CAG Fitbit Group - Walk This Way!

How do you change your profile on Fitbit? it has become a frustrating endeavor. . . i hate shit like this.

Holy crap . . . this fitbit thing makes me want to punch something. I HATE WHEN THINGS DON'T WORK LIKE THEY SHOULD!!!

I've had my fitbit since the beginning of January (approx 16-18k steps a day) and its already showing cracks on the black plastic near the loop. I've never once dropped or smack it against something hard. Just curious if anyone else is having a wear and tear issue with the product.

[quote name='Popnmusic']I've had my fitbit since the beginning of January (approx 16-18k steps a day) and its already showing cracks on the black plastic near the loop. I've never once dropped or smack it against something hard. Just curious if anyone else is having a wear and tear issue with the product.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried using the cradle belt loop? Your current belt or waistband may just be a bit too thick of you are only using the fitbit.

[quote name='skadave']How do you change your profile on Fitbit? it has become a frustrating endeavor. . . i hate shit like this.[/QUOTE]

Go to your profile. View it as you, there is a drop down box for you, friends, anyone. You will then get an option to change your picture.

It was a pain is the ass to figure out but now it's done.

Target is clearancing out the mytrek heart rate monitor. It msrp's for 99 and can be bound at alot of targets for 30 bucks. For anyone who excercises its pretty cool. It works with your iphone. I like it because unlike other monitors, you strap it on your forearm instead of your chest, which is much more comfortable. The reason why I mention it in this thread is that data from fitbit and mytrek can be synced with each other. A lot of the reviews for it mention a high failure rate, but I've had it for a weak and its pretty cool as long as it doesn't break. It's probably not the most accurate high quality monitor around, but if you can find it for 30 bucks its worth a try.

Just setup my Fitbit. It's going to be pretty pathetic the next couple of days (13 hour shifts at work), but after that, I'll hopefully get my ass moving!

I've owned the tracker for all of 18 hours or so and already lost it during my commute. I just contacted customer service to see if they can help out.
Any advice for keeping this thing from magically flying off my body?

And has anyone tried the sleep tracking function? I tried it out before losing it, and it added a lot of steps and calories burned to my daily total. I think that's throwing off my daily tracking.

I have been tempted to pick one up but I read Amazon reviews and one concern is the build quality, they seem to start falling apart rather quick

Got mine, I walk a lot and wanted to know how many steps I take in a day, I even park further away from the door of the place I'm going to so I can burn more calories. I'm excited to see how many miles I actually walk.

[quote name='metalmat']I have been tempted to pick one up but I read Amazon reviews and one concern is the build quality, they seem to start falling apart rather quick[/QUOTE]

Really starting to consider getting this. My issue is the same as yours. How are the ones that CAG members have bought holding up?

Just joined the group, didn't realize there was one until the latest cagcast. Looking at those numbers though makes me sad. I need to find a way to get more stairs in. Curse you single story house.

Anyone try the Fitbit Zip? I can get a discount at a certain big box retailer through someone for $37. I just feel like all I'm getting is a pedometer.

[quote name='Sonne']Anyone try the Fitbit Zip? I can get a discount at a certain big box retailer through someone for $37. I just feel like all I'm getting is a pedometer.[/QUOTE]
I ordered one for me and my GF, I will post a review sometime (comes in today). It seems like a pedometer but the reason I personally bought it was because of the stat tracking that the Fitbit offers. I don't need to know the steps climbed because I don't care frankly. I really only care about steps to calories.

Any updates on the Zip? Looking into getting Fitbits for my brother and I and want to know about the Zip, but there's only a $20ish difference in price between that and the regular

I'm curious if any of you are still using your fitbit? I'm thinking about asking for one for Christmas or my birthday. I have slacked off for the past 3-4 months and need something electronic to motivate me. I haven't used the loseit.com app recently. Does the fitbit encourage you to get those extra steps for us videogame numbers orientated people? I use my 3ds in the house to make sure I get my 10 coins a day, but would love to track all my walking.

[quote name='jbuck138']I'm curious if any of you are still using your fitbit? I'm thinking about asking for one for Christmas or my birthday. I have slacked off for the past 3-4 months and need something electronic to motivate me. I haven't used the loseit.com app recently. Does the fitbit encourage you to get those extra steps for us videogame numbers orientated people? I use my 3ds in the house to make sure I get my 10 coins a day, but would love to track all my walking.[/QUOTE]
I go through phases with it. Thanksgiving just motivated me to put it back on. And yea, seeing the numbers make me want to make it go higher.

I just joined the group a week ago and I'm already #2 on the leader boards. You chubby pricks need to get back in action.

Just joined the group. Boyfriend got me one for Christmas & he just got himself one today thanks to BB $50 off $100 :)

Loving the One, quality is nice & the silent alarm actually works!

Anyone still active here? I've had a long period of laziness, followed by a period of having no idea where my Fitbit was. Recently got a Force -- I'm heading to the Dominican Republic in June for a wedding, so I need to be beach ready for the bridesmaids!

bread's done
Back