They do offer Guest passes. I've been going for the past 10 years, some years as a guest. This year, E3 F'd up my submission. I did submit the application last minute so I cant entirely blame them. I was just asking if anyone has one to offer or if they are only going one day, and would consider hooking me up with a guest pass or their badge to use for the next day(s)

bread's done
Back