CAG Xbox Live Gaming Community (New thread up, please close this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XBL Gamertag: coalhalo

If any CAGers want to add me that's quite alright. I'm putting more time into TF2 recently, but I'm up for just about anything, Check my profile to see what games I'll play online, especially with fellow CAGer's.

defiance17

I have Gears, Halo 3, Carcassone, MUA, Guitar Hero III, Rock Band, The Orange Box, Street Fighter II, UMK3, and UNO.

I'll be getting Call of Duty 4 shortly, as well.

I won't be able to commit to any weekly schedule, but I'm usually up for just about anything when I am around. Just shoot me a PM if you see me on here, or send me a message on Live.
Keep in mind that I'm not very good at anything listed above, and would generally prefer to play with similarly-skilled CAGs. :lol:

Well, it's about that time for a monthly update, so get those changes or additions in over the next couple days as I'll try to do a big update this weekend at some point.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Well, it's about that time for a monthly update, so get those changes or additions in over the next couple days as I'll try to do a big update this weekend at some point.[/quote]

In my name on the list can u capitalize my C in Capcom you did it for the first name but the second one is lower case hehe thanks
Oh and i can't see anything but X's on the first page

BIG update for games list

Halo 3
HL 2
Rock Band
Skate
NFS: MW
COD 4
Saints Row

Still have
Halo 2
GH 2
Marvel UA

With the dashboard update and the friends of friends feature, it might be best to just make a gamertag for each game released and have people add that gamertag like a friends list just for that game. So there would be CAG Gears, and CAG Halo3, and so on. There would have to be someone to keep up a list for each game.

hey I'm up for some good old fashoned fun

gamertag:Crazyfoot491

Games orange box, rainbow six vegas, gears, crackdown, cod 3 ( i know i should upgrade to CoD4)

Ok, I'm proposing a bit of a makeover to this thread and its functionality to not only take advantage of the Friend of a Friend feature that I think is very handy, but also to take some of the burden of maintaining this thread off of me and off of CAG in general.

I'd like to roll this concept into the clan concept thread that's been in the forums for a week or two now by creating Xbox Live Silver Accounts entitled:

CAG Gaming Group AF
CAG Gaming Group GM
CAG Gaming Group NT
CAG Gaming Group UZ

Instead of hosting a large list of CAG gamers that would like to game with others in this thread, they would instead be housed in those four friends lists. Naturally, AF would hold gamertags that start with A through F and so on so that you could easily find a particular gamertag you might be looking for.

That way, I wouldn't have to pick and choose who I keep and who I delete, constantly bumping up against that 100-friend limit. Instead, I'd have all CAGs at my fingertips. Our current tally is 215 + a few I haven't updated the list with. Four gamertags gives us room for 400, so I think that might cover it. I'm open to suggestions though. Perhaps it doesn't matter if they're grouped to some people. Perhaps we can just keep filling up new friends lists as we go. Again, I'd love discussion on that.

These groups would operate separately from the game-specific clan/friend listings that we've started to flesh out. Those have worked really well and will help revive the game nights. My end game would be to have a friends list of those main CAG names, plus whatever game-specific friends lists I'm interested in. The two threads would be locked and I would start a fresh new thread that combined the concepts and would house discussion for the group as a whole.

So, with that in mind, any thoughts on this? CokeCola did an awesome job on the layout for this thread and I've enjoyed being a part of it, but I think this might be a little bit easier for everyone involved.

Thoughts?

Edit: Actually, this won't work as I envision it because people would want to add all the groups to see everyone on them, meaning they'd then be on the friends lists for those groups, which means they'd be a big mess of people. Can anyone think of a way to do this?

Please add me to the CAG gamers list. I've joined a few of the CAG silver accounts, but would like to be apart of the main list if there is one. Thanx
Showa50

Also if CheapyD can incopoartate some type of calander with the CAG 2.0 update that would be great. Or maybe even a simple Meetup group to help keep track of the dates and help notify people.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Edit: Actually, this won't work as I envision it because people would want to add all the groups to see everyone on them, meaning they'd then be on the friends lists for those groups, which means they'd be a big mess of people. Can anyone think of a way to do this?[/quote]

I said this in the other thread:

[quote name='Draekon']Now if you really need someone to make the gamertag, it's really not much work. All they'd need to do is either have users PM the creator and they'd log on that day to add people or they'd log on every few days to add people. And when a list gets big enough (99 friends), they'd create a new gamertag for an extension onto the existing one and then friend the two together for easy reference between the two gamertags.[/quote]

The main problem in doing this is when you start to get close to hitting max number of friends on said gamertag and it can start to become a mess with handling.

You could instead use a single silver gamertag as a 'hub' across all the cag clans and what you propose which may work better. I say this as you can view your friends, friend, friendlist... If you understand what the hell I just wrote right there. I don't know how far you can go doing this but I've looked at a friends friendlist and then looked at one of his friends friendlist. So I know that far is at least possible but not sure if you can go further.

