CAG Madden 09 League #2 - CLOSED

Jagged Toaster

CAGiversary!
From the Commissioner's Desk
Updated 10/02

As of 10/02/08, this league will no longer be operating. I am sorry for any inconvenience this causes any of you. I have many reasons as to why I've decided to do this, and I thought over it for awhile.

Have a great rest of the season.

Archived Data:

Teams

(Team - CAG Name / Gamertag) (Click CAG Name to send PM)

- AFC East -

(1-1) New England Patriots - Jagged Toaster / Jagged Toaster
(1-0) New York Jets
(0-3) Buffalo Bills - Ammowasted / Ammowasted
(1-0) Miami Dolphins - gregbales / Greg Bales

- AFC West -

(1-1) Denver Broncos - Azumangaman / Azumangaman
(0-2) Kansas City Chiefs - xpacdos / KAngleBday
(3-0) Oakland Raiders - halo_pwner007 / drmbaseball77
(1-1) San Diego Chargers - The Chop Suey / The Chop Suey

- AFC North -

(1-2) Cincinnati Bengals - soliddragon / soliddragon
(1-1) Cleveland Browns - Ultimate Matt X / Ultimate Matt X
(0-2) Pittsburgh Steelers
(3-0) Baltimore Ravens - sstyler24 / sstyler24

- AFC South -

(1-2) Houston Texans - ivanctorres / ICT EsqGamer
(3-0) Indianapolis Colts - Tolmes / II ToLmEs II
(2-1) Jacksonville Jaguars - Soodmeg / soodmeg
(2-1) Tennessee Titans - neworlbush25 / neworlbush25

- NFC East -

(0-3) Dallas Cowboys - talonthrawn / Spartans FTW
(0-2) New York Giants - IvanHood / Ivan Hood
(2-1) Philadelphia Eagles - shinryuu / awwjayzin
(0-1) Washington Redskins

- NFC West -

(1-1) Arizona Cardinals
(1-2) San Francisco 49ers - DestroVega / DestroVega
(1-2) Seattle Seahawks - BuddyHenika / I Am Miroki
(3-0) St. Louis Rams - n8rockerasu / n8rocker82

- NFC North -

(1-2) Chicago Bears - Plutarski / BlackSunshine
(1-2) Detroit Lions - itlnstln / HotItlnStln
(3-0) Green Bay Packers - BigAT / BigAT4
(0-2) Minnesota Vikings

- NFC South -

(1-1) Atlanta Falcons - pogipinoy27 / fredsterific
(0-2) Carolina Panthers - Wanderlai / Wanderlai
(2-0) New Orleans Saints - Matt Young / X Matt Young X
(2-1) Tampa Bay Buccanears - Derwood43 / Derwood43

Week 1 Results - 2 Games Remaining

Redskins @ Giants
Lions @ Falcons (14-7 Falcons)
Bengals @ Ravens (40-7 Ravens)
Seahawks @ Bills (24-11 Seahawks)
Jets @ Dolphins
Chiefs @ Patriots (14-7 Patriots)
Buccanears @ Saints (17-7 Saints)
Rams @ Eagles (Rams 22-14)
Texans @ Steelers (13-7 Texans)
Jaguars @ Titans (26-21 Jaguars)
Cowboys @ Browns (6-3 Browns)
Panthers @ Chargers (10-0 Chargers)
Cardinals @ 49ers (13-0 Cardinals)
Bears @ Colts (42-0 Colts)
Vikings @ Packers (24-21 Packers)
Broncos @ Raiders (42-28 Raiders)

Week 2 Results
- 1 Game Remaining

Packers @ Lions (23-0 Packers)
Bears @ Panthers (28-7 Bears)
Giants @ Rams (14-7 Rams)
Saints @ Redskins (10-0 Saints)
Bills @ Jaguars (39-7 Jaguars)
Titans @ Bengals (24-7 Titans)
Raiders @ Chiefs (Raiders 20-7)
Colts @ Vikings (Colts 35-10)
Falcons @ Buccaneers (17-14 Buccaneers)
49ers @ Seahawks (20-17 Niners)
Chargers @ Broncos (21-18 Broncos)
Patriots @ Jets (24-3 Jets)
Ravens @ Texans (26-0 Ravens)
Dolphins @ Cardinals (35-14 Dolphins)
Steelers @ Browns
Eagles @ Cowboys (17-7 Eagles)

