CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone kindly help me out here? I bought a resell of RE6 from Mageshadow (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/338180-mageshadow/) back on September the 21st, and I had planned to keep it hidden away (my supposed resell slot that I had checked at the time of sale -- the account had only 1 PS3 activated) until mid October when I can actually activate it and download the game. Well that time is now and low and behold I check online on the SEN website to see if my spot is still there and it says the account has already been activated on 2 PS3 consoles, so there is no way for me to download the game and activate the resell spot I bought from Mageshadow back in September, on my PS3.

Anybody got an idea who is the host of this share and who are the two people who have it activated on their PS3 consoles now. I rightfully paid for the resell slot of this gameshare and at the time of sale (and immediately after) it was only activated on 1 PS3 console, now I check a few weeks later to finally download, install, activate and play but its already activated on 2?

I told Mageshadow that I had planned to play the game in October.

Would like this issue to be resolved as soon as possible. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone kindly help me out here? I bought a resell of RE6 from Mageshadow (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/338180-mageshadow/) back on September the 21st, and I had planned to keep it hidden away (my supposed resell slot that I had checked at the time of sale -- the account had only 1 PS3 activated) until mid October when I can actually activate it and download the game. Well that time is now and low and behold I check online on the SEN website to see if my spot is still there and it says the account has already been activated on 2 PS3 consoles, so there is no way for me to download the game and activate the resell spot I bought from Mageshadow back in September, on my PS3.

Anybody got an idea who is the host of this share and who are the two people who have it activated on their PS3 consoles now. I rightfully paid for the resell slot of this gameshare and at the time of sale (and immediately after) it was only activated on 1 PS3 console, now I check a few weeks later to finally download, install, activate and play but its already activated on 2?

I bought resident evil 6 resell from megashadow on Sep 21. he was selling multiple RE6 shares at the time.

this is the email of the account he sold me: [email protected]

Can someone kindly help me out here? I bought a resell of RE6 from Mageshadow (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/338180-mageshadow/) back on September the 21st, and I had planned to keep it hidden away (my supposed resell slot that I had checked at the time of sale -- the account had only 1 PS3 activated) until mid October when I can actually activate it and download the game. Well that time is now and low and behold I check online on the SEN website to see if my spot is still there and it says the account has already been activated on 2 PS3 consoles, so there is no way for me to download the game and activate the resell spot I bought from Mageshadow back in September, on my PS3.

you got what we call "sniped" - this is why you always activate the acct on your console immediately. you can just activate the game, then delete the user to prevent that.

For Sale:

- $50 PSN codes - $46.50 each

- $20 PSN codes - $18.50 each

- Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS3) - sellable, timeshare

- Sound Shapes - sellable, phantom, timeshare

- Portal 2 - sellable

- The Unfinished Swan - timeshare
- Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City + all 3 Echo Six expansions - sellable, phantom, timeshare

- Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition (includes full game + various DLC packs) - sellable, phantom, timeshare (currently out on loan)
- Sleeping Dogs "Year of the Snake" DLC - sellable, timeshare
- Sleeping Dogs "Nightmare in Northpoint" DLC - sellable, timeshare

All shares (sellable, phantom, and timeshares) are offered on a pay-what-you-want model.

PM me if interested. Thanks.

I bought some resells. I thought you don't touch the user account otherwise it's unplayable?
Deleting the user will make the game unplayable.

you can delete the user (as a resell) if you don't plan to use the content anytime soon. activating your slot, at the least, ensures your slot won't get sniped later on. you can then choose to not download the content and delete the user, untill you have the hdd/user space.

Did anyone contact MageShadow about this. I have dealt with him tons of times without issue. He would be able to say who he sold the accounts to. That would be a start.

I bought two resells.  Do I touch the passwords on the resell account or leave it? 

I downloaded and activated them

Did anyone contact MageShadow about this. I have dealt with him tons of times without issue. He would be able to say who he sold the accounts to. That would be a start.
I agree, I've dealt with MageShadow a few times and he's a good guy, best to get in touch with him as he seems to visit this thread a lot less now.

