CAG LSAT/ Law School Advice

michaema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Are there any legally minded CAGs out there. I am planning on taking the December LSAT and was wandering if anyone had any preparation advice. Any help would be appreciated.

Practice practice practice. That's really all there is to it. The LSAT is completely pointless and is a terrible indicator of how well you will perform in law school (just like law school is a terrible indicator of how well you will perform in the real world). I took a course primarily to have access to all of the past exams and answers. The actual course was useless. I did 30 exams leading up to the day of the test (1 per day) and reviewed all of the answers and explanations. I went from a 142 taking it cold with no prior knowledge of what to expect on the test to a 161 on game day which isn't too bad, IMO. That's really all there is to it.

Good luck and let me know if I can help.

At the very least, get some of the books. There are definite strategies and patterns on the LSAT, so studying is absolutely required. That said, it's an odd test, because it doesn't really test knowledge, but instead your thought process. I will concur with Javeryh that the LSAT is worthless to know how well you will do in law school. It's a hoop to jump through, nothing more. I will admit I didn't exactly study as hard as many people did for it. I only purchased the Kaplan book and took some of the practice tests on the LSAT website, but I still did well enough on the test to get into Vanderbilt (I got into some higher ranked schools as well, but I liked Vandy better). I think the main preperation that is neccesary is simply being able to recognize exactly what kinds of questions you will be facing, and what those questions are actually asking. That just takes practice, and you should start as soon as possible. Best of luck.

bread's done
Back