CAG PSN Gaming Group (Up and running!!)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What I'm thinking is coming up with is a small survery (or questions), that everyone will have to answer, and put it all into one topic[/quote]
That's a cool idea, and I like the list so far. Maybe you can start a new topic for this with a few reserved posts at the top. People can then post their list below and you can have a user list in one of the top posts with links to people's individual posts.

Ideally, there would be both lists by username and by game, so if you wanted to add everyone who has Resistance you could just look at one list. (But that's in an alternate reality where people have time to build databases for online gaming lists.)

Do your thing Mana. I'm not giving my PS3 any love right now, just picked up Madden and Bioshock. When Warhawk comes out I'll be back.

[quote name='metaly']That's a cool idea, and I like the list so far. Maybe you can start a new topic for this with a few reserved posts at the top. People can then post their list below and you can have a user list in one of the top posts with links to people's individual posts.

Ideally, there would be both lists by username and by game, so if you wanted to add everyone who has Resistance you could just look at one list. (But that's in an alternate reality where people have time to build databases for online gaming lists.)[/QUOTE]I'll do it like I did my PS Store thread at another forum. I will reserve a few posts (by making dummy posts) towards the beginning. First post may be introduction (organizing the game nights), 2nd post may list all users info, and the third post may organize everything into games.

If anyone has another other suggestions, let me know and I'll look into it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What I'm thinking is coming up with is a small survery (or questions), that everyone will have to answer, and put it all into one topic, like:

CAG Name: (basically, someones CAG name)
PSN Name: (someone's PSN name)
Headset: (Yes or No question)
Keyboard: (Yes or No question. I ask since it can take time to use the controller to type)
Zone: (Whether you are Recreation, Underground, or Pro. May be good for match making)
Time Zone: (Whether EST, CST, MST, or PST)
Days, Time Available: (like if you're only available Saturday, at 6-10pm your time or something)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: (What games you have that have online multi-player, not games with just leaderboards)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: (So I'd know what games to give priority to)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: (So I'd know what games to definitely make room for in the future)

I'll add/remove stuff to the list.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea mana. Definitely get the new topic started so we can get out of this one. If I could I'd like to go ahead and answer some of those questions, that way you can just carry over my replies to the new topic.

CAG Name: (Silent_Assassin120)
PSN Name: (Silent_Asn120)
Headset: (Yes) Should be here Thursday.
Keyboard: (Yes)
Time Zone: (EST)
Days, Time Available: (One week Tues, Sat, Sun. Other week Friday. I am usually available from 1:00PM to 3:00 PM, and then from 5:00 PM till I go to bed.)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: (Resistance, R6 vegas, The Darkness, and Tekken DR)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: (Resistance)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: (Tekken DR, Metal gear online, Unreal Tournament 3, Haze.)

I just got Madden 08 a few nights ago, so put me down for that now as well. However, please keep in mind I am pretty terrible and cut me some slack, lol. When the online addon for Tekken comes out, I am pretty sure I will download Tekken and the addon as well.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']That is a great idea mana. Definitely get the new topic started so we can get out of this one. If I could I'd like to go ahead and answer some of those questions, that way you can just carry over my replies to the new topic.

CAG Name: (Silent_Assassin120)
PSN Name: (Silent_Asn120)
Headset: (Yes) Should be here Thursday.
Keyboard: (Yes)
Time Zone: (EST)
Days, Time Available: (One week Tues, Sat, Sun. Other week Friday. I am usually available from 1:00PM to 3:00 PM, and then from 5:00 PM till I go to bed.)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: (Resistance, R6 vegas, The Darkness, and Tekken DR)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: (Resistance)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: (Tekken DR, Metal gear online, Unreal Tournament 3, Haze.)[/QUOTE]I'm thinking about adding one more category called "Nickname". Basically, that's the name you want us to call you online when playing. Like for you, that would just be "silent".

