CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

Guardian, you could probably get em' in a night. I pretty much went from 8th to 6th Lord in one (albeit kinda long) session. The sheer amount of dudes who use nothing but Rapid Slash with Vergil is pretty amazing, and makes for quick leveling.

Looking forward to getting some rounds in, Tom. Been too long.

9 o'clock, right? I have to decide whether or not I should buy Ammy's Talbain getup before then.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Guardian, you could probably get em' in a night. I pretty much went from 8th to 6th Lord in one (albeit kinda long) session. The sheer amount of dudes who use nothing but Rapid Slash with Vergil is pretty amazing, and makes for quick leveling.

Looking forward to getting some rounds in, Tom. Been too long.

9 o'clock, right? I have to decide whether or not I should buy Ammy's Talbain getup before then.[/QUOTE]

True, I just never really feel like playing Ranked. I feel pressured when something's on the line, even though it's just meaningless points. Basically, all the points I have now are from one drawn out session as well (since my online record was deleted before). I really just want to get it done and not touch Ranked again!

9:00pm EST. We'll be playing earlier, too. I usually have my 360 on beforehand and am down for some games. Tom mentioned he might get on a little earlier too. I think I'm just going to buy the complete costume pack whenever that releases.

That was a blast, dudes. Glad to be back. Spent so much time in ranked and playing my same two buddies that I could see all of the bad habits I've picked up. Lookin' forward to more games to work out my shit.

GGs last night guys. I think the round robin format is much more conducive to leveling up & picking up on mistakes. Plus EVERYBODY gets matches in. I'd like to continue it, maybe with a little better organization next time. Anyways, here are the results off the top of my head (if they're wrong I'll correct them later):

1. bs000 5-0
2. Guardian 4-1
3. Kensei 3-2
4. Kazimer 2-3
5. MtlTom 1-4
6. Gouki 0-5

[quote name='IanKazimer']That was a blast, dudes. Glad to be back. Spent so much time in ranked and playing my same two buddies that I could see all of the bad habits I've picked up. Lookin' forward to more games to work out my shit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. If you ever see any of us online and want to get some games in, just send a quick message/invite/party request. I'm interested in figuring out some new Chris tech, as well, so it's good practice.

If you're ever interested in doing some RE5 co-op, let me know. I've played it to death, and while I don't think it holds a candle to RE4, I still like it a lot. If you don't have some achievements, we can knock those out too.

Joe, just wait until they tell you their stance on SoulCalibur V at release. My eyes are getting watery just typing about it.

I like the new format also. Everybody gets a lot of games in. It would be better with a game where I can win a round...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo, I'm digging SCV. I've been out of 3D fighters for way too long, so I'm complete shit, but I can feel it coming back. The soul still burns!

Hooray! I decided to play some Ranked yesterday in UMvC3 and finally got my 6th Rank achievement. I still have the 100 wins achievement left, but I'll save that for another day.

I think the round robin format was a nice change of pace. I'd be interested in applying it to other games as well, though I still like lobbies. I guess we can always switch it up depending on how everyone's feeling.

I'm getting Soul Calibur V the very first sale I see on the CE. The more videos I see, the more I want it. I usually get all fighters at/near launch, but I've been spending a lot lately... and I'll probably save money waiting a week or two while BlazBlue arrives at my doorstep.

Oh, and Kensei thought I should post this. It reminded me of Joe. :p Thanks to Tom for the clip skip:
http://youtu.be/YIkDwDOdDBo?t=13m27s

I'm glad everyone liked the format. To make things a little easier this week I'm going to run the brackets through Challonge. That way matches will be assigned automatically, it'll handle byes, and you can follow along while the matches go on.

Good games to everyone yesterday! asianxcore, I am so free to Nova overhead, hahah. It looks so slow that I kept thinking that I'll just counterhit it, but I would hesitate a moment and get punched in the face instead.

Sorry that you couldn't make it, Kazimer. Hope the project went well. Shinobi was missing too.

The brackets are fun. If we do it more in the future, maybe Tom can post up the Challonge link before we start so everyone knows who they're paired up with? That way I won't bug you during your match. :p

So BlazBlue next week, hopefully. We'll see if Amazon allows us some release date shipping. I won't know how to do anything in the game. Yay!

