CAG General Gaming SECRET SANTA! CANCELLED

j-cart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Tis the seasons of being a twightwad! I mean a Cagger! But this time let's do it for each other. PLEASE READ THIS POST IF YOU WISH TO JOIN!

What is Secret Santa j-cart?

Duh, you get to receive a gift from another CAG member while you give one to another! It's basically a gift giving circle jerk. Giving a gift is great, but to also receive a gift is even better! (is that how we suppose to think?)

So j-cart who can join in on this?

Since this is the first time (albeit since I have been here) I think the rules need to be a little restrictive, we don't want scammers trying to ruin our gift giving.

Requirements to join in on the fun:
Requirement 1: Has been a member of CAG during or before 2010 and has a 100% trader rating.
Requirement 2: Is a 2011 member that has joined no later than October 2011 and has more than 5 positive trades.

Only need to clear one of the requirements to join!

Cool j-cart, I fit into one of the requirements. What do I do now?

This is where it gets a bit personal. But I feel that it is necessary for this to properly operate. I will need the follow information PM'ed to me if you wish to join the Secret Santa gift giving (copy and paste this format into the PM). PLEASE post in this thread once you have PM'ed me, saying you have PM'ed me.

*Example*
CAG id: j-cart
Address: 123 Awesome Rd. Kickass City, CA 90001
Wishlist: link us for CAG, amazon, newegg, etc wishlists so that your secret santa has an idea of what to get you.
Requirement:
Willing to ship international:
*Example*

Why do you need my address j-cart?

I need it because your secret santa needs it, under the disguise of it being a secret! Remember that is purely at will, you do not need to join this and give any information if you do not want to. *NOTE* There will be only TWO people that will see your address, me and your secret santa. I WILL NOT be giving out/selling/stalking anyone. I trust my CAG account on this. *NOTE*

So what is our price range?

The minimum price range is $30 (not including shipping). This is seems to have always been a good minimum and it is most definitely not a maximum! If you feel the need to give more, by all means please do!

Since this is the first time I have done a Secret Santa (on CAG that is) I will be capping the amount of people to 16 people. If there is more then I will open it up to 20, but that is the highest I will go for this year. Sign ups will CLOSE on Nov 11th 9pm pacific time.

If possible I would like the help of a moderator for this. There are still terrible people out there I want it to be known that if someone fails to give their gift, I will find you, I will make sure you get banned from CAG and I will employ 4chan on your ass. But this can be avoided if you just be nice this year and give another CAGGER an awesome gift.

More information on secret santa gift giving details once/if there is an actual group.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all fairness, $30 seems a bit high if it doesn't include shipping. I'd feel a bit CAG-er if the min. was $20. I know a lot of my Amazon wishlist items are under $10. Considering I'm the only provider in my family right now...

[quote name='j-cart']If possible I would like the help of a moderator for this. There are still terrible people out there I want it to be known that if someone fails to give their gift, I will find you, I will make sure you get banned from CAG and I will employ 4chan on your ass. But this can be avoided if you just be nice this year and give another CAGGER an awesome gift.[/QUOTE]Sure, no problem. Happy to help.

Though, as you're the one who has all the address info, I'd suggest giving me your address info, just to be safe.

Id be down for this, we are doing this on another forum too.
What is the max and whats the min? just so we are all on the same page

[quote name='SynGamer']In all fairness, $30 seems a bit high if it doesn't include shipping. I'd feel a bit CAG-er if the min. was $20. I know a lot of my Amazon wishlist items are under $10. Considering I'm the only provider in my family right now...[/QUOTE]

Only reason I suggest $30 is because it prevents people from just gift card buying. Once again this is totally up to you the person to join. If we get plenty of people and Everyone agrees that $30 is too high then we might be willing to change it. As of now I will keep it at $30.

[quote name='adriley313']Id be down for this, we are doing this on another forum too.
What is the max and whats the min? just so we are all on the same page[/QUOTE]

Please inform me, what is this other forum? As of right now there is only one thread for this (unless other forum sections under CAG are starting this aswell).

I have the min @ $30 (read the first post, tells you everything) and the max is up to the person on how much they are willing to spend, meaning no MAX, just a minimum.

shrike4242: check your PM.

i meant another forum meaning different website
its an international website that is starting this too and seems fun

as long as its after Nov then im down, may even be able to pick up some gifts for BF/CM
Count me in

[quote name='adriley313']i meant another forum meaning different website
its an international website that is starting this too and seems fun

as long as its after Nov then im down, may even be able to pick up some gifts for BF/CM
Count me in[/QUOTE]

This is for CAG members only. Please read the first post and send me a PM if you wish to join.

[quote name='iamsmart']....he said as he took a sip from the mai-tai his servant held to his lips as he lounged about on his million-dollar yacht.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Mad39er']Damn it, now I want a mai tai.[/QUOTE]

If someone was a great internet detective, they would use that post to their advantage if you join in on the fun :)

[quote name='j-cart']Well this was a bust. Not going to make it happen.

Please close if possible.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was a good idea j-cart...too bad no one else replied I was looking forward to it.

The reason why I started it so early was because we need to give time for people to get and send out gifts.

I do believe the minimum was a tad high (for CAG standards) but if you are shipping something that is only worth 20 bucks, the shipping might end up costing $7+ sometimes. Eitherway, come some other holiday in the future I might try again.

ahhh~!!! why I no see this thread earlier?!?!

Im down! I want j-cart to buy me $30 worth of food from the taco truck!!

Maybe a $25 minimum wouldn't be a bad idea. This is a great idea that I wish I had saw earlier. We should really try this in the future.

[quote name='j-cart']I cancelled it.[/QUOTE]

No problem j-cart, your intentions were in the true holiday spirit...

NOW BURN MY DEMOGRAPHIC INFO!!!!!

ha ha ha

[quote name='Chacrana']j-cart is the grinch who cancelled Christmas[/QUOTE]

whoa whoa. He started this thread...not really sure he is the grinch for wanting to initiate this. It was justified to cancel. Grinch? naw..

But as for you, good sir...
I'm playin.

[quote name='darken']I just stumbled across this now. It is an interesting idea. I think I would've been down for it.[/QUOTE]

Same.

bread's done
Back