Can someone kindly help me out here?

You need to find all people who had access to the account (had the account info) in between when you saw 1 and when you saw 2 active devices. You then need to have all members concerned deactivate their system, save for the owner of the other slot. Of course, you'll have no way of knowing if all members did deactivate, even if they say they did - they could lie. That aside, you have to actually know who had the account info. If the account info was never changed and if the game was purchased near release, you'll have a harder time than if they were and weren't, respectively. You shouldn't have left the slot open like that for such a long period without changing the password first (notifying the other resell first obviously), but Mage should have done so or at least mentioned the risks involved. More than likely, you were sniped accidentally, so it shouldn't be too hard to find who did it.

I bought two resells. Do I touch the passwords on the resell account or leave it?

I downloaded and activated them
I suggest changing them, AFTER you contact the other owner and agree on a new password. DO NOT change it without the other owner's knowledge. You don't have to change it, but doing so can decrease certain risks that come up when many people have the account info.

MAFIA II: Ultimate Edition

$10

1. Apollyon

----------

$5

1. Albasha

----------------------

Resell:

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - $6
Bioshock 1 - $4

Phantoms:

Darksiders & Darksiders 2 (+ Crash Bandicoot 1&2, Infamous, Wipeout HD) - $3
AC Revelations - $2

Saints Row 3  - $2
Black Ops 2 & Season Pass - $Offers
Far Cry 3 - $Offers

Yeah, will be awesome, people from all places, the BR team lives a great moment... but, man the things here are so overpriced comparing to other countries, from a BigMac to a car, anywhere is cheaper than here. Well, this isn't something new, Brazil is recognized as one of the countries with the highest tax charges in the world, unfortunately =(

Yes, you can have multiple users signed into PSN at once, but only the home system(buyer) can play using a alternative user.

The second PS4 will have to be signed to this acc to play the game so, for the 2nd PS4 will only get the trophies from the game on this acc.

I think that deactivating from site(to phantom the game) wouldn't change anything bc the game license is attached to the buyer system, so the 2nd will still need to be signed in the acc to play the game.

One solution would be 2 guys who trust each other, only use 1 acc to buy/share all games if both have interest on getting trophies.

Well, i'm relying in what people have posted about this till now.

*Edit - PS: Come on Sox, hooold on!!!!
Wait a minute...you are in Brazil and root for the Red Sox? wtf

God of War Acension

resell - $13.33

2. Locoxx

phantom - $6.67

1. xTylerX

2.iwarboY

i'll take a phant... who is hosting?
I was thinking of doing the following, but I don't know if I'll end up doing it, since I don't know if I'd ever get around to actually playing it, so maybe someone else can benefit from it:

You could get $10 of content for free with the promotion going on. I was considering doing Okami or DMC HD . Okami would end up being free and DMC HD would only be an additional $5. Of course, you could do other content worth $10.

God of War Acension
resell - $13.33
1.BossNian90
2. Locoxx
phantom - $6.67
1. xTylerX
2.iwarboY

I was thinking of doing the following, but I don't know if I'll end up doing it, since I don't know if I'd ever get around to actually playing it, so maybe someone else can benefit from it:
You could get $10 of content for free with the promotion going on. I was considering doing Okami or DMC HD . Okami would end up being free and DMC HD would only be an additional $5. Of course, you could do other content worth $10.
I'll take the other resell if it's ok with you. I can pay by PayPal. Thanks!

Also I have 2 resells spots available for NHL14!

I bought resident evil 6 resell from megashadow on Sep 21. he was selling multiple RE6 shares at the time.

this is the email of the account he sold me: [email protected]
That is indeed the email of the account he sold me. So you activated both slots in the account?

Please get in touch with Mageshadow about the gameshare. If you could kindly deactivate the other resell slot that belongs to me,

I would appreciate that.

Thanks everyone for your input! I greatly appreciate it. So that's what it's called...."sniping".

