CAG Killzone 3 Clan/Game Night Thread [4/20 @ 8pm EST]

I'm an evening PST gamer who was in the KZ2 clan for a while. Been busy with work for the last few weeks but am all over gettin back in some Killzone with the cags.

Would love to get in the cag clan and am always up for a game if online.

Feel free to add me.
PSN: Lounges

well, we didnt so good last night. it didnt help that the maps chosen were incredibly hard to attack.

So since this is a clan thread, shouldnt we talk about strategies and best practices? That way, we can test the tactics against randoms and figure out what best suits our playstyle.

For example, for "Operations" in the 'Graveyard' map, as ISA, I play as an engineer, particularly after the map has opened up and you get to go to the second 'machine room' of the crusher. I repair the crates in both rooms and set a turret in the room furthest from the ISA base. Then I prox-mine all the doors so that, in the chance a HIG gets past the turret and any people in the room, as soon as they step in: BOOM.

Conversely, as the HIG on the same map, if it gets to the 'Battery' stage, again playing as engineer, I set up a turret by the core, and make sure I repair the crate near there. Then I try and prox the little 'open-air hallway' near the core on the opposite side from the ammo crate, as I notice that is the route most taken to deliver the first battery. The team only needs to kill the carrier in that area to get him/her to drop the battery. After that a team can concentrate their efforts in protecting the battery. It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel as the ISA cant progress without that battery. A couple of good Marksmen with a couple turrets are a great defense.

Do any of you have class/map/tactics advice?

(I am totally addicted to this game!)

Timezone: PST
What Day/Time suits you? afternoons and Wed/Sat evenings
Want to join the clan? Yes please!
Do you have a Headset? Yep

PSN is xTIABx, feel free to add/join me!

[quote name='peloquin17']wed night would rock.[/QUOTE]
I set it to Wednesday night. Please, if ANYONE wants to host later for PST folks, I'd greatly appreciate it. I wish I could, but I gotta go to bed early for work.

This week's KZ3 Night will have to be rescheduled due to PSN maintenance. UGH :bomb:

***PlayStation Network Maintenance on March 9, 2011***
Answer ID: 312 Product: PlayStation®Network-Network Status

The PlayStation Network will be taken offline for maintenance on Wednesday, March 9, 2011, for approximately 11 hours during the following maintenance window:

Down Time (Start): Wednesday, March 9, 8:00 AM, Pacific Time
Down Time (End): Wednesday, March 9, 7:00 PM, Pacific Time

During this time you may:
Not be able to access the PlayStation®Store
Have difficulty signing in to the PlayStation®Network
Not be able to play online games
See a maintenance page when attempting to access the PlayStation®Network

Note: When you log into the PlayStation Network, a message may appear which states, "the PlayStation Network has been suspended". This does not mean that your account has been suspended; it simply means the PlayStation Network has been taken offline. Please wait until the maintenance window has passed before attempting to connect to the PlayStation Network again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=312

If there is still room I would like to join.

Psn: Hitmandls
Timezone: EST
What Day/Time suits you? Wed/Sat evenings
Want to join the clan? Yes
Do you have a Headset? Not yet - Soon

unfortunately I will not be able to play for a few weeks.... my ps3 died after 4 years.... getting it fixed now...

I will miss the games but hopefully you guys will still be playing once I get it back!

This is a great game, I would like to join the clan if there is room. Also how do you chat online, is it free talk or do you have to press a button?

Timezone: CENTRAL
What Day/Time suits you? WEDS & SUN
Want to join the clan? YES
Do you have a Headset? YES

[quote name='Darknyss']This week's KZ3 Night will have to be rescheduled due to PSN maintenance. UGH :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Go figure. For the next two nights, I have to stay up until 6 AM (EST) in order to get used to my new work schedule. I was looking forward to some Killzone 3 tonight or tomorrow. Looks like I have to wait until next week (unless Thursday night is back on).

I'll check in later or on the PSN.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I saw it at my local 7-Eleven[/QUOTE]
Sorry I should have been more clear. If you collect Slurpee points, you can use those points to "buy" a 24 hour double XP code, which is the link above.
I bought 2. :bouncy:

If anyone wants to have an informal night, I'll be on MP around 8 EST tonight (about 30 mins)

Sorry if anyone was looking for me, I booted up and had to update. Had some good ass rounds though, came in 1st and 2nd in two of them. I must have had at least 20 brutal melees on snowdrift as an infiltrator much to the other teams frustration (well, I would have been salty..) Finally seeing some other maps come up since I don't remember voting ever coming up the first week it was out. I felt cheap as hell using the jet pack though, it's extremely overpowered and unbalances the game in a negative way.

