CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

My lobby is down... Time for some Captain America. It'll be back in a couple hours for anyone who wants to try the new tracks.

Edit: back up, on Spa again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lobby is now down... my PS3 has had a hard crash three times while sitting in the lobby, so I'm leaving it off when I'm not here. If anyone without the DLC would like to run Spa or Kart Space, just let me know when (and which time zone) and I can fire it back up. I may be on tonight for some more tweaking.

OK, we need to know who is interested in an endurance race on Spa. I would like people who are fairly certain they will show up. We're currently looking at November 19th (Saturday) at or around 7PM EST, perhaps 8PM EST to allow for west coasters. The rules and settings are as follows:

50 laps (about 2 hours)
550PP
4WD
Damage on Weak
Penalties on Weak
Tire wear and fuel consumption are On
Slipstream on High (weak feels as those there's no drafting at all)
Boost on High (as a handicap for people who aren't quite as fast as the leaders)

The current best laptime - 2:16.958

[quote name='SynGamer']OK, we need to know who is interested in an endurance race on Spa. I would like people who are fairly certain they will show up. We're currently looking at November 19th (Saturday) at or around 7PM EST, perhaps 8PM EST to allow for west coasters. The rules and settings are as follows:

50 laps (about 2 hours)
550PP
4WD
Damage on Weak
Penalties on Weak
Tire wear and fuel consumption are On
Slipstream on High (weak feels as those there's no drafting at all)
Boost on High (as a handicap for people who aren't quite as fast as the leaders)

The current best laptime - 2:16.958[/QUOTE]

Isnt 2 hours a bit of an underestimate? I assume your 2:16 was set without wear on, once you factor in the slower lap times and offs due to wear and then the fact it takes about a minute to run a full fuel pit stop, arent you going to be looking at closer to two and a half maybe even three hours?

Id be up for it, but I currently work three jobs, so my schedule is tough to figure in advance.

PS I still think running FGTs would be the most fun.

You bring up a good point about people going off and tire wear...I think 45 laps would be reasonable to see the race completed in about 2 hours.

I'm with Syn's second choice of 45 laps. A 2:30 lap on Spa was easily hit every time. Add boost and even the slowest peeps (including me) should have no trouble doing laps under 2:30, even with the occasional missed chicane. Add a couple minutes of pit time and 45 laps comes in right at two hours.

I'd like to see 10 minutes of "pre-race"... set your lap times, get in a "Groove", whatever. Usual rules of etiquette should apply, enforced penalties are just there to help.

BTW... No one is trying to get any advantage by using Spa, it's just such a great track for this. I'll happily open my lobby for anyone who wants track time but doesn't want to buy the DLC. Post here or message me and I'll slap it up for you... Also, I suspect we'll be having a few weekly races on it before the Endo race.

Some people just don't "get" the Formula GT. I'm one of them... two hours of that would be torture.

I was recompiling the race list for tonight and, uh, have some questions. Here's what I managed to come up with based on the past replies...

Kart (standard) on Kart Space I - 7 laps
475PP ANYTHING w/Racing Soft on Rome - 5 laps (no RMs, no power limiting more than 75%)
560PP Caterham w/Racing Hard on Eiger Short - 5 laps
575PP ANYTHING w/Racing Soft on Trial Spa - 3 laps (no RMs, no power limiting more than 75%)
550PP 4WD w/Racing Soft on Spa-Francorchamps - penalties weak, boost high, damage light - 4 laps

Samba bus and GTvsLM were thrown out. That gives us a five race lineup instead of the usual four. I'm fine with that, just wanted to point it out. But, what the hell is "Trial Spa"? Syn, did you mean Trial Mountain, but just had Spa-Francorchamps on the brain? ;)

Understood. Here's the final race lineup for tonight then:

Race lineup for Sunday, October 30th @ 6 PM PST/9 PM EST:
  • Kart Space I - Standard PDI Kart, not DLCs - 7 laps
  • Rome - 475PP ANYTHING w/Racing Soft - 5 laps (no RMs, no power limiting more than 75%)
  • Eiger Short - 560PP Caterham w/Racing Hard - 5 laps
  • Trial Mountain - 575PP ANYTHING w/Racing Soft - 3 laps (no RMs, no power limiting more than 75%)
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 550PP 4WD w/Racing Soft on - penalties weak, boost high, damage light - 4 laps

I'm pretty much set for the 550 Spa, but I need to set up cars for the others. Depending on my time today, my lobby may be up in the afternoon for tuning and tweaking. Anyone is free to drop in if you see me on.

Well PD screwed me over again.

So as I reported there was a glitch with the endurace races at Tsukuba after 2.0 where after pitting(no matter what speed you went in) and saving, when you came back the car went into B-spec mode and would not pit and continually crash into a wall.

Luckily for me when I first ran into it I had only put about 20 minutes into the race.

So PD releases an update which is supposed to fix the patch. Being cautious, I run 10 laps, save, and reload to see if it works. Works perfectly.

So over the next 2 days I put 2 hours into the 4 hour Miata race, saving twice and no problems. Come to try it again, and bam...game restarts the race from my save and here comes Bob flying off pit road and running laps(instead of crashing) and refusing to pit.

So thats 2 hours wasted with nothing to show for it now.

[quote name='smthng']Understood. Here's the final race lineup for tonight then:

Race lineup for Sunday, October 30th @ 6 PM PST/9 PM EST:
  • Kart Space I - Standard PDI Kart, not DLCs - 7 laps
  • Rome - 475PP ANYTHING w/Racing Soft - 5 laps (no RMs, no power limiting more than 75%)
  • Eiger Short - 560PP Caterham w/Racing Hard - 5 laps
  • Trial Mountain - 575PP ANYTHING w/Racing Soft - 3 laps (no RMs, no power limiting more than 75%)
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 550PP 4WD w/Racing Soft on - penalties weak, boost high, damage light - 4 laps

I'm pretty much set for the 550 Spa, but I need to set up cars for the others. Depending on my time today, my lobby may be up in the afternoon for tuning and tweaking. Anyone is free to drop in if you see me on.[/QUOTE]
Question:
Is there more than 1 caterham in the game? All I have is the fireblade 7. Just curious

[quote name='bearhawk72']Question:
Is there more than 1 caterham in the game? All I have is the fireblade 7. Just curios[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, its the only one. I dont think theyd let you run it for the race, but theres a Suzuki that controls a lot like the larger engined Caterhams.

I have my fingers crossed on getting one of the Zetecs as DLC.

[quote name='bearhawk72']Another question

For the 475 Anything can we use prototypes?

Thinking about running the Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01[/QUOTE]

So long as it isn't a racing mod prototype... ;)

I'm fine if you can't, but if you guys could do caterham first since I dont have it, I.might be able to get in to some races around 8. No promises, so again if you guys don't want to.change order no biggie. I can always buy one, got plenty of credits

[quote name='6er']I'm fine if you can't, but if you guys could do caterham first since I dont have it, I.might be able to get in to some races around 8. No promises, so again if you guys don't want to.change order no biggie. I can always buy one, got plenty of credits[/QUOTE]

It's a fun little car, I'd highly recommend buying it. I believe the PP we're running is stock anyway so buy and race ;)

Excellent racing... Both the Spa and Eiger races were excellent. We need to run the Caterhams again. Btw... That's a reward car for the level 23 A-spec extreme FormulaGT race. I have one shared if anyone wants to mess with it.

My ideas for this week:
American Rivalries:

Vette's and Vipers, 650, laguna seca 5 laps

Mustangs vs Camaros, 550PP, Indy road course, 5laps

I'm fine with splitting them up over two weeks if everyone likes the ideas.

Looks like I'm out the next two weekends. Got family stuff this Sunday and I'll be wheeling next weekend. Catch you when I get back!

