CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i dont even intend on selling the gameshares i have, so i will just avoid logging into those accounts. im fine if the hosts even want to change the pw's, but whatev. i think/hope that most people i gameshare with are of sound mind enough to not deactivate everyone's ps3's. so hopefully all is good. ill keep my ps3 offline on the 18th for a few weeks tho maybe, just to finish up lots of gameshare games just in case...
but iv been playing bf3 and will play mw3, so idk

[quote name='bastiartadi']Your argument does not make sense. If it's deactivated, you can't play the game. That's a fact. They even said so in the replies in the PSN Blog.[/QUOTE]

Actually it will work if the system doesnt know its deactivated, it works when customer service deacti ates. Unless they have something in the update that causes the system to scan through accounts it should work. One logs in, downloads, and after it downloads, someone deacs off the pc, and you just dont go back into the account until you want to remove the game. If it works there will be no resale whatsoever but we could knock prices down dramatically

Edit-This is assuming it works the same as Sony deactivating, which we wont know until the time comes

[quote name='Velo214']well i dont even intend on selling the gameshares i have, so i will just avoid logging into those accounts. im fine if the hosts even want to change the pw's, but whatev. i think/hope that most people i gameshare with are of sound mind enough to not deactivate everyone's ps3's. so hopefully all is good. ill keep my ps3 offline on the 18th for a few weeks tho maybe, just to finish up lots of gameshare games just in case...
but iv been playing bf3 and will play mw3, so idk[/QUOTE]

That's probably what I am going to do. I am attempting to play through 9 of my gamesshares (10 games) before the 18th. Then I'll activate/download as many other accounts as I can, let the Sony update go through, and not log into them again until I finish.

Ok so if I don't log into those accounts I can still play the games even if the account is deactivated?

I mostly play the games from my main account...

[quote name='jlazenby1']Youd be surprised lol Sony deactivates accounts (1 time only) and the only slot that remains used is yyour main ps3, however everyone else still can use the accounts games and dlc as long as they dont go into that account[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Interesting. Do you first hand experience of this? I wonder what shows up in Qriocity?

[quote name='bastiartadi']Hmmm. Interesting. Do you first hand experience of this? I wonder what shows up in Qriocity?[/QUOTE]

He's correct, Sony will deactivate all 5 of your slots 1 time. (They did it for me about a month ago, and a few of my friends).

Anyone who already shared with you can still access your stuff, but if they log in and download something, they take a slot again.

Though, im not sure if Sony is dumb enough to leave that big of a loophole

[quote name='bastiartadi']Hmmm. Interesting. Do you first hand experience of this? I wonder what shows up in Qriocity?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I had an account working 6 months after sony had reset it, i finished and just deleted the account, and Ive had people use my main after it was reset also

if you call customer service they will deactivate all 5 slots. when i tried this it said i needed to reactivate to access the content. im all 4 a ten man team but as much as i love gamesharing i can see this failing.

my experience with sony deactivating slots was a success but i had to reactivate to access my content . anything i could play ended up being a demo til i reactivated. maybe you guys got lucky and as much as i love gamesharing i see this ending in failure. im willing to give it a shot tho.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']conte i was looking for ur name but i wasnt on here for a day so it got lost in translation...

Who wants to host this?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='contej85']I'm willing to host.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, you both want all 4 God of War games right?

[quote name='jlazenby1']Yep, I had an account working 6 months after sony had reset it, i finished and just deleted the account, and Ive had people use my main after it was reset also[/QUOTE]

Sony is probably fixing that with the new update. I seriously doubt they'd go through the trouble of adding an option to deactivate consoles from the site, without having it scan all the accounts your PS3 is attached to once you sign in to check if they're activated or not.

@sunghost : sadly that's what i think will happen, and to connect to PSN you will need a mandatory update that checks all the accounts at login and silently deactivate you if you log in even on another account (or hell, even if you don't log at all, if your PS3 is connected to the PS3).

EDIT : although, as long as you don't save your account password on your PS3, I'm wondering how the PS3 would check these accounts without any password (unless it's stored automatically somewhere when downloading a game from that account). Or you could just change the account password after everybody is done activating, and then the PS3 shouldn't be able to auto deactivate you, because I'm pretty sure it would need the password to even check your PS3 is activated. Anyway I should stop speculating, we will have to wait to be sure.

