CAG Presents: Rywateska's Halo 2 Videos: "Farewell" & "In the Video"

[quote name='MillerTime2523']really though who can get killtaculars with a sniper.[/QUOTE]

UGamer X has a nasty habit of it.

To bad i'm not in the clan anymore, seems like i'm missing out. BTW the videos were fucking amazing! Stuff of legends right there.

Very very nice... Damn, you shouldn't quit... You look like an awesome player who can probably beat down each one of us...

Yes it is me, the STAR of IN THE VIDEO. Im the one yelling, dieing, and getting stuck. Rywateska may seem like the center point of the vid, but I AM THE REAL STAR!

Anyways, awesome vids ryan

I'd like to be different, but all I can say is its excellent - I think you've got more talent in producing than you do in Halo 2 and I mean that as a compliment ;)

Any chance I could get a copy of the emblem background from the end of "In the Video" - Its an excellent idea and I'd like to have Wal-mart print it up and see how it'd look as a 8x10 mini poster :D

I'd like to be different, but all I can say is its excellent - I think you've got more talent in producing than you do in Halo 2 and I mean that as a compliment ;)

Any chance I could get a copy of the emblem background from the end of "In the Video" - Its an excellent idea and I'd like to have Wal-mart print it up and see how it'd look as a 8x10 mini poster :D

Ryan, I know that I don't know you, but judging from your videos... you are extremely talented, my friend. The editing was pretty much flawless on your works, and I liked the variety of your musical score. Your video looks like something that I would put together if I had the materials (and your incredible gaming skills). I mean that in a good way; great minds think alike.

You definitely could do something in video/filmmaking. Is that a field that you are interested in? I've been interested in that field myself.

This video shows something very precious and special: we're all just a bunch of strangers on the internet. However, we've formed friendships, and have been united by chatting and playing with each other online. I mean, it may sound trivial, but if you take a step back and think about things... it's incredible. It's kind of hard to word this, so please don't take it in a negative manner...

The deal-posting aspect of this site has taken a backseat to the community aspect. I mean, we get dozens of great deals every day from this site, but I don't really come for that anymore. I come to talk with my friends and read all the humorous and heartfelt messages. CAG has done so much for all of us. Like I said, it's more than just cheap games and great deals. Each one of us is a little bit better because of CAG.

Personally, I joined the CheapAssGamer Halo 2 clan not too long ago. Unfortunately, due to personal issues, I've only been able to play with them a few games. But those few games are very precious to me; I can't remember a time when I've had more fun on Xbox Live. At first, I was ashamed of my skill; it was the very first time I played Halo 2 online... and I've only played Halo 2 offline for about an hour or so total. Therefore, I am not a very good player and I don't know how to capture the flag, or set bombs, or whatever. However, the great people in the clan were kind, warm, and welcoming to the "newbie." I remember smiling when one of the teams said, "OK, we'll take the newbie. Newbie, newbie, newbie..."

Hopefully, I'll be able to play with my buddies more. But most importantly, I hope that I will be able to build greater friendships with my fellow CAG members... and that I will get so many great memories like the ones you have, Ryan.

I'm out...

[quote name='joevan07']Any chance I could get a copy of the emblem background from the end of "In the Video" - Its an excellent idea and I'd like to have Wal-mart print it up and see how it'd look as a 8x10 mini poster :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was a nice touch. Some of the CAG clan members were still sporting their Cheap Ass Green logos from the Bees Knees match.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Ryan, I know that I don't know you, but judging from your videos... you are extremely talented, my friend. The editing was pretty much flawless on your works, and I liked the variety of your musical score. Your video looks like something that I would put together if I had the materials (and your incredible gaming skills). I mean that in a good way; great minds think alike.

You definitely could do something in video/filmmaking. Is that a field that you are interested in? I've been interested in that field myself.

This video shows something very precious and special: we're all just a bunch of strangers on the internet. However, we've formed friendships, and have been united by chatting and playing with each other online. I mean, it may sound trivial, but if you take a step back and think about things... it's incredible. It's kind of hard to word this, so please don't take it in a negative manner...

The deal-posting aspect of this site has taken a backseat to the community aspect. I mean, we get dozens of great deals every day from this site, but I don't really come for that anymore. I come to talk with my friends and read all the humorous and heartfelt messages. CAG has done so much for all of us. Like I said, it's more than just cheap games and great deals. Each one of us is a little bit better because of CAG.