Another suggestion to add to my America rivalries ones:

formula GT on spa, 6 laps

And while I'm at it

FF drivetrain, 400 PP, Autumn ring, 4 laps

Since I'm the only one doing suggestions so far

I think i'm going to take this week off. We'll get a solid race line-up posted early next week and then try to organize the Endurance race the following week.

K for those who want, ill run the races tonight. Normal 745 central start time. We will do the four I listed over the week, expect for spa, as I don't have it, we'll run Formula GT at suzuka. If no one is there by 8 I'll assume no one is showing.

I'll post the line up in one post soon,

Starts at 7:45 PM Central, send friend request if you arent on my list and want to race tonight. If no one shows by 8 Central, I'll shut'er down

Vette's and Vipers, 650PP, Racing Soft, laguna seca 5 laps

Mustangs vs Camaros, 550PP, Racing Hard, Indy road course, 5 laps

formula GT, Suzuka, Racing Soft, 5 laps

FF drivetrain, 400PP, Sports Soft, Autumn ring, 4 laps

Guess nothing then. Alright. Realized I didn't have a Vette ready anyway, would have gotten.whipped the first race

[quote name='6er']I'm out forever. BF3 corruption just took my game save. All 60.hours and 15 million credits worth[/QUOTE]
This is the one reason why I like PSN+. All my stuff is stored online and I never have to worry about backing it up. My condolences, BF3 just wiped my HD today as well.

[quote name='6er']I'm out forever. BF3 corruption just took my game save. All 60.hours and 15 million credits worth[/QUOTE]

Ouch. With a game such as GT5 this is exactly why I have my game saves backed up on PSN+ as well as my computer.

EDIT: I'm sure you could grab a save game from someone...

I.have a backup. Problem is its roughly 20 hours of play old. The game will be on its way today for.trade in. I'll do back ups much more often now

So after a week off, everyone ready for some racing tonight? Agent's line-up for last week looks interesting, I'm up for using that if everyone is OK with that...I'll have the room up at 8:45PM EST as usual tomorrow night.

Karts on Kart Space II (short version) - 7 laps
Mustangs vs Camaros, 550PP, Racing Hard on Indy Road Course - 5 laps
FF Drivetrain, 400PP, Sports Soft on Autumn ring - 4 laps
Vette's and Vipers, 650PP, Racing Soft on Mazda Laguna Seca - 5 laps
Formula GT, Stock, Racing Soft on Suzuka - 5 laps

[quote name='SynGamer']So after a week off, everyone ready for some racing tonight? Agent's line-up for last week looks interesting, I'm up for using that if everyone is OK with that...I'll have the room up at 8:45PM EST as usual tomorrow night.

Karts on Kart Space II (short version) - 7 laps
Mustangs vs Camaros, 550PP, Racing Hard on Indy Road Course - 5 laps
FF Drivetrain, 400PP, Sports Soft on Autumn ring - 4 laps
Vette's and Vipers, 650PP, Racing Soft on Mazda Laguna Seca - 5 laps
Formula GT, Stock, Racing Soft on Suzuka - 5 laps[/QUOTE]
MW3 has my attention for the next few weeks. I've been owning bitches left and right.

[quote name='Mad39er']MW3 has my attention for the next few weeks. I've been owning bitches left and right.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for BF3. I'll be online tomorrow night though ;)

[quote name='SynGamer']So after a week off, everyone ready for some racing tonight? Agent's line-up for last week looks interesting, I'm up for using that if everyone is OK with that.[/QUOTE]

Oh, nice timing.

Friggin corrupted data

[quote name='6er']Oh, nice timing.

Friggin corrupted data[/QUOTE]

Ah, completely forgot about your save game loss. We'll postpone the race until next week. Perhaps turnout will be better then anyway.

I'm out... exhausted from all the hard work this weekend and have a crappy connection here at my friend's place...

JeepStack.jpg

bread's done
Back