CAG Strategies by D3ad D1plomacy

Daywalker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Alright, here are my tips pertaining to Minor/Major clanmatches for each level.

Foundation:
One person get rockets, one person stick to the turret and the other go for the battle rifle and throw a grenade at THEIR rocket guy. This results in them being damaged and easily taken out with one BR shot. As for the other person, back up the turret guy as much as possible. Now, once you have organized all your weapons, circle around the level. DO NOT camp at one certain place cause if rockets respawn, your just pretty much asking for it. So circle around and let your rocket guy go first. The battle rifle guy second or in case the throwing of the grenade worked, the 2nd rocket guy, and the third guy go to the turret of the side you are on. As for the fourth guy, it's highly recommended that he has dual pistols.

Why circle around? Because it gives the rocket guy(s) plenty of chances to get ammo for their rockets which is VITAL to winning matches in Foundation. CTF, Assault, or just regular Team Slayer, without rockets, it's THAT much harder. Sword is useless here unless your guarding in Oddball.

Waterworks:
This is a simple level if you think about it. Get rockets, get all the vehicles, and sniper. The best thing to do is go through the portal if you have the bomb or getting the flag. The Wraith needs to create a distraction near THEIR portal side. While this is happening, make sure the sniper leads the way, along with the rocket guy providing fire if the Wraith or Ghost comes around. Go around in the back through the PORTAL side, since it's likely that they blocked the back entrance with the boxes and the front side as well. Once you get into base, let the rocket guy go first since they might have sword and of course, rockets as well. If you can clear out the base, then you'll have a good chance of arming the bomb.

If you have the flag, make sure someone is waiting on top near the hole where you dropped to grab the flag. Toss the flag up to him and make sure the guy waiting on top is not the rocket guy. When you have the flag on top, go to YOUR portal side, that way, if you die, all your teamates have to do is go through the portal to contest the flag. If you can go this far with the flag, then your 90% likely to score. As for the the bomb, it's a guaranteed arm.

Headlong:
This is one level that might seem challenging, but it's really not. In a major clan match, on offense, all you have to do is make sure EVERYONE goes in through the front door immediately. Go up the stairs and the only challenge there will be the rocket guy, but with all of you backing each other up, it'll work. It's worked 100% of the time for me as strange of a strategy it is. The trick here, is to arm immediately while the other team is still going for their weapons. And as for flag, you drop down along with your other teammates, you'll get far enough as to if you all die, it's contested.

I'll have strategies to more levels later on.

Team Slayer/Skirmish tips:
COMMUNICATION is the key. Honestly, if you don't talk, you might as well not be in the clan. You need to tell where you are at all times and give any info asap. If the sniper respawned, tell us where you will be going with it, or tell us if you killed the guy with the sniper. Tell us what weapons they have and which sides. Going mute will result in almost half the time, a loss especially against high leveled players.

NEVER jump with the flag on levels where it could fall off. Like Lockout, never jump with the flag just as your about to die. If your about to die, just stand there so the flag doesn't bounce off the level or something like that.

ALWAYS look down when arming the bomb. Don't jump when arming the bomb as it reduces the time on the bomb and if you get hit by a rocket, it goes off the circle.

REMEMBER this game requires strategy rather than skills. Just because your facing 4 level 20's when we are like level 15's, levels DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING as long as you use your brains. Shoot when you need to, and run when you need to. If the level 20's start trash talking, well who gives a damn? Don't let them pis' you off as it's a way to make you lose your concentration. Just play the game and try to work together as a team as much as possible. Remember that this isn't Halo 1, this is ALL about teamwork. Without it, we're just not gonna get far. Once we get used to playing with each other as a team, trust me, strategies won't be needed at all. Everyone will just sort of know what their role is and we'll win like crazy.

now if I could just somehow be on the same time you are General Daywalker. hmmm almost sounds like a StarWars name

a strategy trend has emerged, and im loving it

great job daywalker, or as girion said general George C. Daywalker

seeing this really makes me regret coming home for the weekend. I want to be on Live now playing and testing strategies. argh to my parents for not having broadband.

[quote name='Girion47']seeing this really makes me regret coming home for the weekend. I want to be on Live now playing and testing strategies. argh to my parents for not having broadband.[/QUOTE]
ditto, cept im grounded, though i guess i could sneak one in since there asleep, im fightin a flame war currently

I have a feeling that this new patch will help his Waterworks strategy greatly. when throwing grenades is going to actually soften up the defense I think things are going to get much more interesting. my only concern about the headlong strat is their rocket launcher guy and their sniper. will you have someone remaining behind to snipe anyone that shows their face on that upper catwalk?