[quote name='Kevfactor']ive made a few casual street fighter music videos (been doing stuff like this over the last 3 months pretty fun!) :)

this one probably some of my best gameplay. i admit im not vary good but not exactly clueless either. think my best chr atm is deejay as i'm a big footsie player hehe

[/quote]

Nice video! I didn't get a chance to watch it all, but it looked pretty well done.

GGs to everyone last night. I had a good time & there were some really good matches in there. I'll mess around a little more with Challonge tonight & see what I can do with it. Part of the problem last night was I didn't want to create brackets until everyone showed up. I will always make the link consistent though, like this:

challonge.com/
cagf(month)_(day)_(year)

So next week would be 2_15_12

I'll post up when I've had a chance to play with it more.

[quote name='joe2187']Anyone up for an quick SSFAE bracket next week?[/QUOTE]
If everyone isn't able to get BBCSE, I'd gladly do SSF4AE. Otherwise I'm playing BB.

[quote name='GuardianE']Good games to everyone yesterday! asianxcore, I am so free to Nova overhead, hahah. It looks so slow that I kept thinking that I'll just counterhit it, but I would hesitate a moment and get punched in the face instead. [/QUOTE]

The scary thing is that it's only -5 on block.

If you guess I'm fully committing to cr.M xx Overhead, you can throw me in-between the cr.M and the Overhead.

I have a setup that punishes pushblocking the cr.M and allows Nova to get the Overhead out to punish the pushblock. Can't do it online though :)

Also cr.M can be canceled into cr.H if it's blocked which ends up only being -3.

[quote name='joe2187']Anyone up for an quick SSFAE bracket next week?[/QUOTE]

I'm up for that.

[quote name='asianxcore']The scary thing is that it's only -5 on block.

If you guess I'm fully committing to cr.M xx Overhead, you can throw me in-between the cr.M and the Overhead.

I have a setup that punishes pushblocking the cr.M and allows Nova to get the Overhead out to punish the pushblock. Can't do it online though :)

Also cr.M can be canceled into cr.H if it's blocked which ends up only being -3.[/QUOTE]

I think that in reality pushblocking Nova's c.M is just a bad idea. The increased blockstun just creates problems for a cornered character. It's good to know that I can try to get a throw in there if I can anticipate it. I wish I could get a little more off of a ground throw with my characters, but maybe that's being a little too greedy. :p

Finally got the Master of Tasks achievement. It was a real problem this time around. TrueAchievements says it has a higher ratio than Master Ninja in NG2 even, which is surprising. 480 Missions means that you have to complete every single mission save for 20 if you have Jill and Shuma. Some of them are a real bitch. Glad that's out of the way. Now I just need 100 Ranked Wins and I'll have the game completed.

I'd be okay with SSFIVAE. I actually really hope that we get BlazBlue in, though. I've been looking forward to it.

First, I updated the CAG Fighter Directory to include BBCS:E. SFxT, Skullgirls, & SCV are all on there as well if you want to update your info.

I think if we end up doing AE it should be 2/3 instead of 3/5 in the interest of time. The matches take a little longer than UMVC3. I think we'll have to kind of play it by ear.

How many people would the cutoff be for BlazBlue? I have Prime so I should get my copy Tuesday. I don't want to leave anyone out but I really want to play BB as well. Also, since it's the first week of the game do we want to run a lobby or round-robin?

[quote name='BackInBlack']I ordered my LE copy when it was 39.99 and estimated arrival is friday even with prime -_-[/QUOTE]
Just checked my order for the regular edition & it's the same thing :cry:. Sometimes they ship earlier than the estimated date so we'll see....

[quote name='GuardianE']Finally got the Master of Tasks achievement.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations, man! I'm stuck around 89% and I don't see me getting closer anytime soon. SoulCal's got my attention pretty hard right now, and no other games exist when Mass Effect drops in March. Gonna be a work in progress for a while.

