CAG Foreplay #12: New Releases (8/14/07) Not So Cold Cuts Edition

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
CAG's shipwreck & mrs. shipwreck preview the new releases for the week of August 14th, 2007. We're not sure if you've noticed, but Madden is coming out this week. If you're looking for a not so athletic fantasy, there are enough RPG's to last you until Madden 09.

We've fixed our technical problem from last week so all flash-based players should work this week.
ipodcastin.jpg

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can now also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

CAG Foreplay Podcast show notes will be up later today.

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/foreplay/cagforeplay12.mp3[/media] [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAG_Foreplay[/digg]

Dungeons & Dragons Tactics Dev. Kuju Entertainment Pub. Atari Systems: PSP MSRP: $39.99
I'd recommend ordering this one online as it's entirely too bright and sunny outside to risk trying to make your first trip into direct daylight this year. The mail carrier will be happy to bring you this turned-based strategy game based upon the 3.5 rule set featuring thirteen different character classes and all the Beholder's you can slay. This actually looks like a decent romp even if you don't have a felt bag full of 20-sided dice. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Dungeons & Dragons Tactics.

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Family Video $38.46 (99 cent shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 Dev. SNK Playmore Pub. SNK Playmore Systems: PS2 MSRP: $14.99
(Deja Preview) Combining Fatal Fury 1 through 3 and Fatal Fury Special, this collection is made even more attractive for 2D fighting fans with its bargain price. It should also prove helpful for preview writers and podcasters who like to reference compilations that provide better value than their digital download brethren. - ship

Best Deal:
Deep Discount is offering Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 for $14 shipped.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $14.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:ps2: Purchase At Deep Discount $13.99 (Free shipping)

Heroes of Mana Dev. Brownie Brown Pub. Square Enix Systems: DS MSRP: $39.99
Please let this game be good, please let this game be good, please let this game be good. I love the Noun of Mana games a lot, at least until the recent disappointment of the game-that-shall-remain-nameless (i.e. Dawn of Mana). So imagine my surprise to hearing that Heroes of Mana is a real-time strategy title. I'm not a RTS gamer, but there are several things that make this game look great. First, good controls. Second, a small number of people to control, which is good for me. Third, tons of loot laying around and as well as rewards to upgrade your characters. The gameplay is very traditional - ground, air, ranged, and heavy units with a home base that you can improve on as you go. Stay tuned to find out how the mrs.' foray into the RTS genre goes. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Heroes of Mana.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Family Video $38.46 (99 cent shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)

High School Musical: Makin' the Cut Dev. Disney Interactive Pub. Disney Interactive Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
(Deja Preview) Who wouldn't want to make out with all your favorite characters from the hit Disney movie franchise. Do you have what it takes to get to second base with Sharpay? Wait, does that say Makin' the Cut? Crap, that means this is the rhythm-based dance choreography game that allows you to create music videos with songs from both movies. Excitement level lowered. - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is offering High School Musical: Makin' the Cut for $28 shipped.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Family Video $26.99 (99 cent shipping)

Luminous Arc Dev. Image Epoch Pub. Atlus Systems: DS MSRP: $34.99
In case you're new to CAG Foreplay, Ship and I LOVE Atlus games. They're typically new, inventive, and highly entertaining. This title is no different and is a combination adventure and strategy game. In parts, you play as the main characters (the Garden Children) trying to defeat the evil witches. In others, you control your troops via the stylus and touch-screen in a grid-based battle system. There are shops to buy weapons from, a witch with large breasts, small shirts, and a giant metal claw arm, AND it's only $35. This title looks like one to pick up ASAP. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
Deep Discount is offering Luminous Arc for $29 shipped.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $34.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Family Video $31.25 (99 cent shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)

Madden NFL 08 Dev. EA Tiburon Pub. Electronic Arts Systems: Everything MSRP: $29.99-$59.99
It's that time of year again. Time to suit up your favorite parolees and probationers in the hopes of getting 16 weeks of good behavior out of them. This year's next gen versions actually seem to have added back in a lot of the features that have been gimped in the past such as a fantasy draft and owner mode. They've also added a weapon system to this year's game because they couldn't possibly think of a more aptly named feature. Maybe they'll add some DUI mini games next year. - ship