Personally, I joined the CheapAssGamer Halo 2 clan not too long ago. Unfortunately, due to personal issues, I've only been able to play with them a few games. But those few games are very precious to me; I can't remember a time when I've had more fun on Xbox Live. At first, I was ashamed of my skill; it was the very first time I played Halo 2 online... and I've only played Halo 2 offline for about an hour or so total. Therefore, I am not a very good player and I don't know how to capture the flag, or set bombs, or whatever. However, the great people in the clan were kind, warm, and welcoming to the "newbie." I remember smiling when one of the teams said, "OK, we'll take the newbie. Newbie, newbie, newbie..."

Hopefully, I'll be able to play with my buddies more. But most importantly, I hope that I will be able to build greater friendships with my fellow CAG members... and that I will get so many great memories like the ones you have, Ryan.

I'm out...[/QUOTE]
Awww...:grouphug:.

You're right though. CAG rocks.

n0ob....;)

you should submit these videos to halo.bungie.org and their MPRRS. if it passes there, free hosting, and major halo community exposure. worth a shot

i really enjoyed these. great job

I apologize for not getting back to everyone’s replies in a timely manner; it’s been one busy weekend! I’m going to try and take your responses a handful at a time so here is the first batch that I’ve taken from the front page. If your on the second or third then I will get around to yours the next time I have a short chunk of free time to go through this all again. If you’ve got anything to ask then just post up because I’ll be sure to read it! Thanks to everyone for all their great comments and I really appreciate how all the CAG’s are passing this on to friends who would enjoy such videos!

[quote name='Onetrackmind, jeffreyjrose, supadupacheap, swetooth9, MaxBiaggi2, Santurio, Steathly Seal, SteveMcQ, jlarlee, Trakan, Battousai1002']A collective thumbs-up[/quote]
CAG’s…thanks for all the awesome praise! I can finally realize that all the work put into both movies really paid off. Be sure to show anyone else who you think would get a kick out of either video!

[quote name='Scavenger4']I was actually going to put together a video like this as well…[/QUOTE]
Scavenger4…it is much more work than you’ll ever realize. Good luck on your own video though, I just hope it doesn’t take up too much of your time, haha!

[quote name='the3rdkey']I was really let down with Halo 2's matchmaking system...[/QUOTE]
The3rdkey…I’m sorry you feel that way, I’ve felt the same at times but still keep coming back for more. Halo 2 deserved a second chance.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hopefully you really won't take time off and your secretly working on "The Farewell 2: Kiss your ass goodbye"...[/QUOTE]
Pimpinc333…I’m not sure if there will ever be another Halo 2 video made by myself. And no, I’m not taking the time off to secretly made Farewell 2 :D.

[quote name='thegamer4787'] I can just imagine the "stuckee" saying "Oh Crap" in super slow motion as he exits the hallway...[/QUOTE]
Thegamer4787…I’d have to say that really is one of my better sticks!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']... just had to be the last one getting popped in the head, didn't I?...[/QUOTE]
Ugamer_X…without you I would not have a conclusion to my video. Consider your sacrifice one for good cause. Haha!

[quote name='chickenhawk']...It says I have 1 hour + left. WTF!?!?...[ /QUOTE]
Chickenhawk…I hope you finally were able to download them!

[quote name='zewone']...You should really consider a career in video editing, you have a natural talent and you seem to enjoy it. Sorry to hear that you won't be playing Halo 2 as often...[/QUOTE]
Zewone…I’d like to take some sort of video class in college some day. You’ll still see me on Halo 2, albeit a bit more sporadically though.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']...could have used a few more jimmiemac classics, but i suppose you have to keep it all ages.[/QUOTE]
Rocksolidaudio…It’s your work holding things down that I’ve played this game for such a long time. As for the jimmiemac quotes, I had some, but they were lost on a tape that I can’t seem to find. Sorry!

[quote name='TheUnsane1']...Looks like your using a high sensitivity at least a 7 am I right?...[/QUOTE]
TheUnsane1…My sensitivity is set at 5 believe it or not. I’ve played around with other settings but I consistently do the best right in the middle setting.

[quote name='ViolentLee']...A question, Ryan: How many hours of footage did you have to sift through?[/QUOTE]
ViolentLee…I did the math and it’s about filming over a month period while playing about 2 hours 3 nights a week. I had around 20-24 hours of footage compiled before editing.