As for the Zones, I took that idea from XBL, but I'm only using it so people would know what type of gamer you are:
Recreation - Having fun is the most important, winning is 2nd. Doesn't really swear much.
Underground - Trash talker, swears a lot. Somewhat serious.
Pro - Very serious gamer and is all about winning. May swear a bit.

This is going to be so much easier when HOME hits... we just meet up in an loby and jump in game together... afterwards we can chat online too... and visit each other's HOME.

[quote name='Thomas96']This is going to be so much easier when HOME hits... we just meet up in an loby and jump in game together... afterwards we can chat online too... and visit each other's HOME.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm thinking about adding one more category called "Nickname". Basically, that's the name you want us to call you online when playing. Like for you, that would just be "silent".

As for the Zones, I took that idea from XBL, but I'm only using it so people would know what type of gamer you are:
Recreation - Having fun is the most important, winning is 2nd. Doesn't really swear much.
Underground - Trash talker, swears a lot. Somewhat serious.
Pro - Very serious gamer and is all about winning. May swear a bit.[/QUOTE]

Ah alright you had me lost there with the zones lol. I like both ideas with the nicknames and the zones. For zones I'd be Recreation. Btw I got the Jabra BT125 headset today that you linked me to, you want to fill me in on how to use it? I get that I have to charge it first, once it's charged then what? Just turn it on and it will pair with my PS3?

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']

Ah alright you had me lost there with the zones lol. I like both ideas with the nicknames and the zones. For zones I'd be Recreation. Btw I got the Jabra BT125 headset today that you linked me to, you want to fill me in on how to use it? I get that I have to charge it first, once it's charged then what? Just turn it on and it will pair with my PS3?[/QUOTE]You go to register bluetooth device, then you gotta pair it by entering some code (usually it's 0000, but check the manual). You gotta hold the button to do it.

I apologize, I might not get the other thread started until the weekend, because as of right now, I'm swamped (just joined a staff of gaming site to write stuff, packing my stuff, moving to a new apartment tomorrow, about to ship out a package, etc.).

It's going to be awesome when Home comes out. We can all schedule to meet up in Mana's home go in, the CAGcast will be playing, gametrailers.com videos will be playing on Bravias, and we can all schedule game times and hop in to games together and play our PC-brotherin in Unreal 3 and Brother in Arms HH.

i am constantly disappointed with the PSN store, but then keep realizing that Home is coming out... I know I'll love it due to all the MMO's I've ever played I've only enjoyed the home customization and furnishing parts.

ya I have been watchin some vids aboue HOME it will be really great for CAGs and other online sites. From the PSN store I'm really just waiting for Everyday Shooter.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i am constantly disappointed with the PSN store, but then keep realizing that Home is coming out... I know I'll love it due to all the MMO's I've ever played I've only enjoyed the home customization and furnishing parts.[/QUOTE]Not really the case for me, since there's usually at least one thing I want (this week DiRT, last week Piyotama, week before The Darkness and Advance Research pack, etc.). As long as at least one thing appears I like, I'm happy. :)

[quote name='ighosty']ya I have been watchin some vids aboue HOME it will be really great for CAGs and other online sites. From the PSN store I'm really just waiting for Everyday Shooter.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I want that game too. :)

I want Home, but I'm not getting too excited over it for now. If I did, the wait would kill me. Whenever it comes, I'm ready.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well next week is a huge win/win for everyone since Tekken will be online.[/QUOTE]

I'm so excited... I think I might download the regular Tekken now, then download the new pack that way I don't have to wait so long.

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm so excited... I think I might download the regular Tekken now, then download the new pack that way I don't have to wait so long.[/QUOTE]

It's a good idea to do so if you want to have your characters customized all before online rolls along. I know that's what I've been doing.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well next week is a huge win/win for everyone since Tekken will be online.[/QUOTE]I won't get excited until it's at the store. You never know what may happen.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You go to register bluetooth device, then you gotta pair it by entering some code (usually it's 0000, but check the manual). You gotta hold the button to do it.

