CAG Mobile Site

Using my Tilt to post this. Being able to Surf the site faster from almost anywhere (except places with no cell or wifi signal) will be great.

[quote name='John']It doesn't switch you to the iPhone style by default, but when you're viewing using an iPhone or an iPod a link appears in the forum header:[/QUOTE]Oh, I know how to get into the layout.

What I was wondering how the layout/site knows if you're using an Iphone or not.

It booted me back to the normal layout when I tried the Iphone layout on my home computer.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Oh, I know how to get into the layout.

What I was wondering how the layout/site knows if you're using an Iphone or not.

It booted me back to the normal layout when I tried the Iphone layout on my home computer.[/quote]

Javascript iPhone detection: http://iphone.wikidot.com/detection

[quote name='lilboo']Just testing a post from my LG Env. :wave::[/quote]

OHHH...

I'll try checking this out on my Voyager :bouncy: in a few minutes.

I did try this out a few days after I got my Voyager and it was ok (slow, but ok).. gotta check this out with the new update.

Edit: Well done John, well done!!!

I just noticed the option for iPhone forums and I must say they are pretty wicked! Makes surfing for deals much faster in stores. Only thing as someone else said is white text is impossible to read. I wish there was an easier way to change fourns besides the home button but I'll take what you got. Very friggin cool.

any other iPhone users having issues replying to a PM ?

I can do anything else but reply to messages ?

And yes thank whomever did this iPhone version !!!!

Is there any possibility of allowing the iPhone version to be viewed with non-iPhones? I have a Nokia N95 and I like the iPhone version better than the mobile version, but the iPhone version auto-forwards to the normal template when viewed on my phone. But either way, thanks for the mobile version (id=9) - it works great :)

[quote name='ep2011']Is there any possibility of allowing the iPhone version to be viewed with non-iPhones? I have a Nokia N95 and I like the iPhone version better than the mobile version, but the iPhone version auto-forwards to the normal template when viewed on my phone. But either way, thanks for the mobile version (id=9) - it works great :)[/quote]

The iPhone style only works properly in Safari, unfortunately.

[quote name='John']The iPhone style only works properly in Safari, unfortunately.[/quote]
I was just using it in firefox with javascript disabled and it was working fine... I guess the normal mobile version will have to do though. Thanks :)

It works, but not as intended. (None of the buttons appear properly, the reply link is invisible, etc.)

You know it would be nice to have a mobile friendly site that one can go to where you can check the reviews of a game to see if it's good or not. That way you don't end up buying a cheap game that's crap vs a cheap game that's really good. I have tried gamespot.com but it takes forever to load it so I could check the reviews.

As for mobile cag... I am sure it's going to be fixed for us non-iphone users pretty soon. (I hope).

[quote name='ITDEFX']You know it would be nice to have a mobile friendly site that one can go to where you can check the reviews of a game to see if it's good or not. That way you don't end up buying a cheap game that's crap vs a cheap game that's really good. I have tried gamespot.com but it takes forever to load it so I could check the reviews.

As for mobile cag... I am sure it's going to be fixed for us non-iphone users pretty soon. (I hope).[/quote]

Try Gamerankings.com. It loads fairly quickly. It doesn't have the written reviews, of course, but it has the scores from different sources so you can quickly see if a game is 90%, 70%, 50%...

And I second the motion for non-iphone mobile CAG. Specifically, something that works with Windows Mobile. There are a lot of Qs and Blackjacks out there, as well as other WM phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to have mobile CAG back too. CAG loads slow for me on Opera Mini and on Safari for the iPhone... even slower in the DS browser.

I miss the iPhone style. I'd settle for a mobile style. Anything please. Even at 3G this site is somewhat beastly... (I have sigs turned off, but avatars on).

iPhone users - you should see a link below the header (on everywhere but the front page) that reads "Click here to use the CAG iPhone Style" - clicking it will forward you to the appropriate style.

For people using other devices, styleid=9 should get you back to the regular mobile style.

[quote name='John']iPhone users - you should see a link below the header (on everywhere but the front page) that reads "Click here to use the CAG iPhone Style" - clicking it will forward you to the appropriate style.

For people using other devices, styleid=9 should get you back to the regular mobile style.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. You're the man!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Why no User CP?[/QUOTE]

Go to the regular User CP on your iPhone. Bookmark it.

Then, switch the iPhone style through the forums.

Now, everytime you click on that bookmark, it will take you the mobile version of User CP.

Ok I'm using my G1 and don't see where to choose Iphone version. Not looking at the front page btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of getting the quick reply text entry box shortened to like 95% of screen width? As it is now it causes the page to be a few pixels wider than the page, which causes the page to easiily move side to side when scrolling which can cut off a tiny portion of the left of the page.
This is with the default browser on the G1. It's gotta be caused by the small scroll bar on the right side of the page.
I'd also suggest having a small line between posts, even a one pixel black line would greatly improve readablity and make it a lot easier to distinguish where one post ends and the next begins.

is there a mobile site still available? i just got the palm pre, it takes me to the main site, but just wanted to know, i know...old thread...

Yeah. It's still available.

The iPhone version still works fine on my EVO 4G. I still wish there was easier access to user cp while using the mobile version.

bread's done
Back