Vanilla Gorilla = Percy City Plebians

iguss = HouseRuthBuilt

Crash = NorthernLights

Supreme = The Deported

y2jedi = Louisville Sluggers

csidegamer = 100yearsandcountin

kaige17 = Chisox

In.
I just wanna tell you guys that I didn't start playing fantasy sports until last year with my fellow CAGs, and I'm really glad I did. Yet another game to be addicted to.
Thanks !

Only 29 days until draft day !!

I'm in. My team totally crashed and burned in last season's yahoo CAG league so hopefully I'll bounce back this year.

For the record, I think having holds and errors is bad idea for categories but if everyone else is cool with it that's fine.

Edit: I'm Cookie Monsters

Awesome... I signed up as "Mudville Nine." I haven't played in a couple of years, but I used to love fantasy baseball. Time to dust off the cleats, oil up my glove, and see what this old timer has left in the tank!

[quote name='dopa345']I'm in. My team totally crashed and burned in last season's yahoo CAG league so hopefully I'll bounce back this year.

For the record, I think having holds and errors is bad idea for categories but if everyone else is cool with it that's fine.[/quote]

I put em in there cuz I've played with em before & I kinda liked it. However, we can drop if thats what majority wants. I'm very open to change.

Our draft slot is very tentative right now since I don't know what will work for everyone. Plus, there seemed to be a lack of open slots right now.

I joined if that's cool. Was thinking about fantasy baseball the other day, so I would love to try out a league with other CAGs. My team is The Deported.

I booted galvatron2K1 since I'm not sure who that is. I sent an invite to VG.

Galv if you wanna make yourself known post in this thread and I can bump it to a 14 team league and add you and fuzion.

I also dropped errors and holds. We can discuss any changes once we get all set

pm sent...if you have a spot or you expand the league..I am down...I had been looking for the yahoo league signups (i saw the espn one but didn't want to join espn again)..I was in it last year...I see how it is, you hide the league from the reigning champ (i kid i kid):)

glad i am in....some stats I wouldn't mind seeing....holds and doubles....I don't think triples should be included as there isn't a ton of them being hit, and 1 triple could win it in a week, but a lot of players put up doubles...

Sorry for dropping out, guys, but I have to say that the stats were part of the reason. I play in several leagues, so having nonstandard stats made my life more difficult. If you guys go back to standard 5x5 stats, I'd love to setup a new league.

Holds were already nixed & OPS covers doubles, triples, hbp, and walks.

It's a 6x5 league so it's not like stats are crazy but I like having an odd number a categories to try and limit ties. I think all 5x5 leagues should replace avg with OPS anyway.

Sorry to those who missed out but I don't really like going over 12 teams in any fantasy league.

[quote name='y2jedi']I'll take one for the team, but you do realize that would be 10:30PM EST ?[/quote]

Yup. 9:30 for me. I'm not a big fan of the move either but I'm willing to do it cuz I'm just that nice. ;)

i could do it if we had to move it back...it is late to be starting though...espically considering a yankee fan is requesting it.

[quote name='ryanbph']...espically considering a yankee fan is requesting it.[/quote]

Well, since it's a fellow Yankee fan, then I'm ok with the late start time. You better watch out, one of us may finally have a plan that works to get Bonds and Griffey in the same outfield.;)

I didn't hear any strong objections so the draft has been moved back 1 hour. Speak up asap if this does not work for you.

I apologize for dropping out at such short notice. At 10:30 pm, there's no way I can make it since I have to get up early for work tomorrow. 9:30 pm I could have done but 10:30 pm is simply too late. If I had known sooner I would have dropped out earlier to give you more time to find a replacement.

[quote name='dopa345']I apologize for dropping out at such short notice. At 10:30 pm, there's no way I can make it since I have to get up early for work tomorrow. 9:30 pm I could have done but 10:30 pm is simply too late. If I had known sooner I would have dropped out earlier to give you more time to find a replacement.[/quote]
Why don't you just stay in and have it autodraft for you?

I will not be around at all for the draft and will probably get stuck with some scrubs, given the little bit of time I have to do any pre-ranking. Hopefully there is still a chance to move the draft back. If not, my team will probably be one of the worst in the league, simply due to pre-draft rankings.

This 11th hour crap is BS. Dopa has dropped so I'm giving craven the boot to get the number of teams back to even. Sorry.

People need to answer emails and posts in a timely fashion and this nonsense could have been avoided.

[quote name='klwillis45']This 11th hour crap is BS. Dopa has dropped so I'm giving craven the boot to get the number of teams back to even. Sorry.

People need to answer emails and posts in a timely fashion and this nonsense could have been avoided.[/quote]

wtf man? I was one of the 1st people to throw my name out there and I get the boot?

[quote name='klwillis45']I'm very sorry but dopa dropping last minute really tied my hands.[/quote]

No hard feelings, but instead of going through to see when people signed up, you just picked someone at random? It just sucks getting the boot, and especially the day of. Glad I didn't try to make the draft, only to find out I wasn't in the league.

His late departure didn't really leave me a lot of options. We can't roll with an odd number of teams in a H2H league and you were the only guaranteed no show. Who else was I supposed to kick? It was too late to round up a replacement.

If dopa bothered to read the emails I sent or had the courtesy to stick around it wouldn't have been neccessary. I understand your frustration. I was pissed I had to do it but I didn't see another way.

[quote name='klwillis45']His late departure didn't really leave me a lot of options. We can't roll with an odd number of teams in a H2H league and you were the only guaranteed no show. Who else was I supposed to kick? It was too late to round up a replacement.

If dopa bothered to read the emails I sent or had the courtesy to stick around it wouldn't have been neccessary. I understand your frustration. I was pissed I had to do it but I didn't see another way.[/quote]

Its just frustrating knowing I got the boot because I had to be to work this morning. Penalizing one of the to join would have been a better option in my opinion. And had I been one of the last to sign up, I'd have been fine with it.

I had to work this morning too and so did several others who attended. IMHO, autodrafters are far less likely to give a rip down the line so I made the call.

I asked for objections to the later start when iguss requested the change. That was weeks before the draft.

[quote name='klwillis45']I had to work this morning too and so did several others who attended. IMHO, autodrafters are far less likely to give a rip down the line so I made the call.

I asked for objections to the later start when iguss requested the change. That was weeks before the draft.[/quote]

I could have sworn I made an objection, considering on a regular day I am up by 5:30 EST. I took the time last night to pre-rank players.

But I'll stop filling this topic with my frustration and let you guys have your league.

bread's done
Back