[quote name='MtlTom']Just checked my order for the regular edition & it's the same thing. Sometimes they ship earlier than the estimated date so we'll see....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that anyone who's ordering from Amazon likely won't get their copy on release, even with Prime. Or it'll be a case by case basis depending on how close you are to a shipping center. With larger releases, they often get their shipments of the game a week or so earlier than the street date, but with smaller releases they sometimes don't get it until a day or two beforehand.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Congratulations, man! I'm stuck around 89% and I don't see me getting closer anytime soon. SoulCal's got my attention pretty hard right now, and no other games exist when Mass Effect drops in March. Gonna be a work in progress for a while.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

You're close. 7%/35 more to go, if you've got the DLC characters. They definitely get pretty annoying towards the end, though some of them actually seemed easier than Vanilla's, like Amaterasu's. And for some of them, they don't tell you that you need to tigerknee stuff.

I'm going to be the same way with Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden III, and DMC HD Collection... they all release within the month. Not to mention BlazBlue and SFxT. That's why I wanted to get the Missions out of the way now, heh.

[quote name='GuardianE']You're close. 7%/35 more to go, if you've got the DLC characters. They definitely get pretty annoying towards the end, though some of them actually seemed easier than Vanilla's, like Amaterasu's. And for some of them, they don't tell you that you need to tigerknee stuff.

I'm going to be the same way with Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden III, and DMC HD Collection... they all release within the month. Not to mention BlazBlue and SFxT. That's why I wanted to get the Missions out of the way now, heh.[/QUOTE]

Oh god. Damnit. The DMC Collection. I forgot I even had it preordered. At least it's not until April. I have to re-100% DMC1 and DMC3 now!

Also, some of those missions were DEFINITELY easier. It's actually kind of a bummer that Ammy's were so watered down. I was hoping for some mid-air weapon switching shit, but I chewed through em way quicker than in Vanilla. I see Strider and Vergil taking me a while; I'm hoping I can work around em.

Speaking of Ammy, did you guys see any of these? http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...york-city-vs-long-island-results-and-replays/

Moons has some pretty awesome Ammy moments in that first video, but I don't even know what Chris G is doing anymore. He seems bored with the game. Also, DAT HAGGAR is hilarious.

I'll be standing by for Blazblue impressions. I've yet to really get into the game because it just reminds me that I'm not playing Guilty Gear.

Checked around locally for BBCS:EX. Best Buy is online only (backordered), the Gamestop near my house is sold out, the PNT near my work doesn't carry it.

Looks like I'll be waiting for my Amazon order...

So I guess that means we'll be running an AE2012 bracket tomorrow?

[quote name='IanKazimer']
I'll be standing by for Blazblue impressions. I've yet to really get into the game because it just reminds me that I'm not playing Guilty Gear.[/QUOTE]
I really enjoy it, it's a really fun game. I'm excited about having more people from the group playing the new one.

If you like GG though, this post will probably make you happy. This opens the possibility of an XBLA or retail release in the future...

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/feb/15/arc-system-works-releasing-update-guilty-gear-arcades/

[quote name='MtlTom']I really enjoy it, it's a really fun game. I'm excited about having more people from the group playing the new one.

If you like GG though, this post will probably make you happy. This opens the possibility of an XBLA or retail release in the future...

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/feb/15/arc-system-works-releasing-update-guilty-gear-arcades/[/QUOTE]

If we get a Guilty Gear redo ala 3rd Strike Online, I'll be playing with my TE stick on a permanent tilt, if you know what I mean.

My copy shipped out today and supposedly is arriving tomorrow. I've also never played GG. There aren't many fighting game players out here where I live so I never picked it up since it had no online. I'll definitely pick it up when it comes to XBLA. Also, I made a Facebook page for the group under the name Cag Fighter. It's open to everyone so sign up and hopefully in the future we can post our game night results and other announcements.

[quote name='BackInBlack']wtf happened with amazon shipping out everyones game today when it released tuesday?[/QUOTE]

According to this post Aksys didn't ship the game to retailers till Monday. Seems a little silly to me.

On the other hand, the Gamestop I checked said they got it but sold out. They only got a couple of copies though.

[quote name='MtlTom']Also, Kazimer I was right - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus is coming to XBLA/PSN. I'm actually pretty excited because as embarrassing as it may seem, I've never played GG :whistle2:#.[/QUOTE]

jizz_in_my_pants.jpg

God, I probably suck at this game now. To the lab!

