CAG Fighter Thread XL (40) - SSF2T HD RMX / SF IV / SC IV / TKN 6 / BB / GG XXX / OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']we all know, no one with good hearing would support her music

I support her other assets... of course ^_^[/QUOTE]after listening to her music, I can never find her the least bit attractive anymore.

like I'm turned on by her for a millisecond until my brain reminds me that I'm looking at Leah Dizon

and them I'm jus like ewww...

To be honest, I can't even see Filipino in her anymore... she looks completely Japanified... I don't like them eyez...

But man, she could get it... x 2... Like Tekken Tag with netsu.

Put that bitch in a final atomic buster...

To keep it fighting game related...

Who is the best fighting game SWORDSman(woman)?

My 5(like T-Mobile)

Sho Shinjo
Yoshimitsu
Haohmaru
Mitsurugi
Hibiki

[quote name='MarkMan']

To keep it fighting game related...

Who is the best fighting game SWORDSman(woman)?
[/quote]

I'm always a bitch for ... nobody. I like seigfried alot at first, but now don't give a crap...

I'll say Tira since I really liked her in SCIII even though I didn't think she was well built in terms of gameplay. Plus I hate her new costume... the original was so much better.

At least there's this girl which may become a new fave of mine if her style is good:

(stolen from n8n)
newcharacter.jpg

[quote name='MarkMan']To be honest, I can't even see Filipino in her anymore... she looks completely Japanified... I don't like them eyez...

But man, she could get it... x 2... Like Tekken Tag with netsu.

Put that bitch in a final atomic buster...[/quote]
Man, I hate it when chicks get Japanified.
I used to like BoA but she got all the Korean taken out of her and now I totally wouldn't walk up 720 her.

Hmm, favorite swordspeople...

1: CvS2 Hibiki
2: SC2 Nitemare. 3B!
3: SS2 Ukyo
4: SC X
5: SC Cassie

Until someone else gets into duels with...

a. Their sword sheathed until the very moment of attack
and
b. Their back to their enemy

Ukyo will forever remain my favorite fighting game character.

[quote name='kainzero']Man, I hate it when chicks get Japanified.
I used to like BoA but she got all the Korean taken out of her and now I totally wouldn't walk up 720 her.

Hmm, favorite swordspeople...

1: CvS2 Hibiki
2: SC2 Nitemare. 3B!
3: SS2 Ukyo
4: SC X
5: SC Cassie[/QUOTE]

You talking about Plastic Surgery? I gotta tell you most of the time if I saw a Japanese and Korean chick side by side I'd think they were both Japanese. Both are usually light skinned and past that I don't see much difference in their facial features.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']At least there's this girl which may become a new fave of mine if her style is good:

(stolen from n8n)
newcharacter.jpg
[/quote]

Good 'ole n8n... :booty:

So SCIV is going the way of the guest characters. They might as well go all out and bring in anyone they can. :bomb:

[quote name='B:L']Good 'ole n8n... :booty:

So SCIV is going the way of the guest characters. They might as well go all out and bring in anyone they can. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

whoops! I always get you and n8n mixed up for some reason... >_

[quote name='kainzero']Man, I hate it when chicks get Japanified.
I used to like BoA but she got all the Korean taken out of her and now I totally wouldn't walk up 720 her.[/QUOTE]man phuck dat,

I never really appreciated her until I saw the video for Moto.

I watch in on youtube like every other day, I need to find an actual mpg or avi of that video, u got one??

if I saw her I would totally bust her a Jabbawockee

Yua Aida. Now that's someone I wouldn't mind taking the Korean out of. ehe.

Don't ban me plz.

Wait what were you talking about again?

[quote name='gunm']Niiiice. Purely Udon's, or is this an RR re-imagining?

May need to be spoilerized or thumbized, though. :p[/QUOTE]

good idea... done.

I wish I drew like that, but that's not my style of work. Most of my work is very vector based or pixel art, aside from my video games that are art.

[quote name='JEKKI']man phuck dat,

I never really appreciated her until I saw the video for Moto.

I watch in on youtube like every other day, I need to find an actual mpg or avi of that video, u got one??

if I saw her I would totally bust her a Jabbawockee[/quote]
wtf man you all wrong
what the hell is this mercedes slk doing in the video. what a brand whore.

back in the days she just needed a freakin' blow dryer. listen to my heart, kimochi wa tsutawaru, id: peace b. that's all you need in life.

[quote name='gunm']Yua Aida. Now that's someone I wouldn't mind taking the Korean out of. ehe.

