CAG NHL 08 League--League Set--13 Teams

Matt Young should be in the league.

[quote name='slickkill77']I guess im in. The only reason I would drop out is if im struggling to score majorly[/QUOTE]
That's lame. If you want to play in the league, you should be in until the end, regardless of how bad you may do. I don't mean that to sound too shitty, but it would be kind of a drag to have people drop out near the end just because they aren't very good.

So is it true that the league is more of a lobby with no stats and no schedule? I need to know this, and if thats not the case I'll be getting NHL08 shortly and be willing to replace anyone that drops out before next month.

[quote name='thatstoobad']Matt Young should be in the league.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the endorsement. I hadn't played a hockey game since I was in the NHL 2K6 league with you guys, but my hockey loving friend brought over NHL 08, and I absolutely loved it.

Jut an F.Y.I. for everybody my wife just had our baby Monday morning so I might not be posting for a few days but the league is not dead. Matt Young, rscaramelo, and Monsta Mack are all welcome in the league. This weekend I will go through the thread and see whos in or out and see who has got what team.

p.s.
I think we will play on the "Pro" level instead of the "All-Star" level.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So is it true that the league is more of a lobby with no stats and no schedule? I need to know this, and if thats not the case I'll be getting NHL08 shortly and be willing to replace anyone that drops out before next month.[/QUOTE]
I thought I read that there were team stats, but no individual stats. I don't see how there can be a league without a schedule, but since I haven't really checked it out I can't really say.

[quote name='ajh2298']Jut an F.Y.I. for everybody my wife just had our baby Monday morning so I might not be posting for a few days but the league is not dead. Matt Young, rscaramelo, and Monsta Mack are all welcome in the league. This weekend I will go through the thread and see whos in or out and see who has got what team.

p.s.
I think we will play on the "Pro" level instead of the "All-Star" level.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations and keep me posted.

[quote name='thatstoobad']I thought I read that there were team stats, but no individual stats. I don't see how there can be a league without a schedule, but since I haven't really checked it out I can't really say.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on this. On the boards this is what I read, but we are talking Gamefaqs here.

I picked up NHL07 for cheap in the meantime.

Can I still join? I posted earlier in the thread that I would be able to join once I get my 360 back and now I did. The team that I wanted was the Sharks.

So far this is who is in and what team they have.

1. ajh2298-Penguins**
2. flybrione-Blackhawks**
3. VipFREAK-Senators
4. rscaramelo-Bruins**
5. Flyersfan-Flyers
6. amicus-Flames**
7. IceBurgh-Ducks
8. Scorch-Predators
9. thatstoobad-Redwings**
10. repetske-Devils
11. ruffinra-Blues**
12. slickkill77-Lightning**
13. Matt Young-???????
14. TheRock88-Sharks

**=Confirmed

Now if you think you might not want to play because of the difficulty of the game, and not stick out the whole season let me know now and not in the middle of the season.

[quote name='amicus']what level of difficulty are we playing on?[/QUOTE]

I think we will go with "Pro" unless theres a big push for "All-Star".

Yea I get the disc read error too. I looked at gamefaqs and a lot of other folks were having that issue as well. I think it maybe an EA thing since my madden does it too and its only those two games that do it for me.

On another note, I vote for all-star difficulty.

Feel free to consider me confirmed. I don't care which level you pick because I suck at any level! I'm not helping my cause by picking the Bruins.

RC

Has there been a roster update as of yet? Plus I am still waiting for a few people to check in . If there is no roster update by the weekend we will start next week with whoever has checked in by then.

1. ajh2298-Penguins**
3. VipFREAK-Senators**
4. rscaramelo-Bruins**
5. Flyersfan-Flyers**
6. amicus-Flames**
7. IceBurgh-Ducks**
8. Scorch-Predators
10. repetske-Devils
11. ruffinra-Blues**
14. TheRock88-Sharks**

**=Confirmed

Due to being uncertain as to when and/or whether this would start, I did not get the game. I plan to do so, but I'm not sure when I can since I put the money toward Guitar Hero III. So for now, I guess I am out.

finally nhl08 patch. dunno what else it did but it made online play less annoying. don't have to reload those stupid rosters everytime.

[quote name='amicus']finally nhl08 patch. dunno what else it did but it made online play less annoying. don't have to reload those stupid rosters everytime.[/QUOTE]

I definitely still have to reload the rosters everytime the first time I get on.

You don't?

Dammit, guess something's wrong with mine.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I definitely still have to reload the rosters everytime the first time I get on.

You don't?

Dammit, guess something's wrong with mine.[/quote]

the first time i have to download, but every subsequent time i don't. which is a huge plus cuz ppl wouldn't wait for ur rosters to load. and the game would be unavailable.

Whenever you guys get this going please make sure to send me a PM about it. Lately I haven't had time to check the site every day, so I'd really hate to miss notification of when the league is created and it's time to join. Thanks.

Okay the last couple of people never confirmed there status to me via the PM I sent them so the league will look like this.

1. ajh2298-Penguins**
3. VipFREAK-Senators**
4. rscaramelo-Bruins**
5. Flyersfan-Flyers**
6. amicus-Flames**
7. IceBurgh-Ducks**
8. Unickuta-Devils**
10. Plutarski-Rangers**
11. ruffinra-Blues**
13. TheRock88-Sharks**

**=Confirmed

Will set it up in the next couple of days and let you know any ifo you would need to join via PM.

okay so I couldn't find a general discussion thread for nhl 08 so i'll post here...Anyone interested in playing some nhl 08 online sometime? gamertag is saturnIII

[quote name='Rooster752']okay so I couldn't find a general discussion thread for nhl 08 so i'll post here...Anyone interested in playing some nhl 08 online sometime? gamertag is saturnIII[/quote]

I just picked up NHL 08 a couple of weeks ago. I'm game to play with you sometime. I'll send you a friend invite.

[quote name='Lokki']I just picked up NHL 08 a couple of weeks ago. I'm game to play with you sometime. I'll send you a friend invite.[/quote]

okay cool. I really really suck by the way. I really have issues scoring goals.

[quote name='Rooster752']okay cool. I really really suck by the way. I really have issues scoring goals.[/quote]

heh np.. I'm not that great either. I've been playing it mixed in with other games that I'm playing as well. We should be pretty evenly matched then.

If you haven't played it online yet, it's kind of buggy. The game will get out of sync and keep doing face offs over and over. I've read that if 1 player skips the replays and the other doesn't, that it can cause that. I have a bad habit of skipping replays and my friend wasn't skipping them, so that may have caused it.

Anyway, I have a final tonight and Tuesday night, so I'm not sure when I will be on. If you see me online playing something else, shoot me a message and I'll swap over. If I don't respond to the message, then it's my 5 year old son playing something on the 360. Though you can usually tell if it's him if you see him playing Feeding Frenzy or Paperboy. Sometimes he plays GH2, GH3, or Rock Band.

bread's done
Back