CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new online deactivation thingy active, is there a way to deactivate a specific PS3?

Because my PS3 broke down back in May, and its motherboard or something has been replaced, so the network identies it as a different console, and so all my previous gameshares were lost. I was hoping that this way I could deactivate my original accounts on those gameshare groups, and log in with my current PS3, but I just simply can't determine which PS3 could be mine from the list.

What do you think the easiest solution would be to my problem?

[quote name='bill123']Hey guys REALLY trying to get these shares back that were sniped from me.[/QUOTE]

Bill, I think you bought the share from me, did you ever activate?

[quote name='ako127']With the new online deactivation thingy active, is there a way to deactivate a specific PS3?

Because my PS3 broke down back in May, and its motherboard or something has been replaced, so the network identies it as a different console, and so all my previous gameshares were lost. I was hoping that this way I could deactivate my original accounts on those gameshare groups, and log in with my current PS3, but I just simply can't determine which PS3 could be mine from the list.

What do you think the easiest solution would be to my problem?[/QUOTE]

you can't use the deactivation system to deactivate specific systems. only "all systems" activated and only once every 6 months. Individual deactivation has to be done from the specific ps3. So if you have a ylod/dead ps3 system, only way to deactivate it is to deactivate all systems and then reactivate others again.

[quote name='BustdMagz']I am sure flames is a scammer I just did a trade with him, BF3 for RDR. So he gives me his info and I dl the game, then when I gave him the BF3 info 2 minutes later the password changes and he denies changing it. Anyone change the password to [email protected] ? I changed his RDR account password as I thought that was fair............. Whoever has a slot off that account make sure you weren't deactivated.[/QUOTE]

NO. see, this is where shit gets real. there are 2 things i don't find amusing at all. the first being you giving a password to someone you and many in this forum 'suspected' as a scammer.. and that the being the gameshare could easily had been stolen, you blatently gave everyones account information to this person.
1) you totally disrespected the other people involved in this gameshare knowing the account could be reset, deactivating all shares. really messed up of you.

[quote name='iwarboY']NO. see, this is where shit gets real. there are 2 things i don't find amusing at all. the first being you giving a password to someone you and many in this forum 'suspected' as a scammer.. and that the being the gameshare could easily had been stolen, you blatently gave everyones account information to this person.
1) you totally disrespected the other people involved in this gameshare knowing the account could be reset, deactivating all shares. really messed up of you.[/QUOTE]

Actually just heard a little more info on the whole subject and its not looking good for bustd, and flames really cause its looking like he got an account stolen. Flames I sent you a pm, please check it out when you get a chance.

This is really screwed up here lately, it used to be 99%clean, legit trading/purchasing and all these fuckers ruin it for us all, and we all get screwed over from it because these assholes dont realize they dont have the only slot!

[quote name='iwarboY']NO. see, this is where shit gets real. there are 2 things i don't find amusing at all. the first being you giving a password to someone you and many in this forum 'suspected' as a scammer.. and that the being the gameshare could easily had been stolen, you blatently gave everyones account information to this person.
1) you totally disrespected the other people involved in this gameshare knowing the account could be reset, deactivating all shares. really messed up of you.[/QUOTE]

Sucks for you then doesn't it? SORRY i cant get my fucking money back on a piece of shit game. So how about you shut the fuck up, stop complaining over a shitty game, and spend your time trying to get it back.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Bill, I think you bought the share from me, did you ever activate?[/QUOTE]

I bought a share of the infamous 2 dlc from you and that too had my share sniped. I activated almost all of these but my system took a dump but before it did I deactivated everything I could. Now i tried re adding everything to my new system and these had my slot taken. It really pisses me off since I paid for these.

[quote name='BustdMagz']Sucks for you then doesn't it? SORRY i cant get my fucking money back on a piece of shit game. So how about you shut the fuck up, stop complaining over a shitty game, and spend your time trying to get it back.[/QUOTE]

this isn't about ' your ' (share)game. see. this is about community.
in this case, you gave 5 shares away.

[quote name='iwarboY']this isn't about ' your ' game. see. this is about community.[/QUOTE]

No thats where you are wrong bro, this IS about MY game. You pretty much are defeating the purpose of this community anyway, this "community" is meant for GAMESHARING! So if im not allowed to GAMESHARE my slot of BF3 in this so called "community" then I dont see why im a part of it. So im out, ban me bitches. Since gamesharing is not allowed then BAN ME BITCHES!!

