CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Bking17']Edit: Anybody got Dead Nation at all?[/QUOTE]

You can look for slots instead of reposting and reposting and reposting... Found this in two minutes.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have three shares for sale:

#1: Dead Nation plus Welcome Back games: $3

Includes:
Dead Nation
LittleBigPlanet 1
Wipeout HD Fury
LittleBigPlanet PSP
Modnation Racers PSP
3 XMB themes

#2: Borderlands DLC all 4 packs: $4

#3: GTA4 Lost & Damned + Ballad of Gay Tony $6[/QUOTE]

I'm somewhat torn on the debate here.

Nsync, gamesharing will move on and people will adapt. Whether it will be splitting the cost 50/50 or addapting a system, people will adapt. However, not everyone will be as active as before. My PSN life wouldn't die because of this but it will definitely take a hit. I wouldn't bother trying out the small titles and would just end up getting big titles (Amy, I am Alive) if it all boils down to 50-50 split. If we have tier pricing, it will encourage people to buy more than usual instead of splitting the cost 50-50.

To others, the problem with 50-50 pricing is that there would only be handful of host left. No one would want to take the plunge and pay 50% off now with no resale value*. Having a tier list would guarantee you x amount back. Yes, people will adapt, but when was adapting to something ever easy? If there are no willing host, the thread is dead. That's why NSYNC and a couple of other members suggested tier pricing. It will help ease the pain of gameshares. Those who want to wait, can wait and get a discount. Having several groups will overall hurt the community, no resale value. Besides, we've already establish that quite a number of us are willing to wait to get a discount.

*If everyone wanted to play right away, and everyone who wants it, has it already (ala BF3), there will be no resale value or at least, it will be difficult unless you have a discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Junno & the others in my [email protected] group-

Okay I believe I ran into the guy who changed the password to the account. It was a total coincidence but luckily it happened. Okay here's how it all started:

My friend got a PM over PSN from some guy named A-F-A-Marshal, the guy asks him if he wanted to trade. My friend then invited me to the chatroom and I had asked the guy how he found my friend. He said he had gotten it from seeing his PSN ID on the [email protected] account. Turns out cwinters2k8 had traded the account to him. I asked him for the password as it was my account and he refused (not surprised). I then ask him if he changed the password to the account and he says "i'm going to leave this topic, good day". After that he leaves the chatroom and logs off, then [email protected] (DAORULES) logs on. This makes me come to the conclusion that A-F-A-Marshal changed the password.

Should I add A-F-A-Marshal to the scammers list?

[quote name='harleymandvdson']

Should I add A-F-A-Marshal to the scammers list?[/QUOTE]

Feel free. He changed the password. If he does that now, imagine what will happen on the 18th.

PS3 gamesharing was a nice perk for the PS3 when it was losing the battle to 360. Now that public interest has shifted in favor to the PS3, they don't need it.

I really dislike DLC in general so this will limit my purchases to only games with extraordinary value.

If I can't resell the product, there is way too large of a gap (value wise) of a digital item vs a physical disk.

Usuyami, can you change the password of my BF3 share. I'd prefer not to know the password, then having someone in the group steal the account.

I don't know what to do about these damn shares. Any suggestions? Or should I just sell my BF3 share to someone

Loving the discussion, keep it up. It's giving me ideas.

For now, I'd like to try a prototype rental system. I have plenty of PS3 games just sitting around not being played. Will give us time to work out the kinks before the 18th.

Here's what I have in mind using Mass Effect 2 as an example:

I will be charging 1/5 the total price of the game. ME2 with Arrival DLC costs $27, making the rental price $5.40, which we will call the refundable deposit. If you choose to rent for a week, I will refund 90% of your deposit after the share has been returned, keeping 10% as the rental fee. If you choose to rent for 2 weeks, I will refund 85%, with 15% as the rental fee. Essentially, this makes the cost to rent for a week 2% of the total price, and 3% for a two-week rental. In the case of Mass Effect 2, $0.54 for 1 week rental, $0.81 for 2 weeks.