Best Deal:
Toys R Us is giving you 50% off another game when you purchase Madden 08. Family Video is saving you a few dollars on a bunch of different versions.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $54.99 (99 cent shipping)
:360: See Ugamer_X's Toys R Us thread $59.99 (50% off a second game of your choice)
:ds: Purchase At Amazon $29.95 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Family Video $26.99 (99 cent shipping)
:ds: See Ugamer_X's Toys R Us thread $29.99 (50% off a second game of your choice)
:gc: Purchase At Amazon $39.95 (Free shipping)
:gc: Purchase At Family Video $34.99 (99 cent shipping)
:gc: See Ugamer_X's Toys R Us thread $39.99 (50% off a second game of your choice)
:pc: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:pc: Purchase At Family Video $34.99 (99 cent shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $44.99 (99 cent shipping)
:ps2: See Ugamer_X's Toys R Us thread $49.99 (50% off a second game of your choice)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Family Video $54.99 (99 cent shipping)
:ps3: See Ugamer_X's Toys R Us thread $59.99 (50% off a second game of your choice)
:psp: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Family Video $35.99 (99 cent shipping)
:psp: See Ugamer_X's Toys R Us thread $39.99 (50% off a second game of your choice)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Family Video $44.99 (99 cent shipping)
:wii: See Ugamer_X's Toys R Us thread $49.99 (50% off a second game of your choice)
:xbox: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:xbox: Purchase At Family Video $34.99 (99 cent shipping)
:xbox: See Ugamer_X's Toys R Us thread $39.99 (50% off a second game of your choice)

Metropolismania 2 Dev. Crave Entertainment Pub. Natsume Systems: PS2 MSRP: $14.99
Yes, there was a Metropolismania. No, it's not a Superman puzzle game (which would be sweet!). It's Sim City with dated graphics and more personal gameplay. Build your city, convince people to live in it, talk to them, and receive gifts. So, if you were looking for Truman Show/Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball minus the volleyball/RollerCoaster Tycoon without the coasters, then this game for the last generation PS2 is yours for only $15! Score! - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
Deep Discount is offering Metropolismania 2 for $14 shipped.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $14.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $14.99 (99 cent shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Deep Discount $13.99 (Free shipping)

Operation: Vietnam Dev. Coyote Console Pub. Majesco Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
This week's podcast version includes a horribly executed Operation board game joke. Water on the Knee? Operation! Yeah, that didn't work in written form either... Well, this is a top-down run-and-gun shooter set in Vietnam. You control a squad of four soldiers of differing skills and blast your way through the jungle. But whatever you do, don't touch the sides! - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Operation: Vietnam.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:ds: Purchase At Family Video $19.99 (99 cent shipping)

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon Dev. Neverland Pub. Natsume Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Harvest Moon turns 10 this year, and Natsume is celebrating by attempting to release games that aren't identical to the game they released 10 years ago. This time they've added a sword, some monster baddies, and some Zelda-ish caves to explore. Yup, you'll be fighting more than just drought this time around. The battle system is real time, so that's not difficult. Plus, instead of raising livestock, you raise monsters. The rest of the farming basics are the same (seasons, hoeing, seed-planting, etc...) Buyers beware: most of the reviews coming out of E3 this year were disappointing - there isn't much use for the touch screen, which makes the controls awful and tedious. And while Natsumi's attempt at something different is evident, it's more like comparing peaches and nectarines than it is apples and oranges. So, save your money, wait for Ship to buy it on Tuesday, and let me fill you in next week. I'll take this one for the team. - mrs. ship
P.S. Peaches have fuzz, nectarines don't :)

