CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

Hey tanabeo, I'll be back home tonight (not sure if I'll.have time to play though). Were you able to get this week off from work? If not, what's your availability for tomorrow? Looking forward to Saints - Panthers.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hey tanabeo, I'll be back home tonight (not sure if I'll.have time to play though). Were you able to get this week off from work? If not, what's your availability for tomorrow? Looking forward to Saints - Panthers.[/QUOTE]

I got the week off and im free most of it just tell me a time

[quote name='Tanabeo']I got the week off and im free most of it just tell me a time[/QUOTE]

Great! How's 9 pm est (tomorrow) sound for you? We can probably plan on that being the last game.

[quote name='KasterDB']Mighty Broncos nothin', I was 3-8 going into that one :lol:

Your defense really tightened up after my opening drive. I really was only close to scoring one other time when I missed that long field goal. The kickoff return helped, but it just helped hide the fact that my offense was just miserable. Good game, man.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure why your O-line decided not to block for you after the first quarter. I did start calling some blitzes, but I've never had much luck with those — especially against someone who can read coverage as well as you can. Usually when I call a blitz, I just get burned.

It did really help that I was able to get some yards on the ground in the second half. As you probably saw, my passing needs quite a bit of work!

If campbellbj1 can't or doesn't care about using the Ravens can anyone else step in either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon?

I think we're playing later, but I just want to have a backup plan.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Great! How's 9 pm est (tomorrow) sound for you? We can probably plan on that being the last game.[/QUOTE]

sounds good

I am calling it quits, I'll see some of yall in the main league, but I am done with this one. Glad I joined as this got me interested in league play. However, I can barely stand playing anymore, and want to cut down some. Thanks for the fun times.

I'm really disappointed with the amount of people that have stated their desire to quit in the middle of a season lately. I can understand people getting "burned out" on Madden, but let's not ignore the giant elephant in the room. The people who have done this have not had the same level of success they had in season one. It's not really fair to those who are doing well this season. If the same thing had happened last season, we wouldn't even have gotten to the point we're at now. Again, I can understand losing interest, but I wish people would at least finish out the season for the benefit of their leaguemates.

Also, I've heard from a few people that they've had some trouble scheduling their games. We've had a couple new members join recently, and I just want to make sure they know the general procedure for getting games set up. The preferred means of communication is through private message. Pretty much everybody has it set up so they receive an email notification when they get a PM. For people who have email on their phones, this becomes even more effective. You should also be checking in on the thread regularly. archie971 hasn't posted in here since 4/1. When stuff like this happens, people start to wonder if you're even still in the league. Even if you are actively reading the thread, making a post every so often just lets people know that you're around.

I know some people might think sending XBL messages is a good form of communication...and it is better than nothing...but for people with a wife and kids, a job, school, other responsibilities, or even just other gaming systems, we might not turn our 360's on for a day or two...but people pretty much always check their email. I just want to make sure everybody has every opportunity to get their games scheduled, especially considering we're moving into the territory of playing CPU games now. That said, any game that is not played by the day of the deadline is subject to being a CPU game. Don't let the computer decide your fate!

This message brought to you by
images

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I'm really disappointed with the amount of people that have stated their desire to quit in the middle of a season lately. I can understand people getting "burned out" on Madden, but let's not ignore the giant elephant in the room. The people who have done this have not had the same level of success they had in season one. It's not really fair to those who are doing well this season. If the same thing had happened last season, we wouldn't even have gotten to the point we're at now. Again, I can understand losing interest, but I wish people would at least finish out the season for the benefit of their leaguemates.

Also, I've heard from a few people that they've had some trouble scheduling their games. We've had a couple new members join recently, and I just want to make sure they know the general procedure for getting games set up. The preferred means of communication is through private message. Pretty much everybody has it set up so they receive an email notification when they get a PM. For people who have email on their phones, this becomes even more effective. You should also be checking in on the thread regularly. archie971 hasn't posted in here since 4/1. When stuff like this happens, people start to wonder if you're even still in the league. Even if you are actively reading the thread, making a post every so often just lets people know that you're around.

