CAG transfer kit train - closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link127

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I have seen many people recently (especially with the release of the new Call of Duty system) request for a data migration kit. Sure you could pay MS $13-14 for one, or get a cheap knock off which might corrupt your data. I propose a better solution for the CAG community. A CAG transfer kit train! I have an extra previously used (only once, by myself) transfer kit that I could send out for everyone to make use of, for everyone to share. Just send $3 paypal to the person in line before you. A few guidelines:

1. The first person will pay me $3 for the cost of shipping plus a bubble mailer
  2. Each person is responsible for contacting the next in line, to obtain shipping info and collect the $3 shipping cost. Gifted paypal makes the most sense here.
  3. Second post will contain the line order. If the line ends, the last in line understands they must pay to ship it back to me.
  4. Use paypal in the interest of speed. We want as many CAGs to benefit from this as possible
  5. So that as many people can get the benefit as possible, use the kit and send out the next business day. I use USPS First Class w/ DC. Everyone must use DC. Send me the DC # in addition to the person you're mailing to. Anyone wanting it quicker (i.e. Priority Mail) just pay the difference. I print postage from paypal. If I am allowed to post the Paypal link which lets you ship any item, even not one sold on eBay, I will.

Confirmed size transfers:

120 --> 250

If you are transferring from/to sizes other than what's confirmed above, let us know so I can add it above
Not yet confirmed = 60 gb hdd size

I have been told that these can be reused, if this is not true please let me know. Also, mods please let me know if this is not okay. Just wanted to help CAGs out, as I see this thread as something to help those in need. I've already received interest so I thought I'd start this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'de like to get in this.

Just got a quick question, does this transfer EVERYTHING, movies, demo's, saved files, DLC, game installs or can you pick which you want to transfer?

I just want to transfer a couple saved games, SF4, NBA2k10, UFC... I dont want all the crappy demo's and game video's my brother downloads onto my new system.

EDIT: WTF read the OP and you want to charge people a couple bucks? Get that shit out of here. CAG doesn't need people like you on here. And the MOD will lock this probably since these stupid ass paid trains weren't allowed last I heard.

Read it again. Everyone only needs to pay the previous in line for shipping cost.

The $1 sent to me - I am collecting these to purchase another kit to send around. I can remove that if need be.

[quote name='sleepy180']WTF read the OP and you want to charge people a couple bucks? Get that shit out of here. CAG doesn't need people like you on here. And the MOD will lock this probably since these stupid ass paid trains weren't allowed last I heard.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If everyone is shipping out after using, then why does anyone pay at all? I could understand $1 to the OP, but only the first 5-7 ppl in the line...

[quote name='Link127']Read it again. Everyone only needs to pay the previous in line for shipping cost.

The $1 sent to me - I am collecting these to purchase another kit to send around. I can remove that if need be.[/QUOTE]

Ok. cancle the $1 then. If every person ships after getting it, its just unnecessary movement of paypal cash. I give you $3, guy after me gives me $3...I get a net $0 transaction. Just do addresses, no money is necessary here

EDIT: put me on the list if this is gonna actually get started...

I don't think this will fly with the mod's, they've closed all those Fallout 3 DLC Train threads. I'm sure this isn't any different, but hey, if its cool with the mods, more power to ya!

ok, i guess we should wait to make it official until it's mod approved then. hopefully it will, i'm not looking to make money of this.
got rid of the $1 issue. we'd just send this one around if it's okay with them.

I read somewhere that the newer transfer kit is the only one that can recognize the 250HD. So since you have successfully transfered your 120GB, 60 and 20 should work just fine. Can anyone confirm that?

As long as it's not paying the OP back for any "rental fees" for the transfer kit, I don't see any issues with this.

First person would pay the OP $3 for the first shipment, the second person would pay the first person their $3 and so on.

If that's how it's going to run, there's no problem with this.

I think that the sending of $3.00 is also pointless. Everyone should just absorb the cost because they are getting use out of the transfer kit.

Example: I use the kit, and then ship it out of pocket.

I also think the payment thing is unnecessary (when the kit comes back around to you , everyone will have just passed the money around in a big circle) but I have no problem paying it if everyone else is agreed to it.

Add me to the list either way. I thought I'd be ok just transferring the data via Memory Card , but after starting to do that I just said fuck that.

Well, if you don't like the $3 payment, don't sign up. It's a cheap way to make sure that people pass it on.

Really, it should be $10 so that people are sure not to keep it (buying a $3 transfer kit) and keep the train moving...

I don't think it's a shipping cost thing, it's a "Don't stop the train" thing.

Anyway, i don't have a nice big HD, so i don't need it yet, unless anyone here is upgrading to a 250GB and wants to sell their 120GB.

1969iggy - I hear ya. I just wanted to get a single dollar from everyone and people freaked. I was going to buy more to send around. Even if instead I had wanted to keep it so what? It could be for me to buy a new one to keep in case I don't get mine back. Like you said, what's to stop anyone from keeping it and getting a $3 kit?

Even if I got the dollar per person it would be $4. A lot better than:

- 14 from MS, when they're in stock. I've heard weeks at least
- 30-50 or more from ebay (for an official one)

Its no wonder others who have started these threads closed them. Amazing how many people need to complain or write unnecessary posts/PMs. If you don't want to participate - don't. If you don't like the rules - fine, move along then. No need to get nasty or critical about it. No one's forcing you to participate.

I'm ending this thing before it even gets started. Not worth the effort or aggravation of negative people.

Anyone seriously interested PM me. I will gladly send it your way to help ya out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back