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Rune Factory.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Family Video $28.84 (99 cent shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Dev. Atlus Pub. Atlus Systems: PS2 MSRP: $49.99
(Deja Preview) Try saying that title three times fast. Set in a Japanese high school, this PS2 RPG title has a very anime feel to it. Your character fights demons at night but attend school during the day. And if that isn't bizarre enough, your character also has to shoot himself in the head on a regular basis. Warning: the first hour of gameplay is pretty passive, with loads of watching cut-scenes and reading dialogue. Once you get through that, I think you'll find this game well worth the $50 and the disappointment of playing it on a last-gen system. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is offering Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 for $43 shipped.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $41.99 (99 cent shipping)

On The DL with the Shipwrecks

Cratermaze Systems: Wii MSRP: $6
Imagine if Ms. Pac-Man had a love-child with Lolo. But then that jerk Lolo left her and she was lucky enough to meet Lode Runner. Together they raised Cratermaze in an environment that fostered maze exploration and digging holes as a means of self defense. - ship

Ecco the Dolphin Systems: 360 MSRP: $5
Swim around, eat some fish, and try to save the world for the first time (you screw it up though and have to fix everything in the sequel). Or swim around, bump into things, have no idea where you are supposed to go and turn it off. That's at least how I play Ecco. - ship

Hexic 2 Systems: 360 MSRP: $10
I like Hexic HD a lot, and being the achievement whore that I am, the idea of more Hexic is a good one. How does Hexic 2 compare to Hexic HD, you ask? What does the 360 do oh so well? Multiplayer! This time around you can play online against your friends in several multiplayer modes. The downside? It's not free. Worth $10? Yes. With Madden, Bioshock, and Metroid being released in the weeks to come? Maybe not. If your budget is tight right now, wait until a week limited to pet sims and budget WWII titles arrives to purchase this one. - mrs. ship

Metroid Systems: Wii MSRP: $5
The space bounty-hunter game that started it all. Truly an amazing game. - ship

Shining in the Darkness Systems: Wii MSRP: $8
This classic first-person dungeon-crawling RPG features all the staples from the early Genesis era. You've got random encounters, a princess to rescue, turn-based battles, and graphics that are somewhat painful to look at now. If you are looking for a game that inspired Etrian Odyssey, though, Shining in the Darkness is a perfect example. - ship

Did we miss a good sale on a game? Did we miss previewing a game completely? Well, the only way that everyone can know a better deal is out there is to let us know about it. Post deals you've found or games that we missed in the thread so that CAGs can make sure they are getting the absolute best prices on new releases.

I love Randamn the Torpedos
An exclamation by David Farragut, an officer in the Union navy in the Civil War. Warned of mines, called torpedoes, in the water ahead, Farragut said, “Damn the torpedoes! Captain Drayton, go ahead! Jouett, full speed!”

[quote name='shipwreck']
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics Dev. Kuju Entertainment Pub. Atari Systems: PSP MSRP: $39.99
I'd recommend ordering this one online as it's entirely too bright and sunny outside to risk trying to make your first trip into direct daylight this year. The mail carrier will be happy to bring you this turned-based strategy game based upon the 3.5 rule set featuring thirteen different character classes and all the Beholder's you can slay. This actually looks like a decent romp even if you don't have a felt bag full of 20-sided dice. - ship[/quote]
Very interesting...

This remind anyone of "The Temple of Elemental Evil" (PC game) from the now defunct Troika? It's also interesting that both games are published by Atari. I took a look at some of the gameplay videos. Seems like a stripped down and consoleized version of Temple. I wonder if it's a completely new game or based on ToEE in some way? I'd want to know more before buying this game. TOEE was fun, but for the hardest of the hard core DnD players. I remember it taking 20min to resolve a fight with a couple NPC's. It also ran like shit on PC hardware at that time. I can't imagine that would translate to any type of portable gaming.

[quote name='bobthecat23']u guys should give out ur game to cags instead of being selfish[/quote]

Thats really being selfish by keeping games that they paid for. :roll:

EDIT: Sorry to try and correct you ship but the new game on the ipod is from matsuura not miziguchi. Matsuura did pa rapa and vib ribbon and miz made lumines.

Just trying to clear it up.