I know some people might think sending XBL messages is a good form of communication...and it is better than nothing...but for people with a wife and kids, a job, school, other responsibilities, or even just other gaming systems, we might not turn our 360's on for a day or two...but people pretty much always check their email. I just want to make sure everybody has every opportunity to get their games scheduled, especially considering we're moving into the territory of playing CPU games now. That said, any game that is not played by the day of the deadline is subject to being a CPU game. Don't let the computer decide your fate![/QUOTE]

I might piss and moan about a lot of things, but this is one I agree on. I've now completed four seasons between the two leagues and have only had a winning record in one, but I take my losses and press on. I'm debating what I want to do for upcoming seasons too, but I believe that I should at least ride it out and deal with it between the seasons.

I'm making the commitment to finish out this season. That being said, Nate, can you boot Archie so I can play my game? No communication whatsoever, and I just want to get it done.

[quote name='lyric706']I'm making the commitment to finish out this season. That being said, Nate, can you boot Archie so I can play my game? No communication whatsoever, and I just want to get it done.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'll get on and do this now.

EDIT - Actually, no I can't. Kaster still has commish duties. Really, you probably should have been talking with him about it since he's been in charge. I'll PM Kaster though, so hopefully he can boot archie for you before he promotes me back.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Am I good to go ahead and play the CPU for Packers-Raiders? I Pm'ed DVO, but never heard back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'll sub a game right now if someone needs me too. It's 10:30 EST and I'll stay around till like 11.[/QUOTE]

This sounds good to me if you guys can hook up. If not, yeah, pitfall, just play the CPU whenever you need to. I'm basically thinking from this point forward, the procedure for games should look like this:

Day 1 (or even day before): Contact opponent
Day 2: Contact opponent again
Day 3 (with no communication): Ask for a sub
Day 4 (with no communication or offers to sub): Play CPU

Does that seem reasonable to everybody? I figure with a 4 day advancement, your opponent should AT LEAST be in touch within 48 hours. If there has been no communication by day 3, looking for a sub shouldn't be too shocking. And that leaves the day of the deadline to just make sure the game gets played. Thoughts?

Done and done. Welcome back Nate! :D I find it funny that people started to get really fed up with secondaries as soon as you left, lol.

LOL...seriously. Apparently, my pimphand was needed to keep everyone in line, haha j/k. Honestly, secondary teams SHOULD be the first thing to go. They served a great purpose, and really helped us make the league feel full without having to manage 32 different personalities/schedules/means of communication. I very much want to see season 2 finished as strongly as possible just because I think it's only fair to everyone who suffered through a bad season in season one.

As for the future, I'd really like to do a 3rd season (maybe even with longer deadlines if people wanted something more relaxed) for people who just want to keep up with the game, and are ok with playing some CPU games. At least this would allow those who are still interested to continue to grow their team and work on their skills before Madden 13 comes out. I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has any other ideas.

[quote name='campbellbj1']How many games we got left before we advance? How did the packers game end up?[/QUOTE]

Packers hold on after a furious combo of an Oakland comeback and a sick, moody toddler who couldn't decide if she wanted on or off my lap. She got mad because I was looking at her, and then she got pissed because I was looking at the TV and not at her. :lol:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Packers hold on after a furious combo of an Oakland comeback and a sick, moody toddler who couldn't decide if she wanted on or off my lap. She got mad because I was looking at her, and then she got pissed because I was looking at the TV and not at her. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I read that as "moldy" the first time and I was grossed out. :lol:

I tried to play my game earlier. Got all the way to the end of the fourth, and the server disconnected. Tried to start over, but it kept happening.

I am actually sick with the flu, so I cannot try again. Just sim it!

The much anticipated Panthers vs Saints game is about to kick off!

EDIT - Or not...Tanabeo's in Netflix and has been away for 10 minutes. I've only got about an hour, so this game needs to start soon.

EDIT 2 - 26 minutes late for our scheduled time and away for 30 minutes...I'm about to just play the CPU. I realize that's messed up to do to an undefeated team, but it's also messed up to waste somebody's time when they have little gaming time as it is. My wife stopped grading papers, so she could watch the baby while I sit on XBL waiting on somebody to decide that they feel like showing up. Not acceptable.

