CAG Fighting Game Thread Vol. 12: Dark Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea spread the word.

TEKKEN 6.

Great news, I wake up a lil' after midnight, realize it's my birthday. Then first piece of news I receive. Latest Famitsu confirms Tekken 6.

Great googly moogly.

Happy Birthday.

Have a birthday next week too. I need something along the lines of "Virtua Fighter 5 and Tekken 6 announced as PS3 launch titles"

Kuma: Thank you kindly for the Birthday wishes. To help make your birthday a 'little' better.... Tekken 6 is confirmed as launch. :)

Let's hope on that VF.

I'm hoping and guessing www.tekken-official.jp will have stuff up soon since they usually post stuff up very soon after famitsu releases an issue with news on a Tekken game... anyone post scans as soon as they find em!

also, Markman, you want pie or cake for your birthday?

[quote name='MarkMan']Hori is releasing another arcade stick for the 360, it's very similar to the DOA4 stick with a slightly different design. Should be perfect for Hyper Fighting and UMK3 on live!

I'll try to get a pic, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post pics of it yet.[/QUOTE]ooooh, nice. Can you give any clues about the button layout? I'm hoping for an 8-button setup, similar to what the X-Arcade uses:
XBOX_Layout.jpg

The great thing about that layout is how those extra two buttons at the bottom allow for some versatile configurations. The "L" button in the diagram is perfect for the "Run" button in UMK3, a "R,B,Bl" setup works for Virtua Fighter, and I think the "L,A,B,Bl" setup is close to the original button layout used in SNK games.

Since Microsoft is being very restrictive about third-party peripherals, I'm really hoping we get a joystick option that works for UMK3! So I'm hoping the new Hori has more than just six buttons. The ideal situation for me would be if they allowed X-gaming to make a 360 adaptor for the X-Arcade... then I could just buy that and have two working 360 joysticks for $20 total. Heh, I know a lot of people dog on the X-Arcade, but I'm not advanced enough of a player to really notice the lag that's supposed to be there with the console adaptors.

Oh and happy birthday over there!

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh yea spread the word.

TEKKEN 6.

Great news, I wake up a lil' after midnight, realize it's my birthday. Then first piece of news I receive. Latest Famitsu confirms Tekken 6.

Great googly moogly.[/QUOTE]

sweet this news starts my day on a good note.

Hi guys, thanks again for the Birthday wishes. It seems that Famitsu did nothing more than announce that Tekken 6 will be at E3 and nothing more. No screens/information on the title. Hopefully something will leak in the next issue before E3.

About the arcade stick, I'll take a look at the specs/pics and post up the info soon! Gotta drop off the lil' one to school lol.

[quote name='gigan54']happy birthday markman! hope you have a good one.

now onto some more KOF news:

HATTORI HANZO is in MI2!
as well as billy kane's little sister ( and joe's main squeeze) lilly kane.
fio germi from Metal slug's in too

pics can be seen here http://www.cyberfanatix.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1339
thanks to the wonderful people over at cyberfanatix[/QUOTE]

I wasn't expecting Hanzo, but Lilly and Fio I could guess. It's funny that they're putting such odd characters in but not including fan favorites like Yamazaki, Joe, and King. Still I welcome the oddballs. Did you see Armor Ralf? It looks like he's trying to cosplay as Bowser.

BTW, Happy late B-Day Markman, here's your present. Some exclusive pics of Tekken 6, enjoy:

tekken2.jpg

it's really awesome when characters from other games show up in fighting games. when ikari warriors showed up in kof, when the final fight guys show up in alpha, all the cameos in the capcom vs. series, the cameos in ngbc.. the only one that made me groan was the spartan in doa, but i guess it isn't that horrible.

how about some klonoa or kos-mos action in the next tekken tag? i wanna be juggling suckas with blinky or ms. pacman.

Conker and Joanna Dark in the next Killer Instinct game? I have no faith in Rare making a good fighter, but that would still be kinda fun.

Which KoF had the Ikari Warriors? could you hit A,B,B to revive them?

[quote name='Apossum']Conker and Joanna Dark in the next Killer Instinct game? I have no faith in Rare making a good fighter, but that would still be kinda fun.

Which KoF had the Ikari Warriors? could you hit A,B,B to revive them?[/QUOTE]

ralf and clark had their names changed to paul and vince when they came stateside

Off topic but I was digging through my old cd's and I found a copy of Street fighter 3 alpha. I pop it into the ps2 and thought I'd just practice a bit. Next thing I know it's 2 hours later and I'm having a blast with it. I never realized what a great game Street Fighter alpha 3 was. It's nuts how much better it was then Street Fighter Anniversery collection it is.

The game is responsive I make a fireball motion and fireballs actually fly out as opposed to in street fighter anniversery collection it just leaves me flailing around.

Wish I had remembered I'd had alpha 3 would of never bought the anniversery collection. Oh well..

r1s3n

Happy Bday MarkMan. Tekken 6 you knew was going to be announced sooner or later. When they showed off PS3 they showed the tech videos with Tekken. Can't wait for E3 to hear more about it.