At least there is a medical professional in the house to take care of the impending salmonella...

[quote name='InuFaye']Thats really being selfish by keeping games that they paid for. :roll:

EDIT: Sorry to try and correct you ship but the new game on the ipod is from matsuura not miziguchi. Matsuura did pa rapa and vib ribbon and miz made lumines.

Just trying to clear it up.[/QUOTE]

Oops. I knew it was from a guy who's games I enjoyed and who's name I couldn't pronounce. I must have just assumed it was the Lumines guy since the menu music is dead on Lumines.

Thanks for the correction.

[quote name='Milkyman']I clicked through to amazon for persona and it shows up at 49.99[/QUOTE]

Hmm... must have raised the price. I'll update the write-up.

Great show. The sound quality is much improved too.
Your fridge is possesed by SATAN. It must be destroyed.

I think by next week, we will have got the sound quality down pat.

I really, really enjoy your podcast. I love the husband and wife banter, and chemistry. I also enjoy the informativeness of it.

Mr. and Mrs. Shipwreck remind me of myself and my fiance when it comes to gaming.

How about adding new download content to the On The DL segment? Such as the new My Chemical Romance songs for Guitar Hero II... for the usual wallet-raping price of 500 points.

I do feel your pain about shutting off the fridge and stuff. I worked for a film festival and we basically lived out of hotels, and we had to do a shoot in the hotel room (because we didn't have anywhere else to shoot the intro movie), and had to keep the air conditioning and everything else off the entire time. In the middle of Florida, in 90 degree weather. And on top of that, because the lighting in the hotel room sucks, we had to have lighting kits blaring on us from a few feet away.

Great fun, but ya, welcome to the world of production.

Great show, but I think you should leave the marital bickering out of the podcast. I used to think that Mrs. Shipwreck was the greateset woman in the world: Not only a gamer, but someone who takes care of animals for a living. Now I have to downgrade you to bickering wife. Do the bickering in private. Let us think you are perfectly happy.

man, i loved mrs. ship's reaction when she heard shipwreck talk about buying the ipod game, hehe

Wait, you call your cat iPod? Did I hear that correctly?
I must say, I wholeheartedly recommend the pink DS Lite. It's so cute, and (as an added perk) it's easy to spot in a pile of other things (like when it's hidden in your bed sheets). And it doesn't show fingerprints too badly. I still recommend a screen protector on it, though. I know a lot of people don't use them, but I swear by them. Another game I'd recommend (just because it's fun and accessible) is Clubhouse Games. I actually got it for my mom when I bought her a DS, and she was hooked (enough that she goes out and buys her own games now). It's not a "hardcore" game but it is a good time. I second the recommendation for Animal Crossing. Zelda, I'm holding off on that until I see what people think about it...I love Zelda in general but hated Minish Cap with a passion.
Operation: Vietnam as a version of the old "board" game "Operation"??? Ship, it's a good thing you're an engineer. I hope you're a lot better with math/engineering than you are with...common sense. I say this of course as an engineer myself (aerospace), and I know how little common sense many engineers have. I, of course, figured it was a war/shooting type game. Remember back in the day when we were younger and they had the WWII games? It's a bit odd to see the games now for Vietnam, too, instead of just WWII...

I may have to pick up D&D Tactics. I wasn't really ever into the pencil and paper stuff (not enough friends who were dorks) but this one is getting really good comments, so I'll probably check it out.

I think if there's one thing I've learned from this show so far, it's that I need to find a gaming significant other. I've never dated a gamer, and with double the game opportunities, I think it'd be more fun. :)

Anyway, another great show as usual, thanks so much for doing it!!