EDIT 3 - Hate that it went down like this, but I pulled out a 6-0 victory against the CPU. Not happy about winning this way, but after sending an XBL message, a PM on CAG, waiting around 30 minutes, and even messaging Kaster to ask his advice, I don't see what else I could do. Sorry, Tanabeo. I hope whatever caused you to miss wasn't anything serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I'm really disappointed with the amount of people that have stated their desire to quit in the middle of a season lately. I can understand people getting "burned out" on Madden, but let's not ignore the giant elephant in the room. The people who have done this have not had the same level of success they had in season one. It's not really fair to those who are doing well this season. If the same thing had happened last season, we wouldn't even have gotten to the point we're at now. Again, I can understand losing interest, but I wish people would at least finish out the season for the benefit of their leaguemates.[/QUOTE]

It is up to each person to believe what they will, but of the games I played this year, I was 7-2, which puts me at about the same level of play that I had the first year. During my first leave for two weeks, things changed a bit for me. When I came back, I didn't have the same thrill of playing and it lessened with each week to the point where I played pitfall, who I always enjoyed playing and I hated it. On top of that, my 8 month pregnant wife is now 9 months pregnant and ready to deliver any day now. I would have taken a break for awhile anyhow and likely been more limited in my scheduling, which was already a bit tight.

But again, all that aside, if anyone thinks I am leaving because I was not having the same success, then look at this. I played 9 games for ATL this year and won 7. I am pretty happy with that. If I was obsessed with winning or my personal success, why didn't I post all my stats when I did win or why would I not try to run up the score more? I never played for stats. I never looked at my stats. I didn't care much beyond playing some sim ball in a friendly competition with some cool people on this board. I definitely wanted to win, but not to the point of rage quitting because I was 7-2. I didn't walk away from the other league just as I positioned myself as the favorite for the wild card with 2 games remaining because I was upset with losing either.

When I won, I put it behind me. When I lost, once I walked away from the XBox and computer, it also was behind me. I have too much else going on to really think of it other than a good time to relax, unwind and play similar minded people in a game where it is too hard to find good players in random matches.

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a blast the rest of the way.

All right, we have advanced to Week 14. A few games went unplayed that shouldn't have. Jets vs Dolphins and Eagles vs 49ers. Not going to get into league policy this late at night. People should know the rules by now.

As for the "people quitting in the middle of a season" issue, it was clearly directed at more than a single person. Nobody needs to defend their actions. It was just disheartening to see 3-4 people use the same argument within a 2 week timespan. I can't force anybody to stay in the league though. Regardless, we'll be moving forward, and I encourage those who wish to continue to persevere, and we'll just keep going.

Here are the summaries for the past two weeks while I was away.

Week 12 Summary

Power Rankings
1. Carolina Panthers
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. New England Patriots
4. Kansas City Chiefs
5. Atlanta Falcons

Offensive Player of the Week
Reggie Bush, MIA - 7 att, 169 yds, 2 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Shaun Rogers, DEN - 9 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF

Week 13 Summary

Power Rankings
1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. New England Patriots
3. Carolina Panthers
4. Atlanta Falcons
5. Dallas Cowboys

Offensive Player of the Week
Ray Rice, BAL - 28 att, 225 yds, 4 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Tyvon Branch, OAK - 7 tackles, 4 sacks

Week 14 will be due by 4/15!

Also, just want to add, from this point forward, strikes are going to be more strictly enforced. Since we're allowing games against the CPU now, there's no excuse for a game not getting played. Both the Jets and the Eagles got free wins this week. With tight division races going on all around the league, that kind of stuff just isn't fair. The CPU is no slouch. At least playing against them is earning a win, as opposed to just being handed one.

Whew! Finally got a POW! Granted it was with my secondary team in a losing effort no less, but at least I got one.

I really thought Cedric Griffin would have gotten Def. POW three picks two of them pick 6's but alas it was not to be.

Adrian Peterson comes back this week, so here comes the pain lol. I can't believe I held it together without him for so long. Time to gear up for the playoff run.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']This sounds good to me if you guys can hook up. If not, yeah, pitfall, just play the CPU whenever you need to. I'm basically thinking from this point forward, the procedure for games should look like this:

Day 1 (or even day before): Contact opponent
Day 2: Contact opponent again
Day 3 (with no communication): Ask for a sub
Day 4 (with no communication or offers to sub): Play CPU

Does that seem reasonable to everybody? I figure with a 4 day advancement, your opponent should AT LEAST be in touch within 48 hours. If there has been no communication by day 3, looking for a sub shouldn't be too shocking. And that leaves the day of the deadline to just make sure the game gets played. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

If your opponent is an open team, what's the protocol? Still look for a sub? Only reason I'm asking is that with so many people getting burnt out, would it be better to minimize time commitment at this point?

