CAGCAA - NCAA 09 Dynasty - 2009 Season - Week 19 Week Deadline: 6/7

[quote name='XXXplosive1']My son broke my mike, I could hear you but I guess you couldn't hear me. I picked up a used one today that seems to work.[/quote]

lol.. ok no problem...

As far as playing my game against the LSU(DJSteel), I'm avaliable anythime after 5 on tuesdays, thurs, and fri. On monday and wednesday I can play at any time

Light me up good, ah well. I got to play some more and improve on my tackling and try and tone down turnovers.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks like Matt's left to get his recruiting done and we can move to next week.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry guys! I've been ridiculously busy these past few days. But I was going to let my recruiting be simmed, anyway. I just forgot to set "ready to advance", I guess. Go ahead and move it along if everyone else is ready.

We are now in week 3!

Recap of week 2:

We finally got to see users clash in their non-conference schedules and saw Georgia, Ohio State, Miami, and Clemson have impressive wins against ranked opponents. Miami's upset of Florida in particular gets them a spot in the top 25 at #24. Kansas completely dropped from the #14 spot out of the top 25 along with former #20 BYU and $25 Fresno State. Welcome new ranked teams Michigan, Texas A&M, and Miami.

As for the Heisman race, Tim Tebow's still #1 and Chris Wells' is still #2, but we have a new #3, Knowshon Moreno from Georgia, who had a huge game in their win over Illinois. That pushes Percy Harvin from Florida, who had a great game against Miami, and Noel Devine, who did little against Ohio State, down a spot, pushing Chase Daniel out of the Top 5 completely.

None of our players won National Player of the Week, but the ACC saws Florida State's Christian Ponder take their Offensive Player of the Week while Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers took the Defensive Player of the Week honors. Ohio State's Anderson Russell took home Defensive Player of the Week honors while the SEC saw Knowshon Moreno repeat as Offensive Player of the Week and LSU had Patrick Johnson take home Defensive Player of the Week honors.

This week's schedule:

South Florida (moonknight25) at Michigan State (XXXplosive1)
Illinois (Matt Young) at Tennessee (pitfallharry219)
NC State at Clemson (Johnacon)
Georgia (FrankySox)
at South Carolina
Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) at USC
Florida State (slickkill7) at LSU (DJSteel)

Byes:
West Virginia (Dyson), Florida (RawisJericho), Miami (Ace!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pitfallharry, are you available tomorrow?

Also, Frisky, are the rankings in the OP updated? If so, I didn't drop as much as I had feared. I'm back to where I started at #18. I guess the fact that the team that beat me was #1 overall softened the blow of the loss.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']We are now in week 3!

Recap of week 2:

We finally got to see users clash in their non-conference schedules and saw Georgia, Ohio State, Miami, and Clemson have impressive wins against ranked opponents. Miami's upset of Florida in particular gets them a spot in the top 25 at #24. Kansas completely dropped from the #14 spot out of the top 25 along with former #20 BYU and $25 Fresno State. Welcome new ranked teams Michigan, Texas A&M, and Miami.

As for the Heisman race, Tim Tebow's still #1 and Chris Wells' is still #2, but we have a new #3, Knowshon Moreno from Georgia, who had a huge game in their win over Illinois. That pushes Percy Harvin from Florida, who had a great game against Miami, and Noel Devine, who did little against Ohio State, down a spot, pushing Chase Daniel out of the Top 5 completely.

None of our players won National Player of the Week, but the ACC saws Florida State's Christian Ponder take their Offensive Player of the Week while Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers took the Defensive Player of the Week honors. Ohio State's Anderson Russell took home Defensive Player of the Week honors while the SEC saw Knowshon Moreno repeat as Offensive Player of the Week and LSU had Patrick Johnson take home Defensive Player of the Week honors.

This week's schedule:

Georgia (FrankySox) at South Carolina

Byes: West Virginia (Dyson), Florida (RawisJericho), Miami (Ace!)[/quote]

XXXplosive let me know when you want to play our game

[quote name='Matt Young']Pitfallharry, are you available tomorrow?

Also, Frisky, are the rankings in the OP updated? If so, I didn't drop as much as I had feared. I'm back to where I started at #18. I guess the fact that the team that beat me was #1 overall softened the blow of the loss.[/quote]
Yeah, that's probably the main reason.

Damn. My game against USC was tough, but I managed to get the winning TD pass with 5 seconds left in the game to go ahead 28-25 and the game got an Instant Classic rating of 1526.