[quote name='iwarboY']this isn't about ' your ' (share)game. see. this is about community.
in this case, you gave 5 shares away.[/QUOTE]

Assuming it was flames, after hearing the back story of some other crap that happened Im not so sure anymore

[quote name='BustdMagz']How da fuck can I check slots without password?? Change BF3 password back and it will be yours sir.

Edit: He just added me on PS3 and his account has 0 trophies, PSN: BeetleN[/QUOTE]
if BeetleN is indeed his account, +10 scamming EXP for FlameSRox lol, no trophies, no ps+

[quote name='BustdMagz']No thats where you are wrong bro, this IS about MY game. You pretty much are defeating the purpose of this community anyway, this "community" is meant for GAMESHARING! So if im not allowed to GAMESHARE my slot of BF3 in this so called "community" then I dont see why im a part of it. So im out, ban me bitches. Since gamesharing is not allowed then BAN ME BITCHES!![/QUOTE]

if you don't take other peoples hard earned money seriously, then you pretty much are all about yourself.
especially with the current fragile state of gamesharing.

[quote name='BustdMagz']No thats where you are wrong bro, this IS about MY game. You pretty much are defeating the purpose of this community anyway, this "community" is meant for GAMESHARING! So if im not allowed to GAMESHARE my slot of BF3 in this so called "community" then I dont see why im a part of it. So im out, ban me bitches. Since gamesharing is not allowed then BAN ME BITCHES!![/QUOTE]

Real cool bro. Go rip off some more foreign n00bs.

The human element, ain't it a bitch?

A lot of you see or think of gamesharing as a sort of business, yet you don't treat it as such. I don't see or hear of much discussion as to the creation of a system for gamesharing that works, given the current changes to the activation policy (if an ongoing conversation is indeed happening that I am not aware of then I offer my apologies). As long as humans are involved there will always be complications and some loses, so it makes sense and would be worth our time to develop a system that lessens these unwanted occurrences.

A free market approach which some are still practicing (like BustdMagz) will not work because people (again like BustdMagz) are for the most part uneducated and inconsiderate of others.

At the very least, as some are suggesting, constant communication amongst the group and frequent password updates should be implemented. This places a bit more work on the host, but I think it is worth it, we save a lot of money on our particular brand of entertainment. It's shouldn't be much to ask of a shareholder to contact the host (who would in turn contact the rest of the group) when he intends to sell his share, and to whom. We are all in this together, it pays to be considerate of others.

[quote name='jonfelkin']With the Reddead thing I guess its just liars and cheats +legends and killers that dont work? The rest should be ok for everyone is that correct?[/QUOTE]

I'll answer this in the middle of all of this bullshit...

Yes all that I have got to work is RDR and Undead Nightmare the rest of the DLC does not work.

One group was going to test it a d report back but have not yet.

Why are you guys getting so mad at BustdMagz? All he did was try to give FlameSRox a chance.... I personally don't think BustdMagz scammed FlameSRox, I think it was the other way around. Then again that's just me.... Feel free to bash this post.

This is a prime example of the types of individuals we could do without. For the sake of any future shares anyone is invonved with I suggest you go ahead and endeavor to fulfill his wish of being banned. Any hosts who currently deals with BustdMagz need to think about changing the pass to your group immediately. Although he may not be acting purposefully with any ill will, he is certainly displaying a frightening lack of consideration for the welfare of anyone involved in any of his share groups.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Why are you guys getting so mad at BustdMagz? All he did was try to give FlameSRox a chance.... I personally don't think BustdMagz scammed FlameSRox, I think it was the other way around. Then again that's just me.... Feel free to bash this post.[/QUOTE]

This could very well be the case but look at how he is behaving after the fact (and indeed before with him selling his share). A clear disregard for everyone involved.

If gamesharing is to thrive once more a bigger emphasis on cooperation and thoughtfulness will need to be adhered to.

Can I get help with the Red Dead Thing. Does the old content still work if they dont log into the account? I managed to install the old Reddead but the Undead Nightmare doesnt work, but this may be due to me signing back on to the account. If it will still work I will change the password for now to avoid 2 more people logging on and not being able to use undead nightmare at all.

Edit - Sorry was playing a game and missed the response, Will change PW for now and let group members know. Cos i cant get the old Undead working since I logged back on. Trying to reinstall again to confirm.

From what I understand, people are bitching at Bustd because he sold a big share to a newbie.

Let's just put it this way Bustd, selling to a newbie is not illegal. But it is frowned upon.

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']This could very well be the case but look at how he is behaving after the fact (and indeed before with him selling his share). A clear disregard for everyone involved.