If anyone has a capable Gnutella 2 client, like Shareaza, or any other PSP client that accepts magnet links they should start sharing it on that network.

Here's the Magnet links for them:

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:DFTZIWZF4GZPQ6R5J45GIU4LCK4NW7W5.3USEDC5C5QNDITTRBQ26QPIV2OBBFYCBPZ64KIY&dn=FAREWELLfinalvideompeg1.mpg

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:DFTZIWZF4GZPQ6R5J45GIU4LCK4NW7W5.3USEDC5C5QNDITTRBQ26QPIV2OBBFYCBPZ64KIY&dn=FAREWELLfinalvideompeg1.mpg

I may hate Halo, but god damn that was some fucking skill. Very nice videos.

Though now I'm looking for that damn song by John Frusciante. any idea what album it's on?

Once again though, excellent videos.

[quote name='rywateska']Is anyone here a part of High Impact Halo forums? I can't register because it says it is disabled...

Would anyone be able to send them the link to Farewell?[/QUOTE]

Hey, I searched high impact halo and I found you saying this. I am getting ready to register at the boards. If you want, tell me the link and I'll put it up there for ya.

EDIT
I just went there and their registrations are temporarily disabled. I am not sure (my buddy just turn me on to highimpacthalo.org) but I think that it is mostly dedicated to trick discovery and promotion. I'll let ya know when I find out.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I may hate Halo, but god damn that was some fucking skill. Very nice videos.

Though now I'm looking for that damn song by John Frusciante. any idea what album it's on?

Once again though, excellent videos.[/QUOTE]

Its on his album "To Record Only Water for 10 Days." Song is called "Murderers" I believe.

So I tried playing a little bit like that, and I can't short range snipe for shit. I also can't hit the melee button right after I shoot a sniper or plasma pistol. I take about twice as long since my finger just doesn't react that fast yet.

Also, I love the slowed down sticky grenade with the guy just coming out of the hallway. Watching that part makes me cry. Also, very nice transition from Duel of the Fates to Sandstorm.

I apologize for not getting back to everyone’s replies in a timely manner; I’m doing my best to reply to everyone soon though! Here is the second batch that I’ve taken from the page number two. If your on the third then I will get around to yours the next time I have a short chunk of free time to go through this all again. If you’ve got anything to ask then just post up because I’ll be sure to read it! Thanks to everyone for all their great comments and I really appreciate how all the CAG’s are passing this on to friends who would enjoy such videos!

[quote name='Arikado, Mr. Anderson, MillerTime2523, PittsburghAfterDark, Trakan, Ozzkev55, twanky, Murcielago77, radjago, rabbit']
A collective high-five for both videos!
[/quote]
…Just keep on passing the links on to friends who would enjoy these as well, thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='Ledhed'] The amount of footage I would bet is well near 100 hours, easily.[/QUOTE]
Ledhed…Overall the footage was from a combined total of about12 nights averaging about 1.5-2 hours a night over the course of a few weeks. The total amount of footage was in the 20-24 hour range. Editing is what took the most time.

[quote name='guyver2077']how about some wmv compression?[/QUOTE]
guyver2077…It should work in your Windows Media Player.

[quote name='Maizrim']And the music was excellent too btw.[/QUOTE]
Maizrim…Just ask the CAG Halo 2 clan guys about my posts asking them to help me out with the selection, they’ll tell you how it came it be!

[quote name='zzl365']Both are uploaded as of 1 AM EST[/QUOTE]
zzl365…Thank you for the mirrors! Cheapy’s bandwidth went crazy and you came with aid just in time. I really appreciate your hosting of these videos. Everything from the download time to CAG’s bandwidth can take a rest because of your actions. THANKS!

[quote name='boozi']...you shouldn't quit... You look like an awesome player who can probably beat down each one of us...[/QUOTE]
boozi…Not so much quitting as not being able to be near my Xbox to play. As for beating down everyone…most people who play against me at least have one “Now that I’ve killed you look for yourself in my video” moment at least once in some game.

[quote name='joevan07']Any chance I could get a copy of the emblem background from the end of "In the Video" - Its an excellent idea and I'd like to have Wal-mart print it up and see how it'd look as a 8x10 mini poster :D[/QUOTE]
joevan07…Sure! Scroll down to the bottom of this post and you’ll see your very own jpeg of the final shot from IN THE VIDEO

[quote name='Saucy Jack']The deal-posting aspect of this site has taken a backseat to the community aspect.[/QUOTE]
Saucy Jack…I agree completely and your comments here are expressed by CheapyD’s comments on his front page post and the OP of this thread!