I apologize, I might not get the other thread started until the weekend, because as of right now, I'm swamped (just joined a staff of gaming site to write stuff, packing my stuff, moving to a new apartment tomorrow, about to ship out a package, etc.).[/QUOTE]

What manual? The headset manual doesn't tell me jack. The PS3 manual?

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']What manual? The headset manual doesn't tell me jack. The PS3 manual?[/quote]

Not sure how similar the 500 is to the 125, but here's what I did:

- Go to Settings > Accessory Settings > Register Bluetooth Device > Register Headset
- Choose "Start Scanning"
- Make sure your headset is turned on, then hold down the sync/pair button.
- Your headset name should show up on the screen. Hit X and then enter 0000 as the code.

[quote name='metaly']Not sure how similar the 500 is to the 125, but here's what I did:

- Go to Settings > Accessory Settings > Register Bluetooth Device > Register Headset
- Your headset name should show up on the screen. Hit X and then enter 0000 as the code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man I got it to work now. I was going to say this better work after I just paid $40 total for it.

[quote name='metaly']Not sure how similar the 500 is to the 125, but here's what I did:

- Your headset name should show up on the screen. Hit X and then enter 0000 as the code.[/QUOTE]I completely forgot what I did because it was a while ago when I last setup my headset. I only asked silent to look at the instructions (on the BT headset about the pass code). Most are 0000, but you never know.

I hope I can run the gaming group because when I got to my apartment today, tested out my new router and internet connection, I had problems with getting the PS3 online. Well, it would log online, but sign me off too much. I thought it was the internet, but then I found out it was my router causing it. I spent most of my day messing with my router, and eventually I didn't have problems signing on. Only problem is that I'm set at a NAT3, and can't get it off (even following instructions). I tried my BT headset in Resistance and it still worked on that setting, so we'll see. I'm also verifying if my internet speed is okay (it's faster than what I have at home, but inconsistent).

Hopefully I get the issues solved soon. :)

movin back to school tommorrow got a week of work till school starts, but should have plenty of time to play. Resistance should be good, anyone up for some this week?

PSN: QuasidodoJr

Games: Resistance, Madden NFL 08, Rainbow Six: Vegas, All Pro Football 2K8 The Darkness, MotorStorm, F.E.A.R., MLB 2K7, NHL 2K7, NBA 2K7, NBA Street: Home Court, Def Jam: Icon, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Would anyone in the gaming group be interested in a Madden 08 league for PS3? If we have enough people, it might be fun to try out.[/quote]

I'd be game. I'll post up my info tomorrow. Just got my PS3 today. I'll be glad to join you guys ;)

Oh, forgot to say this last post, if a league does start, please let me call Ravens. I'm bad enough at Madden as it is (0-4 online so far, with just about every game ending in a concession or mercy), so at least let me have my team, lol. Also, my new "info card"

CAG Name: DeskLaser
PSN Name: DeskLaser
Headset: No (I have an old bluetooth headset my parents don't use, but it won't turn on to try to pair)
Keyboard: Will have to try to find my old PS2 USB keyboard and see if it works
Time Zone: EST
Days, Time Available: Right now, pretty much any, but that will change after the 26th when I go back to college
PS3 Multiplayer Games Owned: Resistance, Madden 08, MLB 2K7
Current Favorite Online Multiplayer Game: Resistance
Most Anticipated Online Multiplayer Game: Tekken DR Online

I kinda wish there were friend groups, or eve clan setups, where I could put all CAG gamers in one group, members of other forums in other groups, and people I know in real life in another group.

All right, I might have to back out of being the CAG Gaming group coordinator, due to some internet issues in my new apartment. I can still play PS3 games at times, but cannot host (internet speed gets too low at night due to retards downloading too much crap online). I'm still willing to help out in some ways though.

