CAG NHL 08 League--League Set--13 Teams

I am getting the game Friday when I get paid from work. If we can get this to work out I am very interested in the league and have been a member of CAGHL for a few years now. So I will play my games! Go Blackhawks.

I agree with thatstoobad and this will never work with this many people we might need to keep this to only CAGHL members plus a few more, maybe 16 teams tops.

These are the people who are for sure in so far.
1. ajh2298
2. thatstoobad-(he will get first choice of any team since he is defending CAGHL champion)
3. flybrione
4. repetske
5. amicus
6. IceBurgh
7. Scorch
8. CheapyD-(?)
9. slickkill77
10. Ronz
11. VipFREAK
12. Flyersfan
13. snotnose_colossal
14. yukine

[quote name='slickkill77']Holy crap this game is fun[/quote]

Fixed!
tongue.gif

O i agree. Its the most realistic sports game I have ever played but man it is definitly tuff. I have played a few on pro and one on the next difficulty. I really cant even fathom superstar right now

Kinda of off topic but is there a way to save your edited lines? My roster moves are saved as far as player movement but my lines never stay edited?

I'll be very interested in playing in a league. What kind of format are we looking at here? Game a week? More than that? I'll have the game shortly.

Why do my guys keep dumping the puck when I pass it to them in the neutral zone? Am I holding the trigger for too long?

Sounds like you're hitting the right stick so it's thinking one timer. I kinda find it irritating at times. Also if you do the right stick on the face off too much and win it the player it goes to will do a one timer too...

btw, I'm in.

Well I do have the X360 and the PS3 versions of the game now (tru b2g1f deal) So I'd like to be considered for both the x60 and PS3 Leagues. Not sure when the games are held but I should be available M-F after 9pm Pacific and fairly flexible on the weekends.

Teams I'd like in Order would be:
Red Wings
Kings
Ducks
Sharks
BlueJackets
Leafs
BlackHawks

Let me know is I get in...

Thanks,
--Shoki

[quote name='VipFREAK']Sounds like you're hitting the right stick so it's thinking one timer. I kinda find it irritating at times. Also if you do the right stick on the face off too much and win it the player it goes to will do a one timer too...

btw, I'm in.[/QUOTE]
You're right; what's the preferred method for a one timer?

[quote name='cleaver']You're right; what's the preferred method for a one timer?[/quote]

That is the preferred method for a one-timer. I thhink you need to know how to do a quick dump off a pass, and that is accomplished by tapping the right bumper as soon as the intended recipient of the pass gets it. No skill stick on that one.

id be in 100% but im korny since i only use the rangers online.. i have mad love for my boys in blue.. lemme kno if another league gets started since nyr is taken...

[quote name='slickkill77']We should wait until ea patches the online. Theres suppose to be a patch coming. PLus we need to let halo 3 die down a little[/QUOTE]

I also wanted to try and wait it out till the first roster update.

Any chance I could be in it with the Blues still? I love the game and play it and Madden all the time.

[quote name='yukine']Ouch. Looks like I'm not invited to play?

I should have my copy shipped to me via Gamefly in a couple of days.[/quote]

Got it today... and still no response? What kind of two-bit operation is this? :lol:

Add me to the tournament roster, I assure you I will play my games. ;)

I'll probably be on in a bit, so if anyone sees me and wants to play send me an invite or whatever.

[quote name='yukine']Got it today... and still no response? What kind of two-bit operation is this? :lol:

Add me to the tournament roster, I assure you I will play my games. ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you'll be in. Maybe. I don't think I have any say in the matter.

Looking through the thread again it looks like 14 teams might be the magic number.

1. ajh2298
2. thatstoobad-(he will get first choice of any team since he is defending CAGHL champion)
3. flybrione
4. repetske
5. amicus
6. IceBurgh
7. Scorch
8. ruffinra
9. slickkill77
10. Ronz
11. VipFREAK
12. Flyersfan
13. snotnose_colossal
14. yukine

um so what do you have to do to get in for sure? I have the game here shrink wraped from TRU and another copy coming from gamefly tomorrow...

I just got the game today. I was in last year's league and would like to join again if there's room. I'd want the Bruins, Oilers or Devils in that order. I understand if all the slots are filled.

thanks

Roger

[quote name='ajh2298']Looking through the thread again it looks like 14 teams might be the magic number.