Mass Effect 2 + Arrival DLC ($27)
1 week rental - $0.54
2 weeks rental - $0.81
Total deposit required - $5.40

Crysis ($20)
1 week rental - $0.40
2 weeks rental - $0.60
Total deposit required - $4.00

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition ($15)
1 week rental - $0.30
2 weeks rental - $0.45
Total deposit required - $3.00

Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD ($40)
1 week rental - $0.80
2 weeks rental - $1.20
Total deposit required - $8.00

The rental fees are almost microscopic but that is intentional. This is to help promote and usher in the new era of renting. With this system in place, everyone wins. I pay a little less for my games with a little more work. Gamers, especially the fast ones, get to play games for a fraction of a fraction of the price. Best of all, Sony gets to cry themselves to sleep as they don't get a single penny from this. :D

Btw, we should really start a social group for people who are interested in participating in something like this.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']I'm cautious about selling my shares to anyone with a new account. Seems to me that new users might be outlets trying to steal accounts[/QUOTE]

Yea I just got a PM from a new member who wants my BF3 slot. It's too much of a lose for me to risk it. Anyone know if Manhead is legit?

Also i'd be in for the renting idea.

Selling:
Battlefield 3- $16.80 (available 11/10)

PM me if interested

Im In to win!

Funk Sony, they should not overprice digital content in the first place, look at steam, they put games on sale for 75% off all the time. I feel no need to share my account with my other steam friends

[quote name='Usuyami']Loving the discussion, keep it up. It's giving me ideas.

For now, I'd like to try a prototype rental system. I have plenty of PS3 games just sitting around not being played. Will give us time to work out the kinks before the 18th.

I will be charging 1/5 the total price of the game. ME2 with Arrival DLC costs $27, making the rental price $5.40, which we will call the refundable deposit. If you choose to rent for a week, I will refund 90% of your deposit after the share has been returned, keeping 10% as the rental fee. If you choose to rent for 2 weeks, I will refund 85%, with 15% as the rental fee. Essentially, this makes the cost to rent for a week 2% of the total price, and 3% for a two-week rental. In the case of Mass Effect 2, $0.54 for 1 week rental, $0.81 for 2 weeks.

1 week rental - $0.54
2 weeks rental - $0.81

Crysis ($20)
1 week rental - $0.40
2 weeks rental - $0.60

1 week rental - $0.30
2 weeks rental - $0.45

1 week rental - $0.80
2 weeks rental - $1.20

The rental fees are almost microscopic but that is intentional. This is to help promote and usher in the new era of renting. With this system in place, everyone wins. I pay a little less for my games with a little more work. Gamers, especially the fast ones, get to play games for a fraction of a fraction of the price. Best of all, Sony gets to cry themselves to sleep as they don't get a single penny from this. :D

Btw, we should really start a social group for people who are interested in participating in something like this.[/QUOTE]

sellin

final fantasy tactics + suikoden $ 1.50
ff7 - parasite eve - legend of mana - blood omen - suikoden - $3

[/QUOTE]

Great idea Usuyami! I personally don't see myself using this service (hectic schedule, free time jumps around) but if the rental costs are really cheap, why not? The challenge is to find people willing to host this. Which is the challenge to pretty much all the ideas that we have come up with. Mid if I copy this to the third post just to document it? It'll be hard to find it if it gets buried. WIll also copy the tier pricing that NSYNC posted a few pages back.

For sale

Account 1:Flower - $2

Account 2:Resident evil 4, code Veronica x, ps plus (a little over a month left) - $8

Resident evil 4 purchased
Code Veronica x purchased

Ps plus titles on account are as follows (these will end in a little over a month)

Hydrophobia prophecy ps3
Altered beast ps3
Plants vs zombies ps3
Costume quest ps3
Dead nation ps3

Resident evil 1,2,3 ps1
Crash bandicoot 1,2,3, crash team racing ps1
Jet Moto ps1

Rumble trucks minis
Street smart minis
Age of zombies minis
Alien zombie death minis

Discount for buying multiple accounts or all at once

Looking to buy a share with Borderlands + all DLC (preferably purchased from when the bundle was on sale for $15 on PSN)

If there other games on the account, even better. I`m willing to pay for them too. Just want to make a last-ditch effort to buy a huge gameshare slot with a lot of games on it , mostly full PS3 games. PM me. Must have Borderlands, that`s all I ask.

Selling
Okabu $3
Limbo $3
Ghostbusters $2
All Borderlands DLC $3
Tales of Monkey Island $3
BFBC2 Onslaught/BF1943 $2
Funky Lab Rat $2

Tentative want list once I refill my funds:
Sidescroller, Rochard, Echochrome 2, Explodemon, Tumble, Swarm, Crysis

Full Retail Games:
Bulletstorm, Modnation Racers, Red Faction Guerilla/Armageddon, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Battlefield 3, Dead Space 2, Infamous 2, Black Ops, PoP Trilogy, Split/Second

Is the Uncharted 3 online pass shareable?