The big reason I took it on was:
-I'm a very loyal PS3 supporter and won't turn my back on PSN (plan to always be on it a lot).
-Other than Monday mornings, my schedule is very open. Basically, I have a lot of things to do, but I can schedule them whenever I want to, so I can easily work around things.
-I can constantly check CAG since I'm always around a PC.
-I believe I'm mostly dependable on showing up to online games. If someone mentions a game I own and there will be a game, I'll usually be there, unless something major is going on.
-In both good/bad ways, I'm very well known here at CAG.
-I've been tired of many online games not working out, due to poor management (not really here, but many sites around the net). I always felt I could do better, so I was hoping on finally doing something right.

Right now, I'm still doing it, but I could quickly back off (that's part of the reason the thread hasn't started yet. Also, I want to perfect it and make sure a mod doesn't close it).

i love when i'm forced to play games i haven't played in a while and see again how good they are. 360 broken again and resistance is in the mail and i have no gamefly game right now so i have been play super star dust, sucks a sick game for 10 bucks.

OK, I just made the leap last night (now I have to change my sig :) )

CAG Name: primetime
PSN Name: Primetime171
Headset: Working on it- should have one within a couple weeks.
Keyboard: None
Time Zone: Central
Days, Time Available: Toss up when school starts- probably M,W,F,Sat,Sun 7-11 pm
PS3 Multiplayer Games: Resistance, F1 Championship Edition, Madden 08
Most Anticipated Multiplayer Game: MGO

Hope you can stick around Mana. You seem like the type of person who can handle the organization.

guess i should post this stuff

CAG Name: iGhosty
PSN Name: iGhosty
Headset: Buying the bundle with warhawk so i should get it around the end of auguest
Time zone: East coast
Days, Time available: School starts next week, but i'm think tuesdays, thursdays, and weekends at night most of the time 7 or later.
PS3 Multiplayer gamers: Resistance (in the mail right now)
Most Anticipated Multiplayer game: Warhawk (already preorded)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I might have to back out of being the CAG Gaming group coordinator, due to some internet issues in my new apartment. I can still play PS3 games at times, but cannot host (internet speed gets too low at night due to retards downloading too much crap online). I'm still willing to help out in some ways though.

The big reason I took it on was:
-I'm a very loyal PS3 supporter and won't turn my back on PSN (plan to always be on it a lot).
-Other than Monday mornings, my schedule is very open. Basically, I have a lot of things to do, but I can schedule them whenever I want to, so I can easily work around things.
-I can constantly check CAG since I'm always around a PC.
-I believe I'm mostly dependable on showing up to online games. If someone mentions a game I own and there will be a game, I'll usually be there, unless something major is going on.
-In both good/bad ways, I'm very well known here at CAG.
-I've been tired of many online games not working out, due to poor management (not really here, but many sites around the net). I always felt I could do better, so I was hoping on finally doing something right.

Right now, I'm still doing it, but I could quickly back off (that's part of the reason the thread hasn't started yet. Also, I want to perfect it and make sure a mod doesn't close it).[/QUOTE]

It doesn't need to be perfect at all, just better managed then this one. Which right now is basically closed. I'll do it if you don't want to although it wont be updated as much due to me working. It would however be more up to date then this one, so take that as you want.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']This thread can now be closed, or no longer used, because I'm going to move onto a new thread.[/quote]

Have you made a new thread and if so can you post the link?

Sign me up! I've got a few multiplayer games, wouldn't mind playing on my spare time.

CAG Name: Cthulhu8u
PSN Name: cthulhu8u
Headset: both Jabra & USB
Keyboard: None
Time Zone: Eastern
Days, Time Available: After 7pm M, W, F, Sat, Sun
PS3 Multiplayer Games: Resistance, Warhawk, R6V, Blazing Angels
Most Anticipated Multiplayer Game: Warhawk was, now I'm not sure

[quote name='burr22']psn: burr22
headset: yes
games: mainly only play gh3 and warhawk now[/QUOTE]This thread is 100% dead (look at the link I posted above your post). The one I had was updated more so, but we've only had 3 solid nights so far.

bread's done
Back