[quote name='Draekon']The main problem in doing this is when you start to get close to hitting max number of friends on said gamertag and it can start to become a mess with handling.

You could instead use a single silver gamertag as a 'hub' across all the cag clans and what you propose which may work better. I say this as you can view your friends, friend, friendlist... If you understand what the hell I just wrote right there. I don't know how far you can go doing this but I've looked at a friends friendlist and then looked at one of his friends friendlist. So I know that far is at least possible but not sure if you can go further.[/QUOTE]
It only goes one level deep. But you can send people friend requests and get around it, assuming they have room on their list and everyone has friend list sharing on.

X is friends with Y.
Y is friends with Z.
Z is friends with A.

X can see Z, but can't see A.
If X sends Z a friend request, then he can view all of Z's friends, including A.

Hmm, I had a solution based off of Draekon's post, but if you can only see one level deep, then that doesn't work.

If it did, all it would take is a hub name like CAG Gaming Group. CAG Gaming Group would then have on its friend list:
CAG Gaming Group AF
CAG Gaming Group GM
CAG Gaming Group NT
CAG Gaming Group UZ
Plus the clan tags

Then, all someone would have to do is sign up for their alphabetical name. They could then look at CAG Gaming Group UZ's friend list, which would include CAG Gaming Group (and wouldn't result in a friend listing on CAG Gaming Group) to look at other alphabetical groups or clan listings.

Shame you can't drill down that far.

Not sure what the protocol is now with this friend of a friend thing, but here's my infos:

Kellk
Halo 3, MUA:G, TF2, Gears, Crackdown, DOA4

And I'm fairly terrible at all of them.

Feel free to add me:

"Mirow"
Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Team Fortress 2, Skate, Rock Band, Virtua Fighter 5, Gears

With the Fall Update letting us view other people's Friends List I've been able to track down quite a few CAGers that way. One suggestion I have for finding other CAGers is to put CAG somewhere in your profile, like your nickname, location, or in your bio. A bunch of CAGers do it and it helps identify them.

GT: MasterSprtn117
Games I'll play: Halo 3, Forza 2, Marathon: Durandal, Crackdown, Guitar Hero 3 (soon), Texas Hold 'em....pretty much any game I have achievement points for except Dead Rising (doesn't matter since it doesn't have online)

Feel free to add me, gamertag is three star king.... I'm not very good at any games, but I'm playing the following:
Halo 3, Virtua Fighter 5, Skate, Rock Band

I also own COD4 and Carcassonne, but haven't played either online at all... i.e. I'm a noob.

Gamer tag: PhoenixHellcat

Games I have right now: Forza 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, COD 4, Gears of War, and All Pro Football.

GamerTag: LegendK7ll3r

Games: Guitar Hero III, Rock Band, CoD4, Halo 3, The Darkness, Gears of War, T.O.B. (TF2), Stranglehold, WWE: Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008, Dirt, Lost Planet, Crackdown, Marvel: Ultimate Allience, TimeShift, TCS: Double Agent, Saints Row, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Rumble Roses XX, Skate, Monster Madness, Battlefield 2, Beautiful Katamari, Two Worlds, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Def Jam: Icon, Uno, TMNT 1989, Aegis Wing, Alien Hominoid HD, Bomberman Live, Contra, Super Contra, Sonic 2, Carcassonne, Frogger, Fatal Fury, Small Arms, Streets of Rage 2, and I'm sure I missed some.. haha (this is a list of pretty much all the online games I have, I don't play these all 24/7 obviously, but just listing what I have).http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/carcassonne/index.html

Gamertag: Easy Educator
Currently playing: COC4
Soon to be playing: Team Fortress, maybe Halo 3
Also could play: GRAW2, Forza2, GOW, Battle for Mid Earth

Not many friends my age that play online and playing with my students is a little wierd, so I could use some CAG friends! Anyone can send me a request just tag it with "CAG" somewheres.

GT: Zenintrude

XBL games: Uno, Texas Hold'em, Backgammon, COD4, skate, Tetris Evolution, The Darkness, TF2, Crackdown, Beautiful Katamari, Phantasy Star Universe

[quote name='robdees']Gamertag: Easy Educator
Currently playing: COC4
Soon to be playing: Team Fortress, maybe Halo 3
Also could play: GRAW2, Forza2, GOW, Battle for Mid Earth

Not many friends my age that play online and playing with my students is a little wierd, so I could use some CAG friends! Anyone can send me a request just tag it with "CAG" somewheres.[/quote]

Awesome! I am in the same situation. I dont have COD4 yet, but I play TF2 and Halo 3. Sometimes I play GOW and RSVegas.

BTW, what subject/grade level do you teach. I am a secondary language arts teacher as well as the drama instructor. Cool to see someone with the same situtation.

Gamertag: Twilight Elite

I usually just play Halo 3 online, trying to be the best. I also added a sweet video of me on my file share, it's about a minute long. I earned a bunch of things in 3 kills, was kinda cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back