CAG September Pickup list "Time to save for November"

[quote name='Segasonic01']^ where'd you get South Park S11 for $20?[/quote]

A new mom and pop shop opened up recently and they had a pretty awesome grand opening sale. 50% off select DVD box sets and CD's. I was lucky and found the last copy ;).

I'm not confident that they made much of a profit but they sure did make a hell of a entrance. They will definitely get my business in the future.

[quote name='ya0']
l_01a6c190524877baddc8833a5a320c4f.jpg

[/quote]
That's one cool case mod ya0

[quote name='Kaijufan']That's one cool case mod ya0[/quote]

ty it also changes other colors lol....

picked up crysis warhead and death note vol 6

[quote name='refusedchaos']my friend just gave me some of his stuff for my snes and games (4, which were common) and my 2 Naruto mangas:D
100_0957.jpg

100_0958.jpg

100_0959.jpg

the iTouch (8gb) was bricked due to his bro messing with it when trying to jailbreak it, but i fixed it in no time XD

oh and the black disc in the slim case is Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha[/quote]

fuckIN' YES!!! I love me some Meshuggah.

As for me, I picked up the following:

Halo 3 Xbox 360 :D
360 wireless adapter ($50 - CL comes through again!)
Yggdra Union (psp)
A sweet, sweet Genesis + 25 games collection (see the Craigslist find thread).

[quote name='ya0']
l_01a6c190524877baddc8833a5a320c4f.jpg

used xbox and new case total 200
[/quote]

I could hump that thing for days, did you put it in the new case or buy it that way?

[quote name='Segasonic01']^ are 360 wireless adaptors really worth that much? I just passed up 2 of them at a pawn for $40 each[/QUOTE]

They don't go on sale at all, I bought a used one off ebay for 50 and very much consider that a deal. All worth it to wirelessly steam video and music.

[quote name='coolsteel']They don't go on sale at all, I bought a used one off ebay for 50 and very much consider that a deal. All worth it to wirelessly steam video and music.[/quote]

Just in case anyone doesn't know this and wants to be a cheapass, you can bridge the connection between a wireless laptop and your 360 and receive signal from a wireless router that way. I needed a wireless connection but didn't have $70+ to plunk down on a wireless adapter...

[quote name='refusedchaos']my friend just gave me some of his stuff for my snes and games (4, which were common) and my 2 Naruto mangas:D

100_0958.jpg

[/quote]

Would you consider a trade for Medievil? I ask because I'm ( )

:wii: Spyro

\m/

I need to find Twilight Princess and try out that legitimate backup loader.. The younger ones are going to chew my Wii games to hell.

[quote name='jaysapathy']:wii: Spyro

\m/

I need to find Twilight Princess and try out that legitimate backup loader.. The younger ones are going to chew my Wii games to hell.[/quote] I would wait til its actually released. Its in the beta stage, and sounds kind of risky.

This has been a slow month, all I got so far is...

Final Fantasy XII- $9.98 at Target
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes- $15.00 at the flea market

:ds: Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise (x2)
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It Official Strategy Guide
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It
:ds: Kirby: Super Star Ultra
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:ds: 3D Metal Game Case
:ds: Disgaea DS

Last edited by a moderator:
PhStar.jpg

Flea Market finds:
Gauntlet 2-$3
Magaman 4-$3
VR Troopers (no manual)-$2
Phantasy Star (complete)-$3
Panzer Dragoon-$5
FF3-$3
D (no manual)-$5
Disney Adventures in the Magic Kingdom (compelte)-$5 :whee:

FF3.jpg

Shining Force CD- traded Madden 09 for
MvC2 (disc only)-traded GoW 1 & 2 for
DDR Mario Mix-$10

:wii: Mario Kart
:wii: Controller

FYE got 3 copies of Mario Kart, and a store across the street got two. Utilizing my eons and eons of credit, I finally managed to pick it up. Ironically, since the announcement of this Wii 'softmod' there isn't a copy of Twilight Princess. Damn. Doesn't GS still have the GameCube version?

[quote name='coolsteel']They don't go on sale at all, I bought a used one off ebay for 50 and very much consider that a deal. All worth it to wirelessly steam video and music.[/quote]

To be even more of a cheapass you could have bought the Xbox Wireless adapter. It works just as well on the 360.

Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-Wireless-G...yZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[quote name='jaysapathy']:wii: Mario Kart
:wii: Controller

FYE got 3 copies of Mario Kart, and a store across the street got two. Utilizing my eons and eons of credit, I finally managed to pick it up. Ironically, since the announcement of this Wii 'softmod' there isn't a copy of Twilight Princess. Damn. Doesn't GS still have the GameCube version?[/quote]

Try Blockbuster. I have seen quite a couple of copies there. All tagged at $14.99.