Don't ban me plz.

Wait what were you talking about again?[/quote]
korean chicks. yua aida is japanese. says wikipedia. =)

[quote name='Sarang01'] You talking about Plastic Surgery? I gotta tell you most of the time if I saw a Japanese and Korean chick side by side I'd think they were both Japanese. Both are usually light skinned and past that I don't see much difference in their facial features.[/quote]
now i'm not saying i can tell the difference between japanese and korean all the time. but there are some subtle differences that i can pick up on...

These last few pages have been nothing but jibberish to me...

jabbawokeez, some japanese or possibly filipino girl, j-pop, 720'ing a bitch, Rolento....

wtf lol

X_X

PS: I got my Vega vs. Balrog shirt in the mail yesterday. Looks hot and a nice fit. Well worth the money.

PPS: I ordered an iPod Touch a few days ago, anyone know sweet mods or apps or anything for it?

PPPS: Where does everyone think the Smash character rankings stand? I think Marth, Pit, Metaknight and Sonic all seem like really good characters, but I haven't played online enough to really tell. Who does everyone think is great and who does everyone think is trash?

Ike is good, MK is overrated (even though I main him), and Marth...is difficult to tell. Olimar is really really scary when he's being used by someone who really knows how to use him.

I really think MK is up there, his aerials/recovery on most of his moves and how fast it whittles down the shield... that's all topz...

[quote name='Chacrana']Foley, where you been? Its like you fell off the face of the earth or something.[/QUOTE]

he's gone on the endangered species list over the past few weeks. Not enough foleys around to spread the seed.

I hate MK. He combos easily and I don't know how to stop neutral B.

Marth seems up there. Fair is too good and his smash is quick for something that kills, and he has that stupid natural combo with his forwardB.

Pit... nah. I have trouble killing with him. Wouldn't put him at top.

Sonic sucks, he has crap priority and crap moves.

I hear stuff about Snake being up there but I haven't figured out how to use him that well. I like ROB, Dsmash plus laser is a good combination, plus all his other moves seem pretty good... Dair meteors, he can camp with Bair, I think he's really underrated.

I also hear good stuff about TLink but I can't combo his Dair very well.

Online a lot of things change... I played two matches online and came back to lose to my bros really bad because it's just so strange.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I played smash on wii for the first time yesterday and I still can't find fun in the game. Oh well, at least everyone else can enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty over it too. Take away the thrill of "omg so much shit to do/nostalgia" and there isn't much left for me to enjoy. It's the controls. it's the freaking controls. the slow and touchy movement, every situation is a mix up because turning is weird, movesets just don't feel all that satisfying etc.
and I suck at it, so this is by no means objective.

Later wii! have a good gen.

the best part is manchu, but I don't have a modded console, so I just stare at my sig and daydream.

[quote name='Chacrana']Foley, where you been? Its like you fell off the face of the earth or something.[/QUOTE]

This semester I've been hella busy with school. I'm president of my initiating class for the Honors Frat I joined, so that keeps me busy. Not to mention class and I played in a Dodgeball Intramural League that just ended yesterday. Our season was ended in the playoffs, we got beat yesterday :cry:.

Not to mention I have to unhook my internet to my laptop to get onto Live, which is kind of a pain in the ass.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Ike is good, MK is overrated (even though I main him), and Marth...is difficult to tell. Olimar is really really scary when he's being used by someone who really knows how to use him.[/QUOTE]

Ike is solid but slow. He's nowhere near top IMO. I don't think Metaknight is really overrated, because his neutral B is beast and he seems to have reasonable priority with his smash and tilt moves. It gets really annoying 1 on 1'ing him.

Olimar is good but I haven't seen a great player yet, so the jury is still out for me.

[quote name='MarkMan']I really think MK is up there, his aerials/recovery on most of his moves and how fast it whittles down the shield... that's all topz...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He definately has top tier potential.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']he's gone on the endangered species list over the past few weeks. Not enough foleys around to spread the seed.[/QUOTE]

see my reasons above. once May hits, things will be just like they used to. i'll be on Live 24/7 because I might not be working on the summer. don't worry ReRo, I'll be around ;)

[quote name='kainzero']I hate MK. He combos easily and I don't know how to stop neutral B.

Marth seems up there. Fair is too good and his smash is quick for something that kills, and he has that stupid natural combo with his forwardB.

Pit... nah. I have trouble killing with him. Wouldn't put him at top.

Sonic sucks, he has crap priority and crap moves.