For sale

Account 1: Make an offer (one slot)
Infamous 2

Account 2: Make an offer (one slot)
Infamous 2 Super Voucher (Hero Edition)
Sniper Blast Skill DLC

We can work out something if you take both accounts. PM me if interested.

Selling:

Dead Space 2 - $8.50

Looking for:

Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den DLC
Bioshock 2 Sinclair Solutions tester pack DLC
Enslaved Pigsy Perfect 10 DLC
Dead Space 2 Severed DLC

PM me please, thanks.

[quote name='pixi']Anyone up for a one-time share of black ops/crysis/hasbro for $20 each?

1. pixi[/QUOTE]
I would definitely be up for it except for the Hasbro since I doubt many other people would want it. But if you find another three people who want it with the Hasbro count me in as well.

bastiartadi: "" If everyone wanted to play right away, and everyone who wants it, has it already (ala BF3), there will be no resale value or at least, it will be difficult unless you have a discount. ""

- this wouldn't be the case at all. not only was BF3 the only game i've seen multiple groups forming over EVER in this forum, but now with the 2 activation limit, there will hardly be many hosts to any 1 game .. making the 50% groups work.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Im In to win!

Funk Sony, they should not overprice digital content in the first place, look at steam, they put games on sale for 75% off all the time. I feel no need to share my account with my other steam friends[/QUOTE]
Sony only prices their own content, the publisher determines the price.

I am starting a share for the EU fortune hunter club for uncharted 3..

25 EUR/5 EUR pp

- Zuttasoxx
- Friend
- Friend

Selling a share that includes:

Prototype
Trine
Infamous
LittleBigPlanet
ModNation Racers PSP
LittleBigPlanet PSP

$8 Paypal gift, please PM if interested.

[quote name='Zuttasoxx']

25 EUR/5 EUR pp
EU Fortune Hunter Club - Uncharted 3

- Zuttasoxx
- Friend
- Friend
- iRobotZombie

[/QUOTE]

I'm down.

Joe Danger + Pixeljunk 2nd Lap + Bomberman Ultra + Infamous + Dead Nation - 5 Games, $2

still can't believe this hasn't sold - rare games; all are great imo.

[quote name='Just2Dirty']Joe Danger + Pixeljunk 2nd Lap + Bomberman Ultra + Infamous + Dead Nation - 5 Games, $2

still can't believe this hasn't sold - rare games; all are great imo.[/QUOTE]

PMd :D

PS Play $12
The Baconing +theme & dlc
Street Fighter 3 Online Edition +theme & dlc
Bloodrayne: Betrayal +theme
Renegade Ops + theme
Payday: The Heist +theme

Buy this and I will give the money to the HumbleBundle charity thing

Selling:

Dead Space 2 - $8.50

Looking for:

Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den DLC
Bioshock 2 Sinclair Solutions tester pack DLC
Enslaved Pigsy Perfect 10 DLC
Dead Space 2 Severed DLC

PM me please, thanks.

[quote name='bastiartadi']Great idea Usuyami! I personally don't see myself using this service (hectic schedule, free time jumps around) but if the rental costs are really cheap, why not? The challenge is to find people willing to host this. Which is the challenge to pretty much all the ideas that we have come up with. Mid if I copy this to the third post just to document it? It'll be hard to find it if it gets buried. WIll also copy the tier pricing that NSYNC posted a few pages back.[/QUOTE]

Why would it be hard to find someone to host it? It seems like it'd be relatively easy -- I want to play the game, I just make an account and buy it. I can rent out the other slot right away for a fixed length of time. When I'm done, I can rent out my slot too.

[quote name='Just2Dirty']Joe Danger + Pixeljunk 2nd Lap + Bomberman Ultra + Infamous + Dead Nation - 5 Games, $2

still can't believe this hasn't sold - rare games; all are great imo.[/QUOTE]

Ill take this.

1 week rental - $0.54
2 weeks rental - $0.81

Crysis ($20)
1 week rental - $0.40
2 weeks rental - $0.60

1 week rental - $0.30
2 weeks rental - $0.45

1 week rental - $0.80
2 weeks rental - $1.20

Btw, we should really start a social group for people who are interested in participating in something like this.[/QUOTE]
Excellent idea. :D
Availability and member trust are issues, but I believe that can be solved by making group admission require a single game contribution. That way, we will always have at least a 1:1 member/game ratio, and the contribution will tell the group admin that the member is serious. Keep up a sinners list for those who do the group wrong, and the rest will sustain itself. Rental fees can be used to rent games from other users, and voila -- we all get a virtually free pass at PSN after our initial contribution.