[quote name='soulwish2003']I dodn't realize Star Wars used Halo music...[/QUOTE]
soulwish 2003…Likewise I didn’t realize Halo used Star Wars themes.

[quote name='njasmodeus']you should submit these videos to halo.bungie.org and their MPRRS. if it passes there, free hosting, and major halo community exposure.[/QUOTE]
njasmodeus…I have done that this morning and so far have received a perfect 3/3 feedback rating from the reviewers…look out for Farewell on HBO’s front page soon as well!

creditroll9iy.jpg

[quote name='rywateska']
njasmodeus…I have done that this morning and so far have received a perfect 3/3 feedback rating from the reviewers…look out for Farewell on HBO’s front page soon as well![/QUOTE]
That is great news, congrats!:applause:

Very cool video. The editing was very well done. Unfortunately, I have never played Halo, so I really couldn't appreciate what was apparently some crazy skill (I couldn't even tell what was going on half the time). Still, I saved the video so that if I ever play Halo I can come back to it.

[quote name='CheapyD']I just burned my first DVD ever and it was Ryan's 2 videos. It came out very well.[/QUOTE]

Cool. What programs did you use and what did you do... and whatnot?

I used MyDvD 4.5 which is a free program that came with my free DVD burner (from my cousin). It was pretty easy to use.

I really don't seem to tire of watching those videos...great stuff!

percent9so.jpg

passed0ut.jpg

section7lh.jpg

Another front page submission... From H.B.O. http://halo.bungie.org/

Cheapy: They've made two 44 MB version mirror (1 WMV, 1 QT) that you may want to mention on the front page and/or OP. The quality isn't as great but it's still another host, right?

i watched the farewell video, awsome work on the video and your game play....You now make me feel pathetic with my halo skills, or lack their of

I was talking with a co worker about the video, you should have had let the bodies hit the floor, i believe by drowning pool. Espically when you were dropping people left and right

[quote name='ryanbph']I was talking with a co worker about the video, you should have had let the bodies hit the floor, i believe by drowning pool. Espically when you were dropping people left and right[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's by Drowning Pool.

And, nope. Every single other highlight vid you see is chock full of boring thrill-less nu-metal. Ryan wanted to stand-out against every other vid, even with his music choices.

Finally got time to watch them a couple times today and really enjoyed the videos. Great editing, play & music man. Sounds like you guys have a fun time playing together and thats what its all about. ;)

[quote name='Ledhed']Yeah, it's by Drowning Pool.

And, nope. Every single other highlight vid you see is chock full of boring thrill-less nu-metal. Ryan wanted to stand-out against every other vid, even with his music choices.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The music he picked makes the video so much better than any of the others you see out there. Out of nowhere, at some random part of the day, the techno song from that video will just pop into my head.

And nice custom title ryan. :lol:

If anyone has a spare few minutes you may want to check out my first messages where I tear up repeated responses trying to rip apart the Farewell montage. While this kid tried hard over 5 posts to sound smart...he came off as one of the larger asses that I've seen comment on these videos...I believe that I have some decent responses so if your in the mood for a quick laugh go take a look @ http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=3616577&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=3#end

I got your back bro. Like I told you before, there's always some kid who's gotta step in and say "lolz u suk rip0pn is the man stop makin vids it just sad".

section7lh.jpg

Another front page submission... From H.B.O. http://halo.bungie.org/

Cheapy: They've made two 44 MB version mirror (1 WMV, 1 QT) that you may want to mention on the front page and/or OP. The quality isn't as great but it's still another host, right?

Tonight's the last night of playing for a month...hopefully I can get in a game or two with all those who sent friend requests! Look for me online sometime later on...

rop_header.jpg

Farewell is nominated in the 3rd annual ROCKETS ON PRISONER AWARDS. I'm not sure on what catagory the video would best place in but I'm assuming my best shot is in the Best Editing, Sound, and FX or Best Audio or Best Musical Score. I doubt I could bring in a Best Halo 2 movie, in fact it's nigh impossible. But I still think there's a shot of getting something so be sure to check back whenever voting goes up. Let's pull in an award!

snapshot200507171526517ni.png

LINK: http://rop.thatweasel.tv/index.php

bread's done
Back