I hear stuff about Snake being up there but I haven't figured out how to use him that well. I like ROB, Dsmash plus laser is a good combination, plus all his other moves seem pretty good... Dair meteors, he can camp with Bair, I think he's really underrated.

I also hear good stuff about TLink but I can't combo his Dair very well.

Online a lot of things change... I played two matches online and came back to lose to my bros really bad because it's just so strange.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate MK.

Pit I can see some potential with his recovery and a decent special move set, but I think his lack of a great smash takes him away from being a great character.

Sonic is okay, his down smash is solid and he has some okay air moves. his special moves are terrible IMO though

Marth is the shit, but I never really play him. He's just solid all around.

Lately I've been trying Snake, and I'm actually pretty solid with him now. You really have to use the hell out of his specials to use him effectively. The worst part about Snake for me is that all his air attacks except upA and backA suck.

I like Rob but haven't given him a solid chance. Same with Toon Link.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I played smash on wii for the first time yesterday and I still can't find fun in the game. Oh well, at least everyone else can enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Apossum']I'm pretty over it too. Take away the thrill of "omg so much shit to do/nostalgia" and there isn't much left for me to enjoy. It's the controls. it's the freaking controls. the slow and touchy movement, every situation is a mix up because turning is weird, movesets just don't feel all that satisfying etc.
and I suck at it, so this is by no means objective.

Later wii! have a good gen.

the best part is manchu, but I don't have a modded console, so I just stare at my sig and daydream.[/QUOTE]

You guys are trippin.... Smash is the SHIT!

[quote name='jimfoley16']Lately I've been trying Snake, and I'm actually pretty solid with him now.[/QUOTE]oh hahaha, I see what you did there...

D3 is also really good, and a lot faster than he looks. His Up+B recovery is nice, since it has armor on the way up, and it's really hard to take advantage of him if it misses on the way down. It also spikes, which was a nice surprise to find out. Even though it's slow as molasses, best forward smash in the game helps put pressure on recovering opponents. Also, he can throw items randomly, just like Peach can, which makes for interesting games.

I'm currently maining Kirby (too beastly), MK (still think he's overrated, but he's also still really good), D3 (reasons above), and Lucario. Lucario is really good, because his forward tilt hits twice, and extra hard on the second hit. That up tilt of his has so much priority, too. The range of it is awesome, since it covers his entire body, and makes for easy juggles. His smashes come out slow, but he has a lot of potential. Think mewtwo, but if Mewtwo could take a hit and not get killed until 150%.

[quote name='BustaUppa']oh hahaha, I see what you did there...[/QUOTE]

lol I didn't even notice

[quote name='Mr. Beef']D3 is also really good, and a lot faster than he looks. His Up+B recovery is nice, since it has armor on the way up, and it's really hard to take advantage of him if it misses on the way down. It also spikes, which was a nice surprise to find out. Even though it's slow as molasses, best forward smash in the game helps put pressure on recovering opponents. Also, he can throw items randomly, just like Peach can, which makes for interesting games.

I'm currently maining Kirby (too beastly), MK (still think he's overrated, but he's also still really good), D3 (reasons above), and Lucario. Lucario is really good, because his forward tilt hits twice, and extra hard on the second hit. That up tilt of his has so much priority, too. The range of it is awesome, since it covers his entire body, and makes for easy juggles. His smashes come out slow, but he has a lot of potential. Think mewtwo, but if Mewtwo could take a hit and not get killed until 150%.[/QUOTE]

yeah I like DDD but for 1v1 he can be a little cumbersome. i'm not great with him or anything though, so who knows.

1v1, I like him a lot. He can chain grab almost every character to the edge of a level. And if the level is flat all the way to the screen edge (like Bridge of Eldin), he can chain grab them to death, or chain grab infinitely if you're in a stage that has a wall (like the MGS stage, and the Ground section of Pokemon Stadium 2).

[quote name='jimfoley16']Pit I can see some potential with his recovery and a decent special move set, but I think his lack of a great smash takes him away from being a great character.

Sonic is okay, his down smash is solid and he has some okay air moves. his special moves are terrible IMO though

Marth is the shit, but I never really play him. He's just solid all around.

Lately I've been trying Snake, and I'm actually pretty solid with him now. You really have to use the hell out of his specials to use him effectively. The worst part about Snake for me is that all his air attacks except upA and backA suck.

