CAG Grifball Team's Child's Play Charity Drive! $1612.50 raised to date!

Looks like we have an answer on playoffs:

[quote name='LBCountry']Was asked about a while back.

17 votes for split-conference-playoffs
7 votes for combined-conference-playoffs

The conferences will be separated until the finals, by VERY popular vote. [/QUOTE]

Which means SI and Qu09 play a 1 round WC match, and we play the winner in the Semi-Finals. Against SI we have gone 4-5 both on Draekon's host and Zeg's, and Qu09 we flat out stomped 7-2, though they didn't play Mikinater that game.

Either way, it seems we have locked in our #2 seed, and have played well against both teams, I suspect we're going to have a very exciting playoff season.

~HotShotX

I think we would have won that second game against SI had Zeg not pulled host. My god it was so terrible that I'm surprised we managed to actually go 5-4 against them. I can't even count the amount of sword lunges that didn't kill him when they should have as well as that single hammer lunge where he just turned around is bitch slapped me.

Also, HotShot, you (or Kaz) need to get some scrims set up like 1 hour or more before we have the playoffs. I don't want to go into another game with only one decent scrim under my belt like that second game against SI. We need someone who will actually provide us a good challenge for warming up.

(You should change the Giraffes record in the thread title too)

Ok, I have to ask... what the hell time slots did you sign us up for? Sundays and Tuesdays are no go for me, which you probably don't remember despite me reminding you of it about eight dozen times by now. So hopefully you didn't put either of those days as division choices.

Oh and it looks like Kaz is back from vacation.

[quote name='Draekon']
Oh and it looks like Kaz is back from vacation.[/QUOTE]

And nobody was on to play with me :(

Also Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays aren't that good for me

The Cheap Ass Gamer Grifball Team is back and is gearing up for a Fall 2010 Season, which should start in a few days!

We are also raising money for the Child's Play Charity this season, based on our statistical performance. Check out the OP for details, and to find out how you can get involved.

CheapyD himself has pledged to match everything this drive raises, up to $1,000!

~HotShotX

So after a few weeks of delays, switching from the Amateur League to the Pro League, and 4 back-to-back losses, Cheap Ass Gamer is making good on their charity drive for Child's Play.

After 4 games, the CAG Grifball Team has raised $229.00, which, when matched by CheapyD, doubles to a total of:

$458.00

6 Games remain, and so does a lot of potential, both from CAG, and the community. We again encourage the community to pledge or donate to this drive, and help bring video games to sick kids on hospitals who otherwise might not have sometime to help them in their time of recovery.

~HotShotX

Update: 8/26/2010
This week, I made an appearance on the GrifballHUB Podcast to talk about our charity drive , Grifball, PAX, and Reach. You can check out the episode here:

http://www.grifballhub.com/grifball-...zombie-horses/

After 5 games, the CAG Grifball Team has raised $292.50, which, when matched by CheapyD and my employer (who is matching what I personally donate), roughly triples to a total of:

$847.50

5 Games remain, and so does a lot of potential, both from CAG, and the community. We again encourage the community to pledge or donate to this drive, and help bring video games to sick kids on hospitals who otherwise might not have sometime to help them in their time of recovery.

After 8 league games (and a 1-7 record):

The CAG Grifball Team has pledged: $474.00
CheapyD of CheapAssGamer.com will match: $474.00
HotShotX's employer will match: $420.00 (matches HotShotX's portion)

Total raised to date: $1368.00

~HotShotX

After 10 league games (and a 1-9 record), and a finished season:

The CAG Grifball Team has pledged: $561.50
CheapyD of CheapAssGamer.com will match: $561.50
HotShotX's employer will match: $489.50 (matches HotShotX's portion)

Total raised to date: $1612.50

Although CAG's season is over, the drive will continue until September 30th. Donations can be made using the Chip-In widget above, and since the CAG Grifball Team has raised only $561.50, that means that another $438.50 could be raised by the community and be matched by CheapyD of www.CheapAssGamer.com!

Time is running out, so help us capitalize on this opportunity and donate today!

I have just donated my pledged amount of $489.50 to Child's Play. The Chip-In widget should update shortly. Also, my employer will contact CP directly, and match my amount directly. As such, the Chip-In widget will not reflect this amount.

The charity drive is still running through Sept. 30th, and I know GrifballHUB is planning on auctioning off a few RT signed items to benefit the drive. You should check them out, and perhaps make a donation yourself! :)

http://caggbcharity.chipin.com/childs-play-charity

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back