CAG Exclusive Deals from GameStop - 2/18/05: B1G1 Free: PC and Used games

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Cheap ass link (Gamestop's Home Page)

Purchase any in-stock Preowned game valued at $29.99 or more & receive any in-stock preowned game valued at $29.99 or less absolutely free! Only one free item per order. Free item cannot be a bundle. Offer expires Monday, Feb 21st.
Coupon Code: 2FOR1USED
Gonna be hard to compete with EB's Prez Day sale

Purchase any in-stock PC game valued at $9.99 or more & receive any in-stock PC game valued at $9.99 or less absolutely free! Only one free item per order. Free item cannot be a bundle. Offer expires Monday, February 21st.
Coupon Code: 2FOR1PC
There are 80 PC games currently in-stock at $9.99 and under...

Thanks for the support, Gamestop!
Cheap ass link (Gamestop's Home Page)

Wow! Thanks, Gamestop!

Scorch recommends:

GTA Classics Collection
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Mafia (EXCELLENT GAME)
NOLF2: Contract Jack (even though it's not NOLF2)
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
State of Emergency

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646018
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646032
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=643890
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=645410
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=644560
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=645148

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Wow, I wonder if these would be at B&M as well? I am guessing not.[/quote]
Good guess.

[quote name='Scorch']
GTA Classics Collection
[/quote]

GTA 1 & 2 are free on Rockstar's Site, so all you'd be getting is GTA London (which isn't that great IMO).

Sweet! Picked up Temple of Elemental Evil and The Longest Journey. I'd been wanting to snag both of these and this was the perfect opportunity.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Isn't this deal actually b1g1 free?

since it's 2 for the price of 1 and all.[/quote]

Yes, yes it is.
Thanks. OP edited.

Everyone needs to buy the Longest Journey! I bought it the day it came out, and it was worth every penny. It's just as good as the classic Sierra and Lucas Arts games of the past, and is the last great adventure game. If I didn't already own both games, i'd get the Longest Journey and Temple of Elemental Evil just like the guy above. Make sure you patch Temple before you play it though. I also hear Mafia is good too.

[quote name='KillingMachine']Sweet! Picked up Temple of Elemental Evil and The Longest Journey. I'd been wanting to snag both of these and this was the perfect opportunity.[/quote]

Coincidentally, before I even saw this post, I saw both of them on the list and IMMEDIATELY wanted them. My order's through, thanks Cheapy!

Can a person do multiple orders with the same coupon?

Also, for some reason, it keeps telling me that the 2FOR1PC code is invalid. Any help would be appreciated.

This is probably a dumb question, but would these deals apply in store as well? Would save on shipping and I'd be able to make sure it had a case/manual before I got it.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

Tales of Symphonia - Preowned GC $39.99
Alien Hominid - Preowned GC $24.99
Sub-Total $64.98
Discount: ($24.99)
$0.00 Tax
$1.99 Shipping and Handling
Total $41.98

Yay cheapy! :applause:

Am I the only one here who hated The Longest Journey? I borrowed it a few years back and played it for a few hours. It was horribly cheesy and boring. The Lucasarts games never took themselves seriously and the whole "spunky reporter/art student/hipster" angle was groan inducing. And if I can remember correctly you couldn't skip dialogue, and there was A LOT of talking in it.

Sadly I'm still thinking of trying it again with the great reviews it's gotten and all (I might buy URU with some other free game like it). Is there anyone else who also hated The Longest Journey who can convince me not to make the same mistake twice?

I posted overnight that I had trouble with the 2FOR1PC code. I was able to make one order, but that's it. Checking the info, I should have been able to do separate orders.

Oh, where is CheapyD when you need him. :)

To anyone that's having trouble with the link. MUST use Cheapy's link. Do not go to site randomly. At least that's how I got the code to finally work for me.

Thanks for the deal! I just ordered up Temple of Elemental Evil (been meaning to get it) and got Sim City 3000 Unlimted "free". Normally I don't buy EA games, but I guess if I didn't really have to pay for it I won't worry about it. :)

The PC deal has been a hastle. First, I couldn't get it to work at all. Now that it's finally taking the code as valid, it says my cart doesn't have the appropriate items to use it. I want Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast ($9.99) and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy ($19.99). I see nothing wrong with my selection.

Help?

Edit: Figures. I just solved my problem. You need to have the more expensive game listed first in your cart.
GameStop needs to work a bit on their coupon codes.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I'm suprised no one's gotten Call of Duty ($14.99) with this deal. Does everyone already have it?[/quote]
Yep.I got it when it was $10 at ebgames.com .

[quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='PenguinMaster']I'm suprised no one's gotten Call of Duty ($14.99) with this deal. Does everyone already have it?[/quote]
Yep.I got it when it was $10 at ebgames.com .[/quote]

Me too, but I didn't think everyone had.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Am I the only one here who hated The Longest Journey? I borrowed it a few years back and played it for a few hours. It was horribly cheesy and boring. The Lucasarts games never took themselves seriously and the whole "spunky reporter/art student/hipster" angle was groan inducing. And if I can remember correctly you couldn't skip dialogue, and there was A LOT of talking in it.

Sadly I'm still thinking of trying it again with the great reviews it's gotten and all (I might buy URU with some other free game like it). Is there anyone else who also hated The Longest Journey who can convince me not to make the same mistake twice?[/quote]

This game has some very long dialogs...goes on and on. But if you can bear with that, it really is an awesome game. As for the humor, TLJ does have its share, but it ain't LucasArts humor. An adventure game doesn't have to 'not take itself seriously' to be good, ya? Like all good adventure games, it gets better and better. Epic storyline, no doubt. Please give it another go, or else you're missing out.

am i blind or is there no link to get resident evil 4 used (i know its new but street v3 has a link to get it preowned...)

ps can gamestop credit that i got from trading in games at my local gamestop be used for online credit??

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Ninja Gaiden - Preowned 1 $34.99
Fable - Preowned 1 $0.00

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Burnout 3: Takedown - Preowned 1 $34.99
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Preowned 1 $0.00

Looks good, too bad burnout 3 and ninja gaiden were priced too high to freebie each other. I could have gotten a more expensive than panzer dragoon orta, but fable was perfect ($29.99).
I just got an xbox, hmm, with these, crimson skies, halo 2, jet set radio future, and sega gt 2002 I think I've pretty much tied up everything I need to have of older xbox games, now just waiting for timesplitters 3, unreal championship 2, and conker.

Ooh! I missed that I could have gotten four swords and crystal chronicles...eh, but then I'd have to buy a gameboy advance and link cable on top of that, perhaps some other time.(but when will they be so cheap again?)

bread's done
Back