If gamesharing is to thrive once more a bigger emphasis on cooperation and thoughtfulness will need to be adhered to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I see that, but sometimes people act without thinking, which this could possibly be the mistake he made. Everyone make mistakes in life, it's human nature. The problem is, people automatically coming to the assumption that he did this without thinking of others. Again, he probably wasn't thinking about this problem arising, but he might've not notice it would affect others. Maybe this problem didn't cross his mind. He thought as long as he went 1st there wouldn't be any problems, but there was....

I see why you guys are mad, but have you taken into consideration that he wasn't thinking of the risks when he did this?

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']This is a prime example of the types of individuals we could do without. For the sake of any future shares anyone is invonved with I suggest you go ahead and endeavor to fulfill his wish of being banned. Any hosts who currently deals with BustdMagz need to think about changing the pass to your group immediately. Although he may not be acting purposefully with any ill will, he is certainly displaying a frightening lack of consideration for the welfare of anyone involved in any of his share groups.

This could very well be the case but look at how he is behaving after the fact (and indeed before with him selling his share). A clear disregard for everyone involved.

If gamesharing is to thrive once more a bigger emphasis on cooperation and thoughtfulness will need to be adhered to.[/QUOTE]

i agree wholeheartedly, well said. anyone would be wise to follow suit.

[quote name='Brainberry']I like reading Steamboats post in a English accent.[/QUOTE]

Lmfao that could make any post kinda fun :D Try to read 3 posts without a grin like that lol

[quote name='bastiartadi']From what I understand, people are bitching at Bustd because he sold a big share to a newbie.

Let's just put it this way Bustd, selling to a newbie is not illegal. But it is frowned upon.[/QUOTE]

It's not just that, it's that he sold it to a guy who's first post of the day was this:

[quote name='FlameSRox']a friend have a 50 code por us psn, hes looking for bf3, rdr and re5gold[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's BustdMagz fault or anything, I can see he was trying to give the guy a chance.. but it was pretty obvious that FlameSRox was up to something, new or not. Those games are worth what? Around $30 per share if they're combined? And his "friend" was offering a $50 PSN code? Yeah..

[quote name='jlazenby1']Lmfao that could make any post kinda fun :D Try to read 3 posts without a grin like that lol[/QUOTE]

haha

I also enjoy reading NSYNC's post as if I'm singing.

So much drama lol. My wife is no letting me near the ps3 this weekend so I havent been able to download all the shares I bought, so if you sold me a share and changed the password, let me know.

[quote name='sunghost']It's not just that, it's that he sold it to a guy who's first post of the day was this:

I'm not saying it's BustdMagz fault or anything, I can see he was trying to give the guy a chance.. but it was pretty obvious that FlameSRox was up to something, new or not. Those games are worth what? Around $30 per share if they're combined? And his "friend" was offering a $50 PSN code? Yeah..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, funny how he was looking for RDR then also had it available to trade with..

I mean, its common sense.

[quote name='Fred87nc']So much drama lol. My wife is no letting me near the ps3 this weekend so I havent been able to download all the shares I bought, so if you sold me a share and changed the password, let me know.[/QUOTE]
Grow some balls and get on your ps3 to activate your slots so you can save people the hassle if someone snipes you. I mean its only a matter of minutes of logging in and activating.....

Premeditated edit: Not meant to insult you.

[quote name='sunghost'] I can see he was trying to give the guy a chance.. [/QUOTE]

His intentions where anything but that. He has clearly stated that he was solely looking to unload a share of a game he found to be shitty. He was adamant about doing whatever he wanted with the share despite any possible consequences. He even affirmed this stance by offering himself up to be banned.

[quote name='Brainberry']haha

I also enjoy reading NSYNC's post as if I'm singing.[/QUOTE]

LOL damnit, now I'm going to read all of NSYNC's posts as if it's GLaDOS singing.

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']His intentions where anything but that. He has clearly stated that he was solely looking to unload a share of a game he found to be shitty. He was adamant about doing whatever he wanted with the share despite any possible consequences. He even affirmed this stance by offering himself up to be banned.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'd have to read the last few pages (I read a couple at first and then went to sleep, woke up and read the last page lol). Didn't know that.

[quote name='Brainberry']haha

I also enjoy reading NSYNC's post as if I'm singing.[/QUOTE]

Lmao Im havin some drinks tonight so I might play karaoke CAG but with the english accent :D

[quote name='Brainberry']
Grow some balls and get on your ps3 to activate your slots so you can save people the hassle if someone snipes you. I mean its only a matter of minutes of logging in and activating.....