Waterworks: In an ideal situation this works, looks good on paper, but doesn't take into account many variables which are likely to occur during a match. Who is going to protect the wraith causing the distraction? Any decent players would be able to decimate it, with banshee/ghost/rockets. Traveling in a large group through the teleport is a good way to get noticed, and getting noticed is something you don't want to happen. 9/10 times if you are spotted exiting the tunnel side you are not going to set foot inside the base. With that said the other strategies appear to be adequate, but if you try to pull that waterworks technique on us, I guarantee you will be hard pressed to get near the flag room.

If you lead the Wraith to their portal side, you an take out the person going for the rockets. Which will result in them trying to go for your Wraith. I mean the Wraith really doesn't need protection. Die or not, as long as it causes a good distraction so you can get into the base with only like 2-3 people in there, then yeah, the Wraith can be destroyed and it wouldn't matter. Once the score is 1-0, you go on the offensive again. The key here is to keep pushing offensively. If there is like 2 minutes left, then you can go on the defensive. I mean the worst you can do by then is tie. But it's guaranteed you won't lose.

After looking at your waterworks strat, its been done against us before, and it doesnt work to well on account the bomb dude runs hella slow, and by the time they get there, rockets will be ready to blow your ass away

And that's why your Wraith keeps the rockets away from them. Or if that doesn't work, your Banshee could do some work against their rocket guy or in most cases, the other Banshee(since they get the rockets and fly back to their base immediately. As for the bomb guy, yeah, he runs slow, that's why the sniper is gonna have to be extra efficient. It's almost always about rockets and sniper in these big levels like Coagulation. The biggest necessity here is to take out their sniper and their Wraith. I mean their rocket guy will prove to be somewhat of a task, but sniper and Wraith are the biggest pet peeves in these levels since if they shoot through the window of Water Works, that can take out two or more people with one shot.

[quote name='Daywalker']And that's why your Wraith keeps the rockets away from them.[/QUOTE]
Realistically I don't see this working, the rockets have an egregious amount of cover from the wraith and can easily slip two rockets out reducing the wraith until a smoldering pile of metal and ash. Unless they are running the rockets back to their base along the cliffside, then it is possible to hit them with the wraith, but you need to be a damned good shot, because if you miss you're going to see some return fire.
Or if that doesn't work, your Banshee could do some work against their rocket guy
The last thing a banshee wants to do is try and rough up a rocket handler, thats signing your own death warrant.
or in most cases, the other Banshee(since they get the rockets and fly back to their base immediately.
I have never actually seen that happen once, but its feasible that someone may do this, although a very rare occurance.
the sniper is gonna have to be extra efficient.
Be careful with this one, if you place too much responsibility on one person, the plan is going to fall flat on its face, when he dies or fails to protect everyone.
The biggest necessity here is to take out their sniper and their Wraith.
Maybe, I missed it but how do you propose we go about this?

This plan although simple, has too many pitfalls and variables that are left open to chance but are dependent on being taken care of.

[quote name='Crymson']Realistically I don't see this working, the rockets have an egregious amount of cover from the wraith and can easily slip two rockets out reducing the wraith until a smoldering pile of metal and ash.

The last thing a banshee wants to do is try and rough up a rocket handler, thats signing your own death warrant.

I have never actually seen that happen once, but its feasible that someone may do this, although a very rare occurance.

Be careful with this one, if you place too much responsibility on one person, the plan is going to fall flat on its face, when he dies or fails to protect everyone.

Maybe, I missed it but how do you propose we go about this?

This plan although simple, has too many pitfalls and variables that are left open to chance but are dependent on being taken care of.[/QUOTE]

daywalker...

YOU JUST GOT SERVED

Do you not know how to avoid rockets with a Banshee? And it's all common sense. Our sniper takes out their sniper, our rockets take out their wraith. It's always worked for my team in past Major clan matches and Big Team Battle. Also, you do know how big the radius is on the explosions of each shot from the wraith right? I don't understand what you mean by "good shot" when it comes to a simple wraith.