Week 3 Results - 7 Games Remaining

Cardinals @ Redskins
Bengals @ Giants (33-31 Bengals)
Chiefs @ Falcons
Raiders @ Bills (34-16 Raiders)
Buccaneers @ Bears (21-0 Buccaneers)
Dolphins @ Patriots
Texans @ Titans (34-10 Titans)
Panthers @ Vikings
Rams @ Seahawks (28-0 Rams)
Lions @ 49ers (7-0 Lions)
Saints @ Broncos
Steelers @ Eagles (17-0 Eagles)
Jaguars @ Colts (25-23 Colts)
Browns @ Ravens (22-10 Ravens)
Cowboys @ Packers (24-22 Packers)
Jets @ Chargers

Week 4 Schedule

Falcons @ Panthers
Browns @ Bengals
Texans @ Jaguars
Broncos @ Chiefs
49ers @ Saints
Cardinals @ Jets
Packers @ Buccaneers
Vikings @ Titans
Chargers @ Raiders
Bills @ Rams
Redskins @ Cowboys
Eagles @ Bears
Ravens @ Steelers
BYE WEEK: Lions, Colts, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Seahawks

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 1 Schedule - Games need to be completed by Sunday, August 24

Redskins @ Giants
Lions @ Falcons
Bengals @ Ravens
Seahawks @ Bills (24-11 Seahawks)
Jets @ Dolphins
Chiefs @ Patriots (14-7 Patriots)
Buccanears @ Saints (17-7 Saints)
Rams @ Eagles
Texans @ Steelers
Jaguars @ Titans
Cowboys @ Browns (6-3 Browns)
Panthers @ Chargers (10-0 Chargers)
Cardinals @ 49ers (13-0 Cardinals)
Bears @ Colts
Vikings @ Packers (24-21 Packers)
Broncos @ Raiders (42-28 Raiders)
Byes: None

[quote name='the_deej']thats funny how you pick the pats OP

unless there is a draft, in which case i would join[/quote]

They actually are my favorite team, pre-Super Bowls. I liked their helmets as a kid. Stuck with them ever since. If all of you really have a problem with it, I would be willing to go with the Bengals instead.

Also, there would be no fair way to do a draft. Its first come first serve.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll try out a team other than the Packers.

San Diego Chargers
Gamertag: X Matt Young X[/quote]

you bitch. lol jk

the chop suey
n o saints i guess...

Is a gold membership needed for this? If silver is sufficient, I'd be interested. I haven't bought a new football game since ESPN 2k5 so I probably won't be too good but I think this would be fun. If all that's cool, let me know.

gamertag: anoobisawaits
team: Carolina Panthers

Im down for some of this action

tag: soliddragon
team: dolphins .. i know i know, but if they've been taken, hook me up with the Bengals

Everyone is added in.

I thought of a cool new idea, and I'm adding links to everyone's CAG name, and if you click it, it will take you to a page to PM that person, to help set up games. This way you don't have to go looking for your opponent every time.

I'm also going to try to make a banner for my signature and the top of the thread sometime this week.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Just saw that desaras wants the Panthers. Crap.[/quote]

I already talked to him, and since you need a Gold subscription to play, he won't be able to join us. I'll sign you up.

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']I already talked to him, and since you need a Gold subscription to play, he won't be able to join us. I'll sign you up.[/quote]

Yea, I hate I can't play with ya'll but this is really the only game that I would use the gold membership for. Do the Panthers proud Wanderlai!!

[quote name='deszaras']Yea, I hate I can't play with ya'll but this is really the only game that I would use the gold membership for. Do the Panthers proud Wanderlai!![/QUOTE]

Thanks and I'll give it a shot. I know Steve Smith is suspended for the 1st 2 games. We are going to ingnore that little mishap, arent we?

Hi. I have a couple suggestions.
First, If we get 32 people, i think you should move up the complete date for the games because sept. 7th is almost a month away. it doesnt need to go by the real nfl schedule.
Second, try making a website on freewebs.com. You can keep track of the standings, members, and have a forum there. It would be alot easier than having this one topic on CAG.
Thanks

I created a site, but I'm thinking it would be easier and more efficient to run all of the standings and schedules in the second post, rather than directing everyone to a different website.