Premeditated edit: Not meant to insult you.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Consideration, a little goes a long way.

@BustdMagz, from my understanding of your posts, not sure how you logged in the BF3 account that you were selling, since I already have changed the password.
Also why did you trade with FlameSRox, with the wrong password. Plus you are risking the chance that FlameSRox may deactivate everyone's slot on that account.

@FlameSRox, improve your basic English spelling, I don't think it is that hard, especially on a game sharing thread where trust and communication is needed.

[quote name='ProAtWork']@BustdMagz, from my understanding of your posts, not sure how you logged in the BF3 account that you were selling, since I already have changed the password.
Also why did you trade with FlameSRox, with the wrong password. Plus you are risking the chance that FlameSRox may deactivate everyone's slot on that account.

@FlameSRox, improve your basic English spelling, I don't think it is that hard, especially on a game sharing thread where trust and communication is needed.[/QUOTE]

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

I wonder if bustdmags gave him the pass without even checking if it worked and thinks flame changed it when fact is you did.

Are you saying that you can still log on that account with the password that you changed it too?

[quote name='ProAtWork']@BustdMagz, from my understanding of your posts, not sure how you logged in the BF3 account that you were selling, since I already have changed the password.

@FlameSRox, improve your basic English spelling, I don't think it is that hard, especially on a game sharing thread where trust and communication is needed.[/QUOTE]

And there is the verdict, Bustd could not have entered the account before sharing like he had said previously so looks like FlameSRox is off the hook, welcome to cag and bustd, good luck finding shares now

FlamesRox doesn't speak English, he is from argentina and i think he uses a translator, plus he is a member of taringa.net where he did many successful gameshares even with me and on qj and never had problems, now that BustMagz guy... :roll:

i didn't see what he did or anything, just wanted to comment this about the recent problem where supposedly he did something bad.

May I ask when you changed it? It signed on perfectly fine earlier. FlameSRox gave me what he said he would so now you MUST give him the passowrd. Otherwise your a scammer. So im going to take my leave, someone please ban me because I have this undesirable urge to check posts every 5 minutes.

How can someone log in and reset everyone's slot? I didn't know something like that was possible. Now I am worried. :lol:

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']How can someone log in and reset everyone's slot? I didn't know something like that was possible. Now I am worried. :lol:[/QUOTE]

every 6 months it can, and it ONLY affects the user/s with the game/s if they access the account again.

[quote name='BustdMagz']May I ask when you changed it? It signed on perfectly fine earlier. FlameSRox gave me what he said he would so now you MUST give him the passowrd. Otherwise your a scammer. So im going to take my leave, someone please ban me because I have this undesirable urge to check posts every 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

This might be true pro(not the scammer part)^^^

You've hosted many groups for BF3 so maybe you forgot to change the password on one of them?

[quote name='BustdMagz']May I ask when you changed it? It signed on perfectly fine earlier. FlameSRox gave me what he said he would so now you MUST give him the passowrd. Otherwise your a scammer. So im going to take my leave, someone please ban me because I have this undesirable urge to check posts every 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Lmao so you attempt to scam someone, get caught, then bail and try to put it on pro? That aint right, I hope you get banned soon man, you used to be a legit trader so idk wtf happened, thought we brought you up better than that on qj but I guess not

[quote name='Megadrixfire']every 6 months it can, and it ONLY affects the user/s with the game/s if they access the account again.[/QUOTE]

So as long as I never went in that account it would be fine?

[quote name='jlazenby1']Lmao so you attempt to scam someone, get caught, then bail and try to put it on pro? That aint right, I hope you get banned soon man, you used to be a legit trader so idk wtf happened, thought we brought you up better than that on qj but I guess not[/QUOTE]

Wtf are you talking about :whistle2:s Where did I scam exactly? How was I caught?

[quote name='Megadrixfire']Yes, you'll be fine, but it's still risky.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I assumed it couldn't mess up a share if you never accessed the account it was tied to again.

Everyone chill out. Don't accuse him of being a scammer just yet. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and there's still parts missing like Brainberry is pointing to.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Everyone chill out. Don't accuse him of being a scammer just yet. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and there's still parts missing like Brainberry is pointing to.[/QUOTE]

Maybe but it doesnt look good. Pro when was the password changed? If it was changed before today then bustd is lying because I have never seen or heard of an account being accessed from an old password, so thats why Im jumping to this conclusion, not to mention hes been accused of scamming before.. Id like to see when the pass was changed and imo that settles it, everyone else can hold there own opinion but thats mine and I do believe it has enough logic and reason behind it to withstand

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back