CAG NHL 09 League-Not dead yet-Get some games in guys

if anyone would like to play this afternoon i'll be able to until around 5 or 6. I can also play sunday until 2:30 if anyone would like to play tomorrow

also, if anyone is up late, i get home from work around 1:30 or 2 AM most days, so if you'd like to play around then or a bit later i can do that too.

[quote name='thatstoobad']if anyone would like to play this afternoon i'll be able to until around 5 or 6. I can also play sunday until 2:30 if anyone would like to play tomorrow

also, if anyone is up late, i get home from work around 1:30 or 2 AM most days, so if you'd like to play around then or a bit later i can do that too.[/quote]

hey thatstoobad, wanna knock out our two games at 4:30 EST? if you do, just go on at 4:30

[quote name='DestroVega']hey thatstoobad, wanna knock out our two games at 4:30 EST? if you do, just go on at 4:30[/QUOTE]

sorry i just saw this at 4:38 and signed on then. i'll wait a bit to see if you sign back on so we can play.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i don't know, i thought they were pretty good games, they were pretty close.[/quote]

no they were... but that game winning goal in game one???

and then up 2-0 in the third I give up three goals... ugh.

you laid the wood to me dude, good work.

Just in case some random person drops out, I'd love to take a place as the Preds.
Also, I haven't put in the game yet, but if somebody wants to play right now, I'm going to put the game in so just send me a message.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Just in case some random person drops out, I'd love to take a place as the Preds.
Also, I haven't put in the game yet, but if somebody wants to play right now, I'm going to put the game in so just send me a message.[/QUOTE]

We might have a spot open soon you are on top of the waiting list.

tried to play tolmes a few times today... but he was in a game already 2 times and signed off right after i requested him the other two times...

we seem to have stalled a bit...

[quote name='ajh2298']We might have a spot open soon you are on top of the waiting list.[/quote]
Great :)
I played 2 games so far, lost 3-1 and 7-3. I LOVE the controls though. I have a long way to go before I master them, but it really feels great when you score a goal.

[quote name='DestroVega']tried to play tolmes a few times today... but he was in a game already 2 times and signed off right after i requested him the other two times...

we seem to have stalled a bit...[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems we have stalled a little, a still have faith. I am working on a hockey related prize for the winner, it wont be much but it will fit the theme.

GG Destro! I got in my first two games and me and destro split the home and away 1-1. The second game which I lost was only the second NHL game I played and the first time I played EA NHL on a next gen system. Destro just dominated the offensive side of the puck and got a goal with 3 minutes left in the game to win 1-0. I just couldnt muster any offense.

Second game at MSG I take a quick 1-0 lead, play solid defense, and tack on two more goals to win 3-0. Lundquist stood on his head both games.

Anyone who wants to play just shoot me a friend invite.

i'll be home til like 7 this evening so if someone wants to play let me know. send me a PM if you want to play so i'll get an email, otherwise i may not notice.

Matt Young-Kings-(2 games)
ivanctorres-Rangers-(2 games)
thatstoobad-Red Wings-(2 games)
CheapyD-Flyers-(2 games)
Tolmes-Canucks-(1 game)

I would like to play a couple of games this weekend I am pretty free all weekend just PM here and we can work on a time.

p.s.

Matt Young, Tolmes, & CheapyD could you please add me (ajh2298) to your XBL friends list I tried to add you but your lists must be full.

ill be on today for a while...

If you try to play me and I don't accept or reply -- It's because I live with two roommates, who also use the xbox and they ignore the messages and challenges. My apologies for that, I will be on after the 1st set of football games

[quote name='ajh2298']Matt Young-Kings-(2 games)
ivanctorres-Rangers-(2 games)
thatstoobad-Red Wings-(2 games)
CheapyD-Flyers-(2 games)
Tolmes-Canucks-(1 game)

I would like to play a couple of games this weekend I am pretty free all weekend just PM here and we can work on a time.

p.s.

Matt Young, Tolmes, & CheapyD could you please add me (ajh2298) to your XBL friends list I tried to add you but your lists must be full.[/QUOTE]

Bump

[quote name='Matt Young']I'd definitely like to play more games soon, but my friend list is full.[/quote]

just post a time you'll be on to play or set up some games with people here... you don't need people on the friend list...

There are like 5 people with 4 or fewer games played... we need to start knocking games out. I'll be on tonight from around 8-10 EST.... and then during the weekend at different times. Anyone wants to set up something solid lemme know.

[quote name='DestroVega']just post a time you'll be on to play or set up some games with people here... you don't need people on the friend list...

[/QUOTE]

That was my intent. But ajh specifically asked me and others to add him, which is why I said that.

I'm working 3-11's this week if anyone wants to play late. Add me to your friends list if you like and maybe we can get some games in.

Lets try and get some games in this week guys I figured I wouldnt bother people the last two weekends with all the bigger releases coming out but lets get back in the grove of things guys.

I played two games last night, think I have either 8 or 10 games left total...

some guys still have 24 games left... you might have to start calling out guys individually.

[quote name='DestroVega']I played two games last night, think I have either 8 or 10 games left total...

some guys still have 24 games left... you might have to start calling out guys individually.[/quote]

Huh? Oh nvm I see. I lead the team in Asst and games played I think

Ok I found that the only way to get a nonlaggy game is for me to host it myself.

[quote name='slickkill77']Huh? Oh nvm I see. I lead the team in Asst and games played I think

Ok I found that the only way to get a nonlaggy game is for me to host it myself.[/quote]

wrong thread? this is about the league, not the online team.

Anyone know how to get the position player achievement? I thought you had to win an OTP game as the goalie, but I did and didn't get it.

Now it seems you have to play a regular VS ranked game online, but you have to be the goalie the whole time? I don't even know how to do that... any help would be appreciated.

sorry i've been kinda absent here but i moved at the beginning of the month and i've been without internet at my new home since. i'm getting it installed on friday though, and i'm working a new early shift at work so i should be able to get a bunch of games in starting this weekend.

[quote name='DestroVega']Anyone know how to get the position player achievement? I thought you had to win an OTP game as the goalie, but I did and didn't get it.

Now it seems you have to play a regular VS ranked game online, but you have to be the goalie the whole time? I don't even know how to do that... any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

There's a player lock option before the game. Not sure exactly where in the menu it's located, since I only did it on NHL 08 once.

I can play someone at or after 8 Pacific. I may be playing an NBA 2K9 league game, but it's far from set in stone. If anyone can play at or after 8, let me know.

Bump-Start tryiing to schedule some games guys, and if anyone has lost interest or no longer has the game let me know so I can try and get replacment owners.

bread's done
Back