Also, I'll see about moving the first date up when we get 32 teams. It would definitely be easier to go right alongside the real NFL schedule, I think.

[quote name='deszaras']Yea, I hate I can't play with ya'll but this is really the only game that I would use the gold membership for. Do the Panthers proud Wanderlai!![/quote]
Free 1 month trial? 48-hour coeds? Do you have GTA IV?

Seriously, Live is the greatest innovation known to man....if your playing with friends.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']you bitch. lol jk

the chop suey
n o saints i guess...[/QUOTE]

I chose them since I'm the Packers in my other dynasties, and the Bolts have become a 2nd favorite team for me after moving to Southern California. But I actually was going to choose the Saints first. If you want to trade and the GM is okay with it, we can swap teams.

[quote name='Matt Young']I chose them since I'm the Packers in my other dynasties, and the Bolts have become a 2nd favorite team for me after moving to Southern California. But I actually was going to choose the Saints first. If you want to trade and the GM is okay with it, we can swap teams.[/quote]

I'm fine with it. Just let me know.

[quote name='KillJoi99']Free 1 month trial? 48-hour coeds? Do you have GTA IV?

Seriously, Live is the greatest innovation known to man....if your playing with friends.[/quote]

Yea, it's great if you play games with people, I don't. This is the only game I'd do that with. I have a couple of 48 hour codes and such, but not enough to fill a whole league season.

Everything is up to date. I switched Matt Young and Chop Suey.

I need your help. Firstly, how do all of you feel about going along with the NFL schedule? As in, should we have the first game be completed by September 7th, or start before the regular season does? If you want, we can do a preseason type thing and just set up matches with random teams, to get to know people and to get some practice. Let me know.

Also, I would like if we could now start to decide on the settings for the match.

And finally, it would be great if someone could create a banner for anyones signatures and for the top of the thread. PM me if you can help.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']matt young and the chop suey are swithing teams :) op thanks for being cool about it matt[/QUOTE]

No problem! Like I said, I had considered the Saints, anyway.

Jagged, I am fine either way. Going along withe the schedule is fine, but preseason would be a must if we aren't to play regular season games for another month.

i think we should just start asap and yea i mean roll with it setting all pro difficulty. presason or not doesnt matter to me. also consider the rewinds im thinking either one or none

I'll give it a go...even though I suck and have never competed in a Madden league.

I'll take the Bucs. Anyone want to trade for the Packers???

XBL: Derwood43

Is there any way that we can start the season before Sept. 7? That seems like a long time to wait, plus I will be having a child in the last weeks of the year, so I would like get started as soon as everyone is comfortable.

Also, what is the format for reporting the wins/losses? Sorry for asking so many questions, I just don't know too much about this. :)

Okay, how about this.. as soon as the last 7 spots are filled, we will have the first week completed by the following Sunday. So if its today or tomorrow, the games would need to be completed by the 17th. Is this alright?

I'm also thinking no Rewinds. We'll make this as authentic as possible.

[quote name='Derwood43']Also, what is the format for reporting the wins/losses?[/quote]

I will need both teams to report the scores to me in a PM. This way it can be verified.

Also, I created a gamertag, CAGMadden09, so we can use the friend of a friend thing instead of adding everyone to your friends list. I added all of you, and will add any future teams. You don't need to worry about it.

Yeah, No rewinds. Those cheapen the game vs another "live" player. I'm all for starting the league early too. I triend playing online last night and I kept on getting booted off the EA server. Maybe it was just overloaded.

[quote name='the_deej']thats funny how you pick the pats OP

unless there is a draft, in which case i would join[/quote]

LMAO at that one

I might pick this game up tonight in which case I will join... post back later

I'm really on the fence... I said I wouldn't buy it this year.

Quickest Edit and decision of all-time... fuck it, I'll pick it up... I basically got sick a GTA4 immediately and i'll sell that back and grab Madden....

Luckily my hero's of the late 80's and early 90's who are garbage now are still open.. I will take the historic SAN FRANSICO 49ers

boy do they suck... haven't even named the starting QB yet

bread's done
Back