CAG Fantasy Football League!

I made a fantasy football league for anyone that's interested, really. PM me if you'd like to join. Oh yeah, and it's yahoo!

You can just register a new yahoo messenger account or something I believe. Everybody sign up, and when the season starts I'll re-bump the thread.

Everybody!

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f2/register/tos?done=joinleague

Follow that link, accept terms and conditions (Everything is free) and then select "Join a Custom League" (it's the first option). The League ID is 112099, and the password is nfcafc. If you aren't going to be dedicated to this (I'll remind you guys to check every week!), then don't bother, however it's going to be a great league, it has a great system, and should fill up!

If we all join, we can have a draft Wednesday. If you don't have a yahoo account, register one on their website, it's free!

How the point system works...

TDs on Offense - 6

Passing Yards - 1 point every 50 yards (this is how most leagues do it), and 2 points at 300 yards, then it stops.

Rushing Yards - 1 point every 30 yards, 2 points at 150 yards.

Receiving - 1 point every 30, 2 at 150

Return Yards - 1 point every 30 yards, 2 at 150

2 Point Conversions - 2 Points

Fumbles - -1 Points

Fumbles Lost - -2 Points

This was automatically set up, don't fret! It all balances out. I'm a VET, lol.
Field Goals (0-19) - 2 Points
(20-29) - 3 Points
(30-39) - 3 Points
(40-49) - 4 Points
(50+) - 5 Points
PAT - 1 point

Defense...

Each team drafts 6 defensive players rather than a defensive team, meaning true defensive playmakers are valuable. However, tackles, tackle assists, and deflections give your team no points, so a 150 tackler is worth nothing if he doesn't get sacks. Each team picks 2 D-Linemen, 2 DB's, and 2 other defenders. For example, Peppers, Strahan, Polamalu, Sharper, Merriman, Winfield.

Sack - 1 Point
INT - 1 Point
FF - 1 Point
FR- 1 Point
TD - 6 Points
Safety - 2 Points
Blocked Kick - 1 Point

Now this system is very balanced, realistic, and has worked in the past. I know some of you might find things like Blocked Kicks not worthy of points, but momentum is huge in the game and this must be accounted for. Defenders usually don't get any looks in Fantasy Football, but now they matter.

[quote name='MaestroRyan']
I believe I have an 18 team limit and 6 make the playoffs, meaning you all need to join now, because I'm about to make the password public on the ESPN forums.[/quote]

NVM then...thought that this was just a CAG league, but it's not. Will hold out for the "official" CAG FFL should one exist.

[quote name='Kyz']NVM then...thought that this was just a CAG league, but it's not. Will hold out for the "official" CAG FFL should one exist.[/quote]

FINE! CAG ONLY

is that cool? :D

I'm trying to sign up but it says that there's a server error and/or the password is wrong. I typed everything in and keep getting this message.

Soliddragon got in, guys...

EDIT: Log into Yahoo, THEN click the link, make sure your cookies are working. Then it should work out okay.

edit again: everyone follow these steps.

1. Register a Yahoo Account.

2. Go to fantasysports.yahoo.com

3. Click "Sign Up Now" in the ad for Yahoo Fantasy Football, it's in the middle of the page.

4. On the right of the next page, you will see Football '06. This section is under Football PLUS '06. Select "Join a League". Make sure it's the blue link and not the yellow button!

5. On the next page select the blue "Join Custom" button on the left side.

6. Enter League ID 112099 and password "nfcafc".

Did anyone else get the following...

There was a problem
There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
The password is incorrect. (Error #109)
The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)

[quote name='PanzerNinja']Did anyone else get the following...

There was a problem
There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
The password is incorrect. (Error #109)
The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just got the same thing.

I'm in, but is it auto draft or real draft where we get in a chatroom and discuss drafts?

EDIT: I also got the error

The draft time might be moved back until all people can join. 5 people are currently in the league, 13 spots left. Follow all the directions carefully to get in.

edit: It is a real, live draft where we can discuss all picks. If you cannot attend the draft when the date is set in stone, you can create a priority list in which you select all players of interest and the computer will select the ones highest on your list that are available to be on your team.

Guess draft will be pushed back, since only 6 CAGs have joined. I really want it to be CAG only (or personal friends of CAGs), but I don't know if I can wait. Sigh. I'll be gone for a week, hopefully more will join then.

bread's done
Back