Selling
Okabu
Limbo
Ghostbusters
All Borderlands DLC
Tales of Monkey Island
BFBC2 Onslaught/BF1943

Looking for:
Sidescroller, Rochard, PoP Trilogy, Echochrome 2, Explodemon, Tumble, Swarm, Crysis

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jamehze']Selling
Okabu
Limbo
Ghostbusters
All Borderlands DLC
Tales of Monkey Island
BFBC2 Onslaught/BF1943

Looking for:
Sidescroller, Rochard, God of War Origins Collection, PoP Trilogy, Echochrome 2, Explodemon, Tumble, Swarm, Crysis, Hot Pursuit[/QUOTE]

What happened to the sidescroller group? Is it still on?

Looking to buy a slot of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with all dlc and Assassins's Creed 2 aswell. Was Assassin's Creed 1 released on psn if so I would like to get it as well.

[quote name='Steadymobbin']whats all the comotion about ?
did sony change something with sharing games on ps3's ?[/QUOTE]

Gamesharing changed from 5 to 2 for future purchases. Check OP for details.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Looking to buy a slot of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with all dlc and Assassins's Creed 2 aswell. Was Assassin's Creed 1 released on psn if so I would like to get it as well.[/QUOTE]

Look back page or two, someone has 1 & 2 + all DLC for $4!

-----

Selling

Vegas 2 - $4 ($3 off!)

Seeling my slot in my LT PS+ Group

Infamous Festival Of Blood
Outland
Hasbro Family Game Night
Hydrophobia Prophecy
Dead Nation
Burn Zombie Burn
Super Stardust HD
Gatling Gears
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Plants Vs ZOmbies
BOmber Man Ultra
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3 & 4
Costume Quest
Call Of Duty Classic
Back To The Future(all episodes)(5)
Gravity Crash
Pixel Junk Shooter 2
Sonic 1&2
All Crash Badicoot Games
Stacking
Comet Crash Digger HD
Magic The Gathering DOTP
Streets Of Rage
Astro Tripper
Warhawk
Mod Nation Racers(psp)
LBP(psp)

And a bunch o mini's & ps1 classics & dynamic themes that add up to 150+ DL's

Make me an offer

[quote name='dgwillia006']He's correct, Sony will deactivate all 5 of your slots 1 time. (They did it for me about a month ago, and a few of my friends).

Anyone who already shared with you can still access your stuff, but if they log in and download something, they take a slot again.

Though, im not sure if Sony is dumb enough to leave that big of a loophole

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bastiartadi']What an interesting turn of events.

Let's gather the facts:

1) Activation is somehow stored locally
PROOF: Deleting the profile associated with the PSN account will remove your ability to play the games in that account. So the activation key is stored locally. Since there is no way for us to deactivate the account (and therefore delete the activation key) without logging into the profile, the activation key is deleted right away.

If that holds true, we still need to know what and how the remote deactivation and the PS3 will communicate. There are 3 factors:

1) Status of the PS3 (On or Off)
2) Internet Connection (connected to to the net or not)
3) Profile status (Logged in the profile or not)

If the PS3 needs to be on, remote deactivation is useless. We cannot recover the activation slots from bricked PS3.
If you need internet connection for it to deactivate, than we can gameshare an unlimited number of times so as long as we are not connected to the net.
If you need to be logged on for the deactivation to occur, then we can share an unlimited number of times as long as we do not log in the PSN account that has the games.

This is all assuming that we can deactivate an account without deleting the activation keys in our PS3s ala what happens when Sony remotely deactivates PS3.[/QUOTE]

We are getting warmer! Damn I know we can beat this! We are smarter!

Matsui, can you remove your quote on the post please? the post has been edited and being the next post after his, it does not need a quote. A Quick Reply will do.

:)

[quote name='WakYasuk']What happened to the sidescroller group? Is it still on?[/QUOTE]

I'm not the only person responsible for making groups. I've already got a bunch of slots I wanted so these have become less of a priority. If you're willing to see them to completion then I'll pay for them, but otherwise up to you to maintain lists.

