CAG NCAA Tourney Talk

Alright, the entries are in, the games are underway, lets get some NCAA Tourney talk going. Already a big upset with the 12th seeded Manhattan Jaspers taking the Florda Gators to the shed with an impressive 15 point win. Texas Tech and Maryland held off a late surges from Charlotte and UTEP to advance.

So far, I am 2-1, not too bad of a start. Hows everyone else doing?

BTW - Standing are updated. There is a huge tie for first place, and one of them is the Cheap Man himself.

I'm watching the SU game right now!!
Go SU!!

I think they'll go far, but definately not the finals. Sweet 16 is probably going to be it!!

Yeah, it's proof that anything can happen when CheapyD's "I make picks out of my ass and see what happens" sheet is already 3 and 0.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Yeah, it's proof that anything can happen when CheapyD's "I make picks out of my ass and see what happens" sheet is already 3 and 0.[/quote]

Yup, exactly, its what the tournament is all about.

[quote name='TheRaven'][quote name='JimmieMac']Yeah, it's proof that anything can happen when CheapyD's "I make picks out of my ass and see what happens" sheet is already 3 and 0.[/quote]

Yup, exactly, its what the tournament is all about.[/quote]

Yup, its all about my ass.
I actually did pick Manhattan on purpose, but only because I live there.
I'm gonna merge this with the main Tourney thread because I dont think we need 2 threads about the NCAA.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='TheRaven'][quote name='JimmieMac']Yeah, it's proof that anything can happen when CheapyD's "I make picks out of my ass and see what happens" sheet is already 3 and 0.[/quote]

Yup, exactly, its what the tournament is all about.[/quote]

Yup, its all about my ass.
I actually did pick Manhattan on purpose, but only because I live there.
I'm gonna merge this with the main Tourney thread because I dont think we need 2 threads about the NCAA.[/quote]

Are you serious?! You can never have enough tourney talk :)

Actually, I would prefer it that way too, just didnt want people to still keep entering into the contest, so thought I would start something fresh.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Change the title to say "NCAA Talk" or something like that.[/quote]

There ya go trying to use logic and common sense. No use for that here. :)

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Let's go Illinois teams!
Go SIU!
Go ILLiNois!
Go DePaul!! Hit somebody in the nuts again!!!!
Go UIC!!!

Go Illinois !!!![/quote]

SIU lost by 1 freakin point. What a game though.

Anyone else notcie anything wrong with their brackets. I just checked mine and I have Stanford and Kentucky in the championship game. The somehow it says that Illinois wins it all. How the hell did that happen? Their not even in the final game.

That's freaky...I just checked the standings and the only three people who chose 150 as the tiebreaker, myself included, are all in twelfth place and positioned back to back to back. And the order in ties doesn't seem to be based on anything.

Raven, I can't check the standings this morning, did you change something? It was working just fine last night, but I didn't check the late games. I'm not worried since the games today will change everything, just curious.

Standings updated...would have done them last night, but had to take the wife out for a little dinner and dancing. A nice solid 25th place start for me :(

Stanford and Gonzaga are ALWAYS overrated. I'm in a another pool and i had both losing in the second round. Next #1 to fall will be st. joseph. they too are overrated. For these sports analyst to even remotely think that stanford, gonzaga and st. joseph can even compete makes me laugh.
anyone who follows basketball knows stanford if seeded in the top 5 always never gets as far as the second round

Stanford was overrated. The only reason they got into the tournament was some lucky buzzer beaters. However, I think St. Joe's can compete and will go far, possibly make the Final Four. West and Nelson are no joke. Did you watch the Zags game though? They were dominated inside and out. It was almost sad.

[quote name='magilacudy']Stanford was overrated. The only reason they got into the tournament was some lucky buzzer beaters. However, I think St. Joe's can compete and will go far, possibly make the Final Four. West and Nelson are no joke. Did you watch the Zags game though? They were dominated inside and out. It was almost sad.[/quote]
its really sad when a college team like gonzaga every year they talk a big game and say they are overlooked and underrated. well they gave them a 2 seed which i say is too high where they should of been a 4 or 5 seed. what did they do after being rewarded after years of bitching they get their ass handed to them by nevada. DAMN that proves why they get seeded 8 or higher every year.

[quote name='TheRaven']Nope, mine looks fine but I can correct that for ya Green...who do you want to win it?[/quote]

Lol, I would have picked Kentucky, but it doesn't matter anymore since they lost. My bracket is pretty much done nuow anyway. Thanks for the offer though.

Well I'm conflicted....I picked GT to win it all but I'm rooting for UConn...Well hope it's a good game..

Anthony wins going away! Congrats man, great job picking games. Good thing I didnt get in on any money pools as I had my worst year ever. I finished an amazing 27th place :(

SWEEET! I went from 29th to 19th in the last day. That means I'm only the 18th loser. Watch out anth0ny, I'm gunnin for ya.

[quote name='jdpimp']SWEEET! I went from 29th to 19th in the last day. That means I'm only the 18th loser. Watch out anth0ny, I'm gunnin for ya.[/quote]

Pssssst. The tourny is over.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='jdpimp']SWEEET! I went from 29th to 19th in the last day. That means I'm only the 18th loser. Watch out anth0ny, I'm gunnin for ya.[/quote]

Pssssst. The tourny is over.[/quote]

Oh I don't think so. I ain't done yet. I'm making my way straight to the top, you're just worried because you know that instead of being the #1 Loser, you'll be #2 Loser which is the first loser's loser, and that possibility scares you.

[quote name='jdpimp']SWEEET! I went from 29th to 19th in the last day. That means I'm only the 18th loser. Watch out anth0ny, I'm gunnin for ya.[/quote]

lol...thanks guys

bread's done
Back