Cag FOREPLAY complaints

I think it is quite funny when this happens.

I mean come on.. Their BOTH doing a podcast about VIDEOGAMES....

It is definetly funny hearing how shipwreck is buying too many or..too many "crappy" video games. :)

Good shows guys.

Keep it up.

The only complaint I have is that this is Wednesday and the podcast is not up. I saw Mrs. shipwreck on live yesterday playing Beautiful Katamari. If she has time to play, then she has time to record a podcast.

I am not sure if you are kidding, so I will assume that you are not.

If you want to pay the shipwreck's for their podcast, then I'm sure they will be a little more prompt with the updates. Otherwise, they are providing a free service which you should be happy to get, even if it is a few days late.

[quote name='JadedJedi']The only complaint I have is that this is Wednesday and the podcast is not up. I saw Mrs. shipwreck on live yesterday playing Beautiful Katamari. If she has time to play, then she has time to record a podcast.[/QUOTE]

I do have a few complaints, even if this hasn't been a true-to-form complaint post:

1. I don't like the new bumpers. It sounds too much like a bad early 90s shock-jock radio show. It sounds artificial and forced.

2. Sometimes when they're doing previews, they make it sound as-if they've had a lot of hands-on time with the game, and then they mention in passing that they haven't actually played the game, or just the demo.

No big complaints from me - I love the show - but those are two things that get to me sometimes. :)

[quote name='shipwreck']Maybe it's time I finally make a response to this thread. First of all, thank you everyone for your opinions, no matter if they were positive or negative. Secondly, I can see where certain people may find it odd that Mrs. Shipwreck isn't 100% gung-ho on all my video game purchases, but I think we are trying to do something different with our show than the majority of podcasts out there.

We're a site focused on video game shopping, so obviously we care about that and want to have that as a point of emphasis on our show. But we are also a married couple who have to decide what is or isn't a good purchase for our budget. Since I do most of the video game shopping in our relationship, there are going to be times where Mrs. Shipwreck is questioning certain purchases. We're simply not going to be a "Dude-Bro" podcast where we constantly agree about everything.

I think the Mrs. comes off as the bad guy to some of you because she is a voice of reason. She's definitely a gamer, but unlike a lot of us, she wouldn't buy every game out there just because it was cheap. Sure, maybe sometimes we play up the schtick a little too much, but we're just a married couple having a good time talking about video games. We're going to have off shows, or moments that don't fit with what has become the norm for video game podcasts, but we're just stating our opinions.

As far as whether we just suck or not, well that's certainly something we'll have to look into. In fact, we have a team of scientists running extensive tests on that as I write this.

But in the end, we're just trying to offer up some unique content for the CAG community and put something out there that's a little bit different than the hundreds of other podcasts about video games.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with you she's the voice of reason; however, if a game got a so-so review and is $10 I'll most likely give it a chance. That's excluding most shooters mind you.

Yes im kidding, they probably are having some halloween party or some other thing going on. Heck I could probably sum up the weeks releases as follows: The game that you should get this week is Guitar Hero 3. Everything else just wait till it drops in price.

[quote name='Sarang01']I'll agree with you she's the voice of reason; however, if a game got a so-so review and is $10 I'll most likely give it a chance. That's excluding most shooters mind you.[/quote]

If a game got a so-so review, let's say a 5 out of 10, I'm not spending $10 on it. I think there are plenty of good games or better out there that I'll buy that will keep me occupied until the next good game comes along. Except for the PS3 that is; but since mine has BC I can keep on playing the all the good PS2 games that are available.

The show is better than most podcasts out there... yet sometimes I feel that their previews border on being pseudo-reviews. Like another poster said, sometimes it seems that they are reviewing a game when in fact they are merely going by what they've read on the internet. It would help if they mentioned if they've had any hands-on time with the game in question.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']The show is better than most podcasts out there... yet sometimes I feel that their previews border on being pseudo-reviews. Like another poster said, sometimes it seems that they are reviewing a game when in fact they are merely going by what they've read on the internet. It would help if they mentioned if they've had any hands-on time with the game in question.[/QUOTE]

its two people reviewing like 10+ games each week and they have real jobs. I think it's fairly obvious that a lot of the reviews are just what the scuttlebutt is on the internet for that game, which is fine.

[quote name='dave17']I dont know how true the correlation is between you playing video games and your success. I like video games, I like technology and doing pretty well in computing field, but it has nothing to do with me playing video games, that was just something I enjoy doing. If I was making millions and used to play pogs, does that mean that pogs was the reason for my success? Anyways, video games improving problem solving abilities? Think you're trying to strech the correlation a bit, or did those tomb raider puzzles really help you in your IT job? Or maybe it was duck hunt.[/QUOTE]

The correlation is DEFINITELY there. I am sure of it.
Let me expand.. not just actually PLAYING the game.. though thats part of it, its also the gaming culture and all the stuff that goes into it.

Getting consoles, hooking them up. Learning about Audio/video stuff. Troubleshooting it when it doesn't work. Different ways to hook it up. Dealing with change, hacking consoles.
PC gaming, and all the patching, drivers, new hardware, building your own PC, video cards, troubleshooting, running gaming BBS's back in the old days.
I mean I could go on and on.

Point being, gaming has made technology a part of my life and I'm completely comfortable with it. As a result, I have a leg up on people who don't game when it comes to most situations in the SA world.

PLUS, given a small force of heavily armed mercenaries, I'm sure I could take over a small country after only like 2 or 3 tries max.

-Mike

[quote name='dave17']its two people reviewing like 10+ games each week and they have real jobs. I think it's fairly obvious that a lot of the reviews are just what the scuttlebutt is on the internet for that game, which is fine.[/quote]

I still think it'd be nice to have them specify when they've actually played a game, and when they're relaying second-hand information. I know they have jobs, and that they probably aren't getting free pre-release copies, but I think it'd show respect to us as listeners to make it known what they've really played and what they've seen/read/heard.

Just a thought... Again, I love the show (I listen to every episode), and if I didn't like the show, I wouldn't say anything. :D

[quote name='SirMikael']I still think it'd be nice to have them specify when they've actually played a game, and when they're relaying second-hand information. I know they have jobs, and that they probably aren't getting free pre-release copies, but I think it'd show respect to us as listeners to make it known what they've really played and what they've seen/read/heard.

Just a thought... Again, I love the show (I listen to every episode), and if I didn't like the show, I wouldn't say anything. :D[/QUOTE]

I guess you have a point there

[quote name='SirMikael']I still think it'd be nice to have them specify when they've actually played a game, and when they're relaying second-hand information. I know they have jobs, and that they probably aren't getting free pre-release copies, but I think it'd show respect to us as listeners to make it known what they've really played and what they've seen/read/heard.

Just a thought... Again, I love the show (I listen to every episode), and if I didn't like the show, I wouldn't say anything. :D[/QUOTE]

I agree with this and we'll try to make a more concerted effort to specify what we've actually spent time with and what we have just researched. It certainly isn't our intent to deceive people into thinking we've played all these games, so I don't want there to be any confusion.

A very good suggestion.

I just want to chime in with my support for the Shipwrecks. I think it is a great show and I also like the banter. I listen every week and I will continue to listen for as long as you guys keep up the show!

Respect.

bread's done
Back