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Matsui, can you remove your quote on the post please? the post has been edited and being the next post after his, it does not need a quote. A Quick Reply will do.

:)[/QUOTE]

This struck me as funny - and even though per the above I should just do a quick reply - I wanted to be bloody annoying much like the above poster.

My god people, get off your high horses.
No reason to self-douche the thread up by bitching about other people posting.
Other than having to scroll a little bit more to read what you want to read, there is no harm or downfall.

Matsui - I'd love if you quoted this with a simple QFT response - just to piss someone else off.

Egads, the sky is falling

Selling some slots...
Splinter Cell Trilogy - $8
GoW Origins Collection (Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus) - $8
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $8
Child of Eden - $8
Renegade Ops - $2
All Bulletstorm DLC - $3

[quote name='MethodManFTW']Selling some slots...
Splinter Cell Trilogy - $8
GoW Origins Collection (Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus) - $8
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $8
Child of Eden - $8
Renegade Ops - $2
All Bulletstorm DLC - $3[/QUOTE]
Doh, forgot I have
PAYDAY The Heist for 4 bucks as well.

[quote name='bastiartadi']What an interesting turn of events. $

We can assume two hypotheses.$

1) Activation is somehow stored locally
PROOF: Deleting the profile associated with the PSN account will remove your ability to play the games in that account. $So the activation key is stored locally. Since there is no way for us to deactivate the account (and therefore delete the activation key) without logging into the profile, the activation key is deleted right away. $BUT if we get the power to deactivate accounts remotely, we can do deactivate accounts without deleting the activation keys as shown in #2.

2) Freeing up one of the activation slots does not require the deletion of the activation key located on our PS3.$
PROOF: Sony can free up one of the activation slots of our PS3s even though they are bricked. $There is no way for the PS3 and Sony to communicate when the PS3 is bricked.

If both of those holds true, we still need to know what and how the remote deactivation and the PS3 will communicate. $There are 3 factors:

1) Status of the PS3 (On or Off)
2) Internet Connection (connected to to the net or not)
3) Profile status (Logged in the profile or not)

If the PS3 needs only to be powered on, then there is no loophole. $When you turn on your PS3, Sony will delete your activation key from your PS3 immediately.$
- Highly unlikely as there is no way for Sony and your PS3 to communicate without the internet.

If you need internet connection for it to deactivate, than we can gameshare an unlimited number of times so as long as we are not connected to the net. Possible
- Very possible. $You are connected to the internet and communication between Sony and the PS3 is established. $Sony can delete the activation keys assuming they do not need to communicate with the PSN profile.

If you need to be logged on for the deactivation to occur, then we can share an unlimited number of times as long as we do not log in the PSN account that has the games.
- Off chance that this will happen. $But if it does, god damn.

EDIT: So jlazenby1 pretty much said what I said one page back and I hadn't noticed, LOL.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9031573&postcount=1755[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WV Matsui']We are getting warmer! Damn I know we can beat this! We are smarter![/QUOTE]

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Matsui, can you remove your quote on the post please? the post has been edited and being the next post after his, it does not need a quote. A Quick Reply will do.

:)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='grrouchie']This struck me as funny - and even though per the above I should just do a quick reply - I wanted to be bloody annoying much like the above poster.

My god people, get off your high horses.
No reason to self-douche the thread up by bitching about other people posting.
Other than having to scroll a little bit more to read what you want to read, there is no harm or downfall.

Matsui - I'd love if you quoted this with a simple QFT response - just to piss someone else off.

Egads, the sky is falling[/QUOTE]

Leave me alone!

You didn't invent the Internet, you didn't invent this site and you are not God's gift to the to the Internet!

If I was doing something wrong a mod would tell me so!

QFT and I hope your little fingers don't hurt from having to scroll too much!

Once again if you have a problem with me take it up over PM like a man. Don't post and show everyone how Douchey you are!

I am sick and tired of people acting like this on this site! Way to make people feel welcome.

So tell me now, who derailed the conversation?

--------

Oh by the way

Selling

Vegas 2 - $4 ($3 off!)

:)

[quote name='iwarboY']' meeek ' Dead Space 2 dlc.. i'd be interested in story based dlc if there's any. got to get somewhere atm, will look later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WV Matsui']Can't we treat deactivated accounts like scammers?