Oh yeah, I got served... pasta tonight, it was pretty delicious. We should do an 8 v 8's to practice. See if the strategies are efficient or whatnot. I've used this strategy in the past and has worked for my old clan to go up to level 24 in Major Clan matches. So hopefully it could work for us here in CAG.

And yeah, not ALL strategies work 100%. Also, we gotta see the compatibility and stuff. I mean what if we don't have a good sniper? What if everyone likes vehicles? The best thing we could do is play 8 v 8 practice clan matches.

i'm down for it, but i am pretty sure whomever CAGTac sends at us, it won't be a fair match. but i am all good for it. just as long as it doesn't turn hostile, b/c i won't stand for hostility between the members of the clans, b/c that is bullshit. so as long as people keep cool heads and remember that we are all a part of the CheapAssGamer community, then I am good to go.

It is common sense for dodging rockets in a banshee but latency makes it not guaranteed feat. Yet the whole production on the portal side of the enemy base does serve its purpose as a temprorary distraction. There are a few factors overlooked such as their wraith, ghost, and banshee who may not be too thrilled with your presence there. While this is going down, the fight may well be over by the time the "strike force" reaches the outlet of their bridge side. Leaving them to duke it out for themselves, may be successful may not be, let us disregard that issue. Assuming this does fail or even succeed how are we to go about assembling another assault, in the same fashion? Are there any special plans for the defenders? How many people are going on offense through the bridge route? How many people are left defending?

Going on the offensive leaves them the pressure of going on the defensive. If one person gets the flag, it's not a pressure situation if it's 0-0 early on. I mean if they score first then we do, that's not too bad. Pretty much, the most important thing to notice is, this is the first minute tactic. Then after we score, we AS A TEAM have to communicate and handle the situation of _________ properly.

But anyway, the best thing to do is make strategies IN GAME. People see it, know what is wrong, know what works, and that'll be the key to it all. So yeah, all i'm emphasizing in Waterworks is getting sniper, rockets and wraith and making sure we protect them at all times.

alll this strategizing shit is great. it really is. but its all first minute. I've yet to see any group I've ever been in stop what they're doing. wait for everyone to be ready and then get a new strategy going. all I see is a huge team effort at the beginning and then a bunch of random running around repeating the same thing over and over. the only game I've ever seen it happen in is Team Slayer. BTB games and Skirmish Games I've been in no matter who I'm with always devolve into people running towards the other base as soon as they spawn like they have absolutely no time to wait around for someone to back them up. or if they've been releived of having to worry about defense they are loathe to even make a show of a defense in a desperate situation. yeah communication will help some but what needs to happen the most is people to stay calm, cold and calculating 6 minutes into the game. not the whole scattered around the map at various points with crappy weapons only to die, have someone take their place while they start their futile run again.

Then perhaps we should just go with weapon roles? I think that would be alot easier than giving each person a role in terms of where to go and such.

But anyway, the best thing to do is make strategies IN GAME. People see it, know what is wrong, know what works, and that'll be the key to it all. So yeah, all i'm emphasizing in Waterworks is getting sniper, rockets and wraith and making sure we protect them at all times.

This is indeed the best solution but as a group we seem to lack such a skill(effectively communicating and setting up an offensive). Partly because everybody is stuck in their own "little world", doing what they "believe" to be best. Basically we are a team of individuals. In an effort to ease this process, I believe we need to establish some basic strategies, something like a guide for us to follow to help ease the transition. As things are right now if we bank on getting the flag right off the bat and fail, the rest of the match is a 10 minute waste of time, as nothing gets done, nobody coordinates, everybody does what they believe is best and expect others to follow them, sometimes it happens the vast majority of the time it does not. If we had assigned roles for each person, instead of everyone playing what they feel is to be the need at the moment, we can get something accomplished.

even with the weapon roles there are just so many power weapons on a level. not everyone can have one. and you cant expect the people without them to just make do. you need to be able to give commands depending what situation you're in and have people respond. if a hog respawns the first person to it needs to be able to call on whichever two people they see next. they need to be able to tell the sniper where to lay down fire and they need to be told where the enemy rockets are, where the banshee is, and what side the wraith is covering. they also need rocketman to be ready to take out whatever vehicle that might intercept them. the hog is the most underrated vehicle in the game. it can get 3 people somewhere very quickly plus it has defense on it to boot. the problem is though that teams dont respect it enough to provide enough cover/distraction for the people in it.

bread's done
Back