CAG takes the weekend off...sorry!

I'm glad it's back. My weekend was in the crapper without all my homies here. I did nothing all last night. No movies, no friends, no women... I was so bummed and then what I could always count on, my everything, my CAG, was gone!! :cry:

I thought there was something wrong with my computer, then I called 4 different people and asked them if they could get on this site.

Glad its back up.

[quote name='whoknows']I thought there was something wrong with my computer, then I called 4 different people and asked them if they could get on this site.

Glad its back up.[/quote]

Same here. Happy days are here again. Cheap on!

[quote name='Moxio']Yay! CAG is back! And a special thanks to defender and GT for housing us refugees during our time of need.[/quote]

Yes thanks all. And a thanks also goes out to all the people over at DCR, wivil, G, all.

I'm slowly overcoming the tremors and other withdrawal symptoms. It could be a long night.

On a more serious note, I wonder if someone could start a "backup board" so that when the main forums go down, we could have a place to congregate and talk about what's keeping it down and whatnot in the mean time. Just a cheap free forum setup that will do during down times.

[quote name='radjago']On a more serious note, I wonder if someone could start a "backup board" so that when the main forums go down, we could have a place to congregate and talk about what's keeping it down and whatnot in the mean time. Just a cheap free forum setup that will do during down times.[/quote]

That's a good idea to have an alternate place for everyone to go to if CAG ever goes down again. Where did the rest of you go?

[quote name='Ecofreak']To be ever so humble, there's no place like home.[/quote]

I think it's "Be it ever so humble, there's still no place like home." ...as in, no place is as comfortable as your home, no matter how run-down it might be.

[quote name='Legolas813'][quote name='radjago']On a more serious note, I wonder if someone could start a "backup board" so that when the main forums go down, we could have a place to congregate and talk about what's keeping it down and whatnot in the mean time. Just a cheap free forum setup that will do during down times.[/quote]

That's a good idea to have an alternate place for everyone to go to if CAG ever goes down again. Where did the rest of you go?[/quote]

Some of us were using Defender's GameTour site. Forum style is very similar to this one and it was pretty fun.

[quote name='Ecofreak']To be ever so humble, there's no place like home.[/quote]

I think it's "Be it ever so humble, there's still no place like home." ...as in, no place is as comfortable as your home, no matter how run-down it might be.

[edit: dammit....typing that made me drop my fig newton on the ground! :censored: ]

I was worried a bit but then I asked a mod and he said it was gonna be back up, BTW that JimmieMac auction hit the halo 2 boards at CAG and someone posted CAG's name..

Just wanted to say thank's to Cheapy & Co. Problem's on this site usually don't last very long before they are fixed. Can't stand to go a day without CAG.

[quote name='help1']I was worried a bit but then I asked a mod and he said it was gonna be back up, BTW that JimmieMac auction hit the halo 2 boards at CAG and someone posted CAG's name..[/quote]

Could you post a link to that thread? I would love to see what people said about it.

[quote name='Scorch']I clicked my shortcut on my browser for CAG at least 200 times. Most of it was unintentionally, just out of habit and whatnot.[/quote]
It was hard to believe how much I tried to bring up CAG this weekend. I guess when I run out of places to go online, CAG is the place I always end up for more. (Don't worry, it's in the regular rotation, too.)

Oh, and for that song(?) quote, I believe it's: "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home," with two tied notes in "no" (and possibly in "there's" as well). I don't remember there being a "still" after "there's," either. I'm such a nitpicker. (And I hope I'm right!)

Awesome to see CAG back up.

On a side note, has anyone mentioned the CAG-O-MATIC is down?

I've been trying to use it but have had no luck.

thank god CAG is back... I ended up going to lesser sites like dealrush and those forums are dead over there... speaking of dead, vg talk dissapeared recently. no big loss though but I wonder what happened to it.

I was in such bad shape from withdrawals I made over a dozen posts on this awful PSP site where nobody appears to understand the proper use of the shift key. Or punctuation. Or grammar. Or rational thought.

All is well. Krusty will come.

Good to have you back. I checked on 2 different computers about 20 times...

Well, at least I saved a lot of money. Funny, CAG has saved me a ton of money per title, but I have spent boatloads on games. My collection went from 20 or so to around 100. :) CAG, thanks,
Thanks for all of the hard work.

Matthew

[quote name='sabin23']speaking of dead, vg talk dissapeared recently. no big loss though but I wonder what happened to it.[/quote]
I used to visit vg talk, then one day it just wasn't there anymore. I imagine former members migrated over here, maybe they could shed light on what went down.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Awesome to see CAG back up.

On a side note, has anyone mentioned the CAG-O-MATIC is down?

I've been trying to use it but have had no luck.[/quote]

The CAG-O-Matic has been running later in the morning so that we may give you the most recent product feed from EBgames. We also had to slow it down some, as it was making the database "flip out" (thats the technical term). It should finish around 10:30am these days.
We are working on a way to get it to finish up earlier.
Thanks for your patience!

Ok, here is the short version of the story of the CAG outtage.

After the recent "hacking" incident, I was obviously concerned about security. I hired a server admin service that specialized in security. We found his posting on a website that is community of web admins.

Without getting too technical, he basically screwed up some stuff and then put up a firewall which blocked all admin access (himself included) to the server. We had to contact the hosting company (the place where the server lives) and they had to bring down the firewall from the console. The hosting company also says there was a hardware problem too, but that seems like a strange coincidence/unlikely.

Obviously I got a refund from the security company but the whole thing was a complete nightmare.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, here is the short version of the story of the CAG outtage.

After the recent "hacking" incident, I was obviously concerned about security. I hired a server admin service that specialized in security. We found his posting on a website that is community of web admins.

Without getting too technical, he basically screwed up some stuff and then put up a firewall which blocked all admin access (himself included) to the server. We had to contact the hosting company (the place where the server lives) and they had to bring down the firewall from the console. The hosting company also says there was a hardware problem too, but that seems like a strange coincidence/unlikely.

Obviously I got a refund from the security company but the whole thing was a complete nightmare.[/quote]

I see Wayne Knight (Newman) in Jurassic Park for some reason....

Well I'm very glad CAG is back and functional. I am guilty though of pressing page refresh a ridiculous amount of times this weekend. I'm glad this wasn't the result of another attack too, that was my first thought as to why the site was down.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, here is the short version of the story of the CAG outtage.

Obviously I got a refund from the security company but the whole thing was a complete nightmare.[/quote]

That sounds like a whole lot of not fun.

I'm glad that CAG is back up, but I really didn't check the site all that much. I only checked it once when I got on the net and sometimes right before I got off the net.
On the plus side I did get to post more then I normally get to on the other message boards I visit.

Obviously I got a refund from the security company but the whole thing was a complete nightmare.

[/quote]

I don't understand why you got a refund. CAG was as secure as it could get. No one could get in. :p

bread's done
Back