I'm in Indiana, so Eastern. Tonight, maybe 9 or 10. Other nights, about the same. Those are just times I'm positive I'll be free. I don't have a whole lot going on this week, so other times might be good also. What time is good for you?

I can play anytime before 9 Eastern today, but not after. Basically, anytime before 9 Eastern today through Wednesday. Tomorrow, I could also play between 11 PM-1 AM Eastern, but Tuesday night I'm going to the gym and then to bed after I get home. Wednesday night, it's the gym and then celebrating my birthday. Thursday, I should be available most of the evening if we don't get to play before then.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']We are now in week 3!

Recap of week 2:

This week's schedule:

Georgia (FrankySox) at South Carolina

Byes: West Virginia (Dyson), Florida (RawisJericho), Miami (Ace!)[/quote]

I love the recap. That's awesome.

Just so everyone knows, Da'Quan Bowers is a true freshman, so you all have at least two more seasons of having your QB's eaten alive. Also Clemson destroyed NC State yesterday to become the 2008 Textile Bowl champions.

Play your games!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It looks like we'll probably have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday.[/QUOTE]

What time would eb good for you on those days? As I said, it'd have to be earlier than 9 Eastern on Wednesday due to my birthday being celebrated. Could you give me an estimated time for one or both days when you think you'd be available?

[quote name='Matt Young']Also, I was wondering- Why si it that, in addition to having the toughest non-conference schedule, all those games are on the road?[/quote]

usually that is the way the dice fall.. the teams 1 for 1 on road to home ratios for two years... some teams can get away with a 2 home: 1 away scenario.

[quote name='DJSteel']usually that is the way the dice fall.. the teams 1 for 1 on road to home ratios for two years... some teams can get away with a 2 home: 1 away scenario.[/quote]

You are impossible to get a hold of...seriously

[quote name='moonknight25']XXXplosive let me know when you want to play our game[/QUOTE]

Im good for tomorrow night after 7pm eastern.

[quote name='moonknight25']I'm hopping on right now! I dozed off lol![/QUOTE]

I'm done with my game, I was up 35-0 with 3 min left in the 1st half. Then South Carolina becomes unstoppable. I ended up winning but it was close.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Matt, I can play around 6 eastern tomorrow night. Are you free then?[/QUOTE]

I should be, but I can't say 100%. I'll let you know at least a couple hours in advance.

Ok Dj and I just finished our game.My offense and Defense were both very solid during the whole game except when my quarterback threw TWO picks sixes?!? Then to cap it off he ran a kick off back for a TD. At that point I was down 24-14 going into the 3rd quarter. Also my starting running back went down for 3 weeks. Ouch

He got the kick off in the 3rd and my d shut his offense down. My offense steadily came back and luckily I didn't throw anymore picks. 31-24. Player of the game for me was my QB Christian Ponder. 300+ yds. 2TD, 2 Ints

lag killed me.. his first td.. I selected the guy who was defending the wr and he stopped running.. then the last int.. I pressed A to hike the ball and he didn't hike it so I hit A again and he hiked it and threw to WR A which ended up as an INT and ended the game...it was a good game though..very close..

Hot shit check this out:

The complete list of what is being fixed in the second patch is now available thanks to producer Adam Thompson. This patch is expected to be submitted to MS/Sony today which means it could potentially arrive before September if things go smoothly. The first patch, which fixes the player editing issues, may be out as early as next week.
Expanding on what was already known the patch will include the ability to view your Online Dynasty headquarters through EA Sports World along with some bug fixes. Continue on to view the full list of items included in the patch.

• Ability to view your Online Dynasty HQ through EA Sports World
  • Improved online performance
Dynasty
  • Fixed a couple recruiting exploits
  • Faster simming between weeks
Custom Stadium Sounds
  • The “All” option will now only work when the user is the home team
Gameplay
  • Improved coverage on kicks
  • Hook Zones depth keeps defenders in their zones
  • Fixed an issue with the Strafe Catch
  • Allow fumbles to occur when diving
  • WR screen routes improved
Bug Fixes
  • Sliders will now work correctly
  • An issue with missing stats after simming has been fixed
  • Ball carrier will no longer run out of bounds when changing hands and heading towards the sidelines
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed the slot receiver to burn the safeties in a prevent defense
  • Fixed a bug where the the ball would hit the cross bar, drop through, and not be counted
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent Hot Routes from working

[quote name='Matt Young']pitfallharry and I can't connect. Franky, what did you have to enter into your settings when you and I couldn't connect?[/QUOTE]

A long list of settings. I've had my settings custom set up for a long time, all I did was switch my settings from manual to automatic, but I had manual settings in there already. There is a thread on CAG about not being able to connect to someone you guys should both go through that and it should fix any problems. If either of you need assistance we can private chat and fix it.