[quote name='r1s3n']Off topic but I was digging through my old cd's and I found a copy of Street fighter 3 alpha. I pop it into the ps2 and thought I'd just practice a bit. Next thing I know it's 2 hours later and I'm having a blast with it. I never realized what a great game Street Fighter alpha 3 was. It's nuts how much better it was then Street Fighter Anniversery collection it is.

The game is responsive I make a fireball motion and fireballs actually fly out as opposed to in street fighter anniversery collection it just leaves me flailing around.

Wish I had remembered I'd had alpha 3 would of never bought the anniversery collection. Oh well..

r1s3n[/QUOTE]

You're not off topic at all, that's what this tread is for. I really enjoy the alpha series, and can't wait for the collection.

Who knows how many hours I pumped into Street Fighter Alpha 2. But the thing I loved about Alpha 3 is that fireballs do almost no damage if you do them too much. All Alpha is missing is Sawada.

SF: AE is tons of fun. Except CE Bison. He needs to get out of the game.

I've always wanted to play Alpha 3 seriously but I only found out how fun it was ... last year.

V-Karin!

I know Tekken: Dark Resurection is coming out for the psp but will it be out for the ps2 or other consoles? I just can't imagine trying to play a fighter on that horrible psp gamepad. I know you can modify your psp but I'm not tech inclined and pretty sure I'd screw the pooch doing it.

r1s3n

[quote name='gigan54']happy birthday markman! hope you have a good one.

now onto some more KOF news:

HATTORI HANZO is in MI2!
as well as billy kane's little sister ( and joe's main squeeze) lilly kane.
fio germi from Metal slug's in too

pics can be seen here http://www.cyberfanatix.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1339
thanks to the wonderful people over at cyberfanatix[/QUOTE]

I'm actually more surprised by Lilly Kane... It reminds me of the midnight bliss pics of billy kane, but not as good. I wonder how she'll play differently.

hw in the world did hanzo show up in KoF? i'm not saying he dosn't belong there, i'm just saying he's from a totally different time period >_

Yeah i thought that was the main reason the SamSho and Last Blade people werent in KoF because of the continuity. Now im pissed that the SamSho guys havnt been in it for the past 12 years

Did anyone get KOF Neowave? Eventually I'll pick it up but I wanted to know how the competition is online? I'm sure it's pretty crappy though.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Did anyone get KOF Neowave? Eventually I'll pick it up but I wanted to know how the competition is online? I'm sure it's pretty crappy though.[/QUOTE]

they really should consider doing an xbox live enabled KoF 98... now that would probably have some great online play.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']they really should consider doing an xbox live enabled KoF 98... now that would probably have some great online play.[/QUOTE]
They just came out with King of Fighters Orochi Collection in Japan. Which is 95, 96, and 97 on it with online play for PS2. As for the Neowave and the the competition online....pretty much crappy like you said. Played a couple of people that knew a little but all around its pretty bad.

[quote name='MarkMan']www.evo2k.com

Anniversary Edition SF. Both Hyper SF and 3S will be played.

DOA4.[/QUOTE]

no offense to any SFIII fans, but I'm really getting tired of it. I would actually be happyer if SFA3 was played there.

I have to agree with you RR, it's been played out for the longest. I would like to see some darkstalkers love at evo. the high level matches i've seen are quite entertaining.

edit: so I got my hands on that ultraman fighting evolution rebirth i've been meaning to play as well as a few other fighters. it's decent, but it gets lots of brownie points from me because I'm a fan of the series. the detail on the character models is quite awesome. my only real gripe with it is that I can't understand what the narrarator is saying. over all, it's a welcome addition to my collection and I will mess around with it until I've unlocked all of the secret monsters. evil ultraman anyone?

next on my list is neo geo battle colliseum. I like the wide array of characters but since I've never played this in the arcade, I'm having a hard time doing the special duo combos. guess I need to read up on the mechanics of the game over at gamefaqs. that's all for now. I'll get back to you on the other games i've acquired later.

oh and btw spectral vs generation is a poorman's guilty gear

[quote name='gigan54']I have to agree with you RR, it's been played out for the longest. I would like to see some darkstalkers love at evo. the high level matches i've seen are quite entertaining.

edit: so I got my hands on that ultraman fighting evolution rebirth i've been meaning to play as well as a few other fighters. it's decent, but it gets lots of brownie points from me because I'm a fan of the series. the detail on the character models is quite awesome. my only real gripe with it is that I can't understand what the narrarator is saying. over all, it's a welcome addition to my collection and I will mess around with it until I've unlocked all of the secret monsters. evil ultraman anyone?

next on my list is neo geo battle colliseum. I like the wide array of characters but since I've never played this in the arcade, I'm having a hard time doing the special duo combos. guess I need to read up on the mechanics of the game over at gamefaqs. that's all for now. I'll get back to you on the other games i've acquired later.

oh and btw spectral vs generation is a poorman's guilty gear[/QUOTE]

where I go to college there's a ton of neo geo battle coleseum high level play. I would say the game would be great for tourneys, but some of the tag stuff is a bit unbalanced, and most high level play matches always end in a time out... which is a horrible way to win IMHO. I can say though that K' has been toned down to utter crappiness, fuma is braindead to play good with, and Hoamaru and Moriya do beastly damage. I love Hoamaru's new unblockable fake out (HCB + Circle)

3s will never get old!

while i don't agree that 3s should be given a break, i do agree that they should give some more time to some other games too (like a3). i'm kinda heartbroken that xi didn't show up on the list (or any other snk games for that matter), but possibly next year?

with all due respect to the snk crowd, i think the game selection at evo is just reflective of the biggest scenes in america.