/tk

[quote name='JadedJedi']Great show, but I think you should leave the marital bickering out of the podcast. I used to think that Mrs. Shipwreck was the greateset woman in the world: Not only a gamer, but someone who takes care of animals for a living. Now I have to downgrade you to bickering wife. Do the bickering in private. Let us think you are perfectly happy.[/quote]

We are perfectly happy. But there will always be things about Ship that drive me crazy, and stuff I do that drives him crazy. It's not bickering if you're laughing while you say it! :D

[quote name='terpkristin']Wait, you call your cat iPod? Did I hear that correctly?
[/quote]

Yup, that adorable Siamese is iPod. Ship ordered an original iPod when they came out - we were just dating at the time. On the day the iPod was supposed to come, he dropped me off from our date and was bummed that it never came. But, a small kitten was wandering around the apartment parking lot and he took him in. So, I joked that it was "my iPod" that came, and the name stuck. We also have Mini, a smaller Siamese we got two years ago, and Remo, a tortie named after Remo Williams the Kung-Fu movie guy.

[quote name='JadedJedi']Great show, but I think you should leave the marital bickering out of the podcast. I used to think that Mrs. Shipwreck was the greateset woman in the world: Not only a gamer, but someone who takes care of animals for a living. Now I have to downgrade you to bickering wife. Do the bickering in private. Let us think you are perfectly happy.[/QUOTE]

She is the greatest woman in the world.

Anyone having trouble downloading the latest episode? I've tried several times to d/l it and I keep ending up with a 28 minute episode. It cuts off right in the middle for some reason.

Shipwrecks.jpg

First of all the expression is "Man the torpedoes." Mrs Shipwreck is always right. Why turn off the fridge cant you close the door?

[quote name='Jackal888']Why turn off the fridge cant you close the door?[/quote]

Our new apartment has about 900 square feet of space, about 10.5 of which is kitchen :cry: So, there's no kitchen door and the "dining room", where our only large table surface resides, is located just off the hallway to the kitchen. So, there's no door closing. That must come with the luxury models.

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat as you trying to figure out if I want Heroes of Mana or Luminous Arc or both (or neither) :lol:.

Metacritic is NOT much help with this:

Heroes of Mana: 67/100 average
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/heroesofmana

Luminous Arc: 68/100
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/luminousarc

Kind of funny that the averages are so close. Even more remarkable is that both have wide (and again, similar) spreads in the review scores: Mana has 12 reviews ranging from 50 to 85 while Luminous Arc has 8 reviews ranging from 55 to 85.

Both seem to be love-it-or-hate-it kind of things, so I look forward to your impressions should you get one or both. One thing that might swing people towards Luminous Arc - it has real online capabilites (ie, actual battles) while it appears Mana only has online leaderboards of some sort.

I think the sound problem has less to do with the fridge and more to do with the room acoustics. You may need to hang some tapestries n stuff ( rugs, pillows, etc. ) for sound insulation. I think it would help.

Thanks

Rooney

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']Our new apartment has about 900 square feet of space, about 10.5 of which is kitchen :cry: So, there's no kitchen door and the "dining room", where our only large table surface resides, is located just off the hallway to the kitchen. So, there's no door closing. That must come with the luxury models.[/quote] Did you like the art I made for you Shipwrecks?

[quote name='Jackal888']First of all the expression is "Man the torpedoes." [/quote]

Actually, "Damn the Torpedoes" is a famous phrase from Admiral Farragut, a famous Navy officer from the Civil War.

[quote name='meager']Actually, "Damn the Torpedoes" is a famous phrase from Admiral Farragut, a famous Navy officer from the Civil War.[/quote] "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" Is the full quote. I guess I was wrong.

[quote name='Jackal888']Did you like the art I made for you Shipwrecks?[/QUOTE]

Yes, very nice indeed. I'll see if I can incorporate it in some fashion. Thanks.

It's from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt (last edited in June, I thought it'd be fishy if it'd been edited today or yesterday), but this is what it says about "Damn the torpedoes":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damn_the_torpedoes
Damn the torpedoes is a well-known quotation that has passed into popular culture.
The original quotation was by U.S. Navy Admiral David Farragut during the Battle of Mobile Bay, during the American Civil War. Mobile, Alabama, at the time was the Confederacy's last major port open on the Gulf of Mexico. The bay was heavily mined (tethered naval mines were known as torpedoes at the time). Farragut ordered his fleet to charge the bay. When one ship struck a mine the others began to pull back, but Farragut shouted the order, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" The bulk of the fleet succeeded in entering the bay and the heroic quotation became famous.
I'd never heard the phrase before listening to the 'cast yesterday, I thought they were being goofy. Go figure, I learned something today.