[quote name='slickkill77']Hot shit check this out:

The complete list of what is being fixed in the second patch is now available thanks to producer Adam Thompson. This patch is expected to be submitted to MS/Sony today which means it could potentially arrive before September if things go smoothly. The first patch, which fixes the player editing issues, may be out as early as next week.
Expanding on what was already known the patch will include the ability to view your Online Dynasty headquarters through EA Sports World along with some bug fixes. Continue on to view the full list of items included in the patch.

• Ability to view your Online Dynasty HQ through EA Sports World
  • Improved online performance
Dynasty
  • Fixed a couple recruiting exploits
  • Faster simming between weeks
Custom Stadium Sounds
  • The “All” option will now only work when the user is the home team
Gameplay
  • Improved coverage on kicks
  • Hook Zones depth keeps defenders in their zones
  • Fixed an issue with the Strafe Catch
  • Allow fumbles to occur when diving
  • WR screen routes improved
Bug Fixes
  • Sliders will now work correctly
  • An issue with missing stats after simming has been fixed
  • Ball carrier will no longer run out of bounds when changing hands and heading towards the sidelines
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed the slot receiver to burn the safeties in a prevent defense
  • Fixed a bug where the the ball would hit the cross bar, drop through, and not be counted
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent Hot Routes from working
[/QUOTE]

This is great news...however I'm a little worried it will still be too hard to defend the pass.

[quote name='FrankySox']The problem would be quite easy to fix if both of you went through the thread here on CAG.[/quote]

Thanks, Franky. I think I got it fixed. My NAT has been "strict" ever since I got a new router a few weeks ago. After some searching, I found the thread. I tried it several times with no luck. As a last effort, I upgraded my firmware and tried the DMZ thing one last time and it worked.

Matt, I'm not sure if we'll get this game played in time, but hopefully if we meet again we won't have any problems.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Thanks, Franky. I think I got it fixed. My NAT has been "strict" ever since I got a new router a few weeks ago. After some searching, I found the thread. I tried it several times with no luck. As a last effort, I upgraded my firmware and tried the DMZ thing one last time and it worked.

Matt, I'm not sure if we'll get this game played in time, but hopefully if we meet again we won't have any problems.[/QUOTE]

Good to here, hopefully it'll help you connect better to your friends in the future and you'll have no issues. I used to get all kinds of weird things happening to me before I fixed mine.

DMZ is the main thing. I think really all I did was open up a variant of my IP in the DMZ then manually edited my settings on the Xbox to reflect this and it's been perfect since!

I sat down to play a few games tonight of my own dynasty and I messed with the sliders SLIGHTLY but the game seemed to play MUCH better. Not sure if I was playing different or what. I played 4 straight games with the Huskers and I must say it's the most enjoyment I've gotten out of the game so far. I won four straight beating Mizzou 17-13(crazy score right?) Okie St 34-24 A&M 31-27 and Texas 24-20 on a last second QB sneak for a TD best game I've played on this years NCAA so far it was a blast and it reminded me of the good ol days when this game was good. Heres hoping that patch 2 gets here soon and fixes some shit.

I haven't even advanced the week yet, Ace, so hold your horses.

Are either of you (Matt Young or pitfallharry219) going to be able to get your game in today? I'll hold off advancing the week if you can actually play your game today.

We just finished the game. Matt won 48-35. Good game, man.

We both had kick returns for TDs. I can't believe I actually pulled of the Circus play in an online game. He had a hell of a passing day. I opened the game with a TD drive to lead 7-0 and then he proceeded to storm back to take a 21-7 lead. Every time I got close, he pulled something out to snatch it away.

Yeah, good game man. That was fun.

I thought I was screwed after the accidental lateral attempt and resulting fumble at the beginning of the game which you turned into a touchdown. Screwing up so early and being intoxicated while playing- not a good idea. But luckily I was able to recover almost every time You scored. It was a very back and forth game, though.

bread's done
Back