I like Rob but haven't given him a solid chance. Same with Toon Link.[/quote]
Yeah, that's exactly why I don't like Pit. I find that I edgeguard a lot less so recovery isn't really something that makes a character better in Brawl. Arrows are overrated and he just lacks solid range.
Sonic, I only like his Dtilt. For a terrible match, try a Sonic mirror match.
I had a lotta trouble learning Snake. I hate how his air moves lag a lot if you don't finish them and hit the ground before they're done. I haven't had a lot of success with his B specials either. C4 seems to activate way too slowly and I've been trying to shield cancel to cook grenades but it just doesn't seem to quite work out. I am fond of the phantom range on his Ftilt and Utilt though. Utilt especially, I got a kill on Corneria when someone was hanging off that rising section in the middle. I was few steps back from the edge and Utilt connected for a kill.

I've been playing Peach but she seems middle of the road. Her only reliable kill moves are Fair and Usmash, so I usually end up taking the opponent to 150+ just to kill. But I gotta LOL with that 2cm wavedash. All I ever do is throw vegetables and mix it up with fwd+B, float dair and float fair (or bair). Her second jump is terrible and you can't fast fall her umbrella though.

I also play Zelda and have lots of problems hurting someone, most of my combos are dtilt - dsmash... sweetspot on her kicks, including her new dair, is incredibly hard to land and it doesn't even seem worth it. All I can really hope is the opponent gets lazy and forgets that I have uair...

So are the extra characters and full story mode worth picking up GG:AC+ for, even if you have GG:AC already?

I would like to pick it up, but if I do, it will not be until the next time PA has a sale, or unless most ppl feel it's not worth it.

I'm skipping it for now. If I had held onto my buggy JP release of GG:AC I would probably get the append version but I opted for the US release instead.

That being said, the fact that I don't have anyone to play GG with is helping to temper my spending.

[quote name='asianxcore']America's Best Dance Crew season finale tonight.

Jabbawockies all the way. fuck Status Quo.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh shit, i completely forgot. Thanks for reminding me, Asian. I cannot wait.

Also, Jabbawokeez is better than Status Quo will ever be.

i'm trying to play brawl and looking for people to play with, but all i can find on the boards are people whining about how "brawl is less competitive than melee" and that whole debate raging on.

now i'll admit, the game feels a ton slower. again, like jumping from TTT to T4, or like, MvC2 to MvC.

but still, can't do much other than play what you want. still, there are so many people who are already speculating on the future and what's to come and whether there will be a bunch of crazy techs or not.

man, whatever.
it's all good. just gotta keep playing what you want.
there's just so many complainers out there.

there's massive complaints with halo 3 and the "random BR burst" too. or sc3 and whatever's wrong with that. there's just complainers everywhere when it comes to releasing a sequel. and all this complaining just makes it harder for anyone to find people to play with.

=(

[quote name='MarkMan']It happens with every new game iteration that has a big following :/[/quote]
hahah, i don't remember anyone complaining about sticking with T4 when T5 came out =)

That's the exception... I don't think anyone is going to complain about Soul Calibur IV vs III either hahaha

It only qualifies for GOOD/decent games not ehhh ones ;/

Hai guyz, whaz up?

I've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear and Tekken 5 DR lately. I've been using Venom a bunch, and trying to avoid ending combos with Double Head Morbid. It's hard. ;) Other than Venom, I use Sol, Dizzy, Baiken, and Testament. As far as Tekken goes, I've been using Dragonov and Armor King. Dragonov has been one of my faves since I first played as him.

[quote name='Chacrana']Ohhh shit, i completely forgot. Thanks for reminding me, Asian. I cannot wait.

Also, Jabbawokeez is better than Status Quo will ever be.[/QUOTE]

Last episode was so sick. I wasn't expecting Status Quo to win, but I was a little worried for a second.

I haven't been playing any FG's lately. Work and school have been so busy at the end of the day I just want to sleep. Also on my free time I've been attempting to actually watch some of the DVD's I've bought in the last month.

Still working to make Lucario my main in Smash. Since I'm a Smash move, what exactly is a tilt smash?

[quote name='asianxcore']Last episode was so sick. I wasn't expecting Status Quo to win, but I was a little worried for a second.

I haven't been playing any FG's lately. Work and school have been so busy at the end of the day I just want to sleep. Also on my free time I've been attempting to actually watch some of the DVD's I've bought in the last month.

Still working to make Lucario my main in Smash. Since I'm a Smash move, what exactly is a tilt smash?[/QUOTE]

A "tilt smash" isn't really a smash, it's just another attack. Tilting the control stick up, to the side, or down while on the ground results in an attack. Some characters, such as Snake (second hit on his forward tilt), have really good tilt attacks that have the potential to KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back