/tk

Ship and/or Mrs. Ship, if you guys want to try out the battle mode in Hexic 2 send me a PM. It doesn't look like a lot of CAGs are picking this up. I tend to have a later gaming schedule than you guys (late night in the Western time zone - I'm probably still up playing when you guys get up for work ;)) so it is hard for us to meet up during regular 360 sessions. But if you send me a PM on CAG while I'm working I can always duck out for a game or two in the early evening. Just let me know...

I think it is a fun game and the battle mode is an entirely new thing. Just a note - it isn't really about controlling the board, though that helps. It is still about creating combos and once you fill up a meter you win. The meter fills up a little with regular combos, even more with emerald and star creation, and also by setting off bombs in the other person's field (I forget if that fills your meter more than, say, star creation does). The bomb part can get quite hectic because if you "combo" them they get sent back to the other person and they can go back and forth several times before blowing up.

First let me say that your show is PHENOMINAL!

Now for my remarks about the show...
The King's Quest game Ms. Shipwreck was referencing is actually King's Quest 7: The Princeless Bride. It has, and always will be, my favorite King's Quest game.

In reference to Mr. Shipwreck saying Touch Detective isn't a good game for the casual female gamer. I LOVE adventure games--and I have pretty much failed at meeting another person who shares my feelings about this genre. So, I took two of my closest friends, sat them down, and introduced them to adventure games. One of these girls had never played anything more than casual games on yahoo.com. The closest thing she came to playing video games was making my other friend play Zelda while she watched. Now, she is going through my entire adventure game collection, finishing one every 1 or 2 days. She ripped through my entire lucas arts collection in about 2 weeks, and is just now starting on Sierra.

In conclusion, buy the woman Touch Detective. She'll appreciate it.

Oh, and one more thing. I would MUCH rather listen to your podcast with the refrigerator in the background, than have you turn it off for better sound quality. Ms. Shipwreck is 100% correct in saying that Shipwreck and CheapyD are insane in suggesting you turn of the fridge. To hell with government websites!!! You're risking fucking salmonella for a fake internet radio show!!!

Good show! They really do get better and better. I do, however, think Cheapy's on crack, as I could not hear your fridge at all last week.

It bothers me that there are people that don't know "Damn the torpedoes!" Are these the same people who say, "It's a doggie dog world out there?"

I think a better name for the segment would be "Depth Charges," as you're diving deep into your collection, hoping for a hit. Plus, depth charges themselves are essentially a random weapon, dropped into the ocean with the hope of hitting the intended target, but no guarantees.

If you're on the fence about Heroes of Mana for $39.99, know that BB will have it for $29.99 next week.

Also, just for future reference, it's DEE-OB-LOW, not DIE-AB-LOW. ;)

Tybee's suggestion about "Depth Charges" is a good one. I like that name more than "Damn The Torpedoes." Why don't you post a list of all the games that you want or Mrs. Ship wants to giveaway?

Great show as always. What was the program you use to catalog your games on your mac? Or was that on Cheapy's show? Thanks!

[quote name='sying']Great show as always. What was the program you use to catalog your games on your mac? Or was that on Cheapy's show? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I use Gamepedia:

http://bruji.com/gamepedia/

Delicious Library is also pretty good, but I prefer the options that I get in Gamepedia.

Good show this week. I'd definitely recommend Piyotama, which you pronounced like a champ, as it's definitely a fitting price since it's only two singleplayer modes and a multiplayer mode along with online rankings. It's simple, but fun and charging $3 for it was a nice move.

The weapons system of Madden isn't anything that makes the game unrealistic, it's more of a good way to show what the best players are good at and making that affect the gameplay in a good way. Now every player doesn't feel like the same guy with a new coat of paint.

bread's done
Back