CAG Left 4 Dead Steam Group

How do people feel about the melee fatigue in versus? It looks like on the official forums the hate threads are overwhelming

People whine about everything. Corner/closet camping is still viable: it just requires a little more coordination now (two melee, two cooldown). I just find myself shooting Hunters now instead of meleeing them to death.

can I get an invite?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/KomradKrome

I'm at the point where Normal difficulty is getting to be a little too easy, but still fun. I just want to join some games where people want to have fun and stay together as a group, not get all pissy if someone makes a mistake, and not play with someone who just rushes the map.

Man, how did I not notice this thread?

Everyone add me, I'd love to play with you guys. I only play expert though. If anyone needs help I'll play on easier difficulties but I prefer to play on expert.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sosofresh

Me and my friend had just beat No Mercy expert (just the 2 of us with 2 ai) the other night. Would have been alot easier with 2 more people ;)

Hey, is anybody interested in trying to get a CAG Versus match setup tonight?

Although I might be on earlier, I will definately try to be on from around 8PM-10PM CST.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey, is anybody interested in trying to get a CAG Versus match setup tonight?

Although I might be on earlier, I will definately try to be on from around 8PM-10PM CST.[/quote]

I would try but stop shooting the black dude even if he looks like a zombie sometimes.

My highest time is around 6 minutes on Last Stand. Then a Smoker pulled me off the roof before a Tank bitch-slapped me into the lake. :(

My team got destroyed on the roof of the Lighthouse. The railings break easily and the Tank can easily smack you off. Most of the walls in the Lighthouse get destroyed too. I think going from room to room would be the best strategy since there are so many throwables/flammables/explosives.

Survival mode is intense. Multiple Smokers/Hunters are insane: synchronized pounces/snags can easily kill you. Thank goodness the AI is pretty bad.

I love this new survival mode. I'm loving slight additions to Dead Air and Death Toll for versus even more, though.
For survival, best time I've had so far is 13:14 on the hospital level when playing with a few friends. We haven't had anything close to that since.
The generator room's a pain in the ass. We almost made it 4 minutes.

I'll probably be picking up left 4 dead pretty soon. Going to wait for school to finish before getting what seems like a really fun game that would suck a lot of my time. Gonna pick it up from Amazon, mainly because I'm old fashioned and like having the physical copy of the game.

Do a lot of CAGs get on?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Do a lot of CAGs get on?[/QUOTE]

You're posting in the CAG L4D Steam group thread. There are about 100 members in that group so i would assume people would be willing to play.

So i tried survival mode out last night and holy crap is it tough. On Last Stand everybody usually goes for the top of the lighthouse but that usually ends in disaster when a smoker or a tank shows up. Think my best time is about 3 minutes or so?

11:24 on Dead Air Terminal and 8:28 on Last Stand are my best times so far (both in pub games). the last 2 minutes of that 8:28 run was just me and one other dude owning shit from the bottom lighthouse platform. good times.

Anybody hear anything about a price drop or sale in conjunction with the update? I'd love to get in on this but $40 is a bit steep. Amazon has it for $26 but I'd rather get it through Steam and just download it.

[quote name='speedracer']Anybody hear anything about a price drop or sale in conjunction with the update? I'd love to get in on this but $40 is a bit steep. Amazon has it for $26 but I'd rather get it through Steam and just download it.[/QUOTE]

They dropped the price to $40 for the update. It was $50 before last saturday or sunday. So i wouldn't expect to see it go any lower on steam for a while. Just an FYI, you can activate retail copies on the PC version of L4D on steam.

[quote name='speedracer']Anybody hear anything about a price drop or sale in conjunction with the update? I'd love to get in on this but $40 is a bit steep. Amazon has it for $26 but I'd rather get it through Steam and just download it.[/QUOTE]

Getting it through Amazon is the EXACT same thing as buying it from Steam. It simply takes a few days to get it. It will be linked to your account, you will still play it through steam and be able to download it forever for free.

Can I get an invite? I got L4D about 2 weeks ago been playing on expert, getting better but still a little rusty.

EDIT : steam id - avidwriter

bread's done
Back