Are we limited to grouping up just 8 at a time for now? I hope they patch in more multiplayer options soon and would love to do a clan match at least once while the game is peaking online.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a question about spending points.

I have 3 points to spend.
Engineer is complete
Tactician on needs the level 3 sentry and the level 3 gun.

should i finish up tactician, or possibly put those points into another class, like medic, infiltrator or marksman?

i played a game as a medic the other day, and it was pretty fun.

[quote name='peloquin17']i got a question about spending points.

Engineer is complete

should i finish up tactician, or possibly put those points into another class, like medic, infiltrator or marksman?

i played a game as a medic the other day, and it was pretty fun.[/QUOTE]
I went to try to check what the level 3 gun is for the tactician but the site wont load up that section for me. Is it the M82? If so get that, amazing gun.

[quote name='QiG']
Are we limited to grouping up just 8 at a time for now? I hope they patch in more multiplayer options soon and would love to do a clan match at least once while the game is peaking online.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, squad size is maxed at 8 people. GG said they are patching in the option for custom games but from what I've read, they will be unranked (no xp).

Also, I've heard the clan match making system takes forever (like 20 min wait). I think Mana is going to try it one time during a CAG Night but I'm not waiting that long just to play another clan.

KZ's online structure was perfect. I'm not sure why they decided to screw it up so much in KZ3.

btw, patch 1.04 should be out now. The details were posted here.

[quote name='Kaoz']I went to try to check what the level 3 gun is for the tactician but the site wont load up that section for me. Is it the M82? If so get that, amazing gun.[/QUOTE]

i think so. i believe its an assault rifle.

i mostly use the shotgun, but it fires so weird. sometimes ill be able to get off 3 rapid shots, and othertimes, i can only do 1, then a half second pause before i fire the second.

[quote name='peloquin17']i got a question about spending points.

Engineer is complete

i played a game as a medic the other day, and it was pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

The medic class is by and far my favorite. It's extremely effective to travel with a teammate and being able to revive on the fly is great. When you level up the skills you can revive yourself (once per life) if you are still mortally wounded when the spawn timer is counted down. NOTHING better than popping up and getting a revenge kill on the guy who didn't finish you off and is looking the other direction. Plus you have a bot that protects your body (not all that great) but the best use of the bot is to alert you of enemies you may not be focusing on while you're running around because it will shoot on its own. The level 3 Primary weapon is pretty BA too if you can adjust to the burst fire (3 rounds per trigger press vs automatically firing through the clip)

[quote name='Darknyss']

KZ's online structure was perfect. I'm not sure why they decided to screw it up so much in KZ3.

btw, patch 1.04 should be out now. The details were posted here.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because tons complained about lack of party and not as easy to get friends together playing. KZ3 seems better suited for groups of friends to play together, while KZ2 was better suited for actual game nights/clan battles.

My goal is to finishing inviting everyone in the thread tomorrow morning. I went out to the slopes tonight and went to bed early on Thursday due to being so tired. Tomorrow I'm staying home mostly and will be on.

If I'm not on KZ3 tonight, it's because I'm having net issues. I tried logging on today, but kept getting 4001 errors. Trying to solve the issue.

EDIT: Net issues resolved, I'll be on tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Great games guys. I decided to give up after getting disconnected 4 times. It seems like I'm always set on the other team when I rejoin.

[quote name='Invin']Great games guys. I decided to give up after getting disconnected 4 times. It seems like I'm always set on the other team when I rejoin.[/QUOTE]
Bah, that sucks. Is it only KZ3 that you have connections issues with?

Sorry i haven't been consistent, wife just got back into town after my deployment so trying to spend time with her. She likes me playing GoW and other games and watch but i plan to get some online Killzone time tomorrow.

can't connect post patch! there were glitches in 1.03 but at least i got to play. plus i get different network errors each time. argh.

[quote name='Darknyss']Bah, that sucks. Is it only KZ3 that you have connections issues with?[/QUOTE]

Seems to be issues with my net. KZ3 online also seems to be very sensitive. My router will go crazy for 2-3 seconds every once in awhile and then flip back to normal. That's enough time to disconnect me from the server, but I'm still connected through PSN. It wouldn't be too frustrating if my stats would save :cry:

bread's done
Back