234050.jpg
257122.jpg
243879.jpg
257215.jpg

1429322-n.jpg
235704.jpg

So I'm bored.
Very bored.

So BORED Had an idea for a BOARD activity.

I call it Wall of Shame!

First I'll compile an image wall (just a list) of games that are shamefully guilty of capitalizing on a similar theme....

Themes for Wall of Shame can relate to setting (Rome) or something more abstract ....

After I post an initial list... CAGers are free to contribute suggestions of CURRENT GEN games for the wall before a POLL is taken to see which game SURVIVES the wall of shame as the CAG favorite in value and originality amongst its similar peers.

Sound Fun?

Great.

Figured I'd try this one before WWII games.. that's gonna be HUGE!

Lemme know what you think!
Only one game will survive the WALL OF SHAME!

P.S. While some games on the wall arent necessarily released yet (Spartan) just read up on it.... check a few images... its just for fun.... vote for it if you're more excited for the unreleased game than you are in praise of something already out.

just have fun with it.

[quote name='The VGM']Why are Shadow of Rome and Coloseum (spelled that wrong) on there?[/QUOTE]

They're sword and sandal "epics" with common themes.....

Did you.... uh.... not catch that?

"...capitalizing on a similar theme..."-that's why. I knew there were several "gladiator" games but I didn't realize there were this many. Circus Maximus has to win (lose) this one. That game was such a turd.

So we choose which one we like the best and the rest stay on the wall of shame? It would seem to be better if the one with the least amount of votes stayed and the rest didn't. Unless I'm missing something, having 6 games on the wall of shame would seem too many as not all of these are bad games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']So we choose which one we like the best and the rest stay on the wall of shame? It would seem to be better if the one with the least amount of votes stayed and the rest didn't. Unless I'm missing something, having 6 games on the wall of shame would seem too many as not all of these are bad games.[/QUOTE]

good point....

ok.. well consider this a test run for now...

i just found out that i cant add a poll after starting the thread....

so we'll do that....

when I have a poll running...

We'll be voting for the most shameful.

For now... any other nominees?

NFSU/NFSU2/Midnight Club 2/Midnight Club 3/Juiced/Street Racing Syndicate (Car modding/Underground street racing theme)

[quote name='Scorch']NFSU/NFSU2/Midnight Club 2/Midnight Club 3/Juiced/Street Racing Syndicate (Car modding/Underground street racing theme)[/QUOTE]

Definately for a future wall...

Bot for now... Any other Sword and Sandal games?

I have a hunch someones gonna say God of War....

But that's more of a Myth based action game in set amongst greek gods... not men.
not the really the dusty Roman colosseum vibe...

[quote name='Scorch']oh, I thought we were suggesting things for a new wall.. sorry.

What about "Shadow of the Colossus"?[/QUOTE]

no no no....

looking for games that fall into the "Sword and Sandal" cliche of greco-roman war.

Shadow of the Colossus is a hauntingly beautiful epic of man against beast....
sort of ICO meets David and Goliath(s).

Archon and Wrath Unleashed are loosely based on mythic creatures, although not all of Roman origin. Kid Icarus would be too. And what about that old arcade game, Gladiator?

Heh, Rome: Total War wasn't bad at all. Why'd you hate it anyway? I liked it quite a lot and the way you move troops around town made it realistic.

[quote name='radjago']Archon and Wrath Unleashed are loosely based on mythic creatures, although not all of Roman origin. Kid Icarus would be too. And what about that old arcade game, Gladiator?[/QUOTE]

out of all of these, Gladiator would get my vote as the game that gets to leave the wall of shame. That game still kicks ass :cool:

[quote name='Buster Rod G']How about adding Rygar?

938482b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

good call... but i think this one might fall into the same realm of fantasy like God of War... its more about the myth than the setting....

That and to be fair... Rygar is a revamp of an existing franchise.

The shameful games are all guilty of hopping on the bandwagon forming the cliche.

lol i had no idea there were this many gladiator games out there.

so staying on the wall of shame doesn't mean that it's a "shamefully bad" game but rather that it's the most shamefully obvious in terms of capitalizing on a particular theme?

by the way, i second evilmax's idea.

bread's done
Back