Lets keep this going... I want to see this idea become a reality.

[quote name='iwarboY']
his wouldn't be the case at all. not only was BF3 the only game i've seen multiple groups forming over EVER in this forum, but now with the 2 activation limit, there will hardly be many hosts to any 1 game .. making the 50% groups work.[/QUOTE]

Okay, let's say there are 4 people who want BF3. What can happen is all 4 decide to buy it right away and thus forming 2 groups. What happens when they are finished? Nothing. What they paid for is now a sunk cost. No one will buy there share because everyone that has it, owns it already.

The alternative being a waitlist. 1 group is formed with a waitlist. After the first wo are done, they sell it to the next two who are waiting at a cheaper price. Then it continues until it's cheap (30-20% of the full price). By then, people might give it a go and try it.

Making groups at 50% off is still a deal, but there is no resale value to it.

[quote name='envelopes']Why would it be hard to find someone to host it? It seems like it'd be relatively easy -- I want to play the game, I just make an account and buy it. I can rent out the other slot right away for a fixed length of time. When I'm done, I can rent out my slot too.[/QUOTE]

Well yes. But if there is a chance for you to rent it and finish versus paying for 50% of the price, wouldn't you want to rent it instead?

Let's put it this way, if Gamestop offered you to rent Uncharted 3 for $1 per week, would you buy the game, play it, and rent it to your friends for $1 a week (to get some of the money back) OR would you just rent it from Gamestop?

[quote name='envelopes']Why would it be hard to find someone to host it? It seems like it'd be relatively easy -- I want to play the game, I just make an account and buy it. I can rent out the other slot right away for a fixed length of time. When I'm done, I can rent out my slot too.[/QUOTE]

Well yes. But if there is a chance for you to rent it and finish versus paying for 50% of the price, wouldn't you want to rent it instead?

Let's put it this way, if Gamestop offered you to rent Uncharted 3 for $1 per week, would you buy the game, play it, and rent it to your friends for $1 a week OR would you just rent it from Gamestop?

Don't quite get what you mean on that last bit bastiartadi, but buying a 50% split and renting it would of course give your money back and have you complete the game for nearly nothing.

[quote name='bastiartadi']
Let's put it this way, if Gamestop offered you to rent Uncharted 3 for $1 per week, would you buy the game, play it, and rent it to your friends for $1 a week (to get some of the money back) OR would you just rent it from Gamestop?[/QUOTE]
If there is a demand for it, and rental fees are based on the original prices, it will eventually pay for itself. And once it does, any additional rental charges will accumulate for the owner. This idea is far from perfect for the more expensive games, but there is still at least some incentive to do this, aside from supporting the group in general.

[quote name='Xxamir15xX']Selling:

Warhammer 40k Space Marines (From UK PSN)

2 spots available @ $17 ea.[/QUOTE]

I'll take both, just sent you a PM.

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Don't quite get what you mean on that last bit bastiartadi, but buying a $50 split and renting it would of course give your money back and have you complete the game for nearly nothing.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Then I guess it won't be a problem them. I do understand that its an investment but it will take quite a while to get back what you paid for. I assumed people here would mostly want to get it for cheap instead of being the 'investor'. But hey, if there are people who are willing, sure! It's a great idea to be honest, I was just pointing out possible chinks in the details.

You are very right to as well! Some people can not be bothered to set the whole host thing up and would rather pay $ to get the login details.

Lets see how it runs, I might even be a Host if the deals are right at the right time ;)

We'll get by. If I don't get in a 2 person group, I know I will be still buying games here and there that I won't mind sharing some with trusted CAGs. I don't care about getting a rental fee back really, but for people I don't know as well, a security deposit should solve any issues of lending a game out.

Sony can change the rules, but they cannot stop this community. We will always find ways to help each other out and save money. It is what we do.

[quote name='iRobotZombie']You are very right to as well! Some people can not be bothered to set the whole host thing up and would rather pay $ to get the login details.

Lets see how it runs, I might even be a Host if the deals are right at the right time ;)[/QUOTE]

I will laugh if the activation loop hole stays open. All this discussion for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back