------------

And......while am here.....some good news for you folks, well I can't confirm this, as I never heard of this site but I was informed about it from a friend of mine. Read the article.

http://www.playstationgamerleague.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/playstation-4/game-says-the-ps4-will-play-all-ps3-digital-con-r70

So, we can play our PS3 Digital games (from our PSN accounts/gameshares) on the PS4. Nice.

That is indeed the email of the account he sold me. So you activated both slots in the account?
Please get in touch with Mageshadow about the gameshare. If you could kindly deactivate the other resell slot that belongs to me,
I would appreciate that.

Thanks everyone for your input! I greatly appreciate it. So that's what it's called...."sniping".

------------

And......while am here.....some good news for you folks, well I can't confirm this, as I never heard of this site but I was informed about it from a friend of mine. Read the article.

http://www.playstationgamerleague.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/playstation-4/game-says-the-ps4-will-play-all-ps3-digital-con-r70

So, we can play our PS3 Digital games (from our PSN accounts/gameshares) on the PS4. Nice.
he never said he activated both accounts just that he bought a share. Also I hope you contacted mageshadow yourself.

like everyone said, next time you buy a resell make sure to activate right away even if you are not playing right away to avoid complications like this one.

God of War Acension
resell - $13.33
1.BossNian90
2. Locoxx
phantom - $6.67
1. xTylerX
2.iwarboY
i've already requested payment from xtylerx to get the ball rolling, i'll host if you'd like, or, if a resell wanted to host(recommended)i'll forward both our payments to you.

i just died on dead space 3 hardcore during the "flying through space" bit right before the final boss bc i was stupidly reading this topic not realizing i wasn't paused. whoever at sony was responsible for allowing me to back saves up to the cloud is my favorite person on the planet right now

he never said he activated both accounts just that he bought a share. Also I hope you contacted mageshadow yourself.

like everyone said, next time you buy a resell make sure to activate right away even if you are not playing right away to avoid complications like this one.
I did, before I posted on here. And I have been doing this (buying shares that I don't activate until weeks later) on GTZ for months, only now here on CAG have I experienced this. You should know since you are a bronze star member there as well. I also have 16 slots already taken up on my PS3 and I usually wait until the games I rent from Amir are done, before I delete them then activate a gameshare. It's not my fault that my spot was snipped, people should learn to only activate their spot and not take another's. And I never said, that he was the person -- I simply asked if he activated both; but it seems that way since the email he listed was indeed the one I have. Also I appreciate the rudeness of your post, as if I have just started gamesharing.

Anyway, who among you want to pledge your money to this -- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boogerman20th/boogerman-20th-anniversary-the-video-game -- ??

I did, before I posted on here. And I have been doing this (buying shares that I don't activate until weeks later) on GTZ for months, only now here on CAG have I experienced this. You should know since you are a member there as well. I also have 16 slots already taken up on my PS3 and I usually wait until the games I rent from Amir are done, before I delete them then activate a gameshare. It's not my fault that my spot was snipped, people should learn to only activate their spot and not take another's. And I never said, that he was the person, but it seems that way since the email he listed was indeed the one I have. Also I appreciate the rudeness of your post, as if I have just started gamesharing.
I don't think he was rude at all, he actually made the post I was going to make because it seemed like you were accusing someone that was just trying to help. I've had shares that were activated on my system and then when I went to sell them it appeared that the password was changed. That's neither my fault nor the potential buyers fault. The bad part about the way you do things is that you make it harder for yourself and the seller by keeping that share in limbo. It's always better to discover a share has been sniped sooner rather than later, either way shit happens and it sucks for all involved. So be rational and ask around without assuming, I've had 2 shares in the past changed so I know the feeling.

I don't think he was rude at all, he actually made the post I was going to make because it seemed like you were accusing someone that was just trying to help. I've had shares that were activated on my system and then when I went to sell them it appear that the password was changed. That's neither my fault nor the potential buyers fault. The bad part about the way you do things is that you make it harder for yourself and the seller by keeping that share in limbo. It's always better to discover a share has been sniped sooner rather than later, either way shit happens and it sucks for all involved. So be rational and ask around without assuming, I've had 2 shares in the past changed so I know the feeling.
Please tell me how I was making an accusation in the post I made? Do accusations end with a question mark and are in the form of a question? And I don't think I was assuming, I was simply stating that if he was indeed the one, then if he could please kindly deactivate but nevertheless contact Mageshadow. Please re-read my post. Anyway gonna go back to work, me and Mage will figure something out and get to the bottom of this soon.