1. ajh2298
3. flybrione
4. repetske
5. amicus
6. IceBurgh
7. Scorch
8. ruffinra
9. slickkill77
10. Ronz
11. VipFREAK
12. Flyersfan
13. snotnose_colossal
14. yukine[/QUOTE]

Hey you missed me. I was in after Scorch. Game came yesterday.

I can't wait to start this up, I am definitely in favor of waiting for a roster update though since some of the rookies aren't in the game yet

[quote name='Shoki']um so what do you have to do to get in for sure? I have the game here shrink wraped from TRU and another copy coming from gamefly tomorrow...[/quote]

OK all set. I have all 3 copies at home.

ajh doesn't want too many people in the tournament, so if gets to that point one of you guys can take my place as I don't think I would do well in the tournament anyway.

Im still in but man i am having problems. I havent scored a single goal on superstar mode. I have scored very few on the one below that

9-15

Can I get the Red Wings and when are games played so I can get an idea on what I am getting myself into :)

Bah wings are taken, black hawks taken...

Can I call Toronto Maple Leafs?
9-19

Well I do have the X360 and the PS3 versions of the game now (tru b2g1f deal) So I'd like to be considered for both the x60 and PS3 Leagues. Not sure when the games are held but I should be available M-F after 9pm Pacific and fairly flexible on the weekends.

Teams I'd like in Order would be:
Red Wings
Kings
Ducks
Sharks
BlueJackets
Leafs
BlackHawks

Let me know is I get in...

Thanks,
--Shoki
9-21

um so what do you have to do to get in for sure? I have the game here shrink wraped from TRU and another copy coming from gamefly tomorrow...

9-23

OK all set. I have all 3 copies at home.

Well thanks for all the invites (zero) Going to return my 360 copy. No friendly CAG invites + 360 locking up = I'll play with the PS3 CAGs

Thanks! :applause:

excuse me... for trying to get aquainted with the game. That and I haven't had much time to play. Not to mention I didn't give my gamertag nor do I see yours.

Basically... a little premature bud.

[quote name='slickkill77']Im still in but man i am having problems. I havent scored a single goal on superstar mode. I have scored very few on the one below that[/quote]

Dude, tell me about it. Granted, I haven't played a hockey game in a few years... but it's pretty hard to get any goals off. I kind of like it though, as it's a bit more realistic, I also like how there isn't any silly "turbo" to move faster.

It's a shame the achievements are so impossible. I was hoping they would be relatively easy, since most sports games are.

[quote name='VipFREAK']excuse me... for trying to get aquainted with the game. That and I haven't had much time to play. Not to mention I didn't give my gamertag nor do I see yours.

Basically... a little premature bud.[/quote]
No problem.

I didn't see my name added to the "official list". I thought I was being passed over or the leauge was filled already.

This being cheap ass gamers and all I really can't afford both copies and NHL 08 has locked up many times on my 360.

Are you guys playing at superstar level?

have those 14 people confirmed that they have the game already and are in for the season.

16 teams is a nice number too, play everyone once for a 15 week season. 8 teams make the playoffs. unless people are hardcore and want to play people twice for a 30 game season. home and away. but we'd need to twice per week. last year for the nhl2k7 season, we had fewer teams but i think we played around that many games (15).

[quote name='amicus']have those 14 people confirmed that they have the game already and are in for the season.

16 teams is a nice number too, play everyone once for a 15 week season. 8 teams make the playoffs. unless people are hardcore and want to play people twice for a 30 game season. home and away. but we'd need to twice per week. last year for the nhl2k7 season, we had fewer teams but i think we played around that many games (15).[/quote]

You can take my place, I'm not going to have the spare time to play NHL 08, let alone partake in the tournament.

I officially withdraw my entry!

I have some scoring issues on superstar also. I still love the game but i find superstar to be kinda cheap as it always seems like the puck bounces in the computers favor all the time. Its really aggravating when I do a poke check and 90% of the time it goes to an open computer skater. EA has an issue with this kinda like on All-Madden Reggie Bush will break more tackles against me than Jerome Bettis in his prime.

bread's done
Back