Edit: Kensei, I can't seem to track down that facebook page. You have a link for it?

[quote name='IanKazimer']Oh god. Damnit. The DMC Collection. I forgot I even had it preordered. At least it's not until April. I have to re-100% DMC1 and DMC3 now!

Also, some of those missions were DEFINITELY easier. It's actually kind of a bummer that Ammy's were so watered down. I was hoping for some mid-air weapon switching shit, but I chewed through em way quicker than in Vanilla. I see Strider and Vergil taking me a while; I'm hoping I can work around em.

Speaking of Ammy, did you guys see any of these? http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...york-city-vs-long-island-results-and-replays/

Moons has some pretty awesome Ammy moments in that first video, but I don't even know what Chris G is doing anymore. He seems bored with the game. Also, DAT HAGGAR is hilarious.

I'll be standing by for Blazblue impressions. I've yet to really get into the game because it just reminds me that I'm not playing Guilty Gear.[/QUOTE]

DMC Collection will be boss. I'll definitely be right there 100%ing it as well.

I watched the Bar Brawl matches. Moons had some sick stuff, but I was disappointed by Chris G's character selection. He's either bored, trying to troll, or having a character identity crisis. Maybe he got sick of everyone getting mad about Morrigan play. He did use that Hsienko Team against Dieminion at Big Two.

BlazBlue is soooo good. It's totally worth picking up. With the recent news about Guilty Gear making it to XBLA, I think most of us are going to be grabbing that as well.

Shit, maybe I will grab Extend then. I have Continuum Shift, but I used it largely as an animation resource; never got into the online or anything. I did play Taokaka and Rachel in Trigger though.

That link worked, Kensei, thanks. Sent a request just now.

I think Chris was using X23, Chun, Hsien in some order. Like Guardian said, the whole thing just seemed super trollie.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Shit, maybe I will grab Extend then. I have Continuum Shift, but I used it largely as an animation resource; never got into the online or anything. I did play Taokaka and Rachel in Trigger though.

That link worked, Kensei, thanks. Sent a request just now.

I think Chris was using X23, Chun, Hsien in some order. Like Guardian said, the whole thing just seemed super trollie.[/QUOTE]

That may have come out wrong. I shouldn't have made it sound like I have my copy yet. I just love BlazBlue in general. I'm still looking for a local copy so I can play it this weekend. I think that BlazBlue is glorious from a game design standpoint... from the menu layout, resources, tutorials, story mode, music, online options, netcode, extras, and the absolute uniqueness of every character in the roster. It's kinda unfortunate that you didn't get a chance to try a lot of Continuum Shift, though, and Continuum Shift Extend is already pretty much out. The update from CSE isn't nearly as big as the one from CT to CS1/2.

I've never been huge into Guilty Gear. I owned it back when I didn't really know how to play fighting games. It always seemed cool, I just never had a place to learn the basics. I'll be approaching GGAC+ with a fresh perspective.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Of course I get CSE today when I need to be practicing SF4 for WinterBrawl :roll:[/QUOTE]

Just remember that lp.srk into srk is a totally safe 100% guaranteed setup.

[quote name='bs000']Just remember that lp.srk into srk is a totally safe 100% guaranteed setup.[/QUOTE]

I hate you.

I am going with Balrog though so I won't be mashing srks...and I WON'T mash out Headbutts :D

[quote name='Kensei']It froze on me the first time but I just reset my system and it installed ok.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I figured it out. Guardian told me there's an issue with installing games with the new disc type after one of the updates. I disconnected my system from LIVE and it worked fine.

Also GGs to Guardian last night. I need to re-adjust my game plan a bit with Tager & start incorporating his new tools. Lots of really fun matches though. Can't wait until the Unlimited Tager vs Unlimted Tager shenanigans start up again ;).

I posted this in the correct forum, but I thought I'd ask here too. Anyone interested in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Shuma Gorath and Jill code? I had the 360 game, but traded it and now I have the Vita version and its of no use to me. I'm trying to get something of equal value.

Atlus announced today that Persona 4 Arena (AKA Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena) will be getting a North American release this summer. Arc System Works of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue fame is involved and that's really all you need to know.

bread's done
Back