I would appreciate that.

Blogcast ep.94

Psn
-Batman: Arkham Origins
-Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (vita)
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
-Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Ed.
-LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
-Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
-Rocksmith 2014
-Magrunner: Dark Pulse
-Alien Rage
-Beer Pong
-Ethan: Meteor Hunter
-R.U.S.E.
-SpongeBob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge

I did, before I posted on here. And I have been doing this (buying shares that I don't activate until weeks later) on GTZ for months, only now here on CAG have I experienced this. You should know since you are a bronze star member there as well. I also have 16 slots already taken up on my PS3 and I usually wait until the games I rent from Amir are done, before I delete them then activate a gameshare. It's not my fault that my spot was snipped, people should learn to only activate their spot and not take another's. And I never said, that he was the person -- I simply asked if he activated both; but it seems that way since the email he listed was indeed the one I have. Also I appreciate the rudeness of your post, as if I have just started gamesharing.

Anyway, who among you want to pledge your money to this -- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boogerman20th/boogerman-20th-anniversary-the-video-game -- ??

His post didn't come across as rude to me, and it's most likely not Mage that ripped you off. An account could swap hands ten times before it gets to you, and anyone who has had the user/pass could have taken it.. That could easily happen to you on your other site as well, one person doesn't represent the entire community.

haha I wasn't trying to be rude but sorry if I seemed that way but the way you posted, look at my quote, it seemed more accusing than asking to me because of your wording.

I also repeated what everyone said because same thing happened to me before and wanted you to activate next time you buy a share here as who knows how many hands have gone through it.

oh and your original post was a lot nicer than your current edit.

His post didn't come across as rude to me, and it's most likely not Mage that ripped you off. An account could swap hands ten times before it gets to you, and anyone who has had the user/pass could have taken it.. That could easily happen to you on your other site as well, one person doesn't represent the entire community.
I know that one person doesn't represent the entire community, I never said that was the case. And I understand anyone could have taken it, but it was recently deactivated as well on the SEN site (6 months period) so it must be recent.

Alien Rage(comin, oct.22nd)

r-

----------

p-

1.snakey

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE_RvBAJb8A[/youtube]

haha I wasn't trying to be rude but sorry if I seemed that way but the way you posted, look at my quote, it seemed more accusing than asking to me because of your wording.

I also repeated what everyone said because same thing happened to me before and wanted you to activate next time you buy a share here as who knows how many hands have gone through it.

oh and your original post was a lot nicer than your current edit.
Like I said, I am unable to activate certain accounts due to my PS3 16 user list being full, so I have to wait.

But now, I have learned not to do that here, because it seems gameshares pass many hands and are heavily trafficked here.

Won't make the same mistake again, and only buy if I will activate immediately.

Either way, I wasn't making assumptions, I asked him to contact Mageshadow and then if need be, deactivate since his email is the same as mine.

And yeah, I tend to be think about what I posted after it has been posted, then I add to it via edit. Am not in a good mood at the moment (work/school - stress), so pardon if my posts are not as good as they should be and I edit. Either way, by gones will be by gones.

if you have a resell in those 16 users you can just quickly delete one, activate the new share, delete the new share's acct, then replace it with your old resell and reactivate the old resell's game. i have all 16 slots filled but 4 of them are resell slots, so i frequently rotate games whenever i feel like playing em. as long as you keep the games downloaded on your system you will just have to reactivate them, not download the whole thing again.

if you have 16 phantom slots then that sucks, hope you have time to kill that backlog

Unrelated, but just had a pretty awesome mega man x resident evil moment in saints row 4 - vine.co/v/hwQDid0XVzg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back