If someone deactivates the account post the email address of the account and our crack team will do the best to track down the account host, pinpoint the guilty party etc?

Would this be enough?[/QUOTE]
we'll take care of them lol

[quote name='jlazenby1']Actually it will work if the system doesnt know its deactivated, it works when customer service deacti ates. Unless they have something in the update that causes the system to scan through accounts it should work. One logs in, downloads, and after it downloads, someone deacs off the pc, and you just dont go back into the account until you want to remove the game. If it works there will be no resale whatsoever but we could knock prices down dramatically

Edit-This is assuming it works the same as Sony deactivating, which we wont know until the time comes[/QUOTE]
:cool:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well, i'm gonna trust the people i have shared with that i didnt host enough to not deactivate everyone

So does anyone know how this'll affect the Uncharted 3 Fortune Hunter's Club? Is it considered a future purchase because DLC is continuously added? Sure hope it's considered as purchased before 18th, but I have a bad feeling about it.

That would be terrible, as the yet to be released map packs are the meat of this DLC.

and for the "lulz" (from Pblog, a ps+ user):

Personally, I can’t wait for the December firmware update where they remove Blu-ray movie playback support.

[quote name='GP2']So does anyone know how this'll affect the Uncharted 3 Fortune Hunter's Club? Is it considered a future purchase because DLC is continuously added? Sure hope it's considered as purchased before 18th, but I have a bad feeling about it.

That would be terrible, as the yet to be released map packs are the meat of this DLC.[/QUOTE]

I am hopeful that they will be ok, as the content has already been purchased and activated. We are just waiting for the actual downloads. But we will see come 11/18.

Looking to sell a PSN Play account but can't remember how much it was. Anyone?

I thought I would play more of The Heist, but haven't got around to it. COD around the corner, it's not going to get used by me.

The Baconing +theme & dlc
Street Fighter 3 Online Edition +theme & dlc
Bloodrayne: Betrayal +theme
Renegade Ops + theme
Payday: The Heist +theme

[quote name='meeek']and for the "lulz" (from Pblog, a ps+ user):

Personally, I can’t wait for the December firmware update where they remove Blu-ray movie playback support.[/QUOTE]
doesn't affect me go ahead sony do your worst :booty:

To be blunt, you guys need to chill the fuck out. It was a random Q that you guys, VW Matsui and grrouchie, are taking out of proportion.

I asked to remove your quote from your post, not kill someone.

interesting comment on blog, read the end NSYNC :p
Well this is where your crossed over the line Sony. I was going to get another PS3. Now I won’t because I love simplicity and deactivating and reactivating consoles is going to be bothersome. I will finally get a 360 again. I sold my old one in 2008 when I felt that PS3 was getting better games. Now I’m forced to buy a 360 to play Grand Theft Auto 5 on it with friends that DON’T want to get a PS3 because it doesn’t have party chat. When I used to have a 360 I loved party chat it was a fun feature. It made setting up to head into a game with friends MUCH MUCH easier than messaging all of your friends. I just hope the 360 gets better games now because the only reason I haven’t got a 360 again is because the PS3 is smoking it right now with exclusives.

Does anyone know why a game will not deactivate from my account?

I have deactivated a game four times now yet it remains activated to my PS3.

p.s. Yes I know how to deactivate accounts. I have done it numerous times before.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Does anyone know why a game will not deactivate from my account?

p.s. Yes I know how to deactivate accounts. I have done it numerous times before.[/QUOTE]
what game ?

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Does anyone know why a game will not deactivate from my account?

p.s. Yes I know how to deactivate accounts. I have done it numerous times before.[/QUOTE]

Didnt Bastairdi put something about this in the OP? Not being a douche, just trying to point you in the right direction! :)

Could be tied to a different account.

I deactivated infamous 2, but I was able to play it. Later I found out, I was able to play it because I had an hour free trial with my psplus

@rpg: FarCry 2 + DLC.

@cheapbrokegamer: that could make sense, as I have ps+ on both my main account, and LTS account, but I haven't even downloaded the game, ever?

Try this: Sounds silly but I think it worked for me before on here

deactivate
delete account
restart your PS3
sign into account
deactivate
~~check if deactivated~~
delete account

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back