[quote name='distgfx']I could hump that thing for days, did you put it in the new case or buy it that way?[/quote]

Wear a condom. You don't want to catch RRoD down there.

Well, I probably spent too much on ds games to match my Pokemon ds purchase.
Amazon: Final Fantasy IV, DQM: Joker
Radioshak sale: Lego Indiana Jones,Brain Age 1&2, Pokemon Pearl
Target: Orcs and Elves

I will now try to save for November and resist buying Dragon Quest IV.

Haven't posted some stuff in a while, some of these are from August.

Was finally able to find a MK Wii in August and the wiimote chargers are pretty handy

DSC04431.jpg

Splurged a little for my bday Gateway HD2200 monitor

DSC04415.jpg

Graphics are pretty nice, I don't think my camera does this justice though

Some games accumulated from trades, GS coupons, and gifts

DSC04430.jpg

Since GS pulled their penny guides, had to resort to ebay for the ES guide. For some reason I expected more, oh well. Locale Meijer's was selling PSN cards

DSC04443.jpg

Got Fable II Pub Games from a contest and bought Castle Crashers, great game!

DSC04435.jpg

Got these 2 shirts from woot

EA sent me a replacement RB guitar (not pictured) since the whammy bar on the old one broke (spring broke, I believe). Here's a picture of the ghettoness before the replacemnt guitar got there.

Recently picked these up at Sears, total spent: $28 with tax

Also picked these up recently. I'm enjoying both cds

That Wiimote Charging Station is P-I-M-P. Where do I get me one? Was it off-brand? Official? My controllers are just running off double A's.

No pictures because I'm lazy.

:wii: Alone In The Dark x 2 ($11.xx clearanced at Circuit City)
Rock Band, Viva Pinata, & Rainbow Six Vegas guides ($0.01 each @ Circuit City)

:360: Rock Band 2 ($59.99 at Blockbuster)
:360: Bankshot Billiards 2 (trade from CAG)
:360: 1600 Point Card ($19.99 at Blockbuster)
:360: Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise ($39.99 at Blockbuster)
:360: Skate (trade from CAG)
:360: Lost: Via Domus (trade from Goozex)

Possibly more coming soon with the Gamestop 20% off coupon. :???:

[quote name='Foo228']Nothing yet.

I wonder if I can go the whole month w/o buying (or having to buy) anything video game related. Would love to actually play some of my backlog.

Then again, the Rock Band 2 bundle is tempting. :drool:[/quote]

Oof..I lied. Nothing major, but I got a 12 month live sub for $30. :whistle2:#:whistle2:|

My pickups for the month:

Animal Crossing came through goozex
Castlevania picked up at gamestop for $19.47
Club House Games got at TRU b2g1 sale
Etrian Odyssey II snagged at work for nothing out of pocket
Final Fantasy IV snagged at work for nothing out of pocket
Lunar Knights got in a trade on CAG
N+ got at TRU b2g1 sale
Pokemon Platinum from play-asia, paid for it months ago
Space Invaders Extreme got at TRU b2g1 sale.

All in all, I ended up spending just a tad over $40 this month on DS games.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Zerotype, your camera is excellent.[/quote]
Thanks man, it's actually the same camera I dropped in water last year. #-o

[quote name='jaysapathy']That Wiimote Charging Station is P-I-M-P. Where do I get me one? Was it off-brand? Official? My controllers are just running off double A's.[/quote]
You get it brick and mortar or online. It's the made by Nyko, third party. Comes with charger, 2 batteries, and 2 battery covers for the wiimotes. You can get it for $5 cheaper at Circuit City this week for $24.99
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nyko...75286/catOid/-16761/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

No pics, I are lazy.
Went to FYE a few hours ago for a GC game and found them all clearanced.
Geist-$4.99
Donkey Konga 2-$4.99
Baten Kaitos Origins-$9.99

picked up Mega Man 9 on the Wii

purchased Psychonauts and Destroy all Humans (preowned discs) for the Xbox for under 20 bucks..

I'll post this in here since I don't want to start an auction finds thread since it probably wouldn't get many finds posted in it.