I discussed this with n8 a week or two ago, but I don't think I ever posted it here. I'm dropping Jacksonville as my secondary, and will be picking up the Steelers as my new secondary for the rest of the season.

Giants 35 - Cowboys 13

Didn't think it was possible based on how shitty I started the season, but the NFC East Crown is in the Giants reach.

GG DVO

[quote name='lyric706']If your opponent is an open team, what's the protocol? Still look for a sub? Only reason I'm asking is that with so many people getting burnt out, would it be better to minimize time commitment at this point?[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying, but I think asking for a sub is still reasonable. Some people still want to play extra games, and you never know who may be on when you post, or who's just bored. It's not like it takes much time/effort to play the CPU anyway, so getting that done the last day or two shouldn't be a big strain on anyone. I don't think anyone would be upset if you just decided to play the CPU on day 3 against an open team though.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I discussed this with n8 a week or two ago, but I don't think I ever posted it here. I'm dropping Jacksonville as my secondary, and will be picking up the Steelers as my new secondary for the rest of the season.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'll make sure the OP is up to date and reflects this. At this point, anybody willing to continue playing games beyond their primary team is a vital part of this league, and is greatly appreciated.

At this point, anybody willing to continue playing games beyond their primary team is a vital part of this league, and is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I'm still holding the Chargers down. Gates is a BEASTTTT

[quote name='staticz']Same here. I have no problem playing as the niners, no one contacted me last week[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was on the Eagles owner, N3XTLVL. He's been posting in this thread more, but I don't know why he has difficulty contacting his opponents. This is one of the reasons strikes are going to be strictly enforced from this point forward. He got a free win for it and is now tied for 1st in the NFC East. Considering there are multiple options for getting games played (secondary owner, sub, CPU), this doesn't need to happen again.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, that was on the Eagles owner, N3XTLVL. He's been posting in this thread more, but I don't know why he has difficulty contacting his opponents. This is one of the reasons strikes are going to be strictly enforced from this point forward. He got a free win for it and is now tied for 1st in the NFC East. Considering there are multiple options for getting games played (secondary owner, sub, CPU), this doesn't need to happen again.[/QUOTE]

I've had problems contacting him myself. He always says contact me here (in the thread) or Xbl? I'm kinda thinking the dude doesn't understand simple things.

"Im gin a send you a PM"
"Ohh ok great just message me in the forums!"

[quote name='Docb9110']I've had problems contacting him myself. He always says contact me here (in the thread) or Xbl? I'm kinda thinking the dude doesn't understand simple things.

"Im gin a send you a PM"
"Ohh ok great just message me in the forums!"[/QUOTE]

Well, we don't need to turn this into a witch hunt. But one of the last things he posted in here was this.

[quote name='N3XTLVL']Ill be on tonight if anyone needs a sub or to play my eagles game. Hit me up anytime.N3XTLVL[/QUOTE]

There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding that he needs to actually reach out and contact his opponent...ESPECIALLY when he's matched up with a secondary team (like this past week). Just saying "Hey, I'm on...come find me" just doesn't work. These are simple rules that everyone has been following from the beginning. We don't need to make a big deal out of them. They just need to be followed.

[quote name='lyric706']OK, anyone want to sub as the Cardinals against me this week?[/QUOTE]

You like to play late, so Saturday is the earliest that I could do it.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You like to play late, so Saturday is the earliest that I could do it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if Saturday would work for me. Can anyone do tonight?

[quote name='lyric706']Not sure if Saturday would work for me. Can anyone do tonight?[/QUOTE]

I need a sub tonight too if possible maybe we can back to back? You sub for Tampa Bay and I sub for Cards. I have a game at 6:30CST in the official league I could play right after that or we could start at 5 and I could play back to back to back lol. let me know

bread's done
Back