CAG Hawken Group?

Guilty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Why isn't anyone talking about this game!?

You guys call yourself cheap... it's FREE! And REALLY good!

Anything over a 560ti should max this game no probs... anything less should have no trouble with the bells and whistles turned off... it's DX9...

PLAY THIS GAME NOW.

(I am Trvth ingame... if you run into me say hi!)

Sorry to hear it. I am sure there will be a thriving community next year though so no worries there.

:cool:

Really you may wanna give it a shot anyway...

On the lowest settings it's really not a very taxing game. Adhesive went pretty far out of their way to see to that. I believe that most last-gen hardware will run it.

Something along the lines of a Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz or better, an 8800gt and 4 gb ram.

That isn't gonna run it all shiny, but who cares. It's the gameplay that counts, and frankly that is where these guys really nailed it.

I enjoyed what I played of it, but it took FOREVER to find a game. Like, the first time I tried to find a game, I literally let it sit for a good 35 minutes before I said fuck it. I came back later in the day and tried again. The second time it took probably 20 minutes to find a game. Seems fun, but it also seems like there is nobody playing.

[quote name='SEH']I enjoyed what I played of it, but it took FOREVER to find a game. Like, the first time I tried to find a game, I literally let it sit for a good 35 minutes before I said fuck it. I came back later in the day and tried again. The second time it took probably 20 minutes to find a game. Seems fun, but it also seems like there is nobody playing.[/QUOTE]

Day 1-3 were bad news like that. That's any game though amirite? Matchmaking is pretty well fixed now, though there is still no skill matching system implemented (And as such I have been in a few really uneven matches based on skill alone).

Also as far as I know, server browser is coming back ala Alpha 1-CB 1.

That said, you can also select what region you are searching for, so if YOUR region isn't jumping you can search another at the cost of a higher ping. I don't have a 3 second wait searching US East or West, OR UK. For me, in the middle of the United States, the US East server gives me the best pings.

Seriously though I have played about 20 matches tonight alone. No problem with the population (Well unless you wanna go into how hard it is to get some people to play as a team.... But I don't really wanna go there lol).

[quote name='Guilty']Sorry to hear it. I am sure there will be a thriving community next year though so no worries there.

:cool:

Really you may wanna give it a shot anyway...

On the lowest settings it's really not a very taxing game. Adhesive went pretty far out of their way to see to that. I believe that most last-gen hardware will run it.

Something along the lines of a Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz or better, an 8800gt and 4 gb ram.

That isn't gonna run it all shiny, but who cares. It's the gameplay that counts, and frankly that is where these guys really nailed it.[/QUOTE]
I can meet the CPU and RAM specs, but it's the video card that's the problem. The machine I use for gaming (among other things) is a first-gen Mac Pro. It was one of the fastest machines you could buy at the time, but it's also about seven years old now. It can run certain other current-gen PC/Mac games, but Hawken's not one of them.

I already looked into possibly getting a new video card, but given the age of my machine, I figure it'll just be better to get a new computer.

[quote name='blueshinra']I can meet the CPU and RAM specs, but it's the video card that's the problem. The machine I use for gaming (among other things) is a first-gen Mac Pro. It was one of the fastest machines you could buy at the time, but it's also about seven years old now. It can run certain other current-gen PC/Mac games, but Hawken's not one of them.

I already looked into possibly getting a new video card, but given the age of my machine, I figure it'll just be better to get a new computer.[/QUOTE]

I am sure it will still be around, and out of Beta once you CAN play it so no worries.

[quote name='Waughoo']I'm downloading this now, I'll give it a go later.[/QUOTE]

How did it go? Enjoy? It can be a bit offsetting at first if you come up against a really good team. Check the Hawken forums for good starter tips. The Tutorial mission isn't worth the time it takes to play really.

I only had a chance to play one game, and we lost. But it was ok. I didnt like the level we were in though, too small.

[quote name='Waughoo']I only had a chance to play one game, and we lost. But it was ok. I didnt like the level we were in though, too small.[/QUOTE]

Get use to it. All of the levels are "small".

[quote name='j-cart']Get use to it. All of the levels are "small".[/QUOTE]
Well, small yes, but that isn't exactly right. There are close quarters maps, and then there is Bazaar, which is not really.

That said, this game is still in beta, anyway that you slice it. They are getting ready to add more maps near the end of the month.

Also, this game is not meant to be the answer to MWO or something. While tactically paced under the right conditions... say with two organized teams, It is meant to play a fair bit faster, and be more accessible for it.

If it wasn't for the way that the feel of the mech movement sort of separates you from the destruction, or the fact that weapons can overheat under sustained fire, it would just be an outright fps with a mech makeover. Take it or leave it.

The closed beta felt like a slowed down Quake with mech skins where you had to manage cooldowns. As awesome as that sounded, the gear grind bundled with F2P just killed it for me. Either make it cosmetic or just charge me a base price. Don't make me hit the pay wall every other round.

Honestly I am just going to go ahead and assume you spent very little time with the CB. They were giving away MC at that point. Literally no grind. Add to that that even now, the grind is minimal in comparison to even some retail games.

Maybe it's not your cup of tea. That's fine. But spend some real time with it before you jump to conclusions.

[quote name='Guilty']Honestly I am just going to go ahead and assume you spent very little time with the CB. They were giving away MC at that point. Literally no grind. Add to that that even now, the grind is minimal in comparison to even some retail games.

Maybe it's not your cup of tea. That's fine. But spend some real time with it before you jump to conclusions.[/QUOTE]

I guess I wasn't trying to get all the MC. Either way, the game visually looks awesome, but something gameplay wise is falling flat to me. I do have a few codes for MC so whoever wants them, PM me.

bread's done
Back