Happy birthday, Markman.

I picked up Neowave but I haven't ventured online with it. Anyone gonna set up a tournament? I know Rodimus and Guile were trying to do that with SamShoV.

[quote name='kristianator']3s will never get old!

while i don't agree that 3s should be given a break, i do agree that they should give some more time to some other games too (like a3). i'm kinda heartbroken that xi didn't show up on the list (or any other snk games for that matter), but possibly next year?

with all due respect to the snk crowd, i think the game selection at evo is just reflective of the biggest scenes in america.[/QUOTE]

well, evo is run by the guys on shoryuken.com... which is a very capcom friendly site... maybe neogeoforlife.com needs to start holding tourneys??? I wish...

[quote name='depascal22']Happy birthday, Markman.

I picked up Neowave but I haven't ventured online with it. Anyone gonna set up a tournament? I know Rodimus and Guile were trying to do that with SamShoV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried a couple times but no takers. They're hard to set up when only a handfull of people play seriously. And from what I hear people still play SamShowV online as much as Neowave.

The few times I played, it was just a bunch of guys that used cheap tactics and split after they won a match. I blame SNK for not making a good online experience for us. Most of us are only buying these games on the Xbox for the online component anyway.

I wish I could get rid of Optimum Online but I can't really find any other deals around here that are cheaper. The lag really hurts when I'm playing any of the fighters. It doesn't matter so much when I'm goofing around with friends but I don't want to put my reputation on the line with such a shitty connection.

3s will be fun for me as long as I suck at parrying (there's always something to strive for)

By saturday I'll be playing (staring at) MI2 and Okami in full force (..while I write papers)... can't fucking wait.

For the Tekken players, what are the fighting styles of the 2 new characters Lilly and Dragunov? Dragunov looks like he does some kind of Russian martial arts, and Lilly, I can't place?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah, I tried a couple times but no takers. They're hard to set up when only a handfull of people play seriously. And from what I hear people still play SamShowV online as much as Neowave.[/QUOTE]
If you ever set up another tourney for Neowave I'm down. LIke i said before the people playing online aren't really serious players so I'm looking for any decent competition.

[quote name='Wiki']There are two brand new characters in T5: DR, Sergei Dragunov and Lili [1], as well as the returning character Armor King. According to Tekken Zaibatsu [2], "Dragunov is described as a human weapon... with origins tracing back to the frozen tundra" and "Lili is a rich girl from Monaco." Dragunov fights with Sambo and Lili uses her skills in dance to fight in her own "tricky" style. [/QUOTE]
There you go.

DOA4 at EVO.

I think *barf* is the word. :drool:

Well it's one more EVO year that I'm not going to. Hope it draws the money and audience they're hoping for :roll:

[quote name='depascal22']I wish I could get rid of Optimum Online but I can't really find any other deals around here that are cheaper. The lag really hurts when I'm playing any of the fighters. It doesn't matter so much when I'm goofing around with friends but I don't want to put my reputation on the line with such a shitty connection.[/quote]

Ugh, reminds me of the gameplay back at home. Most of the time Optimum Online is fine for gaming over Live since the lag, while somewhat detrimental, won't tend slaughtering you outright. But if an when it's bad, good lord, it's just a sign to put away the fighters for the night and switch over to another genre. Absolutely painful.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah, I tried a couple times but no takers. They're hard to set up when only a handfull of people play seriously. And from what I hear people still play SamShowV online as much as Neowave.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for a tournament. Hell, I'll be down just to play anyone else with the game. Add me for some matches.

Does anyone know how to use colossus super? In MVC 2? The one where he goes into the sky and crashes down. It doesnt seem possible to connect it . :bomb:

[quote name='assassinX']Does anyone know how to use colossus super? In MVC 2? The one where he goes into the sky and crashes down. It doesnt seem possible to connect it . :bomb:[/quote]

get them in the corner, launch, super, then down + hp or hk to make him dive at first contact. something like that.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']For the Tekken players, what are the fighting styles of the 2 new characters Lilly and Dragunov? Dragunov looks like he does some kind of Russian martial arts, and Lilly, I can't place?[/QUOTE]

Dragunov: Sambo

Lili: her own developed style of street fighting

[quote name='Apossum']3s will be fun for me as long as I suck at parrying (there's always something to strive for)

By saturday I'll be playing (staring at) MI2 and Okami in full force (..while I write papers)... can't fucking wait.[/quote]

You bastard! the two games I want to play very badly this year >_< damn modding... I gotta go mod my system someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back