Super NES Control Set Complete(ish) with non yellowing SNES (Doesn't have any paper work or minor packaging stuff that new systems come with like plastic baggies or twisty (sp?) ties but complete as in includes all of the hardware the system came with new and the styrofoam tray that holds it all)

Donkey Kong Country Guide (Nintendo Power)
Super Metroid Guide (Nintendo Power)

Games (All complete unless otherwise mentioned)

Bass Masters Classic Pro Edition
Bassin's Black Bass (x2 one factory sealed)
Donkey Kong Country
Jimmy Huston's Bass Tournament U.S.A.
Super Black Bass
Super Metriod
TNN Bass Tournament of Champions (factory sealed)
Top Gear

$60

This was from an auction I went to on 9-11 that advertised Playstation, Sega & Nintendo stuff. It was in a small town nearby and it is very country as it smelled like cows outside the auction hall which was basically inside of a big barn. You could probably also tell this from the selection of games I got :D

I won the system for $15 and had to bid up to $40 for the 8 games & 2 guides in order to beat out a silent bid of $35 on that lot. Afterwards I was wondering if they were cheating a reserve at this auction hall since a lot of stuff seemed to be going for way too much, a box of records for $75, a small basket of old loose toys for $27.50 and plenty of other things I don't remember too well but had me wondering WTF. It was kind of like an episode of the Twilight Zone where nobody in this town knowns about eBay (or eBay doesn't exsist in this alternate universe) so they all go to to the local auction hall in order to go bid crazy and pay too much for random unique things that they want but don't really need or will get much use out of. 10% buyer's premium had me up to $60.50 but when I went to pay the lady said that $60 even would do.

nutty auction BS

They had another lot of 8 games that I lost (to a silent bid, probably the same person I had to beat for the games I got!) with my max bid being about $25 for the lot I didn't win, it had (all probably complete in box but Super Punch Out was the only one I actually checked) Super Punch Out, Both Ken Griffey games, NBA Jam, NBA Jam T.E., 2 EA Football games & some Nascar game for the N64. I probably should have tried bidding it up 10 more dollars but I only wanted to bid about what I was thinking Super Punch Out would go for on eBay (I was taking an educated guess at $25) and didn't need it has I have a complete copy I bought on clearance years ago, I also only had about $90-100 on me so I couldn't have gone much more then $10 more then I did. I wouldn't mind grabbing the NBA Jam & Ken Griffey games in the wild complete for about 2ish each if I saw them but missing them here wasen't that big of a deal like getting DKC was. They also had 2 PS1s each in the box (one being audiophile type with the red, white & yellow on the back of the sytem), a Genesis 1, a Genesis 2 & a lot of Genesis game (all sports crap not even a Sonic game!) with some factory sealed fishing game for the Game Boy in with the Genesis games. No Playstation games to go with the systems.

What REALLY made me think that I was right about people way over bidding on some of this stuff was the fact that after I won the SNES games and was getting ready to pay and leave they put up the Genesis 1 with hookups & 1 or 2 controllers (can't remember for sure but I think it was 1 controller) and it went for $40 or $45 dollars!!! so somebody bid this up to almost $50 after buyer's premium. I know for sure what a Genesis is worth and before this would think that around here over paying for a Genesis at an auction would be about $15-20ish. I saw a guy win a Genesis 2 boxed (with the box being fairly rough) for close to $15 after buyer's premium last year at an auction only to find him selling it on eBay and losing a few bucks in doing so.

:ps2: Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (COMPLETE with Wesker's Report DVD!) :D:D:D:D:D:D
:wii: House Of The Dead 2 & 3
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts II (black label)
:wii: Wii Zapper

Is that Zapper compatible with anything except HOTD, and the Zelda game it comes with? It's neat all the same..

[quote name='jaysapathy']:xb: Metal Slug 3

Now all I have to do is find 4 & 5, and Anthology on the Wii/PSP, and I'll have them all. YES![/QUOTE]

I was going to say you were getting too excited then I realized I was just reading your post with Brock Samson's voice. And the Zapper works with Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Ghost Squad too.

purchases026mediumtb3.jpg

Purchases over the past month or two. The Xbox and Gamecube games were $4.99 used each at Family Video's website, but most didn't come with manuals (though at that price I don't really mind). The Spider-Man 3 game is also from FV, but it was $7.99.

I picked up the Club today on Clearance at Target for only $12.48 while picking up Kirby Super Star Ultra today.

All the DVDs except Heroes were from a 20% off and free shipping at secondspin's website. Rome (which I've never seen) seasons 1 and 2 were a particularly good deal, only about $20 each and usually they cost about $50.

It's been a good month.
Books 40% off :
-NEW American Psycho by Ellis 1$8
-NEW Quantum of Solace by Fleming $8
NEW King of Fighters FIGHT IT OUT 28x41 poster $12
Sealed Street Fighter Anniversary Edition $10

bread's done
Back